Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 10:07:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
The Chopper Club Started by: Eee on Nov 07, '20 05:17

It had been awhile since Jacqueline was in Detroit, after moving her belonging to New York she decided it was time to check in on the Chopper club and the employee's. Admiring the building from out front before making her way inside, pushing the solid door open, the smell of lust, cigarette and liquor pooled through the air.

Making her way to the bar spotting James sitting by the bar asking for drink, deciding to sneak up on him, walking on her tippy toes, motioning Marcus to keep quiet as she approached him, placing her hands over his eyes, leaning into his back.

"Guess who..?"  her tone low with a hint of mischievousness, drawing her attention to Marcus shooting him a wink, Patches curled around Jacqueline's leg nuzzling, purringly loudly, unable to withstand letting out a giggle.

"Hey there lil one!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
A smile spread across James lips, as all the tension he had been feeling melted away. He knew the perfume, the voice, and the touch of the one asking him to "Guess Who?" He slipped out of the chair and in the same motion of turning to face her, he took one hand and moved hers to his shoulder and with the other he lightly kissed her remaining hand.

"Jacq... If you aren't a sight for sore eyes." His own eyes matched the smile on his face, and sparkled as he looked I to hers. "It's good to see you, you look fabulous by the way."

Marcus stood there watching the two of them. He shook his head and grunted at the drama he knew would eventually unfold while simultaneously being glad he was too old for that shit. He made and slid another of the loaded cherry cola on the counter next to the one he made for James, he knew the young man would ask him to make one for Jacqueline.

Just as James was about to lean in and greet his guest with a kiss he felt a vice grip to his shoulder that managed to spin him around and pull him away at the same time. The blonde concierge whole body and aura pulsed with anger, and before James or Jacqueline could even utter a word Joseph decked James knocking him to the ground.

"Lying piece of shit... Going to Philadelphia to pay your respects. You could have at least had the balls to tell me the truth, and you call me a coward. What a fucking joke, going to New York to prove yourself... just going to be closer to this Tart. Go then, you saw first hand how she played me, but go and be her toy." Venom swirled with pain filled every word Joseph spoke.

"I am going to New York to make a name for myself. But Joey, you are right. I am a coward... I didn't tell you the full truth, I am also going to New York to get away from you. You're a clueless fool when it comes to people and your employees. You called Eli an idiot, but you're worse than he ever was... At least he had empathy." James said as he stood back up straight and cleaned himself off.

"Not even gonna defend your woman's honor?" Joseph said trying to provoke James to hit him back.

"I don't need to defend her against you, I apparently know her better than you do. I know she's a strong vibrant woman, and if she has something to say... She'll say it herself." James quietly replied, a half smile cracking across his face as he spoke of Jacqueline.
Report Post Tip

Run...  She had fucking ran away.  Just like her fucking father.  Things had started to look nice even after the entire world decided to burn itself down and take almost all that she loved with it.  And just as life began to show her that she could recover, that it could recover...  She ran.  It wasn't fair, but Anya didn't know how to react any differently.  So she had run from the very chance she had to return to some kind of normalcy and continue to learn to just simply deal with people.  

But that wouldn't do. 

It had been a few weeks since she had come to Detroit just to visit, and had met someone who had given her hope even if only for a shred of a second.  Even if she had simply excused herself rather roughly and turned tail and run.  Again.  

But something had told her that it wasn't right.  She had seen something in those eyes...  And it had confused her.  Not to mention that she had liked what she had seen.  Even if she wouldn't allow herself to admit that out loud.  Oh hell no.  

Perhaps it was that...  Or perhaps it was the damn knowing glance that she got from the foxes.  She swore they knew so much more than people might assume.  But whatever it was, it had Anya on a flight back to Detroit...  And her feet headed back to the Chopper Club.  She knew she needed to pull herself together if she was going to survive life, much less this next encounter...  Anya was going to...

Apologize.

So it was that she paused at the door, feeling a tremor run through her form before she reached out to open it.  Drawing it open, she felt a wave of warmth wash over her and felt a shiver run down her spine.  Little Man wasted no time leaping out of that dang satchel that the two of them were outgrowing and tearing off through the club seeking after that tiny kitten he had met last time they were here.  Anya gave a small smile to any he met her eyes.  She was going to be nice.  Dammit.  If it killed her.

And there he was.  Anya froze midstep but quickly righted herself.  She drew a deep breath and nodded.  Yup.  She had to do this.  Steps moved quickly and dutifully toward the young man but stopped suddenly as she noticed quite the...  Tense situation and naturally that there was a woman right in the middle of it.  Anya bit her lip and stepped back shaking her head a little.  Nope.  Nope.  Time had gone on, and so too did he most likely.  She bit her lip and turned around looking to the door for a moment.  Hell.  She was going to run again.  Suddenly she felt trapped.  Oh she hated that feeling.  Prey was trapped, she was not prey.  Turning around, she merely kept her distance for a moment.  "I called it Cherry Cola...  Yes...  I have two foxes...  It's such a long story how I got them, I wouldn't know where to begin..."  She murmured softly.  Yes, she remembered those questions she had left unanswered...  Yes she remembered that potentially clandestine meeting...  Yes she knew she had done wrong.  

And no she wasn't going to run.  

So she turned back around and strode purposefully toward the bar.  "Hello!  Could I please get a cherry cola?"  She recognized the barkeep and knew he would know what she was talking about.  She looked toward the small group and gave as warm a smile as she could manage.  "Hey..."  Tension be damned, she was launching herself right into whatever was going on.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

His actions and venom grated her the wrong way, finding it rather unattractive, left momentarily speechless of two friends at each other's throat, had it been at another day or time she'd become flustered by it, currently her urge to slap Joseph was undeniable.

Stepping forward unaware of any other occupants in the club, her eyes seething, positioning herself between Joseph and James her hand swung back slapping him across the face, feeling the tingling sensation in her palm after contact. Her body rigid a growl formed in her throat.

"He doesn't need to protect me you asshole, quit taunting the man that had your back, you're at his throat for what? What reason? Here I was thinking you were different...Fuck you Joseph, I  got nothing left to day to you..." picking up her Cherry cola throwing the liquid over the man, placing the tumbler back onto the bar top on her heel to a woman sat by the bar with kits by her feet, normally she'd be overwhelmed to sit by them patting them feeding them jerky, her anger and disappointment consumed her in the heat of the moment, giving the woman a curt nod, Jacqueline staunched past her towards the door, stopping only briefly to call out 

"See you in New York JamesTreyton " her voice cold and callous, opening the door slamming it behind her, hitting the streets of Detroit, fuel under her ass, fire pooling in her blood.

Report Post Tip

"Why the hell are you just standing there Joey?!"  James said with a authority and force.  "GO after her!"

Joseph looked blankly at the man he just decked across the face, and insulted.  He didn't know what to say, his emotions were a whirlwind of anger, confusion, embarrassment, and something of hope flittered among the turmoil.  He couldn't bring himself to speak, he could only just stand there, and blink.

"GO Joey.  I know you're hurt, but she's hurt too you idiot.   If you DON'T go after her right now, you WILL lose her.  Even if she turns you away, she's going to at least remember you went after, that you TRIED.... and maybe when the storms calm, there will be a chance for conversation.  If you don't?  Then she's damn sure gonna remember that you didn't try, and that chance with her, that door... will be closed for good. Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game..." 

"Jimmy... why?"  Joseph continued to stand attempting to understand.

"I'm not gonna tell you again Joey.  Go after her."  James could see the confusion still swirling in his friend's face. "Yes Joey.  She and I did click when we got to talking in Philly. Yes we slept together and it was fucking amazing. I'm not gonna lie or hide that from you.  Yes, I like her A LOT.  YOU love her man... and if you aren't gonna go fight for her love, I am damn sure gonna leave you standing here and run after Jacq myself." 

The blonde watched the sparkle leave his friend's sapphire blue eyes, as the pain of the sacrifice James was making took over.  It took that clear sign of pure love and sacrifice James was making on his own behalf that snapped Joseph out of his funk. "Jimmy... I owe you. Guess I'll be seeing you in New York too... hopefully."   

James sighed as he watched his friend chase after the woman James' own heart yearned for at the moment.  He was only snapped out of the trance he was in by the sound nails skittering across the floor. He looked down, just in time to see Patches tackling Little Man, who just rolled on his back giving off a very clear tiny fox laugh.  James eyes went wide in realization that the mysterious girl was back.  His eyes scanned around only to realized that she was right there next to him.  James' shoulders jumped a lil in surprise. 

"OH!  Hey...."  James said, his voice somber, sounding almost apologetic. "I didn't see you approach, I'm sorry you had to witness all that.   How about we have a seat."   

James cautiously placed his hand to the center of Anya 's back, before he took a step around her and returned back to his seat.   Marcus placed the Cherry Cola in the empty place, the old man's eyes meeting Anya's gaze  and he gave her smirk nodding towards James and just grunted in a sarcastic manner,  "Children..." ending with a huffing laugh. 

"Hey miss, I... I'm sorry if I said something to upset you the first time.  I really didn't mean to scare you away..."  James eyes started into own cherry cola drink, his voice soft and heavily apologetic. 

Report Post Tip

SLAP!  The sound rang out across the bar, causing heads to turn and a couple to jump.  A skitter was heard as it even drew the attention of one fox kit.  But it quickly went back to playing, it's attention not being held long.  One attention was half held much longer...  And that was Anya's.  A flash of emotion quickly flitted through her eyes.  A bit of respect mingled with a lot of curiosity and maybe just the tiniest dash of concern.  Whatever had this woman riled...  Well it was enough to bring out the fire and Anya tended to admire that...  A lot.  She valiantly fought back a tiny bit of a grin.  It was none of her business and honestly it was bad form to be amused by someone else's misfortune, especially when one did not know who was in the wrong and who was in the right.  Anya kept her reservations, minus the respect for the woman's boldness, to herself as the scene continued to unfold.

Oh and unfold it did!  The dark haired one...  James if memory served right...  He was urging the other that had just been roughly slapped to...  Go after her?  Oh this just got more interesting, but Anya forced herself to seem nonchalant.  None of her business damn it all.  But knowledge was power, so she was trained to keep an ear open to all that was around her.  So it was that she paid at least some bit of attention.  Yet to seem not so focused, she carefully drew Lovely out of the satchel without so much as a grunt of dislike from the kit.  She stroked her fur gently as she held her.  Anya was finally coming around to the prey being her constant companions.  A quick glance around to make sure Little Man was still in the vicinity was given.  She chuckled lightly as she watched the small cat that he had quickly become so fond of come out of nowhere when it's playmate was in the house.

Her eyes met Jacq's as she stalked by her.  A curt nod of her own was given in kind, her eyes remaining fairly unreadable.  She didn't know this woman, and this woman did not know her.  But somehow Anya knew she wanted to.  But that wasn't happening today.  Instead she found herself near to the very man that had vexed her thoughts and been the catalyst to her return.  And just like that as she braced herself ready to launch into her own apologies as soon as he noticed her.  But that thought was quickly derailed as he began to apologize instead.  Wait! No she was going to apologize.  Her mind reeled for a moment giving her a most blank stare as she met his eyes.  Quickly she tried to smooth that out and turned it to a look of indifference.  She shrugged for good measure.  "It's nothing."  She halted for a moment.  That sounded course.  "I mean, it's none of my business.  Not a problem- I."  She bit her lip and nodded agreeing to sit.  She may as well not resist.  Although her heart seized just a little as this brought back another clandestine meeting that seemed so long ago now.  But she fought it off, moving to join him without even objecting to his hand on her back.

She was very thankful for the arrival of her drink, and managed to force a small smile at his grunted sarcasm.  "Thank you..."  She accepted the Cherry Coke gleefully before taking a long draw from it.  A soft contented sound issued from between her lips, smiling as Lovely found her way up to her favorite shoulder perch.  She leaned her head against the soft fur as she steeled herself for the apology she still intended on delivering.

But then he was apologizing again!  Frustration mounted in Anya as well as bewilderment.  He didn't have anything to apologize for, he didn't even do anything!  Tension lined her shoulder and she felt pressure against the side of her neck.  Reaching up to gently scratch Lovely's ears, her lips twitched the smallest of smiles.  That damn fox.  "No no.  You didn't scare me.  I mean...  You didn't even upset me.  I.  I'm the one who needs to be sorry."  Her voice softened considerably and she glanced down at the table where both her hands wrapped around her cup.  "I shouldn't have left so suddenly.  You didn't do anything."  Oh great Anya.  You're doing the whole 'It's not you, it's me' spiel.  She drew a slow breath and shook her head a little.  "I was wrong to leave before I at least answered your questions."  And gave human interaction a shot...  Well...  That was easier than she had thought, although she couldn't help but feel like she had botched the heck out of her well meaning apology.  Time for another drink.  She bit her lip and looked away.  Great, how did she be her confident self when she said things like that?

Report Post Tip

The way Anya half stumbed over her words within her own apology reminded James very strongly of his former boss. As hard as he tried, he couldn't keep himself from laughing after Anya finished talking.  There was something of a sad joy that could be hear when he spoke.

"You were definitely his protege." James's smile was bright as he looked over at the girl at his side.  His fingers pinched at the bridge of his nose, amused and honestly glad. "It's good to see that part of Ethan still lives on through you, shame it was the way he was so awkward with people."

James winked at the girl as he playfully talked about how the awkwardness of their recently passed friend.  He took a long sip from the cherry cola, savoring the flavors of the drink before swallowing.  James eyes fell on Lovely, and he gave the little she fox a small wave. 

"She's beautiful...."   James spoke in a little more than a whisper before looking back to Anya.  "No worries on what happened last time.  Its the past.  How about we start will something simple with some names.   I'm James." 

Report Post Tip

Having stolen a chopper at the outskirts of the city, The Chopper Club seemed like a decent place to park it with no one batting an eyelash, so that's what Lennox did before he went inside. He took a quick gander around before he found himself a place to sit. A pretty looking waitress showed up as his table pretty fast. He smiled knowing he had come to the right place.

"I'd like a couple of beer, darlin."

He said with a cheeky smile upon his face, she gave him a wink and walked off to get them. He sat there relaxing and she returned in no time with four beers. He picked one up and raised it a little.

"Thanks sugar."

He wasn't hungry at the moment but a cold beer was just what he needed right now. Maybe he'd go somewhere to eat later unless they had something to eat there.

Report Post Tip

Apologies were never her strong suit.  Heck she wasn't even sure that she needed two hands to count the number of times in her short life that she had apologized to a soul.  It just didn't happen with Anya.  Although if that was because she just hated doing it or never felt like she had anything to apologize for was up for anyone's guess.  But either way she wasn't good at it...  And it showed.  But even with how bad at it she was, she didn't expect what was to come next.  Laughter?  The man was actually laughing at her!  A flash anger lifted her brows a little and her shoulders tensed almost as if ready to let one fly.  But no, she didn't punch the man in front of her.  But bewilderment did fill those amber eyes making her look less like a raptor.  The sadness in his laughter and voice was what brought this on.  It confused her greatly until she heard those words...

Right.  He knew Ethan too...  Her eyes slipped closed as she hadn't managed to prepare herself for the onslaught of emotion she felt when simply thinking his name.  It was so stupid.  This was why she didn't allow herself to get close enough to anyone.  They hurt you whether they were in your life or not.  Ok that wasn't fair, but still.  In any case, it was her turn to laugh as she took on a bit of a mock offended tone.  "Excuse me sir.  But I had perfected this awkwardness long before I ran into Ethan."  But there was a sadness in her eyes and tone as well even as she gave a bit of a smirk that could almost pass as a smile...  Almost.  She too took this moment to take a long draw from her cola.  Oh this stuff was better than the whole lot of drugs that she'd come to know...  Then again she couldn't say she'd tried most of them.

She glanced up to Lovely who had retained her spot on her shoulder.  Every day she became more thankful for the twin foxes.  She swore the little one of her shoulder was her emotional side...  Or at least there to make up for her lack of positive emotion.  Something like that.  But she nodded slowly as she stroked her head again before carefully coaxing her down from her post.  "Like her mother so I hear...  Her brother's running around too.  Likely causing mischief with that cute little cat I saw."  She glanced around realizing she hadn't seen Little Man in a couple minutes, but for now she was sure he was fine.  "Bet she'd let you pet her if you wanted."  She tilted her head a little as she watched Lovely who seemed totally at ease about this man.  Well that was good.

She nodded a little as he accepted her bumbling apology.  But even so she took a moment to break eye contact.  She took a quick sweep of the bar as she had become accustomed to doing.  Eyes fell upon Lennox as he entered and she gave him a small nod but wasn't entirely sure he had seen it before returning her attention to James in front of her.  "Anya."  She returned softly.  "Nice to have your name confirmed.  I thought I heard them say it here at least once."  Odd thing to say, but hey, Anya didn't act well with others.  She'd improve...  Maybe.

Report Post Tip

Sitting there enjoying his third beer of the night he spotted Anya. He smiled brightly as she gave him a nod. He wasn't sure if he should go over to her or not as she seemed to be busy talking to someone and he didn't want to be rude. He got the attention of the waitress again and she came over.

"You see that girl over there, send her a glass of red wine on me."

He gave the waitress a generous tip before going back to his beer, in case she hadn't seen him smile at her earlier. He never expected to run into someone he might know here but he didn't mind at all. He had one beer left and he would at least stay until that one was done. After that he had no plans but he prefered to do things out of the blue with not much planning behind it.

Report Post Tip

Squirrelly-Dan rode in on his rusty, squeaky old pedal bike.  He was a capo now in a speed crew.  It was most definitely time for an upgrade. He was looking for places to spend his money in Detroit anyway.  He was pretty sure that Sonic would approve of a chopper for him.

"Heys there.  I'm looking for something comfortable, loud and fast.  When I'm pulling out of the HQ, I want the people in LA to be able to hear me leaving.  You think that yous are able to help me out heres?

Squirrelly-Dan lit a dart and had a look at some of the works of art that had been put on display around the showroom.

Report Post Tip

While James and Joseph were busy, Lilly took it upon herself to handle things with the new and obviously confused patron that camein. She walked up and lightly tapped Squirrelly-Dan on the shoulder.  "Excuse me sugar, you do realize this is bar and host club right?" 

James however sat, completely oblivious to the coming and going of any other patrons.  He had focused on the fox after being told he could probably pet her.  His crystalline eyes softened as he admired the beauty he found in the creature. His hand went and gingerly stroked along the vixen's back, then up and scratched her ears.  He studied the animal as he did, though he felt it was an insult to label her as just an animal. 

"There's more to you than just a fox like nature isn't there?  You read people, you understand them. You KNOW you're exactly what my new friend here needs in her life."  James softly spoke, knowing Lovely had some understanding of what he was saying. "You're beautiful, you know that, little one?  What's your name?  In case you missed it, my name's James. Its very nice to meet you."

He sat a little bit, and sipped on his cola.  Frowning the moment he realized he'd drank it all already, but before he could even ask for another.  Marcus had slid a new one in front of James, and took the old glass.

"Thanks old man," James said as he was craving a type of snack. "Hey there any of that jerky back there?"

With a grunt the old man slid a package over to James, who placed it between himself and Anya

"It's nice to meet you as well Miss Anya. You got a fire in you, ya know that?  Don't let anyone try and extinguish it.   But just because you have perfected you awkwardness long before meeting Eli, that doesn't mean part of him doesn't live on in you.  I like to think those we loved, live on in the lives of those they touched.  I bet there's a bit of him in this one as well..."

James' eyes gained a bit of their old sparkle back as he took a bit of the beef jerky and offered it to the tiny vulpine.  Before his had was even back for another piece for himself a tiny calico fluff ball jumped onto the counter and nuzzled up to James' hand before walking over to Anya and giving her a full on head-butt while loudly purring. James was about to speak, and introduce Patches when Little Man and bounded off the floor and onto James' shoulders causing a surprised laugh to escape his lips. 

"Well hello there!  You must be the brother!  I'm James, your feline friend there is Patches.  I'm gonna guess you're not here for an introduction though. Are you?"  James smile was brighter, as the interactions with Anya and the foxes were helping him to at least temporarily put the pain hewas feeling to the back of his mind. 

He gave the male fox and his tiny cat friend a strip of jerky each, and laughed to himself as they both made happy little sounds while they munched down their snack.   "Looks like Ethan's love for beef jerky lives on in all three of our animal friends here... I wonder what part of him I have, any?  I was gone so long...." 

James pondered his thoughts out loud, as Marcus put a large bowl of goat milk up on the counter.  It was a favourite snack of Patches since she was little more than a furry potato running around.   While the gruff old barman played tough, he had a soft spot for the tiny feline; and she knew it.  Who first gave a mewing squeak of appreciation, before giving a more urgent one to her new fox friends to join her at the bowl. 

"They're amazing." James said, speaking of the twins. "You're so lucky to have so special of companions with you through life's journey.  It takes a very special individual to earn the loyalty and friendship of the Kitsune...."

James was about to finish his thought when a glass of red wine appeared in front of Anya.   It caused him to smile at the young woman. "It seems those foxes arent the only ones to see something special.  You have an admirer it seems." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Anya smiled as Lovely allowed herself to be drawn down into Anya's arms as she stroked the she-fox carefully but held her loosely in case she wished to wander.  Which she naturally did now that she could be fairly certain that Anya was emotionally stable...  For the moment.  The small fox slipped out of Anya's arms right onto the table before wandering closer to James.  She nosed his hand carefully as he reached to pet her.  Her gaze met his as she allowed the scratches quite happily.  It really was almost like the tiny creature could see right into someone's soul...  So far she had helped Anya on her path in navigating good people, and people that were better avoided by the young woman.  Animals did so tend to have a better feel for people than a lot of people did...  Perhaps it was because they spent less time talking and more time observing...  Perhaps it was something else entirely.  Not something proved, and how could it be?  Unwavering, Lovely soaked up James' words.  Did she truly understand?  Did she just like his tone?  She was but a beast after all.  But again with lack of common communication, it was hard to tell.  Either way she seemed absolutely riveted upon James...  Almost as taken with him as she had seemed to be with Ethan.  Yet another thought that was better left in her mind rather than being let loose.

As James’ words turned to a question, Lovely let out a soft but slightly sharp yip as if answering his question.  This made Anya laugh out loud despite her usual surly nature.  Her eyes danced just a tiny bit before her moment of mirth was hidden behind a carefully crafted shield once more.  “Her name is Lovely…  I’m not sure where that name came from except a pure description of her, but it fits.  She had the name before she came to me, but I could never bear to change it.  Doubt she’d answer to anything else anyway.”  Anya smiled fondly as she reached to stroke along Lovely’s back.  Her other hand also went to her cola to take another long draw before sighing in contentment.  This truly was the perfect drink.  Lovely blend of bold and sweet.  Kind of like her twins.

The sight and smell of jerky drew the attention of both kits almost immediately.  And right along with them was the small feline that Little Man had seemed to claim as his playmate when they were here.  Anya smiled as Lovely daintily accepted the strip of jerky only to have the party crashed by none other than the little cat and her brother.  Anya smiled and petted Patches lightly after she was given a greeting by way of a headbutt.  But just as she did, Little Man made himself known quite explosively.  Anya jumped and Lovely yipped disapprovingly. Little Man was not at all phased and simply accepted his jerky quite gleefully, chewing away and nuzzling James’ neck in response. Anya shook her head a little but chuckled, taking a piece for herself.  “That’s Little Man…  Again named before I met him but Vivian always called him the Little Man of the house.”  She chuckled a little.  Another name that choked her up a tad, but you’d really have to be listening to detect that one.  

“You’re not wrong…  Those that have gone before us always have a way of leaving a part of themselves with us.”  Her voice softened slightly as she reached right up almost too boldly to pet Little Man right there on James’ shoulder, oblivious to just how close she got to the man she had just met.  But she drew back at his musing words.  “I have no doubt that you do, but I haven’t know you long enough to say what it is..” 

It took no time at all for the foxes to catch the scent of goat milk.  Their noses twitched eagerly even as they licked the traces of jerky from their whiskers.  It took no more than the squeak from Patches before they too launched from their respective places to join her at the bowl.  Little Man, who was far more vocal than his counterpart, yapped his own gleeful laugh to Marcus in thanks.  The two foxes wasted no time, they were no stranger to goat milk.  It was what Anya could get ahold of for them when they were tiny.  At this point they were eating solid foods, but they still enjoyed goat milk from time to time when they could get it.

Anya smiled at James’ words and nodded softly.  “I fought it so hard at first…  Vivian said I would love them if I gave them a chance, but I couldn’t see them as more than prey…”  She felt a pink heat rise to her cheeks at this.  Never had she been embarrassed by the way she spoke.  But somehow it sounded off to say such things to him, especially about the foxes she’d so come to love.  “But she was right…  I love them now and can’t imagine my life without them.”

Jumping a little as a waitress appeared at her elbow setting a glass of wine before her.  She blinked with a tad bit of bewilderment as she looked at the dainty wineglass filled with a deep crimson liquid.  James’ words made her brows furrow.  An admirer?  Her?  Unlikely!  But another glance around and her eyes met with those of a man she’d only met a couple times.  They were on friendly terms…  But to send her a glass of wine?  Curious…  She picked up the glass and lifted it to him in a show of thanks but still she paused before steeling herself and taking a sip.  Honestly she had never had alcohol of any sort before…  But would that be acceptable to declare that?  No.  Of course not.  She’d drink it and enjoy it as if she’d done so countless times before.  “Hey.  That’s pretty good!”  She mused mostly to herself as she enjoyed the taste before going back for another sip.  

His belly full of milk, Little Man moved quietly through the patrons of the club checking out shoes and being a general nuisance.  

Anya turned to fix James with her searching gaze once again.  “So tell me about yourself.  You come here often?  You said you knew Ethan and this was his club…  If memory serves.”

Report Post Tip

Lennox raised his beer and smile at Anya, before finishing it up and heading outside. He left the keys on top of the chopper he arrived on. It wasn't his and maybe someone else wanted a free ride. After all he wasn't sober enough to ride it safely. He started walking down the road not sure where he was going but he was glad he wasn't driving cause he sure wasn't able to walk in a straight line right now.

Report Post Tip

"They really are special companions..." James spoke, his eyes fixated on Lovely.  He was drawn in by how the little she fox seemed to peer right into his very soul.  His words were soft and he mindlessly just let his fingers glide through the vixen's fur.  It wasn't until the Anya's musising about how good the wine was that brought him back to the Club and his current company.

He couldn't help but chuckle, he found her reaction to it absolutely adorable. "It's your first time with wine huh?  Careful with it, don't drink it too fast, it'll go to your head. It'll have you doing things you'd never do in your right mind.   It is a lovely drink though." 

Then her attention turned back to James, he met her gaze with is own.   He was curious how someone as young as she was could hold such a deep, and discerning gaze.  He thought about asking her her story, but she had beat him to it.    

“So tell me about yourself.  You come here often?  You said you knew Ethan and this was his club…  If memory serves.” 

Those questions, and mentioning Ethan it brought on a pang of guilt that caused James to break eye contact with Anya .  But he put on a laugh when he began to reply.  "I work... or worked here.  So it's fair to say I would come here a lot."   

James looked into his glass of Cherry cola, lightly swirled the liquid before taking a long drink from it.   He pondered his response to how he got there.  He could always read his patrons, and would make up some story about how he came to work there that he thought they would relate to.  Either running away from over bearing parents, or just being highly disobedient and coming to work as a host instead of going on to become a doctor or lawyer or something.  However when he looked into Anya's eyes, he didn't get anything for how to proceed.  He didn't know what sort of story to tell or make up.  So he just settled on the truth.

"How I got here, well..." 

As James spoke Marcus rolled his eyes preparing for another tale, the old man wondered what mish mash of a story he'd hear this time.

"The truth is,  I was an orphan. My parents died when I was fairly young, I don't even remember them... really.  I ran away from that place, I couldn't bear the treatment foolishly thought I deserved better.  I didn't think about what I was doing though, I didn't prepare. One day I went out to do errands for the matron... and just didn't come back.  I ran smack into Eli, quite literally."

James laughed at the memory, and the old bar man stopped what he was doing. Puttind down the glass he was cleaning and actually was listening to what James was saying.   He'd never seen James's body language, or vocal fluxuations sound this way when talking about how he came to work at the establishment.  The old man knew this was the truth... and suddenly a lot about James made sense to the old man. 

"He gave me this huge annoyed rant about watching where I was going, and being careful who I run into.  Also about needed to have respect for people, and my elders and such.  I thought he sounded like such an old man even though I could tell he wasn't that much older than I was. He infuriated me. But, he took pitty on me as well.  He offered me a job, and a place to stay here.  Thats what he does.  EVERY last one of the employees here are or were people that were down on their luck.   Each and every one he offered a job to, he offered a room to.  Each room is set with a bed, small kitchen, the essentials basically.  It wasn't much but I would have been even dumber than I look to have turned him down.  When I turned 18, he saw my potential and allowed me to be a host here.  I grew close to Ethan.  He, treated me like blood, like his own little brother.  Then I got foolish, I fell for a regular here.  But she died suddenly, and I left... thought I'd go see the world." 

James looked into his empty glass, and let out a sad sigh.  He didn't even have to ask for another before Marcus slid another drink in its place. The black haired young man stared into the golden liquid, he never stopped being amazed at how well Marcus could read people and knew what they wanted and needed with out the even speaking a word sometimes.   James took a sip of his whiskey before continuing.

"I... Only ever made it to Japan.  Found out there I have a problem with gambling and I don't know when to stop. It cost me more than just the money I had for traveling though."  James flashed up his left hand, that only had four fingers on it, an empty space where his pinky once was. "... but leaving cost me even more.  I wasn't there for Ethan, when things got tough.  I wasn't there to celebrate when things finally went right for him.  I couldn't share his happiness in finding a woman who loved him for who he was.  I couldn't share the excitement he must of had in finally being able to have a real relationship with his son.  I... I wasn't even there to say goodbye."  

The young man could feel the tears welling up in the corners of his eyes, and he could hear the sound of his own voice begin to break.  He gave a light shake of his head, and downed the rest of the whiskey Marcus had just brought him.  Returning his gaze back onto Anya.  

"I'm sorry about that, didn't mean to get so dark.  Dunno where that even just spilled out from...  We can, uh, change topics here... how about you tell me something about yourself?"  

Report Post Tip

Detroit... oh Detroit where the young and the frisky flee to, the motor natzis frequent, though quite than normal from the conversation earlier with the dealer on 12th, never the less profits boomed here on a frequent. Requiring something to ahem take my palet advised of the vast array of unique tastes Chopper club had to offer.

Upon entering the establishment an Emerald eyed gent behind the bar caught my attention,  an older gentleman, aged like fine wine, smooth and delicious. Slinking myself onto the barstool a smirk playing on my lips 

"Hello Sir... what do you recommend to cleanse a palette?" nipping my lower lip whilst cocking a brow

"Names Marcus Miss... Depends,  how heavy of a drinker you are, how messy you want to become" he seemed playful yet cocky... delicious. 

"The night is young, my pockets are full and I needa let my hair down...Cherry cola with a splash of whiskey perhaps?"

On queue a sweet face approaches to the side of me strutting her stuff making herself known as the sweet perfume hit my nostrils before she did.

"Hey suga I overheard you were lookin to let your hair down  maybe I could assist with that names Lilly?" Her nails dragged along my forearm, can't deny it... she looked divine, sultry and sweet... hmm this could be fun.

"Pleasure to meet you Lilly..." is what I wanted to say. What came out was "maybe I oughta lay you down and ravish in you for the evening hmm?" holy crap.  FREY calm down... its only been a couple weeks.. and your sober what the hell?

Lilly whilst momentarily taken back quipped  back just as quickly 

"you'd be the highlight of my evening Suga, what's the name?"

"Freyja.."

Marcus cleared his throat stifling a chuckle "Cherry cola with whiskey hold the Cherry cola... cos you're gunna need something stronger than that lollipop soda"

"Ha, I see she a handful? I mean... she looks to be a lil over a handful but nothing I couldn't manage"Taking a sip of the whiskey waggling my eyebrows. Oh this evening was going to fun...

Report Post Tip

Detroit!  Now this was a city full of fun and adventure.  This was a fact that was becoming more apparent as the days went on.  But it was most vividly so for two small mobsters of a very odd variety.  So one might be more apt to call them pets...  But were they truly?  They wandered where they wished with no leashes to call their own...  Or so they figured.  In any case, today the adventurous young vulpines found themselves on the streets of Detroit once more.  At first glance, this was a very strange site to see indeed!  Foxes wandering along the city streets with no worry about the vehicles and people milling about them?  Curious...  But those in the know knew that this wasn't so odd after all...  In many cities, these two were at least known of.  Mainly because of their mother, but even by their own right.

The two of them wandered down the streets until the slightly larger of the two paused, nose lifted and sniffing.  An inquiring glance was given him by his twin at his side but soon she smelled it too...  Familiarity...  Familiarity linked with a decent dose of pain and loss.  But mostly familiarity.  They knew this place that they now found themselves outside of.  Tails flicking and joyful yips uttered, the two foxes moved as one and bounded through the previously open door just before it shut behind the previous patron.  Pausing just inside the door, the two foxes continued to sniff as they assessed the place.  Vivian... Anya...  Ethan...  James...  These faces and more arose in their mind as they crossed into this space.  

Fairly oblivious to the goings on around them, the two foxes weaved their way through the establishment.  Little Man moved with a tad more purpose than Lovely as he seemed to be searching for something in particular.  A few odd glances were sent their way but most either were aware of the presence of the foxes, didn't really care, or perhaps were amused or pleased to see the pair still around even after all that had happened lately.  Occasionally a Host would reach down to give them a quick pet as news of their presence had passed quickly through the club and lingered still.  There wasn't a Host here that wasn't at least aware of them.  

Just then something caught Little Man's attention and he jetted off toward the back of the club.  Lovely's ears flicked forward as she watched her brother dash off, but she didn't seem phased.  She simply shook her head and continued her more leisure path through the club.  Sniffing as she went and accepting a few more pets from Host and Patron alike, she made her way around just exploring this place anew.  Just then a loud but joyful screech cut the din of conversation in the Club.  And within moments, a flurry of red, black, and white fur was seen as the well known mascot of the club had been reunited with her best fur buddy.  Patches and Little Man played recklessly and heedlessly through the packed club.  Bumping into legs, and running headlong through the room.  Patches whirled around and batted at the fox before leaping nimbly up onto the bar top.  Followed closely by Little Man, the two of them ran across the top of the bar earning yells of surprise and shock and maybe some amusement even as drinks went flying.  

"What in the- Patches what has gotten into you-"  Marcus started in on the cat just a little before he saw Little Man and laughed, shaking his head a bit.  "Watch your drinks, the tornado is in town."  Even if the man tried to sound gruff, one could easily detect the ill hidden fondness that the man had for the animals that ended up in the Club.  At least these three.  "You two, take it somewhere else."  Once again trying and failing to sound firm, Patches and Little Man tore out of the main club room as if the hounds of hell were on their tails.  Marcus simply chuckled and shook his head a little before going about his business.  He was rather relieved to see at least one of the two alive and well still.  But one would bet he'd keep an eye out for the other that was sure to be nearby.

Speaking of the other fox, she had taken refuge under a chair as her brother tore through.  Not really scared but getting to a spot that she could keep a bit more of an eye on him.  Yup...  He had found Patches.  Lovely tended to stay a bit more quiet, though she'd enjoy a tussle every now and then.  But once the other two were gone for the moment, she moved out again and began to move through the patrons until her careful picking through the crowd ran out.  She bumped firmly into the leg of Freyja .  Wrinkling her nose in some confusion, she shook her head with a soft sneeze.  But looking up, she recognized this woman quite fondly.  Without hesitation, she let out a soft yip before bumping her leg again, this time with purpose and greeting.  

Report Post Tip

Pete had been in the car driven around the city of Detroit for a hours attending meeting after meeting and he wanted to unwind.  Pete had one more sit down to attend to keep the peace.  Abe from the Purple Gang wanted to chat.  Pete agreed to me at The Chopper Club because they had good music and excellent food.  He knew he could also wet his beak with quality liqour.  Pete had his driver pull around to the back.  Whispers was in the trailing car with Robert.  Pete was with Neil, Thomas and Joe Joe as the driver.  The men exited the cars and went inside.

Abe arrived within Five minutes and sat with Pete.  He started by saying the Detorit Combination was welching on the agreed deal and that they needed him to speak with them and honor the terms or watch blood flow and his business with both sides suffer.  Pete nodded and promised that he would speak again with them both in two days in the purple gangs territory.  However if they dont return after the meeting the gang will face a lot so much that they may not survive.  Abe understood then said they came to him because of Myer.  Pete then expained that he took the meeting because of Myer and Benny.  Abe started to laugh because him and Benny were old friends and Benny could nag you or beat you into agreeing with him.  

Pete then asked Abs to break bread with him and Abe agreed. Pete ordered two steak dinners with wine.  Then the two men laugh and talked about new businesses and Benny as a youth.  

Report Post Tip

Tearing her focus away from the deviantly delicious Lilly to a flurry of furr rolling across the floor her brow rose glancing at Marcus in question, unfazed by the cat let alone not one but two foxes, sniffing her drink questioning wondering if it had been spiked grimacing towards Lilly slightly suspecting while she was distracted of the possibility...

Shaking her head, she shrugged her shoulders knocking back the remainder of her drink till she felt a thud bump into her legs, peering down over her shoulder to see a smaller meeker fox with human like eyes, a soft smile played on her lips, reaching down rubbing the lil one behind her ears.

"Hello sweetheart... want some jerky?" she spoke softly cooing

Report Post Tip

Ears perked up as she focused all her attention to the woman before her.  Even with her attention focused thus, occasionally one of her ears would flick backward, a small act that betrayed her attention to what was going on around her, namely keeping tabs on her brother as well as she could from this room.  But her focus at the moment was the woman before her, who she recognized as her own from the smells around their HQ.  Yapping softly, there was a lilt of inquiry as to the slight confused look on the woman's face before she had properly gotten her attention.  But naturally a fox was one of little words, so this was not likely known by all parties.

In any case the small fox would hop up onto the bar stool beside Freyja.  An inquiring glance would be cast to her companion as well, and this was earned by at least a ginger pet.  Not everyone cared for foxes, but not many could deny how cute they were when they weren't trying to bite and give you rabies.  It was abundantly clear that Lovely here was no wild fox.  No, she hadn't been a wild fox her whole short life.  But quickly she refocused upon Freyja again as her voice met her ears so sweetly.  She liked her voice, it intrigued her.  She would hop boldly right up onto the bar top.  Jerky.  Now that was a word she knew well!  Her nose twitched enthusiastically as she nosed Freyja's hands searching for such a treat.  She had to find it before Little Man and Patches heard the word!

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Chopper Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL