Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 14:22:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
The Chopper Club Started by: Eee on Nov 07, '20 05:17

Jesse closed his blue eyes, and ran his fingers through his blonde hair.  He leaned in as he started speaking, "Frey, you misunderstand one key thing here.  My looks, nor how I even view my looks, does not dictate or reflect my work ethic.  I don't know if you're someone I can rely on, or trust to complete a job just by looking at you, any more than I can that guy reading the paper across the bar." 

Yet, as he spoke he couldn't help by smile in slight amusement which caused his saphirre eyes to sparkle like jewels. His index finger mindlessly circled around the top of his newer tumbler of bourbon.

"You call me magnificent, and not more than a few moments later ask me about why I'm called Goldbrick?  It humors me.  Why I'm called it, hardly paints me as magnificent.  I have shit to hide, easier to just tell the damn truth than hide shit.  Spending time and energy remembering what you've said to whom.  It's exhausting." 

As he was about to go on to explain the meaning of his nickname, the petite vulpine jumped into the bench next to Freyja . Upon seeing Lovely, his eyes and whole demenour softened as a smile spread across his face of pure happiness.  It only took a quick glimpse of the emerald collar to tell Jesse who had just joined them at the table. 

"I know this fox..." James softly spoke.  He leaned down, so his head was closer to being level with the AzeriBikiak . As he continued, his voice was filled with fondness he felt towards the fox, "Hey there Little One.  How're you holding up? They taking care of you?  Big brother Jesse doesn't need to go rough up some more people does he?" 

The young man didn't have any jerky, infact he didn't even have a clue that it was a favorite snack of the the twins.  But he did pull off a crispier piece of the pepperoni that was on the pizza and handed it to Lovely before giving her a few scratches behind her ears.

"I saved her from a couple of idiot thugs who planned on trying to sell her to a furrier.   Had to knock some sense into the idiots.  Fools couldn't see, or didn't bother to think about the collar around her neck. What'd you say her name was, Lovely?  Perfectly fitting name, describes her to a tee. Doesn't it Lovely?  Probably the best thing I did before leaving New York, at least to this one I'm not a Goldbrick." 

Jesse leaned back after giving the little vixen a final few scratches.  His hand returned to the tumbler, lifting the glass to his nose enjoying the aroma before tipping some between his lips. His eyes slowly moved up Freyja's body, pausing for only the briefest of moments to admire the view the woman across from him freely showed, before finally locking back on her hazel gems.

"Which reminds me... Goldbrick.  You know what one is, slang wise anyways.  It's a regular brick pained up to be gold, then sold off to those foolish enough to buy them as the real thing. Something that appears valuable, but in reality is worthless.  When you're talking about a person, and calling them a Goldbrick, you're talking about a person who shirks their duties, and promises.  I did that a lot in my youth, thought I was clever.  Thought I was getting away with getting things for free.  I mean if the baker wanted to give me a sweetroll, before I did the work I promised to, that was his own damn fault.   He doesn't give people the baked goods before they pay, why should work be any different than money.  But, everyone acted like the baker.  Soon that just became my reputation, I made promises that I never kept.  Little more than a low class thief.  Then after a while, they just started calling me Goldbrick, I became the living embodiment of 'Something that promises to be valuable, but in reality is worthless'."

A sigh escaped his lips, as his head touched the back of the booth's bench, and his eyes focused on the ceiling.  Silently he pulled out a cigarette, and slid it between his lips.  He then pulled out his Bettini lighter, a unique lift-arm design that was an advertising model for General Electric.  The case was a blue, as deep as his eyes, with the company's logo done with silver embossing in the center.  He inhaled deeply on his now light cigarette, blowing the smoke out his nose.

"Got this lighter that way too... A promise I never kept.  Ya know, it took my mom calling me Goldbrick to make it really hit what a disappointment, joke, that I'd become.  Even my mom was disappointed and thought I was joke.  Lady luck didn't help in me turning myself around. I tried, so damn hard to make things right.  But, it's like even Life itself was in on the joke.  I'd fight to get odd jobs here or there, and when I tried to pull through, when I REALLY wanted to pull through.  Car would break down, a train stopped on some tracks, car accident blocking traffic, or I stop and help a kid get his balloon down from a tree.  Didn't matter the reasons why I was late to show, to them it was just me shirking my duties again. There's no wiggle room, when people don't expect you to show up.  I needed to be early.  Reasons why I wasn't on time didn't matter.  So I had to leave, I need a fresh start.  Following Corky, just seemed like best strategy. Maybe I can impress Puzzeled enough to make it into his family.  I don't expect to become his right hand or anything, I just want a chance to prove I'm better than what I was."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nose never ceasing it's movement, Lovely investigated the happenings at this table.  The smells here were very familiar to her as were many of the people.  Moving in quietly to take up her own seat at the table, she engaged in happy cuddles with Freyja.  She would sit up politely, being the lady that she was.  Nosing her hands and giving a soft murr to express her own pleasure in seeing the woman.  Ears pricked forward, it was clear that Lovely was quite engaged in the moment.  Her attention was quickly diverted to Jesse and her lips spread back in what could only be described as a grin.  A soft series of yips leapt from her, seeming almost as a delighted giggle from a child.  Oh yes, she knew this young man before her.  She had only met him a pawful of times, but she knew him.  He had a gold heart and certainly was not a gold brick as far as she was concerned.  

As his face came down to her level, she leaned forward and boldly placed a small lick upon the tip of his nose.  And as his words came forth in the form of a question, Lovely would give a light yap in response.  Her body language would tell a bit more.  It was clear that she still favored that hind leg with the way she seated herself, but all in all no worse for the wear after that night.  She still moved about freely and unhindered by her mostly healed injury.  It was just a wonderful thing that they hadn't hit a little more centered or she may have been lamed.  Foxes were a little more fragile than humans that way, but then again what fox usually had a chance at all against a gunshot?  Left alone in the wild, it was highly likely that the small fox wouldn't have made it even from the graze she had received.  But having connections seemed to pay off handsomely for this little vulpine as she was healing up nicely and back to her own adventures.  Nose twitching a little as a new treat was held out to her.  Peperoni...  Well she wasn't a stranger to treats, but this wasn't jerky...  Although it smelled enticing...  The spices of the meat only enhancing the scent and inviting her to take a nibble.  Very carefully she plucked the offering from his fingers showing more easy going poise than her brother typically did.  It came fairly natural to the more cautious twin.  But as soon as it hit her tongue, those eyes lit up and tail flicked a bit in a delighted pleasure of her own.  It was delicious!  Licking her lips once she had devoured it, she nosed the table lightly.  But she would be polite.  

After enjoying the scritches, the furred critter picked her way over and crawled right up into Jesse's lap, curling up contentedly in the small space between his legs and the table.  Bold, sure, definitely not fox like...  Then again who ever got close enough to a fox to see what was truly fox like?  

A crash drew her attention as Little Man catapulted off an empty bar stool, sending it to the ground.  Luckily it was at the edge of the bar where no one currently sat, but one could imagine it drew the attention of those around.  Some with amusement, and some with alarm...  Marcus' voice rang out in a slightly frustrated manner, banishing the two rambunctious fuzzballs before righting the barstool grumbling slightly.  Lovely watched on from her vantage point but didn't move for now.  Little Man was fine and she'd catch up with him later.  For now she was enjoying the laid back nature of the visit.  Besides, Patches would keep him company.  

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Genesis was finished doing business and ready to head home. As he was walking the streets he felt the sudden need of a good drink. He saw The Chopper Club along his travels. It was close to his motel room so he decided to pay a visit. He headed for the entrance and walked inside to lively crowd. It was a feel good atmosphere. 

He made his way toward the bar and sat down at the counter. He reached inside his right pocket and grabbed his cigarettes. He took a match and lit the cigarette. Gen took a drag while waiting for the barkeep. Moments pass and the barkeep makes his way for Genesis and asks for his order.

"I will have a glass of Johnnie Walker, please."

They nodded and got his drink ready. They grabbed a clean glass and half full bottle of whiskey. They pour a glass and hand it to Genesis. He thanks them and takes a swig.

Business had brought Jesse back to Detroit, and for him that meant he had only one place in mind to stay and that was the Chopper Club.  It was the closest thing to home he had int he motor city.  The young man pulled open the door to the establishment, and barely had a chance to breathe in the atmosphere before the petite blonde server, Daisy had her arms tightly around his waiste.

"JESSE! I was wondering when I'd see you again."  A smile spread across her bright face. 

Jesse returned the smile, "Daisy... it's good to see you toooooo"

Before he could even finish his greeting to Daisy, the ever fiesty Lilly came strolling up to him and spinning him around.

"Sorry Dais, I got business with this one." Short brief sentence was all that was said before she dragged Jesse by the collar of his shirt. He gave Daisy a slightly apologetic shrug before Lilly tossed him into a booth.  "Jess,  where the hell's Frey been?"

Jesse shook his head, and blinked a few times in confusion. "Why the hell would I know?"

"Aint you two... I mean, she talk about the stuff you two done?" A confused reply came from Lilly.

"We've done a few jobs, fucked a few times.  She ain't about to get tied down anymore than I am.  What the hell is all this about Lil?" Jesse asked with a little authority mixed in with his confusion. 

"Well, she ain't been by here in a long while. Has me concerned is all..."  Lilly looked away, to avoid looking having to see any expression that may follow.

His eyes rolled in the back of his head, as his arms crossed.  Jesse took a deep breath and sighed. "Do you even pay attention to what is going on around you?  You know she's la costa nostra.  You had to have seen news headlines of her leader taking out the previous godfather and taking the position for himself.  In that he'd allowed her to set up her own business.   The woman has been busy.  Your favorite customer will be back around, just be patient."   Jesse stood up as he finished talking, then placed one of his hands over hers on the table.   He gave her a small smile before he planned to catch up with Daisy. 

"Jesse!" A voice called that the blonde knew, but didn't speak to very much. "Mr. Bakker.  Mind if I have a word in my office with you?" 

"Sure Joesph."  He agreed and followed the club's manager. This visit just kpet getting stranger by the minute.  Ambushed by by a girl he'd had one date with. Lilly showing genuine concern.  Now the club's manager wanted to speak to him?  He scrached his head and took a seat behind across from Joesph. "What is this all about?"

"Look Jesse, I'm gonna get straight to the point.  I am no business man, not like you are.   I am doing my best, but I'd rather be back out there. I miss doing the host gig... and getting along with my co-workers.  I don't have that... whatever it is people like you have.  C'mon tell me you'll do it?" 

"What?"  Jesse blurted out.  "I am a Las Angeles business man, what logic could you have in choosing me?" 

"THEY like you, respect you. Look at how you dealt with Lilly, I'd have been a jerk.  Daisy... even old man Marcus."  Joey replied, as if this was all obvious. 

Jesse's had went up to the back of his head, and scratched.  "I guess so... and having a reason to be around Detroit more isn't a bad idea."

Joseph hadn't been so happy to be relieved of a job in his life.  After about an hour of discussions, paper signing, and getting the keys to the top suite, Jesse was sent on his way.  To once again be immediately bombarded by Daisy who linked her arm into his. 

"What did Joey want with you for so long?" She inquired. 

"Well.  To take over the club so he can go back to being a host." Jesse was honest with her.

Daisy laughed. "Thank goodness, he's a terrible boss." 

"Dais.  I'm not going to be able to do it alone.  I can't be around all the time.  Would you be willing to run things when I cant be around in Detroit?"

'Jesse!  Of course.  I studied business in school, I have definitely learned from Joey on how not to act."  Her face lit up with joy. 

"There is going to be one major caveat to this offer, and that is that this..." He mentioned to how she was with his. "It cannot continue. I will not have anyone thinking you got this because of any special relationship going on.  Agreed?" 

She looked at him, with a sad look in her eyes and stepped back, pulling her arm away from his.  She knew this is what was best, she knew they kind of man Jesse was.  The idea of ending something before it began or was even given a chance still mad her sad.   She didn't say a word to him, she just nodded and extended him her hand. 

Report Post Tip

MidpoinT with a stupid ass grin on his face from the excitement of heading out tonight for some fun hopefully. Looks at himself in the mirror  most days he would never do this. Midz just not the type plus he always just wants to punch his own face, sadly he cannot. Giving himself a once over making sure he does not look as disheveled as he normally does because tonight he is going out to swing by a place he had hoped to stop at his past few times in the Motor City but never got the chance.  He made sure to fit it in his schedule on this trip. Grabbing his jacket off the wooden rack in the corner sliding each arm in like the sleeves are gonna run away if he goes to fast and they spook like wild game. Finally he reaches down and picks his hat up off the chair he had set it on. Wanting to feel coo l he tries giving it a flip in the air catching it and putting it on. Looking at himself in the mirror he just says "You fucking tool." letting out a slight sigh he stands up straight and exits the little apartment he rents for himself in Detroit.

Tonight it wasn't his normal stroll around the city on foot just enjoying himself and interacting with people who live there. Tonight MidpoinT has a car waiting for him outside. As the doorman opens the door to the building for him Mid slides him a nice tip. "It is always good to keep the people who really work every day for a living happy. You never know when they will help you out." thinking to himself as he hands the man a few bills. The doorman thanks Mid all the while smiling. Without slowing much MidpoinT takes another few steps as his driver is opening the car door for him to enter. No matter how much he does this he just cant get used to people serving him like this. It is why he walks most the time by himself when he visits the other cities on business. Looking up at the driver after he gets into the driver seat Mid says "We going to the Chopper Club. We gonna get some expensive hookers tonight, you in?" The driver just laughs most likely assuming that MidpoinT is just fucking with him, but he was so serious. Why would he make his driver wait all night when he has plenty of money to let him enjoy himself too.

Pulling up at the front of the building and slowly coming to a stop the driver lets himself out the car and makes his way around the car, but Mid being Mid he had already opened his own door and stepped out nodding to the driver as he surveyed his surroundings a bit. The driver closes the door and starts to walk away as Mid motions for him to come back. Places a roll of bills in his hand the driver looks stunned. 

"I told you we are, not just me. So you go park the fucking car and get your ass in there too. I dont care what you do, but when I say its time to go we go. So  you best keep your sense about. Do you understand?" staring at the driver the driver just nods in agreement before returning to the driver seat and pulling away. Mid makes his way to the entrance excited to see what kind of night awaits him.

Report Post Tip

It had been awhile since she had visited The Chopper Club since her last encounter  and catch up with handsome Jesse and the delicious Lilly...from being a frequent "flyer" to MIA. After setting up in Corktown beside Godfather CLO, she felt the need to visit perhaps even spend a night.

As she waved off the guards sedan  rolling her eyes, shrugging off her jacket  as she walked the streets to clear her head, truth be told she never expected to have a crew of her own.  Yet CLO saw something in her she never did, having to manage a group of gangsters and thugs navigating through this life on a whim was something she enjoyed, the excitement,  the uncertainty, the drive, was intoxicating. However she really needed to let her hair down after the crew siphoned her alcohol supply.

Lost in her train of thought her boots echoed hitting the pavement sent her into a trance, before long she found her feet on the front mat of the Chopper Club, adjusting her outfit from her phantom purple blouse to her pencil skirt before pushing the door open, a smile formed on her lips not quite reaching her eyes.

Glancing around to see who was on shift her eyes fell on Goldbrick and the waitress Daisy as if they were having a serious conversation, looking pained.

Clearing her throat she attempted to sneak in giving Marcus a nod and smile

Report Post Tip

"Daisy, you're amazing! Thank you."  Jesse thought for a moment about going in and giving the tiny blonde woman a hug, when he took notice of the hand reaching out to him.  He took her hand and while gentle firmly shook it.  His voice was somber when he spoke again. "It's for the best you know.  I'm no good for you." 

Daisy turned away from Jesse, hurt. She knew he was right, she could tell in Chicago that there was something missing in Jesse.  She still liked him, and enjoyed her time with him, and it hurt her that he was so easily willing to give it up.  She just nodded.  The two stood there, in what Jesse could only describe as an uncomfortable silence.   When Freyja entered the club, Jesse was too wound up in what was going on with Daisy, he didn't bother to look to see who came in the door.  But in the uncomfortable silence that, when Jesse felt like ever sense was heightened, he could make out the sound of Freyja clearing her throat.  He couldn't even tell you why he knew it was her, he just did. 

"Daisy, I gotta go. I have business with Freyja, and I don't want to keep her waiting."  Jesse spoke, his voice quickened.  He was excited to see one of the few people in this life he would honestly call his friend, but he was utterly grateful for the chance to get away from the situation he was in.                                          

Daisy just stood silently and nodded. She knew he had no planned business with the woman, and she figured he was just going to drink before taking that woman to a room. A thought that cut deeply, she hated that jealousy could cause so much pain. 

Jesse reached out, placing his hand to the woman's shoulder.  "For what it's worth, I'm sorry.  I wish I was different..." 

He let go of he shoulder and didn't look back.  On his way to the bar, he grabbed a whiskey off the tray of one of the servers. Much to their dismay. 

"JESSE BAKKER!" 

The young man flashed a smile, and said with a wink. "Be nice... I'm the boss now, and I need this drink.  Marcus will get you a new one." 

Drink in hand, Jesse slid in next to Freya, his back to the bar as he faced her.  He reached his arm over, and placed the whiskey down in front of her.   He took a good look at her, his eyes moving from her legs up to her face, pausing briefly to admire her chest. 

"Not even an hour into being the boss here, and I've already made one of my employees cry.  Not a very good start... eh Frey?" When he spoke he looked out over the club, it wasn't until he spoke her name that he finally met eyes with her. The smallest hint of a smile, mixed with a smirk passed his lips, "Good to see you Frey.  Ya look good to eat...."

Her brown quirked a smirk forming on her lips as her eyes trailed along the man's jaw line towards his eyes.

"Luckily I'm not on the menu hmm?"  a chuckled formed in her throat as she looped her arm grabbing her drink Marcus had without word pored, he knew exactly how she liked it.

"Looks like you were in a lil but of a tough conversation early... all ok sweet?"

her shoulders dropped as she visibly relaxes smiling warmly slinking herself onto the bar stool  her free hand resting on Jesse's shoulder, unsure where to start since it had been some weeks since she had last visited, sipping on her whiskey with a mischievous smile hearing Lilly in the distance chatting to a client, the woman knew how to get those decent chunks of change, par the reason she had a soft spot for her.

Her eyes tore away from Goldbrick searching for Daisy, ensuring she was ok, her brow creased slightly curious of what had happened, turning her focuses back to Jesse looking slightly displeased "Jesse..." grabbing his whiskey placing it on the bar top, leaning in closer to him, her brow cocked with a hint of amusement.

"Not on the menu?  Uh, well that makes this day infinitely worse."   Jesse smirked and lightly chuckled to himself. 

He took a sip of the whiskey Marcus had handed him, the old man knew his poison without even needing to be asked for the drink.  Jesse admired that about the old man, and marveled at how he kept locked away in his memory everyone's choice of drink.  Jesse rolled his eyes and sighed at Freyja asking him about the conversation he had been in when she arrived. 

"Eh, you could say it was a tough conversation I guess..." He said, half heartedly as he once again took a sip from his drink. 

His brow creased in response to Freyja speaking his name, and giving him a disappointed look But it wasn't until she grabbed his drink that he gave any verbal response.  "WHAT?!" He exclaimed, knowing damn well she was asking what he'd said to Daisy to make the normally calm and happy looking woman look utterly broken and sad.   His hand reached up back behind his head and scratched. 

"Fine..." he finally grumbled out. "I ran into her not too long ago in Chicago.  We had a bit of an impromptu date.   She obviously had a crush on me while I was mostly curious just how 'innocent' she was.  No, I didn't find out. I played the nice guy.  Believe it or not."  Jesse paused for a moment, sighing. "That was probably my mistake.  Shes been looking for, uh... more.  More than I can give.  I wouldn't know how to be what a woman needs if I read a damn manual." 

His crystilne eyes looked across the bar, and seeing the sadness on Daisy's face brought a frown to his face. "Joseph asked me to take over running the bar so he could go be a host again.  I agreed, cause... well, it gave me a reason to be in Detroit more.  And you know, cause... uh... Lilly's a goodtime."  Jesse coughed, looking away from Freyja for a moment. "Since I can't be around all the time, I asked Daisy to look over things while I can't be around.  I know she's smart, seen how good she is with the people.  She's the perfect person for the job. I just told her the job came with the caveat that she and I couldn't be a thing.  I don't want her to deal with the pressure of everyone saying she got the job due to fucking me.... just as much as I don't need someone else to disappoint." 

He coughed, and tilted his head so he was looking back at the woman next to him. "Can I have my drink back?" 

Report Post Tip

Tilting her head as she listened on withholding a smile as he huffed and groaned in slight annoyance, rotating her ankle swaying her legs lightly, softly sighing as she ran her nails down his arm whilst he looked over shoulder at Daisy, seeing the sign of guilt on his face, trying to reassure him till he spoke once more.
This time mentioning hecwas taking over the club, this caused Freyja to smirk, feeling a little giddy knocking back to remainder of her drink raising three fingers towards Marcus without taking her eyes off Goldbrick.
"I think you done the right thing... though, You sorta severed that cord with Daisy before you even gave her a chance, I know you ain't looking for something serious but you didn't really give her a choice regarding role or... the possibility of you two..." pausing momentarily between the last few words trying to sound mutual.

"Though having you here in Detroit isn't a bad thing I get to gawk at you bar side while you are all suited business like hubba hubba" elbowing him playfully before handing back his drink.
"You're a good egg Jesse though you don't see it... you ain't disappointed anyone."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

"Aint dissappointed anyone?" Jesse repeated her words back to her. "You forget why I left New York in the first place.  Why they had a second second kid... raisn' her like I don't exist."  

His voice slowly devolved into something a little more than a whisper as he grabbed his glass, downing it in a single gulp.  Setting the glass back down he rubs his hand over his face, exhaling in a quiet sigh. 

"I know I did the right thing with Daisy.  She deserves better than a guy like me.  Just like you would if you were looking for the same things she was..." He paused for a moment. Weight of his words landed on him as quickly as he spoke them.  He tilted his head back and looked towards Freyja out of the corners of his eyes. "But, at least you understand me..." 

He took one last glance over towards Daisy before he turned around so his back was out towards the bar area, his fingers reached around his newly filled glass as he nodded a thanks to Marcus.  His lips spread to a grin as his mind fell on the hubba hubba comment, and the fingers of his other hand reached up towards her shoulder mirroring her own previous actions and slowly down her arm.  

"So its the full suit that really gets ya going.  If I had known THAT, I'd have been wearing more than just shirt and tie all the time.   Kinda figured you enjoyed having less to remove.  Ya know, only slightly off topic, the top floor of this place is an apartment flat.  I haven't been up there yet..." He leaned in, his lips only a breath away from her skin, letting his voice drop into deep husky tones as  he whispered, "Care to join me?" 

Report Post Tip
Genesis exits the train station. As he wanders the streets of Detroit then had sudden need of a cold drink. He heads for  The chopper club and walks inside. He was a lively place, a warm atmosphere.

He walks toward the bar a takes a seat. As he motions for the barkeep he grabs a cigarette from his pocket and his lighter. A lights it and takes a drag.

"Can I have a glass of Johnnie Walker neat, please"

They nodded and got his drink ready. They grabbed a clean glass and half full bottle of whiskey. They pour a glass and hand it to Genesis. He thanks them and takes a swig.
Report Post Tip

The blood on his hands made the door to the Chopper Club slick and slippery, and it took several attempts for Jesse to get a grip strong enough to open it.  The exhaustion he was facing left him stumbling into the establishment looking either wounded or drunk.  He staggered in a bee-line toward the elevators that went up to his apartment.  He was in the middle of pressing the code that he would take him to a floor that didn’t appear as one of the choices on the floor listing.  Just as he was pushing the final button in the sequence to take him to his top floor flat, a tiny blonde rushed in the closing elevator doors. 

“Jesse!” Daisy screamed, reaching out but afraid to touch his blood-stained clothes. “W…what happened?  That can’t all be yours?” 

“None of it…” Jesse lied.  “My guest, has she arrived yet?” 

“A Francisca Bakker checked in to the establishment only a day ago with two guests.  Is she some relative of yours Jesse?”  Daisy asked, inquisitive of the more personal side of her employer's life. 

He was tired, and he hurt.  He didn’t have the energy to come up with a story or a lie.  “She’s my sister. I guess her guests are schoolmates she wants to show the big city to.  Give me an hour, and have my sister meet me down at the bar.”

Daisy gave him a nod and watched as Jesse slowly walked out of the elevator and onto his flat.  She watched as he stood in the foyer, paralyzed for a brief moment by the ghost of past tenants. At times he could imagine a man at the piano, other times a couple dancing at bar, and another of a man sitting on the couch learning he was going to be a father. He could never physically see these ghosts with his eyes, but he could feel the energy they left behind… and it froze him in his tracks. 

However, once he got his wits about him he headed straight for a shower, a deep need to try and not clean his physical body, but also his mind of the horrors he’d experienced. As he stood, hands pressed to the walls supporting him, he let the hot water wash over him.  He couldn’t help but wonder, would he leave his own imprint on this area?  What kind of energy would his ghost leave behind?  These were the thoughts that plagued his mind as his eyes focused on the swirling mix of water and blood going down the shower’s drain. 

For a moment he looked at himself in the mirror in his room, a few more inches, and the bullet that just grazed him could have very well killed him.  It was a thought he couldn’t let himself dwell on, he wasn’t dead and that’s all that mattered.  Had this been any other day, Jesse would have allowed himself to just pour some liquor onto the wound and walk around smelling like an alcoholic.  Seeing as he was meeting his sister, and who he was assuming were two of her college friends.  He cleaned and wrapped his wound more appropriately before getting dressed, saving the liquor for drink and pain management. 

Jesse’s entrance into his establishment didn’t go unnoticed by Franny, who quickly excused herself and hurried to talk with Daisy.  Their parents, completely oblivious to who the bloodied man was that walked in the door.  As their daughter got up, the couple sat and chatted about what could have happened to the man who came in the front door, mixed in with the excitement they both felt at meeting the man they thought was their daughter’s boyfriend.  He was described as a wealthy and powerful businessman, the perfect addition to their family. 

Jesse emerged from the elevator and walked up to his sister with a bright smile on his face. “FRANNY!” He exclaimed as he embraced her in a huge hug. “Ya look good sis! How’s law school going?  Showin’ them boys who’s the boss?!”

Franny jumped back, grabbed Jesse by his arms, and her eyes looked over her brother desperate to make sure he was alright. “Jess, I saw you come in.  Are you okay? My god man, you looked like you were wearing a butcher's apron.”

“I’m fine Franny. It wasn’t mine, there was an accident and I just helped out at the scene. Alright, I’m fine.  Now come one…” Jesse said as he tossed his arm around his sister's shoulder, “Let's go meet these friends of yours hmm? Lilly says, you arrived with two others.” 

“Yeah Jesse, about that…” She wormed her way out from under his arm. “The two people with me are mom and dad. I need you to see you’re wrong about them.”

His eyes closed and his head rolled along with his eyes behind closed eyelids. “What’d you do that for?  They’ve denied me every time I have tried to go home.  They aren’t going to have changed at all.  I hope I’m wrong Franny…” There was a distinct sadness to his voice as he verbally prayed that he was wrong about his family. 

He took a deep breath,  glad he chose to dress in his typical businessman manner. He stood up straight, kept his shoulders back, and walked with his hands behind his back. As he approached the table following his sister, he could hear his parents asking who the young man was with her. It took everything he had to not point out that they didn’t even recognize their own son.  This was something he needed Franny to realize for herself.

Franny laughed, “Come on, it’s Jesse!  I wanted you guys to see how successful he is!  He seems to think you guys think he’s some sort of bum, and a dishonor to the family.  I want him to know he’s wrong about what you think of him.”  

“FRANCISCA BAKKER!  What do you think you are doing? That… BOY… was disowned from this family for a reason.  You can put a dog in some fancy clothes, but it's still a flea-ridden dog.” Their father looked in utter disgust upon realizing the man behind his daughter was indeed his son.

“You couldn’t really think we’d have kept him away from you if we hadn’t… Oh sweetheart.” Their mother chimed in. 

Jesse took a step forward, nearly at her side, only standing slightly in front of her. It was his way of trying to shield her from their parent’s verbal onslaught, even if he knew it was foolish.  He knew his body couldn’t protect her from their words.   Yet Jesse stood tall, and proud.  He kept his hands behind his back, looking more like royalty or a military general than a businessman from the front.  It only took a glance behind him to realize that he was tightly clasping his wrist with his other hand, as a way to restrain himself. 

“Mother, Father.”  The man nodded to each respectively. “I will skip the false pleasantries about being happy to see you, as we both know that isn’t the case for any of us.  Save Franny, I always enjoy visiting with my sister.”  He turned and gave the young woman to his side a smile before continuing. “I do wish to remind you, that you are in my establishment, and I humbly request that you show the proper respect deserved to a Godfather’s sister.”

His parents looked at him in shock for a moment and then laughed, a clear sign of disrespect that brought nearly the entire bar silent.  Jesse could see the bodyguards he had stationed in different jobs at the Club tense and prepare for retaliation.  In reflex it caused Jesse to quickly bring his hand up as a sign for everyone to stand down.  As he calmly returned his hands to behind his back, the one bodyguard he had brought on to be a part-time host for information collecting came up to him.  The man was clearly the head of the small group that worked here. 

“Sir, is everything okay?” He asked his boss.

“Yeah, everything is fine Jeff.  These two sitting here, are my parents. They are not to be harmed, and protected as you would me while they are here.”   Jesse said in a calm and quiet, but commanding voice.  He stared down at his parents as he spoke, watching their disgust melt away to fear. 

“As you wish sir.” The man with the mousy brown hair said as he nodded in acknowledgment of his boss's orders. 

“You don’t read the papers, do you?  Never learned that the boy you cast out and said would never amount to anything now runs all of Pasadena and helps lead all of the Los Angeles crews.  You will show me, and my sister the respect we deserve and have earned.”  Jesse looked down, his voice held no warmth or coolness to it, he just spoke in what he saw as simple facts. “Now, there is no reason we cannot be civil adults and share a meal. “

With that Jesse stepped to the table his parents were sitting and pulled out a chair for his sister to sit on before he took a seat himself. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Chopper Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL