Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:33:44
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
horrible christmas gifts Started by: Coppa on Dec 30, '20 00:12

i want to have everyone post their gifts that they get every year from the same person that are the worst of the worst thought out or useless gifts ever.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

We normally do a dirty Santa party that didn't happen this year. There is an unspoken tradition (we're not sure who started it) that someone brings the most disgusting soda in the world. It is turkey and dressing flavored and it tastes worse than it sounds. (Yes, I have drank some on a dare). Now it pretty much becomes the booby prize for the person who loses out. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My family used to play this with the presents a very eccentric great-aunt of mine used to give, GRHS. I guarantee the presents she gave will not be believed by the vast majority of the people reading, but this is the gods honest truth.

Some of the presents we received over the years were: a broken weather vane, shelf brackets (but no shelf), 5 chicken wish bones, McEwans Export beer mats, used underwear, a kite with no string and my personal favourite - a present to my aunt; diet pills and cellulite cream.

I shit you not.

WOW. I could not imagine saying thank you with an "honest" expression to gifts like that. Crazy.

And drinking turkey flavored soda doesnt even sound appetizing by any means. Def a dare item for sure

Report Post Tip

I might have given one of these gifts before actually...

A few years back the other half had been complaining all year that we have crappy cutlery, and she wanted better cutlery. So for Christmas that year for one of her gifts I went and bought a nice fancy set of cutlery. It came in a wooden box, and it is still in that box at least three years later. I still haven't heard the end of that one... apparently cutlery is not a gift "It's just something you buy"

Report Post Tip

I didn’t get any gifts this year due to a last minute change in plans so I’d rather get bad gifts than nothing haha! :( Though to answer the question posed, I would always get a pair of pillow covers in a terrible plaid print from one of my aunts, which are always too big for any of my pillows. Last year was a nice poop brown color and the year before that, mustard and purple LA Lakers style.

Report Post Tip

LuBu- my GF of 4 years told me a story that her ex husband had bought her a vaccuum for christmas. everytime christmas comes around i always hear her bitch about it as well. so i can picture that. Note to self and other men= cutlery and vaccuums are not christmas presents

Kaya. def can relate to the same gift over and over again by the same person. its actually why I thought of the post. i get pictures every year and holiday from my mother. but  my great gram whos gone now, she always crochetted or however you fucking spell the knitting thing, always made slippers or hats or gloves. P.S not the best material for gloves or hats or even slippers for that matter. but glad i still got them now that she is gone

Report Post Tip

I didn't get any this year and didn't want any either, we thought it was best to jump it this year and instead had a great Christmas-meal without and gifts to us, we gave some to children in our family bu t that was all.

Report Post Tip

keeeping it SIMPLE. I would def like to do that one year. would make it less stressful for sure

Report Post Tip

ah, the famous Christmas Gift, cash is the best wouldn't ya think cuz then you can buy what you want..........my preference.

Report Post Tip

Getting clothes that are 3 times too big for you is a horrible gift. Funny! But horrible.

Report Post Tip

getting clothes period is a horrible gift lol. i actually like clothes now as an adult but when i was a kid if you got me clothes for christmas i was def putting on a fake face when i said thank you to that person. in my head i was thinking how dare them you are EVIL. pretty much sums it up. 

MONEY abso-Fucking-lutely is the BEST gift of all

Report Post Tip

Im not sure what I got for Christmas this year since I haven't been home jet, but hopefully its not to bad gifts waiting for me 

Report Post Tip

worst git would be getting nothing at all or a pack of gum 

Report Post Tip

There are a few gifts I dont enjoy getting like flower vases for one. Gotta go out and get flowers to make use of it and then you need to water them daily. Another thing I hate getting are photo frames. Why would you want to show off your photos all around the house. You are already present in your house, so cant they see you directly instead of looking at photos of yourself?

Report Post Tip

It's been years, but I'll never forget that one Christmas when my uncle gave my toddler son a tool kit from Sharper Image.

I put it aside, of course, planned on giving it to him about a decade later on down the line, but my son got into it before I did, and chiseled a lovely scratch into one of our TV screens with a drill bit. :/

I’ve personally never thought of any gift as horrible. Then again I’d be happy with an empty home made card. It’s the thought that counts. All gifts are good gifts. 

Report Post Tip

One of the worse Christmas gifts that I ever received, was when I was a kid I got A partridge in a pear tree. Not the best thing for a boy my age. It didn't even taste all that good. :(

Report Post Tip

Every year its the same thing, Lynx wash kits, deoderant and body wash. Now, i'm not a snob, i do use lynx on occasion, but theres only a couple i like, and its never ever been bought as a preaent. Its always the shit stanky assed ones :(

Report Post Tip

Would be horrible if you got like five of the same damn thing and it was impossible to return them.

Normally I'd say socks lol

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: horrible christmas gifts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL