Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:59:33
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Jail Etiquette Started by: Adebayor on Mar 20, '08 00:58
It's a cold evening, quiet and calm. The excitement of knocking over 7-11's and stealing old ladies purses came and went early along in your criminal career. Finding bums to shoot are damn near impossible as nobody seems to immigrate to this world, despite the fact that the economy seems to be booming, and you are wrestling with boredom.

As you stroll through the streets, you ignore the repetitive, half-witted speeches being uttered on the corners, meander past the dilapidated bars, and make your way downtown. What to do? What to do?

Lost in thought you pass near the city jail without taking much of it in, until...Wait! What's that? You double back a ways. It looks like a couple goons are breaking some of their comrades out of that jail! This could be fun!

You hurry quickly towards the scene, noticing that some of the goons attempting to break their well guarded friends from the big top, are getting nabbed by some of the cops and getting thrown in themselves.

Without pausing you...

A)Rush forward to break out the man that was just thrown in that had been attempting to break out his highly guarded friend.

OR

B)Rush forward to break out the highly guarded man that the previous man had failed to break.

Success! You just sprung someone from the slammer! This is much more interesting than your ordinary petty crime! It's been a few seconds and you're feeling quite proud about your latest success. Why not do another?

Springing forward you...

A)Head straight for the cell of another mafioso that had just been thrown in.

OR

B)Head straight for the cell of the guy with the most guards surrounding him.

Wow! This isn't too difficult. Who knew crime could be so enjoyable?

So...Which mobster are you? Are you Mobster A or Mobster B?

The fact of the matter is we live in a world where the almighty dollar is needed in order to spring our friends from the jails. Lots of cash goes into organizing these jailbreaks.

Now, with that being said, there is hardly anything more infuriating to me, than Mobster B. He hasn't contributed to this jailbreaking cause. He is nothing more than a vulture looking out for numero uno...which is ok to an extent. However, in our line of work, we must live by a code...a code of respect (or so I've been told many, many, many times in these here streets). The respectful thing is not to let those that spent their hard earned cash to organize this jailbreak rot, while you enjoy training your skill by busting out high ranked prisoners. Some respectful things to do are to:

A)Break those that get thrown in.

B)Break those with fewer guards and leave the others for those that contributed to the crackdown.

C)Politely ask one of those that has started said crackdown (It's not hard to find out who...look for those that have been thrown in the slammer, break them, then message them asking if they started the crackdown or if they know who did.) if you can partake in the breaking of higher guarded members.

As is, I am quite tired of watching my hard earned dough being spent on organizing a crackdown, failing on an attempt, and when I am finally broken out of jail, all the high guarded members have been busted. These three suggestions (above) aren't too difficult to follow through on, and while I realize this isn't a situation that ever will or (honestly) can be policed, I hope that this plea will resonate with some.
Report Post Tip
Holy shit. Words can't even describe how much I agree with this. For you younger Mafioso's LISTEN TO THIS. This is an excelent piece of advice, and I back it 100%. THANK YOU Adebayor for posting such a topic.
Report Post Tip
Pardon my shouting at certain moments and failing to at other opportune moments as well...clearly my tourette's kicked in. I see I still have some lessons to learn when it comes to speaking properly.
Report Post Tip
Wow I really don't know what to say here?? I can't belive it. That is the risk of a crackdown, people will hop on the bandwagon. I highly doubt there is anyone here that has not busted out someone with a shit load of guards when they didnt pay for the crackdown. I am gonna shut up now before I get way to freaking rude. All I can say is let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
Report Post Tip
You don't want to get busted out of jail.... don't get thrown in.

You do a crackdown, good for you. Have a fucking cookie. Feel good about yourself. I don't care. I'm not looking out for you, I'm looking out for me.

You want to bitch? Stop doing them. Hey look, noone's breaking you out of jail now.
Report Post Tip
I'm happy to cast said stone then Snake_Eyes.

If you want to subscribe to the "Two wrongs make a right" theory, be my guest. As I said, this can't be policed by any other means than someone doing the right thing.

However, god forbid I ever get my way regarding this, or my stones will turn into bullets...bullets that won't be hurled towards these "Mobster B" types, but rather shot from my pistol.
Report Post Tip
Thats exactly what I am saying Fin!! Why the fuck should anyone give a rats ass. Boohoo someone is breaking some people out, what the hell do you want your own private jail breaking party??
Report Post Tip
So, Ade, you're saying that from now on you're going to start shooting people who break you out of jail?

Wow. Fucking epic fail.
Report Post Tip
Ok just to clarify, you never broke out someone with high guards on a crackdown you did not pay for??

And are you saying your bullets might come my way??
Report Post Tip
The main point being....

-If it's not your crackdown, it would be nice to ask to JB the 20 Guards

-And even if there are 20 guards, and people don't care if you break them out, STILL breakout people who are locked up first.

Online users should be top priority for us to bust out of jail.
Report Post Tip
This is exactly what is wrong with this world. Lack of respect. If you don't care to do the right thing, then don't.

I'll pose this question to you...

If you both are looking out for number one, then why should anyone ever give two shits about the two of you? Want a promotion? Tough shit. You're looking out for yourself.

You see, we can either live in this world of respect that we preach about, or we can act like idiots. If we choose to act like idiots, I surely don't mind. I can think of my first disrespectful deed, matter of fact...I'd just need some time to oil my gun up first.
Report Post Tip
Are you me, Janitor?

Am I you?

Are we the same?

No?

Then don't dictate to me what MY fucking priorities are.

Your priorities != my priorities.
Report Post Tip
Define the "right thing" to me, Ade.

You're not my CL.

You're not even in my crew.

Why the fuck should I give two shits about you and what you want when it won't benefit me or my family?
Report Post Tip
Nice real nice!!! You know what is disrespectful telling others how they should act. Who the hella re you to say these same people are not breaking out people who are not asleep in the cells. Maybe they are you don't know. I break out people with sentences left first.

Oh and don't use hidden threats, you have something to say say it nice and clear!!
Report Post Tip
Why should you care what others think of you? Are you serious?

You represent not only yourself, but your family. If you care to parade around, disrespecting anyone you come in contact with, you make yourself look foolish, as well as your leader.

As I said, you can choose your own path...the respectful one or the disrespectful one. When it comes to jail etiquette, I believe I've spelled out what I believe to be respectful, and should you choose not to follow that, that's your choice. As I said, this can't be policed by anything more than someone's own morals. Haven't got those? I'm ok with that. I'll be happy just to jot your name down in my little notepad in the meantime.
Report Post Tip
Your notepad hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You know what looks good for a family?? Whiners!!
Report Post Tip
So even though I'm not in your family, you're not my CL, I have absolutely nothing to do with you, I have to live my life exactly the way you tell me to or you'll shoot me?

Is that right?
Report Post Tip
Thats how it looks to me, I mean if I listened to this right he hi oiling up his gun for me..... I hope its not what I am thinking!
Report Post Tip
Ah, the old whining argument. Nevermind, I'm sure the dead horse doesn't mind a good beating. It is dead afterall. Your originality stuns me, sir. Might I persuade you into trying the "crying into a bowl of cereal" argument next?

I've clearly laid out my thoughts, and if you want to label it as "whining" because your ideology differs from mine, that's your call.

As for "hidden messages", I speak forthright. I've laid out what I'd like, knowing well that I don't get everything I'd like. However, to be more clear, if I did get what I liked, everytime I saw someone such as yourself make an ass out of themselves and disrespect someone for their thoughts, I would love to kill them. God forbid I ever get my way though right?
Report Post Tip
So what you're saying is that I have to live my life exactly the way you tell me to, regardless of us not being in the same crew, or your being my CL or anything, or you'll shoot me, do I have that right?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Jail Etiquette
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL