Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 14:11:39
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
How good you are in Geography Started by: Hambos on Apr 07, '21 14:24

Pretty good actually, I have a good understanding where places are. I only found out recently that most people can't name all the continents and that a lot of people think that Africa is a country. I have a general idea of Europe. If you point to a country I can usually tell you what it is without looking it up. I can name all the Australian states and the Canadian provinces. I could probably tell you most of the states too, not in order or anything.

Report Post Tip

There is no subject that I suck more at than Geography. It was the one subject that no matter how much I tried to focus on it when I was young, I found there was zero interest.

Report Post Tip

Its not easy to play that Geographic game. We might think to see a country, but a lot of countries environments do look the same.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to think I'm pretty good at geography.  Although I focus on some parts of the world more than others.  But I do love maps.  Google maps has been revolutionary and a great way to see the world if you haven't traveled somewhere :)

Report Post Tip
I consider myself to have a standard level of geography but I am always frightened at how others seems to be somewhat lacking.

People being asked to name a European country and giving Paris as an answer is strange.
Report Post Tip
At one point in my life, I could locate and identify every single country in the world on a blank world map (I took a geography class in high school). After being out of school for more years than I care to disclose, combined with changes in geography (I.e. southeastern Europe; Burma is now Myanmar, etc.), my knowledge is a bit more sketchy, but I’m pretty sure I could still identify 90% of the countries on a blank map.
Report Post Tip

As geography is part of what I teach, I would say I am better than most. I am weird in the fact that I actually study maps trying to memorize the locations of the areas I am least familiar with. As I get better with the countries, I start adding the capitals as well. I may not know them all, but one day I will. 

Report Post Tip
Geography I'm pretty good with. I know minnesota is close to Alabama. And the mississippi is real real long. The mountains are applegate, rock knee mountain and the casper's. Im so good
Report Post Tip

Sometimes I get lost trying to find the grocery store, but one time I got so lost I found another grocery store a few miles down the road that I liked better, and now I use that one all the time.

Not knowing geography pays off.

Report Post Tip

My father was a geography teacher but I'm absolutely pathetic at it, I mainly work on "landmarks" such as "oh that's near such and such shop" or "ah beside the X pub".    If I was asked to give directions around my home town using street names I'd be absolutely lost. 

Report Post Tip

I am really bad at geography, I have no idea where anything is.

I've travelled around Europe a bit so have an Idea of where i've been but at Geoguessr I'm useless

Report Post Tip
I much preferred the world map prior to the great wars, now it’s just a bunch of mediocre countries some with absolutely no real history behind them.
Report Post Tip
I've always been fairly decent at Geography. Like someone else mentioned, most of my knowledge stems from Football.

Knowledge of UK Geography I get from my job, but Europe and rest of the world tends to be football related.
Report Post Tip

I look up silly things all the time on google and surprised on what I find. In school I failed geography lol

Report Post Tip

Oh my goodness...  Hope is not me when it comes to Geography.  I honestly couldn't tell you where much of anything is located!  (US included, and I live here.)  Yea...  I'm fairly hopeless and should likely learn a bit more about that.  But ya know.  :)

Report Post Tip

I'm horrible at geography, I've seen my good friend Dan play geoguesser and I throw out some guesses and I'll be way off. This also translated directions, unless I have maps, I can and will get lost.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I’m very good at Geography that much I can tell you that Niue is a federate.
Report Post Tip

Actually I am pretty good at where countries are, and also about some of the US geography, but nothing about my own country xD Except the biggest cities :P

Report Post Tip

I'm awful at geography. I love to travel, which is the best way to learn and retain geography! But I am really bad at picking out the States or countries on a map. I'm always finding out new things that surprise me when looking at a map. Recently realised that there is a patch of Russia between Lithuania and Poland!

Report Post Tip

Honestly, European education when comes to these things is amazing, from maps to data and information about countries, capitals, rivers, big centers bla bla... We did it all.

For me, European geography is excellent, North Africa is excellent, the trouble starts when we are discussing countries below Sahara, there are just so many and so rarely they appear in whatever, videos, articles, economy books, business whatever so it is not every day that I get to repeat and relearn where they all are, but even with this I can point most of them on the map correctly and such, issue is like capitals and other things.

For Canada, it is rather easy as there is nothing :D

US, even though in Europe we do claim that we know US geography, I doubt that anyone (unless purposefully learning it for fun) can name 50 states, or capitals, or even show stuff on the map. Like Texas and Cali is easy part, but like Arkansas, Connecticut, Vermont etc. almost no one will get it right.

So yeah, geography is almost always based on how often do you get to read about countries in the news, articles blah blah

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: How good you are in Geography
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL