Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 08:11:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
How do you feel about mandating the vaccine? Started by: TheGodfather on Aug 24, '21 00:10

It's funny how this whole thing is panning out, too much bullshit is being talked up by radical assholes and if the vaccines helps you from not dying why not take it but we have some who don't want to take it but go around coughing and spitting on others which makes no sense. These are evil people and they should be locked up for assault.

Report Post Tip

As someone who works in a medical field, it pains me to see that some people still think there's some hidden agenda to these vaccines. Since the vaccines have been out, my job has gotten 10x easier than the start of the pandemic, I'd say anyone who works in a hospital or in a medical environment would say the same. The fact there's still people who think the vaccine isn't helping or doing more damage blows my mind. Lots of other vaccines, we weren't given a choice on. Mandate the vaccines and protect others. Or at the very least, no matter where you go, force people to have a negative test result before they can arrive if it's a public place.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am completely against mandatory vaccination. I am saying this as a fully vaccinated person that believes vaccines are a great thing for the public health but making it mandatory is another step away from Democracy. Because the virus may have been an accident or just nature doing her thing but the elite of the western world saw a great opportunity to use the situation into their economic and political benefit.

Honestly, I think that everyone deserves a choice on what they put into their body. So making it mandatory I think would be a mistake. Although today's vaccines in the US are not necessarily mandatory they are a requirement for schools and the like. But I see COVID as more like the Flu, not something like POLIO or any of the other required vaccines. IT should be an optional vaccination and not a requirement. If you know you are at risk, then you should make an informed decision and keep yourself safe. No matter what that means for you. IF it's flu season do you get the flu shot to minimize the severity? Yes. Same with COVID. It's a virus. Just do you. Don't berate people for getting the shot or not all because your personal choice is different. If you are more likely to get it and wind up in the hospital from it. Then should you have the vaccine and make sure you mask up. The vaccine doesn't stop it from spreading. It just stops the severity. You can still catch COVID. Your body your decision.

I say this as someone who has been vaccinated.

Report Post Tip
As mentioned earlier, people never questioned vaccines before. I don't know what's up to people these days but I don't care. I will get my shots and respect who doesnt.
Report Post Tip

In this day and age, I think women should be allowed to date the vaccine as well. I'm surprised we haven't seen any public demonstrations.

Report Post Tip

Oddly enough here is reason enough to wait at least before rushing out to get the vaccination. 

Many people have been getting the covid after the vaccination.  

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=woman+get+covid+despite+vaccination&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Report Post Tip

How brilliant are our scientist?? Amazing achievement and thank goodness. I grabbed by appointment as soon as it came up with both hands. And then a dead arm for a couple of days! Lol. Small price to pay in my personal view.

Report Post Tip

I myself   believe  each person should have the right to get it.  Or not should be a choice,biblically     or morally   should be our choice.

A bit off topic, but here's my two cents:

I'd have given people, say 6-10 months to get vaccinated. After that, things go back to "normal". If you catch COVID afterwards because you're too stupid to get vaccinated, you deal with it yourself. That means, no hospital and no help. If you die, you die. If you don't, you don't. There shouldn't be sympathy for these people, there shouldn't be empathy for these people. Accept the fucking consequences for your actions, and stop being a burden on the people who are smart enough to realise rocks aren't for eating, crayons aren't for picking your nose and sandpaper isn't for wiping your ass.

Report Post Tip
Mandating vaccines is like mandating masks. It doesn’t work. It is just general psychology. When you mandate something humans tend to want to rebel by nature. It is much more effective to do a vigorous educational outreach. When people feel at risk they tend to take precautions on their own.
Report Post Tip

I'm torn, while vaccinating everyone would solve the extreme overwhelming majority of our problems, I don't think its ethical to force people.  So treat it like other similar use cases:

DUI:  You can drink, sure, its your right, but when you hit someone because you choose to endanger others while driving in a dangerous state, you should be charged with manslaughter.  Hold people liable if they willingly and knowingly put people at risk.  People are more than welcome to stay home and drink and be a danger only to themselves and their family - but when you endanger others who are victims to your actions, you should be held liable.  Charge those who intentionally get others sick with assault/manslaughter.  I've had two family members murdered by people that were too selfish to take others health into their consideration.

Insurance: Get off the social tit before you get sick.  The costs associated with your treatment when you get infected should be shouldered by you and you alone.  There should be no charity care, no socialized cost sharing.  Your monthly insurance costs should not be subsidzed, you should pay the rate of someone who is unvaccinated without medical reason, and pay your own costs assicated with your decision.

Services/Businesses:  Like schools require a list of vaccinations so that kids dont infect other kids, continue on with this tradition.  If you want X Y or Z services, you need to be safe for others to come in contact with and thus be vaccinated.  Temper tantrums should not be given into when we are talking about the numbers we are.

Those who choose to not be vaccinated can frequent businesses that support their decisions and their health risks.  Like a restaurant who only hires wait staff who carries a high risk of transmitting HIV.  Back end kitchen that all have hepatitis.   And the cleaning staff all have herpes.  Everyone there would be going into the situation understanding the risks of receiving/giving a lifelong health issue sentence to someone else, but it would be OK because they are all consenting adults and they all understand their decisions.

Covid has murdered 25x more people than 9/11 in the US.  Most of which is because most don't respect others enough to not infect them, while maintaining some delusion of 'this doesnt/wont/cant happen to me'.

So let the people who put choose to put their family, friends and neighbors at risk do so when everyone is there and accepting of that choice, but hold them liable for their actions when they chose to kill people who didn't ask for it.

I'm also on the fence.  Part of me considers it to be something similar to mandatory vaccinations you receive as a child.  While many are opposed, by all indications, these vaccinations have eliminated many severe illnesses.  While I'm typically against the over indulgence of those who run to the doctor for every ailment and don't give their body a chance to fight off an illness, I did succumb to getting the vaccination to protect my wife and daughters, putting them before my personal beliefs.

Pushing me the other way comes from the ever changing variants, the politics, and the mass of false or skewed information that comes out from the media.  You really can't believe anything you hear or read anymore, so how do you develop confidence that the vaccinations are valid and have been properly tested.  It's been several months ago, but I hurt my knee.  Went to the clinic and was turned away because aching joints was considered a COVID symptom.  Most ignorant thing I've ever experienced.  Doctor called me at home and tried to treat my knee over the phone.  I finally just hung up.

I personally think it is a personal preference.  Everyone has their own opinions on why to get and why not to get.  And don't think it should be something that people are forced to receive.  I still feel there was not enough testing regardless of the FDA's sudden approval of it. (Government pushed).   Other vaccines had many more years of testing done prior to poking people. 

I have family in the medical field who are not on the same side of the fence regarding it. One is for the vaccine (and she is a Physician's Assistant) while the other (Nurse Practitioner) is against the vaccine.  Both have recently had babies during the main part of the pandemic.  The PA had the vaccine while pregnant and NP is set on not getting it.  

I had Covid. I currently have the antibodies.  I have no intention of getting the vaccine at this time.   I'm not convinced as of yet! 

Report Post Tip

I’m of the opinion that it should be mandatory, primarily because of all the misinformation out there (as seen in some posts on this thread lol), it’s more likely people won’t get it based off fearmongering from certain political groups instead of it being an actual informed decision. I’m like the least authoritarian person out here I’d think but for this particular pandemic, I don’t see any way out other than just making vaccines mandatory since everyone is so pressed to be an internet scientist.

Anyway coming from a third world country, it’s insane to me reading that there’s so much debate on this at all. Everyone here scrambles for the vaccine just because it’s so inaccessible. I don’t think there’s a strong anti-vax group in my country and I guess it’s an interesting reflection on how privilege can be a double-edged sword.

I feel like anything that can be the public health and good should be able to be mandated but I can also understand why people are upset about it this isn't something that you should be able to say I can't or can do

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I still can't understand why this is a major topic with so many people.  People are getting sick and dying.  Some so sick they say they wished they would have taken the shots.  Kids are getting sick and dying.  Start protecting other people get your shot. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'm all for it. As others have stated, to go to school or even work in certain fields you need to show medical proof that you've been vaccinated for various diseases and viruses. I see this no differently, I think people are upset because it's new, it wasn't on the list before. While the vaccine was pushed, it wasn't without years of research. Covid 19 is a new strain, not a new disease. 

"SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious DiseasesTrusted Source, there are hundreds of coronaviruses — including four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012." 

They've had the basis for the vaccine, they just needed to tweak it to this strain, and the new strains that have developed and mutated since it blew up. 

I'm disappointed that people (including my own mother) refuse to get the vaccine and see nothing wrong with that. I got mine as soon as I was eligible and I'll get any boosters that come my way.

Report Post Tip

I certainly believe that vaccinations should not be mandated, at all. 

Whilst, I am not an anti vaccine, I'd like to hope people still have choice themselves, as to whether they want the vaccine or not!

Report Post Tip

I'm not a big fan of mandating it.   Unless it becomes absolutely necessary for some reason and things get out of hand again somehow.    Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: How do you feel about mandating the vaccine?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL