Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 01:10:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
How do you feel about mandating the vaccine? Started by: TheGodfather on Aug 24, '21 00:10

Ach, I'm not one to buy into this free will bullshit argument.  The facts as we know it are:

• Coronavirus is deadly in a significant enough proportion of cases to cause people to want to change behaviour
  • Masks are a great help in preventing those carrying the virus spread
  • Vaccines offer a great deal of protection with the symptoms if you do get it

Companies in most developed nations have a duty of care to their employees to ensure they do all that is practicable to provide a safe working environment.  Given the ridiculously litigious nature of the residents of some countries, it will only be a matter of time before someone catches covid at a workplace and looks to sue the employer for NOT doing all they can...i.e. providing adequate washing facilities, adequate employee separation AND ensuring as many employees are vaccinated as possible. 

Now, it is all about free will.  The employer is allowing you to make that choice and you are potentially choosing not to accept that company's terms of employment...thus making you free to find work at an alternative employer that does allow you to live your life as you see fit.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It's basically saying I have to get this stupid vaccine or I will get fired from my job or I have to be religious to be exempt from getting it so I don't lose my job.

Surely that *IS* free will?

Sure, you have the option to take it or refuse it, but the CEO of the company also has free will, in that he's entitled to fire you for refusing to take a vaccine or to overlook your stance on the vaccine?

In his mind he may be attempting to protect the wellbeing of his vaccine-compliant staff and clients, so he's entitled to take measures to minimise the perceived risk, and may fire you as a result. If you're entitled to disregard his opinion on the vaccine, why is he not entitled to disregard yours?

Just to be clear - I'm not saying your opinion is wrong. I'm just playing devil's advocate to generate debate :P

I understand some folk being sceptical as they don't know if the vaccine will have any after affects on them as let's be honest it hasn't really been tried and tested properly!

Urgh, anti-vaxxers suck (I appreciate you're not one).

Vaccines are usually just an immitation of the virus's mRNA that cannot replicate, so your body can identify and create the appropriate antiviral antibodies to fight the virus in advance, in relative safety. It takes time for your body to make antibodies from scratch and if you're also fighting an infection as dangerous as Covid at the same time, your body works too hard and begins to struggle.

The booster shots are designed simply to combat the various strains. Like the flu jag isn't the same flu jag every year... it's an imitation of the most dangerous flu that year. That's why some people feel crap after taking the jag - your body thinks it's fighting a bona fide virus and takes typical steps to destroy it; increase body temperature, increase white blood cells, increase phlegm, increase coughing and sneezing to evacuate the shite out of your system, etc.

So yeah, I don't understand why people think the whole virus load is more dangerous than a disarmed, rip-off version of the virus. And - to anyone wanting to debate me on this - yes, I am aware of the MMR/Autism studies from the 90s.

Report Post Tip

I already feel like it is mandated here in Denmark..

You need a coronapassport to do pretty much anything now. Even to work in some places. So you either have to be tested every 2-3 days or get the vaccine. I know my mom was against getting the vaccine to begin with, but because she works in a public daycare, she's thinking about getting the vaccine anyway because of the corona passport requirement. 

I really thought and hoped all of this would be sort of over already, but those numbers just keep going back up :(

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
as Americans i don't believe we should be forced to getthe vaccination.Jobs schools stores and ect should not be able to discriminate people based on your vaccination status
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: How do you feel about mandating the vaccine?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL