Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 06:34:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Darts Started by: Gerwyn_Price on Oct 28, '21 15:44

ShellfishThompson, now that you mention it, I must have seen you down at the local competitions. I've never competed or been to any events, but I remember seeing a guy everyone called "The Finger" playing there! This is so wild. I am certain I probably saw your wife there when I didn't go too. Describe her to me please?

Also, apologies for the behaviour of Honesty- in this thread. He's clearly the toughest guy in the whole of the Outside forum.

Report Post Tip

It's ok, Gerwyn_Price. I have seen far worse. As a former headmaster of a school for troubled youths, I have seen this kind of thing a million times before. 

As for my wife, let's just say she's wider than she is tall but I love her, brother. 

Report Post Tip
Have to disagree, price is a fanny! Full of banter and sportsmanship when he's winning but no class when he loses. Big Gary Anderson and barney are my favourites over the years!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

MrGrieves - well, what do you want?  Someone who just accepts when he loses, or someone who goes nuts?  Give me Joey Barton or Roy Keane any day of the week.  I want game officials living in fear of multi-millionaires, simply for doing a hard job to the best of their abilities.

Report Post Tip

Darts are cool. I love Darts. I wish I could see the dart leagues on TV and not have to stream online. But it's cool. I love playing it as well too! it sucks because I have not played in a while.

Report Post Tip

Well I'm actually kind of amazed how into darts you are. I mean I had a regulation one in my kitchen growing up but that for was for all the drunks to play when the party went from the bar to my house as a child. So honestly I dont have much care at all for it. Just kind of reminds me of shit memories and nothing good. But thats just my opinion and I mean I still haven't heard much about like I guess is there professional darts? I guess there must be some form as for it how it "exploded" recently I'd say when you are quite bored at home or can't interact with real sports then darts would be perfect. Don't mean for this to be offensive just figured I'd give you my honesty opinion on it.

Report Post Tip

Nothing offensive whatsoever there, MidpoinT. Everyone is free to give their opinion in the Outside forum, without any judgement from me. I am personally not that into darts either. 

Report Post Tip
I think darts, because of the association with alcohol, will always have good and bad conflated with it.

I only ever played darts in licensed venues. I mean licensed to serve alcohol.
Report Post Tip

I used to play in a league here in the states. I started just for the fun, then we did well and it became good competition for a while. I then went back to being for fun. Unfortunately, I had a falling out with friends and needless to say, I stopped playing. 

Report Post Tip
I had a kids dart board when I was younger, I thought I was pretty good at it. Got drunk once in a bar and learned I wasn't all that good lol.
Report Post Tip
I usexto play darts all the time when I was younger even if all we did was aim for the bullseye.

I stopped playing sbortly after my oldest brother told me to stand where the game was hanging. Me being no dummy said no you'll just throw a dart at me.

He said no, I just want to see where you are in relationship to the boards height on the door.
So I agreed.

Next thing I know there was a dart bouncing off my sternum. Yep he hit me dead center of my chest. At least it didn't stick in me.

Lesson learned.
Don't do it if it feels wrong, trust your first instinct.
Report Post Tip

I like playing cricket sometimes, but a lot of bars have been stingy handing out house darts lately... Even pre-covid. Hopefully, I'll get to play again soon. 

I am still hopeful Phil Taylor is going to run for worlds this year.

Few videos of him still taking 11 dart legs out at exhibitions with Aid Lewis.

Hes still doing is triple double check out as well.

Yes! Just what we needed, a hardcore discussion about darts!

Report Post Tip
Hey Dr_Satan! What should we talk about instead?
Report Post Tip

Well, Pool is the superior bar game. How about that?

Report Post Tip
Dr_Satan: Pool. Sure, pool: Shoot!
Report Post Tip

Pool is awesome! I mean, you'd never hear of someone paying $1000 for a set of darts, but, you regularly hear of people paying $1000 for a pool cue. 

Report Post Tip
Not a massive darts fan, but enjoy watching it every so often or up the pub having a game, managed to checkout on 140 the other day which I’m going to claim I do all the time and not a fluke. (Treble 20, double tops twice)
Report Post Tip
Dr_Satan, I'm not saying you're a fool or anything, but people pay over $4k for darts sometimes: https://darthelp.com/articles/what-are-the-most-expensive-darts/

Back when I was in the Lothian darts scene, I actually paid £700 (about $1,005) for my set of darts, but they had previously been owned by local football goal-keeping legend Henry Smith.

I have them still.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Darts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL