Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 11:49:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
I Will Make You Rich Started by: GunHolder on Jan 03, '22 14:22

Ann was in a shop, looking over neatly stacked teacups when one voice from the streets rose above the others. It rose until it boomed like thunder; with such force, the neatly stacked tea cups shook. Ann recalled the voice, so she excused herself a moment, and exited the shop.

Ann walked closer to the speaker, now known to them as GunHolder. She raised her finger, ever slightly, as to get his attention, and she smiled. She felt a connection, not with what he said, but with how it was said. Such ferocity and contempt. She knew these feelings well, though she kept them well guarded as she made her way in this world of theirs. But they were there none-the less; brewing, festering, and bubbling; almost awaiting the precise timing to be unleashed with all of their venom.

"Why, GunHolder, with such triggered emotion, you sound like someone who is holding a grudge. A very deep, dark and dangerous grudge. I am not one to judge, and I do understand. Death, deceipt, stealing...it's what this world has become. I almost hope I am wrong. I'd hate that for you; to carry such heavy baggage". Ann, half-smiled with a rare glint of empathy in her eyes.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
GunHolder is holding a gun and a grudge. A dangerous combination.

Do you also have in your possession the true story of writing competitions over the past five years?
Report Post Tip

Pedro hears about a competition on the streets and smiles. He takes out his cigarette and lighter and lights one up while listening to all of the people making guesses. This guy could be holding just about anything. Is there truly a right or wrong answer? He took a crack at it.

"Hello Mr. GunHolder, I think holding a gun is very practical however, my guess would be, you are holding a wad of money in the form of credits that someone could take to the marketplace and exchange for cash or use to buy certain things in this world of ours."

Pedro smirks and takes a puff of his cigarette once more.

Report Post Tip

@Ms_Ann_Throphy, very perceptive once again. A swell of violent emotions form within me whenever I think of that fateful day, of what was taken from me, like those drunken monkeys at popular beach resorts who get a taste for fruit-based cocktails and begin to crave them, to snatch them at any unattended moment. Those monkeys are alcoholics, Ann. Those damn degenerate monkeys. Could this be the trail that leads to the X; the marked spot on my treasure trail? Not to be confused with HeadHunterX, who along with his light-fingered associate ShinigamiK is doubtlessly enjoying a gorgeous steak dinner at my pickpocketed expense. 

But I swear to God if Shinigami doesn't just focus on the company and a beautiful eevening, as opposed to the pockets that need pilfering, I swear to God. It's those alcoholic monkeys all over again. He might need help. A professional, maybe. There should be money left over for that. 

JulianLennon, it would be just as violent a tome as any suggestion of foul-play with my aforementioned gun (whether I happen to be holding it or not). A story not for the easily spooked. 

Report Post Tip
GunHolder are you holding Lincoln_Lawyer?
Report Post Tip

As Shinigami was walking around the streets, he heard a young man enjoying his time showing up his mysterious character and personality which Shinigami aren't interested in at all.

The streets are tough  when you become careless and be full of yourself in the the wrong way.

Shinigami took a breath and walked away looking for his business and he suddenly heard the youngster talking about him throwing some inappropriate words at him, he looked at the man and ignored him since he is not interested in that man, and just before Shinigami walks away he heard that man threatening him which he found that kinda amusing and how the guys is full of himself, and he may need to learn a lesson.

Everyone is wondering what the guy holds as he heard, but Shinigami thought that he hold his arrogance and stupidity to the point that can lead him to his death.

Report Post Tip

JulianLennon, you've stumbled upon the latest thing I am definitely not holding.

THE LATEST THING I AM CONFIRMED NOT TO BE HOLDING - 

Lincoln_Lawyer

I made a personal request to his Godfather to encourage his people to involve themselves in the chase for a great fortune but was met with radio silence. In that regard, I cannot even say I am holding a telephone or any line of contact with the man in question or any of his associates. I am, however, extremely grateful to great men like Squirrelly-Dan who were happy to encourage those around him to challenge their minds with this puzzle (which I will admit for anyone paying attention, someone here has come remarkably close to solving with their submission - continue with that little clue in your pocket) and a chance to alleviate the unbearable boredom and general dreadfulness of everything else on the streets. 

We'll continue for another day or two before the veil is lifted.

Remember, you may ask questions. You may murder other contestants (although I don't know why you would, this isn't a writing competition). You may submit as many guesses as you like. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Le-Semois had been pondering this riddle more as he saw others step up to the man waiting to be surprised by the most insightful from all the thugs, street rats and well-dressed men belonging to esteemed crime families trying to win the prize

Your latest clue said that one person came close, perhaps it was someone who also calls Canada home, maybe not. Seeing how she went for rather the emotion and not a physical thing, i am going to make an educated guess that you hold the journals and stories of your ancestors. Stories that were incredible, brimming wiht explosive actions, plots and tales, backstabbing accounts and what not. Something you have read over and over and feel that their lives have given all that your lineage needed and now you are ready as the last in a long line to migrate back to the old country and live out your days

Le-S tips his hat and once again goes on another beer procurement mission for his DrunkFather

Report Post Tip
AliceLiddell - didn't a relative of yours once hitlist a journalist?
Report Post Tip

Aleister Crowley and Morningstar are standing outside the washroom in a train station. Crowley is murmuring something to himself about finding the way with the help of the spirits. 

Morningstar chuckles and under his breath he says 

Mr. Crowley
What went on in your head?
Oh, Mr. Crowley
Did you talk to the dead?

Your lifestyle to me seems so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
Yeah, you waited on Satan's call

Then turning to the other fellow ahead of him he asks "how long you been holding your bladder pal?"

Report Post Tip

What am I holding?!

Time is running out, closest to the winning ticket will earn the spoils.

There are clues peppered all around this space, with one contestant coming dangerously close to the secret. 

So take a moment to step away from the musings by Dagda's flaming trash bin and make a guess. You can make as many as you like, in fact. You can ask as many questions as you like too. You can even kill as many people as you like but that's on you. Will that help you win? It might. I don't know. You could ask me, 'GunHolder, what are you holding?' and maybe I'd just tell you. I probably wouldn't but no one has tried yet, so I couldn't say that it's something I wouldn't do. 

Think outside the box, play with the form. No limitations, no rules established. 

Report Post Tip
I think you're holding a gun, a grudge, and some secrets. I think you're holding onto perhaps a vision of an avenging angel.

Maybe you're tempted to kill a man for money, like an unnamed RHM who considered my offer of $6.75m to kill Don_Drew. Or maybe you wanted to kill Tyrion for that time he shunned a legend by disinviting him from a social event. Or maybe it's Dagda, acting all high and mighty whilst being a basic doofus.

Or maybe it's a betrayal so deep and buried it's in your DNA.

Like the parentage of Destro, maybe you're holding a quest for information?
Report Post Tip

A quest for information. That's very interesting, SeanLennon. Very interesting indeed. That is a very, very, very interesting guess. The kind of guess that perhaps I would be encouraged by, and work into the process for the next one...Or that anyone really could work into their next one. Once it's out in the world, it's public domain. It's an investment into the free-thinking minds of this competition, a hint to circulate around their brains and grow. Because baby we're getting somewhere. 

Report Post Tip

Perhaps you are holding on to the knowledge that times change and that your time in this world is drawing to a close, that the things thatnonce kept your family here are long gone and the ghosts of past glories are no longer enough to keep you here?

Report Post Tip

No, now we're straying way, way off the path again. I've just dropped some big hints, Lincoln_Lawyer, and there are clues (some very obvious, others not so much) scattered around. I will do a recap of answers again shortly to help the latecomers.

Report Post Tip

In that case perhaps in your own mind you are holding the streets to a higher standard than you have recently observed.

Report Post Tip
I don't know you and couldn't judge whether that first comment was some weird dig at me or not but now I suppose I have my answer. If you are mad about there being a break between the endless stream of auth and promoted Godfather speeches that absolutely nobody is excited by, I apologize. I encourage you to participate sincerely, I think it's been fun and hope others have found a little entertainment in it. If you don't want to, that's fine, but you are being a huge bummer.
Report Post Tip
As well as all of the things I've previously mentioned, are you holding onto the memory of a friend who was senselessly murdered leading to a notorious misappropriation of funds and several investigations into said misappropriation?
Report Post Tip

Ann turned to SeanLennon and a grin curled upon her lips. "If that is the case SeanLennon", Ann proceeded whilst turning now toward GunHolder, the owner of the truth in question, "Then GunHolder would be holding a vendetta, a really nasty grudge with a side of revenge, and a gun. Whoooo, what a trifecta in danger"!

Ann's face suddenly went cold as she realized her feet were sore and her stomach was empty. She now only wanted a grilled cheese with an iced coca-cola. Perhaps the answer would be announced soon. 

Report Post Tip

Oooooh yes, we're getting there gang, we are reaching the end game. So, a man with a grudge, a gun and a yearning to right a wrong, what kind of dastardly deed could be at the heart of this? What could I be holding on to? What kind of wrong has been perpetrated and by whom? It may sound crazy - how would anyone know - but it has been scattered all along this investigation, the pieces are all there! 

QUESTIONS, ASK THE QUESTIONS. 

A GREAT FORTUNE AWAITS AN INQUISITIVE MIND

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I Will Make You Rich
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL