Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 23:15:25
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Las Vegas: A Godfather Council Announcement Started by: AlabamaWorley on Nov 14, '11 16:45

You may have noticed certain changes have been stipulated by the Godfather Council; however we purposefully left one significant alteration off that particular agenda. We believed that this deserved a whole announcement of its own!

I am pleased to tell you all that the city of Las Vegas is once again open for business and it'll be populated by......some of you.

Similar themes have been played out before and actually in Las Vegas previously, but we have always been a fan of it, so...The Godfather Council has decided to open up Las Vegas for anyone who decides they are capable of leading a family.

That's right; anyone of Made Man or above has the opportunity to begin their own family within Las Vegas as of now. If you have ever wanted to lead your own family, this is your opportunity. If you don't feel like you have the chance to progress within your current city, this is your opportunity. If you think that you're better than the other leaders...you get the idea.

Of course, there are a few requirements and certain issues that I will quickly iron out for you.

1) You must have the permission of your current Don/Godfather.
2) You may only take with you a RHM and a LHM.
3) Nobody who is Extremely Well Protected, Obscenely Well Protected or Insanely Well Protected is eligible for this opportunity.
4) There will be no outside influence from any individual from any other city - you're on your own!
5) Las Vegas will remain open until a Godfather takes control of the city and closes it.
6) There is no limit upon the number of families that can operate within Las Vegas at this time (to be reviewed once Vegas has a Godfather)
7) The city may appoint a representative to act on their behalf on the Godfather Council, provided they are recognised as the leader of the city by all other families within the city.
8) You can use force, guile or diplomacy to succeed in gaining a foothold in Las Vegas and provided it is contained to Las Vegas, there will be no outside interference.

These are the only guidelines in place. Las Vegas is your oyster, people. A word of caution though, its not easy in that big bad world when you are all on your own. I would encourage anyone wishing to take up the challenge to think hard on this and not jump in feet first unprepared.

We look forward to seeing a variation of new and old blood rise to the challenge.

Report Post Tip

As a relative newcomer to these streets, I for one am extremely excited to see how this plays out. A great city like Las Vegas deserves great leadership, and giving leaders the chance to prove their worth as a Godfather seems like a very good way to sort the boys from the men so to speak.

Report Post Tip

And we've seen the first soul brave enough to venture into the big unknown; will it be a case of early bird catches the worm? Or, more of a fools rush in situation?

Report Post Tip

I would bet on the latter, Sprozz.

Report Post Tip

Incidentally - I should like to propose a caveat to those setting up in Vegas. It seems Draconian, but I believe anyone who sets up in Vegas should be made to stay there until such a time that either:

1) The unanimously agreed is offered a place on the GF council and he can vouch for himself and other leaders in Vegas

2) Vegas has a true GF.

With anyone being allowedt to set up (even with the agreement of CL/GF) it potentially opens doors for Rogues. Or maybe I'm just cranky and paranoid.

Report Post Tip

this is very interesting indeed

Report Post Tip

One other thing:

No NPM's. You cannot start up a crew in Las Vegas and fill it with robots. Not even 1.

Report Post Tip

Well now.

I'd just like to offer the very best of luck to all those putting themselves forward for this; it is, no doubt, a significant undertaking to build a city from the ground up, and I hope that candidates exercise wisdom in their decisions. It will be that wisdom which limits the fragility of Las Vegas during its rebirth.

So, the warmest of wishes to all extending their hand in this venture - may you prosper and make your former families proud of your achievements.

Report Post Tip

I dont know why, but I have an image of the Roman Colosseum  of yore.

I can see GodFather 'Bamma sitting in the stands screaming for blood, while the Crewleaders glatiators are fighting it out.

Report Post Tip

rule number four refers to you being on your own and no outside interference yet  its just been said no npms. id consider that outdide influenceif whomever is setting up in vegas is on their own then shouldnt they be deciding what is best for their crew considering they didnt set on this godfather council

Report Post Tip

So hurley, you think someone can use an initiative put forth by the council and not live by their rules? Don't you think there is a bit of a problem with that?

Anyone accepting this chance does so at their own risk. They will be required to follow the same rules as every other city.

Report Post Tip

Chances dont come like this all the time hurley and if it wasnt for them it would not happen im sure the last thing on people's minds would be defying the rules laid out

Report Post Tip

The whole point of the Godfather Council is to enforce a unified and stable guideline across all cities; regardless of the fact that Las Vegas' would-be Godfather has not yet sat on the Council,  that person is still fit to make themselves aware of the points above now (I'd like to think anyone hoping to attain this crown would take a vested interest in such things) and he or she will still play an integral part when they come to power, so of course it is fitting that they pick up and run with the rules already set by the Council.

There is no 'opt-out' feature with this just because Las Vegas is currently empty.

Report Post Tip

I think what Hurley is saying (though I know it's dangerous to put words in other people's mouths) is that the guidelines are a bit confusing. 

In the guidelines themselves they say - "These are the ONLY guidelines" and "Las Vegas is your oyster." And - "You're on your own."

Though, not really.  There are other "rules" added later, and then they're told they need to follow the rules of the other cities. 

What?

I'm still confused.  Are there 8 "guidelines" or are there really 10?  Maybe 12?  Any other guidelines or rules that aren't listed?

Those are the questions popping into my head.  I think that's the issue - just a little confusion about what are, in fact, all the guidelines that must be followed. 

Either people can do what they want in Las Vegas, or they are bound by the rules of the godfathers, in which case, aren't they just extensions of those Godfathers and those cities from where they come?

I really like rule #3.  interested in why that one was added.

No need to answer me.  I am just thinking out loud. 

Should be interesting.

Report Post Tip

i think "your on your own" to gain a foot hold in las vegas as it will be quite competitive but rules are to be followed like the rest of us? i think its pretty simple.If its too confusing stay clear of Vegas

Report Post Tip

Jason!  so rude even after I busted you out of jail?  Ouch man.  Ouch. 

I don't think the confusion is mine alone, and I was jut hoping for some clarification.  Nobody needs to offer any if they don't think it's necessary.  And for many reasons I plan on staying out of Vegas, the foremost being that I am loyal to my family.

But thanks for your enlightening response. 

Report Post Tip

This is not the first time I have seen this tact. I absolutely love the excitement when a city is left to a bunch of nobodies to make a name for themselves. Interesting to see what they can do.

I can only say good luck to the courageous few.

Report Post Tip

Is there a set time limit for how long this opportunity will be available?

Report Post Tip

Specs - i believe it is until someone takes GF of LA.

Report Post Tip

Godfather of LV Mr. Thor i think is what you mean

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Las Vegas: A Godfather Council Announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL