Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 20:57:19
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts Started by: Squishy on Nov 24, '12 23:52

As of now, all upper members of staff (such as Coders, Developers, Owners, Assistants/Admins, henceforth known as CDOA) will no longer be able to hold positions of power within the game. While we have never had a huge problem with this in the past, there have always been times when players feel that some wrongdoing has been done on the part of the staff who have always, to the best of our knowledge, been sincere and honest in their love and integrity in keeping the game fair for all of it's users.

Once you become a CDOA, you can no longer be a CL, Godfather, RH/LH, or any such position of power in the game. This applies only to staff who are currently CDOA; if you were CDOA in the past but currently do not hold a CDOA account, then feel free to play and enjoy the game as you have been. Any positions not deemed in complete and total control, such as WS collector, business district manager, etc., will be allowable to be held by members of the team. As always, if you are CDOA, your playing account will show in your profile under the heading "Playing Account" to further our promise to users on 'account transparency'.

Helpdeskers only have access to basic, non-pertinent information in the game (such as helpdesk mails, admin jailing, and other such features), ones that do not disclose the identity, statistics or histories of any playing accounts, past or present; therefore they are allowed to play in any capacity in the game since they do not have access to any information that may cloud judgment in any way or inhibit their ability to perform without bias.

Report Post Tip
Is this no longer the case?
Report Post Tip

This is still the case, and the exception is helpdesk

Report Post Tip

Actually now that I look at it it appears bunneh an assistant has recently setup a crew as bunny. So I retract this being in effect and am now lost

Report Post Tip

Assistant: These people carry out the basic administrative functions of the game, and monitor the HelpDesk account. Assistants are responsible for answering game questions, weeding out illegal accounts, dealing with user grievances, and monitoring the userbase for illegal and/or inappropriate activity. Please try to direct all game questions to these people as they have the best ability to help you. These people DO NOT have access to game sensitive information. Assistants DO NOT have database access.

Considering Assistants don't have access to game sensitive information or database access, I don't see why they should be restricted. Maybe their role has changed in the 4 1/2 years since this was first posted.

Report Post Tip

Still odd seeing an assistant directly contradicting squishy post, no?

Report Post Tip
I actually tried to find this post myself!

I remember once upon a time when I wasn't allowed an admin as my LHM subsequently prompting his return to inactivity and retirement, alas.
Report Post Tip

Bunneh is not an admin and does not have access to game sensitive information or database access.

Report Post Tip

bunny "all upper members of staff (such as Coders, Developers, Owners, Assistants/Admins, henceforth known as CDOA) "

According to squishy still includes assistants

And as of now the staff directory looks like this:

Staff

User Name Status

[MM] enkindle Coder 

[MM] FrankieFigs Administrator 

[MM] Squishy Coder 

[MM] BillyBathtub Creative Director 

[MM] -DeadlySin Administrator 

[MM] House DiceBetMaker 

[MM] mario Developer, Coder, Jedi Knight 

[MM] AdminTeam Mailbox 

[MM] Bunneh Assistant 

[MM] Curtis HelpDesk 

[MM] Lady-Fighter HelpDesk 

[MM] LG HelpDesk 

[MM] SpikeSpiegel HelpDesk 

[MM] Syn HelpDesk 

[MM] Toby- HelpDesk 

[MM] Warrior HelpDesk 

[MM] Chaotic_Osprey Staff 

Report Post Tip

This is an old thread.

As always, if you are CDOA, your playing account will show in your profile under the heading "Playing Account" <--- it no longer does.

They only people who have playing restrictions are admins and coders.

Report Post Tip

Helpdeskers only have access to basic, non-pertinent information in the game (such as helpdesk mails, admin jailing, and other such features), ones that do not disclose the identity, statistics or histories of any playing accounts, past or present; therefore they are allowed to play in any capacity in the game since they do not have access to any information that may cloud judgment in any way or inhibit their ability to perform without bias.

Considering she is a Helpdesk member, I'm pretty sure this solves this. Yeah she may be an Assistant but it's to Helpdesk, just like the handful of other members of this community that are part of the Helpdesk family. If there was some kind of issue with this I'm sure Squishy would step in, then at that point every Helpdesk member wouldn't be able to maintain a power position.

Report Post Tip

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear, this thread was made MANY years before Bunny took the role of Assistant and in that time, the parameters of what an Assistant does has changed. An Assistant is basically the head of the Help Desk team, and yet Help Desk members are allowed to become Crew Leaders. Bunny/Bunneh has absolutely no access to any game changing or sensitive information, so how does her being a Crew Leader affect any one else considering her playing character is on a level playing field with everyone else?

If I didn't know any better, I would assume this point was made just for something else to bitch at.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lol you nailed it there Athos. Izzy will be clarifying on this later. 

Report Post Tip
This definitely sounds like sour grapes. Especially considering no one was searching for this while she was a hand. I'm sure or energies could be better spent elsewhere on more important matters.
Report Post Tip

bunny I believe it no longer a says that for anyone on staff to help the staff blend in more

Report Post Tip

The original rules were set up so that people with crucial behind the scenes information are not in a position of power that could benefit from that information in an unfair way.  The roles have changed since then.  An assisstant is just a designated title. Bunny, as assistant, is the leader of the Help Desk team.  This position does not have access to sensitive game information unless *you* mail it to help desk. For example, she does not have access to account histories, character stats, emails, signup answers, wack records, passwords, or anything of this nature.  She, like all help desk, does have access to the help desk inbox, so unless you mail it saying "I, formally known as BobTheWacker, BobThePlayer and BobBob, plan on roguing and shooting Disorder on the 10th of May at 12:00 game time with my 1300 wack stat on my master account email of bob@bob.com with the proer of MaryTheProer who was formally known as MaryThePlayer..." then there is no advantage given.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Disorder, beware Bob!

Report Post Tip

So your saying that the information sent to helpdesk could be given out by helpdesk to players? That seems every dangerous tbh, I know I would never send information like that however it seems helpdesk should have some sort of restrictions on being able to deploy that information in game. Or perhaps we should have a helpdesk mail box and a admin mailbox for sensitive issues line that

Report Post Tip

lol I feel like your're just reaching for shit Doug. That's not what Izzy said at all. He just said she wouldn't even have access to that kind of information unless it was mailed to helpdesk, he didn't say it was ok for her to share it. 

You're clearly just trying to start trouble where there is none to start. 

Report Post Tip

So your saying that the information sent to helpdesk could be given out by helpdesk to players? That seems every dangerous tbh, I know I would never send information like that however it seems helpdesk should have some sort of restrictions on being able to deploy that information in game. Or perhaps we should have a helpdesk mail box and a admin mailbox for sensitive issues line that

No, that is not what I am saying.  I am saying that its difficult to unsee something. If I saw that someone complained that you scammed them for 50 million and then sometime a month down the road another person mentioned that you were borrowing 50 mill from them, instantly my thoughts would be internally biased because I cant unsee that you are a scammer.

Information doesnt get sent out, but to the person fielding the mobmail, there is no way to unsee what they read.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: CDOA/HelpDesk Playing Accounts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL