Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 16:46:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 
The sins of the city Started by: Deimne on Mar 28, '10 22:08

Anslemo's grandfather had worked for the late Godfather Cryptic in Las Vegas some while ago, prior to him taking over the city. Anselmo remembered one day as a young boy, his grandfather came home from a long night of battle where three cities had attacked Las Vegas. When the war was over, his grandfather came back to the house with a look of sadness on his face greater than Anselmo had ever seen before.

"Grandpa, why are you so sad?" young Anselmo asked.

"Well boy," his grandfather replied, "There was a war today, and during it somebody from another city pointed their gun at me and pulled the trigger."

I said "But Grandpa, you're still alive! It appears that the shot missed you!"

He said "I know. That is why I am so sad"

Report Post Tip

Holding his head in his hands, he listens to the words and wonders if logic has now been lost to this world.

Tigger, if you or anyone wishes to have a reasoned discussion based on fact or logic, super. If your going to talk out your ass, please just move along and stick to licking windows in private.

I never once asked for ANYONE to keep their mouth shut. In fact, ask around, I'm one of the people who encourages open debate. As long as things are kept respectful, I fully encourage anyone to question the actions of the day, be they actions taken by me or anyone else. My point, which was made pretty clearly, was that it's the kin of these former members that are keeping this topic alive and due to lies or false information leading to Godfather Cryptic, GRHS, to suffer insult after his injury. I'm more than happy for them, or you, to come out here crying... but when you do, don't then attack me for keeping the topic alive.

Cryptic had very little, if any control over the circumstances which brought about his demise.

Excuse me? The godfather of a city... sitting in the room at the time the comments were made... who spoke just seconds after the comments were made... yet had little or no control? I'm not saying I disagree here, but it IS the exact problem. Had he simply smacked balian upside the head and put him back in line, this issue wouldn't have escalated in the manner it did. So yes, couldn't agree more. However you're saying it as a defence, rather than pointing out this is the exact problem.

Also, I *strongly* advise (I know, advice from a low-ranking loud mouth) that someone set forth ANY form of barrier between the coffee shops and what goes on in our world.

If this is how you feel, this is easily done. Simply don't discuss matters of 'our world' when sitting in your coffee shop. Easy. However, the minute you discuss me, New York, war or any other 'worldly' matter in a coffee shop, it kicks that barrier in the face and makes a laugh of such a suggestion.

Report Post Tip

Wow, I have heard many a street speech by a leader and or Godfather following a war giving their reasons for warring etc. with themselves and everyone noting that it is kind of the to do so as it certainly is not an obligation for the warring party to explain to his own city let alone all others why the action was taken. But with that being said, I have never seen a speech with some many responses from people who just "don't get it" or don't want to and Godfather Deimne's ongoing willingness to answer. Frankly it amazes me he hasn't told you all to buzz off and had that point never look at a new part of this discussion again. Enough all ready people!

Report Post Tip

Nods at Angelique, Godfather Deimne has went WAY out of his way to be patient here. 

Starts to laugh and bounce a small ball from a coat pocket.

Report Post Tip

In response to Tigger and the following

Also, I *strongly* advise (I know, advice from a low-ranking loud mouth)
that someone set forth ANY form of barrier between the coffee shops and
what goes on in our world. Either that, or rid the whole barrier
entirely, and force gatherings of coffeeshop friends to be non-existent.
If we can't allow groups to meet in coffeeshops without having their
tongues tied to the happenings of this world, we will lose what makes
the coffeeshops great.

For as long as I can remember their has been no barrier or the barrier had been set as the coffee shop known as #DivineLunacy. I would imagine that there is no current barrier sitting currently within this thing of ours because as FlyingPig has pointed out whilst hanging out in #DivineLunacy you can almost keep your finger on the pulse as to what has gone on in our world.

I can't see this ever changing in our current life time and I for one know that I must control my emotions when in these places because as some might say "These walls have ears". The only place you are ever likely to be safe is on your own in a coffee shop you own where you can scream till your heart is content.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The sins of the city
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL