Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 05:11:43
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 
Wise words Started by: sunset on Mar 17, '17 16:09

When you look up the word “assumption” you find several definitions. Here are two that I found on Dictionary.com:

1. The act of taking for granted or supposing. Synonyms: presumption, presupposition.
  2. Arrogance, presumption. Synonyms: presumptuousness, forwardness, gall.

I don’t know about you, but the definition of the word “assumption” that has served me best over the years is Oscar Wilde’s maxim, “ When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/09/you-know-what-they-say-when-you-assume-you-make-an/

Wise words?  Don't assume shit when you don't even know the first thing about the reasons behind something and just presume to know anything of it at all~

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

A man who wishes to be rich will always dress as if he is.

A truely rich man will dress as if he has nothing.

Report Post Tip

Too many lawyers, not enough bullets.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

“I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward” 
― Fridtjof Nansen

Report Post Tip
Don't kill someone unless you mean it or they're a rat
Report Post Tip

“Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow.” 
― E.A. Bucchianeri

Report Post Tip

You will never in your entire span of existence be loved understood & taken for exactly who you are by everyone you meet. You will never be everyone's favorite person or even given basic human respect by everyone. So you better live your truth before it's all over.

Report Post Tip

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” 
― Mark Twain

Report Post Tip

Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Have the patience to wait! Be still and allow the mud to settle.

Report Post Tip
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Wise words
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL