Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:00:14
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Mort's Tailoring Started by: Mort on Mar 31, '17 17:40

Walking down a dimly lit street with giant neon signs are visible on nearly every building. Hookers, street bum's and pigeons seem to make up the majority of the scene, other than the almost blinding neon lights cascading from the many buildings. Most people would think twice about doing business on a street like this, but maybe you aren't like most people? Maybe you're a little bit special?

Walking further down the street, before the corner you were standing on goes any more tits up, you start to hear some voices.

''You! Yeah, you there!' Said a voice coming from a dark shadowy doorway. A passerby wouldn't quite be able to make out a face, without stepping either they or the person behind the voice stepping a little closer to each other to cast a little more light on the silhouette.

''Me?'' you hear the man the man right beside him reply, with a hint of shock in his voice.

''Yes, you. You look like you might be just the type of person I'm looking for. The potential to be a strikingly dashing mobster, but not quite pulling it all together by yourself in the style stakes just yet. Am I right?"

With that, the man in question slowly emerges from the shadows. A hint of mystery lost, but a whole lot of "Who's that sexy bastard?"​​​​​​​ gained. A few whispers from behind you echo in your ears "Ohhh my god, it's Mort!", "It's really Mort, THE Mort"​​​​​​​ and "Is that crazy bastard still trying to sell those damn suits of his, when will he bugger off and leave us alone?". You couldn't help but noticed he was a sophisticated, handsome and creative young man. Mainly as that's what happens when you start to deal with a godmodding son of a bitch like this.

Mort, having noticed your attention fixed on him for a little time, raises an eyebrow. ''I heard you like whiskey right?'' he says while pulling a hip flask from his pocket. Before you can even get to ask any questions, Mort uttered ''Let's cut to the chase, I'm a busy man and the tailoring business is demanding of my time. Are you here to have work done?''

Snapping his fingers, like a magician waving their favourite wand, a business card appears right before your eyes. Handing you the piece of paper, you instantly see a list of prices laid out in front of you.

Mort's Tailoring

Crew Crests - Four Credits

Suits - Three Credits

Sponsor Crests - Two Credits

On a table behind him you see a booklet detailing just some of his previous work

''I'll be back in a moment, pick your poison and let me know what I might be able to help with'' Mort exclaimed as his eyes focused in on the next customer bustling to get even just a look at his fine work.

''So, what can I do for you today?''​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Report Post Tip

With tears welling up, AlbertoTomba entered Mort's tailoring.
Alberto had been talking out loud to his late gambling addiction buddy ever since he heard the sad news.

Hate to see you have left us, buddy.. You know what I will do? I will take over this bloody shop of yours.

As you know, I fuck stuff up, so I will do this on other grounds; no set prices; only voluntary contributions afterwards for those that would have been interested in getting a suit done. Would you be allright with that? 

I knew you'd say that idea sucked. I will do it..

Report Post Tip

In honor of Mort's memory, which is mainly drunken nights of dicing or simply drinking where I assume Mort was there in the background somewhere like he usually was, I'd like to take you up on this AlbertoTomba.

As I've never had a tailored suit before, my trusty guard dog 'Dog' tends to chew on suits so I stick to off the rack, I'm open to pretty much anything. I like things to be stylish, yet unique. Special, yet professional. Understated, yet flamboyant as fuck. You know, the usual. I look forward to seeing what you can do and later bitching that Mort would have done much better.

Report Post Tip

AlbertoTomba was pretty impressed, and very content, with his first client.

Well, TsuDhoNimh, I have been trying to fulfill your demands and finish it in time, just after the weekend as agreed upon, but uhm.. How should I say..

Alberto blushes a bit

..Your dog kind of ate it..

Here is what's left:

http://imgur.com/BcgDgbD

Report Post Tip

Thank you so much AlbertoTomba.

He always was a naughty little rascal. I can't even say I'm surprised. I've been trying to train him for a long time, with kind help from Angy, but I think he gets a kick out of causing trouble. They do say ferocious loyal guard dogs do take after their owners alright.

I have to admit I was delighted with the results before 'Dog', that's the dog's name, decided to have a chew on it. I think Mort would be proud of your work. I'll leave a little thank you on the table on my way out, it's the very least you deserve for the fine work. 

Report Post Tip

AlbertoTomba happily took the closed envelop from TsuDhoNimh, layed it down in a drawer and thanked TsuDhoNimh for the kind words. Happy to have done his first job, he automatically reached out to pet 'Dog''s head, as he usually did with GabeTheDog.

He shouldn't have. About a minute later, he quickly turned the store sign to closed and added a 'be back in 5 minutes' to go and change his pants.

Report Post Tip

It was evident Amy was having a bad day. Her heels tapped the floor incessantly as she waited in line at the tailor. Patience was a virtue, but not everyone is virtuous, hokay? She glanced down at her watch and sighed, watching the blood drip from her favorite dress before pooling on the floor beneath her. Not one to be concerned with cleaning up the mess, she allowed herself to drift into her thoughts.

Earlier in the day, Amy had spent the better part of the morning poring over her mother's journals. It was almost as if her mother knew that she'd leave this world too soon, and she'd written many messages directly to her daughter within the pages. "Get your head on girl, the world is cruel," she read. "Don't forget your training. Don't get so comfortable that you assume you can't benefit from visiting the shooting range. You know the guy."

Amy rolled her eyes and closed the book, tossing it on her bed. Yeah, she knew the guy. Her mother used to take her to the range as a child before she got wrapped up in the world of crime. But quite frankly, the owner always gave her the creeps, even as a child. Yet, she made the call, grimacing as he told her he'd be more than happy to stay late after the shop closed to help her practice.

"Great," she muttered to herself when she'd arrived, knowing she was about to be alone with someone who skeezed her the hell out. She tried to make the best of it as he attempted small talk. After the social norms were out of the way she chose a lane, pulling her 38 special out of her purse and placing it before her. Her fiery temper flared as the owner told her how to load the gun, how to stand, like she hadn't been through this a hundred times. She loaded her gun and braced herself for the kick back. The owner took a step behind her, attempting to correct her stance. 

Did he... did he just touch her butt? Amy swallowed hard, steeling her patience not to knock this asshole out right now and fired off the perfect shot, straight through the bullseye. She started to grin, clearly pleased with herself when the inevitable happened. The shell flew back at her and right down the top of her favorite dress. "Fuck, fuck, fuckkkkk!" she squealed, frantically trying to get the shell out before it burned her chest and dress further. She looked behind her, the owner doubled over in laughter at her misfortune, and she promptly shot him right in his fucking face.

Great Amy, A+, she thought as she looked down at herself. Let's just add blood and brain matter to the burn hole of your favorite dress... 

DING! the bell sounded, jarring her out of her thoughts. 

"Hi," she began, as she stepped forward and looked up at Alberto. She placed her dress on the counter, obviously not concerned with the mess she was making. "I need this fixed as soon as possible. I had an unfortunate accident earlier and uh... cut myself shaving. Please try to save it if you can. Otherwise I'll need a whole new dress."

Report Post Tip

Armed with a fresh pair of pants and trousers, Alberto was ready for his next customer.

There stood AmyPond, with a very dirty piece of fabric over her arm. He didn't really know what she was waiting for, so he pressed the bell..

No response..

Meanwhile, he saw all kind of fluids dripping down on that gorgeous mosaic (although slightly overdone) natural stone floor Mort had put there. He didn't know how the floor was finished, if it was finished at all.. Mort never really had the time.. As his thoughts went over whether the Brønsted–Lowry theory on an acid–base reaction would be applicable here or not, with the probably acid brownish stuff dripping on the whitewashed mortar holding the mosaic tiles, he pressed his bell again to wake himself up.

May I help you, miss?

This could take some time, clearly the lady had a whole story to think over before she was able to speak..

AlbertoTomba had already pressed the bell about seventy-two times, when the gorgeous AmyPond finally seemed to come back to this world.

She greeted him nicely and put some dead animal on his counter. Alberto wanted to reply quickly by sending her to the butcher's next door, when she explained it used to be a dress..

Sure, Alberto replied, I will do my utter best to fix this.. Just in case it cannot be saved.. What kind of dress would you like?

He unfolded the sticky animal/fabric/fluid and held it up.. Has this woman been shaving with an old rusty machete?! The combined smell of gun powder and blood almost made him throw up, but he managed to keep it in.. He also noted a handprint on the back of the light ex-dress, and wondered about her shaving rituals..

Miss Pond, he said, shall I perhaps add a genuine shaving knife when you come and pick the new dress up? I mean.. when I fixed this..?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Amy frowned as Alberto began to speak. Why was he so quickly dismissing the idea of simply fixing her dress? It was her favorite, her absolute favorite. She'd owned it for a whole two days, but it was the first thing she purchased when she arrived in Brooklyn. A girl's gotta blend in after all, especially in her line of work. Her temper flared as she thought of replacing it. No, no, it's okay, she coaxed herself. No one is touching your butt, you can do this. 

She breathed deep and scanned the dress as Alberto continued. It wasn't that bad really.. there was a burn hole, and really quite a lovely pattern of blood spray if it couldn't all wash out, it'd make do! She grimaced as she noticed a piece of brain, or maybe skull, stuck to the dress as he unfolded it. 

"Well... okay," she began as she quickly batted the chunk onto the floor before Alberto could notice. "I suppose I could use a new dress. Maybe a few!" Her spirits lifted a bit as she continued, "I'm not really sure what I want, but I need something fabulous. You can do that, can't you? Can't you?! Yes, I'm sure you can." Cryptic as ever, she smiled sweetly at her encouraging words and turned to go. 

"Oh!" she exclaimed, "I'll take one of the shaving knives, too." 

Report Post Tip

Of course I can! Of course I can!

AmyPond never seemed to hear his answers in between her 'can't you?'s..

A shaving knife, I will add one of those. I will try to get one with a manual for you.. And I need a little time, to uhm.. well, make it perfectly shaped around areas I can only measure optically from a distance, Alberto said when she left, when his eyes unfortunately moved away from her ass to look at his next customer.

He saw a mustached FuegoSteve entering Mort's tailor shop.

Welcome, señor, what can I do for you?

Report Post Tip

AlbertoTomba called AmyPond to inform her he further destroyed her dress and promised to send it to her over the post.

I will try to make one in a couple of days for you..

Well.. OK, two..

Yes, yes.. I get it..

Can we settle at three then?

He hang up and felt like he needed booze. Fuck you, Mort, for getting me into this, he thought..

He carefully scraped all the last pieces of bone off and packed her dress and brought it to the post office

http://imgur.com/a/hw4Hm

Report Post Tip

As FuegoSteve, or FuegoEsteban, as some of his friends called him, entered, AlbertoTomba pointed out a little crew mark he had behind the counter. He took is out and handed it to Esteban. Please, señor, have a look and digame what you think..

http://imgur.com/Q8GdQlP

Report Post Tip

America was walking by Alberto's shop and noticed the fine work he'd been doing for some of his friends. He looked down at his own shabby rags and walked in. 

Alberto my good man! It seems I am due for an upgraded suit. I don't have many requirements but I'd prefer it lived up to my Wonderful Name. No rush on my suit, I know you're a busy man these days.

America hands Alberto a bottle of whiskey and an envelope with payment and shakes his hand.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Report Post Tip

FuegoSteve took a look at the crew banner and could not be happier with Alberto's work. The banner really hit home for Fuego. The colors, how his new criminal enterprise's name stood out... The cactus reminded him of back home too even; the hot desert. And most importantly the taco that was imprinted in the background. 

"Thank you very much Senor Alberto. My amigo should have brought you what you were owed for your hard work. Let me know if you're able to continue and finish the rest of your work we discussed and I'll arrange payment."

Report Post Tip

Alberto was delighted with FuegoSteve's reaction and thanked him for the trust in him.. From his glinstering eyes, he assumed Esteban was smiling widely under that huge mustache. 

He sat down to take some res...

Another customer! AlbertoTomba wiped the sweat of his forehead and cursed at his dear late friend Mort.. 

America gave him an enveloppe and Alberto wasnt sure how this worked.. You want to.. pay up front, sir?

Wow.. that is new! Thank you so much.. I will let you know when it is ready! I will make you a suit that will fit your character well!

Report Post Tip

The next day, the package arrived at the headquarters. Damn, that was some fast shipping! Why he hadn't just brought it back to the headquarters with him was puzzling, but she didn't really care. They'd just rob it later and get his money back. She excitedly opened the box and pulled out her dress, happy to see it again. After hanging it back up, she grabbed the phone and rang him at the shop. 

"Alberto! Yes, it's already here. I got it, thank you! I don't know why you thought you damaged it, I think it looks fantastic!" Amy looked over at the dress as she was speaking, admiring the slight stain of blood spatter. "No! I kind of like that it didn't all come out. I'll have my accountant send over payment shortly. Yeah, thanks again," she replied and hung up the phone. Now she just had to wait on the rest of her wardrobe.

Report Post Tip

Alberto was very surprised at AmyPond's positive reaction over the phone. He actually didn't want to bring her dress to HQ, as he feared she would be heart-broken of what he did to that dress she loved so much..

..Well, it is very busy here, I am just finishing another suit.. Plus, I always like to keep business and business separated..

..I know that doesn't make sense, but I can't think of other fake excuses..

..Did I, did I say that out loud..?

After hanging up, he took a moment to think over what would look best on Amy. Whilst looking, he saw the enveloppe America left him and his mind went away from Amy's ass again. Still puzzled of how and why people decide pay in advance, AlbertoTomba called America to tell him his suit was ready to be picked up.. He added that America could get a partial refund if he thought it was not fitting too well..

http://imgur.com/wCp6dfS

Report Post Tip

Immediately after he called up FuegoSteve.

As Stevo had enjoyed his new crew emblem, therefore AlbertoTomba had high hopes that he would like the suit he stitched together, too.. Hopefully the suits would be picked up soon, because Mort apparently didn't care about making a storage anywhere in the bloody building.

Hola señor, your suit it totally ready. If you can find some time to pick it up, that would be wonderful!

What.. mañana?

Sure.. Mañana is fine!

http://imgur.com/uAuhbYa

Report Post Tip
It is wonderful Alberto!

I cannot wait to wear this with pride! Thank you again for your services.
Report Post Tip

Fuego had received the phone call from Alberto saying his suit was ready. Fuego was anxious. It wasn't everyday you had a fresh suit waiting for you... He had arrived at Alberto's and took one look at the suit.

"This is amazing vato. Some reallll good work. Thanks holmes."

Fuego put on his new suit before he left Alberto's. 

"My amigo should be arranging payment with you shortly."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mort's Tailoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL