Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 08:37:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
NEW RULE: Bloodlines are now private for under mades. Started by: Squishy on Apr 21, '17 17:12
It's a great idea for several reasons. Sometimes people want to switch modes of playing from hardcore to casual playing and don't want to be bugged. Other times yes they may be planning to rogue. But some are genuinely looking for fresh starts and getting screwed over. This also bring is the idea of trust and favour. In the real world you can't just go up and hire every single person you see running the streets. while yes you could argue family can become mafia they also have to earn respect in the real world they don't just get excepted either! So yeh good move
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip

Easiest way to avoid any honest mistakes as far as say, finding a friend/just being curious? Use -> THIS THING! <-

If you see a name you think you might know, and just want to confirm... Post it. If they're interested in mailing you, they will! Especially if you @tag them in it.

Report Post Tip

Can I just ask a random member whose name could be someone I have been in a crew with before if he is a certain person?

I do that quite regularly. Aim is not recruiting, but getting in touch with old pals..

Report Post Tip

Refers @AlbertaTomba to the post above.

Report Post Tip

Or fails miserably as per usual.

Report Post Tip

@HenriettaDucard Yeah.. I get that is a workaround.. 

I just think the hazard may be all people will be picked up later and new players may find it more difficult to find a place.

Report Post Tip

I would have to say if age old laws existed this would not be a topic.

Report Post Tip

This is no doubt a step in the right direction. 

I felt like the massive OOC coordination of this game has honestly harmed it more than it did helped it. While it allows for stability for those who have brought an eventually peaceful reign, I'm more used to the times where power struggles happened almost every other week. Being honest, and I'm sure everyone else can agree, peace tends to be boring. I love the juicy drama, seeing power shifts and struggles. Unfortunately to those at the top of this current era, this policy will drastically hinder their ability to screen and vet arriving new comers. 

At this point, Squishy, why wouldn't they simply kill all new arrivals from this point further, or anyone else who won't give up their bloodline willingly? Will there be a rule for such? Because if I was in the shoes of the current regime, that would be the only safe move going forward. Doing routine purging of anyone who's starting to build a threatening gun, whitelisting only specific bloodlines to train their marksmanship and other totalitarian polices will start to become much more favorable to employ, for how else can they ensure their safety from the enemies they've made in the past? 

We say past lives are in the past, but how many people are there that would love to see, for example Disorder, go down? The current hit list shows that clearly/ 

To summarize, while this move helps keep players anonymous and forces leadership to judge people strictly from what they see in their current life, I predict the leadership will react with severe changes to control those they don't know. As it stands, they simply cannot 'ask' so to eliminate the potential of a threat, any current unknowns/new arrivals from this point forward, will be scrutinized.

Report Post Tip

At this point, Squishy, why wouldn't they simply kill all new arrivals from this point further, or anyone else who won't give up their bloodline willingly? Will there be a rule for such? Because if I was in the shoes of the current regime, that would be the only safe move going forward. Doing routine purging of anyone who's starting to build a threatening gun...

To be Honest Shady_Shin They COULD do that if they wanted to, but does one really wish to invoke the wrath of the gods with that kind of stupidity? It just seems to me that while yes, they could purge anyone who doesn't give a bloodline willingly, if you go around and purge everyone who doesn't give prior names, you could be unknowingly hitting brand new players. Thus, chase them from the game, which from my point of view is a big NO NO.

At least IRC was already adapted so that people can't track bloodlines that way, but I do wonder (and I apologize Squishy if this has been asked), but what should one do if say, someone's being killed because they are saying they don't use IRC?

Report Post Tip

The idea of keeping players anonymous is an ideal demand. Some will have a difference of opinion and know ways to get around this voice of the Gods. Coffee shops live on.  Poor/selfish strategy on their part. We can take a poll on who drinks coffee at these specialty shops. While one is working their ways around the voice of the God who made all this possible,  it appears some forgot when one dies they are forgiven. The End!  New name/character surfaces and that is a new beginning. The need to know otherwise is a sign of weakness. For a player to be kept dead because you died or were offended by words is straight up bullshit.

Report Post Tip

" someone's being killed because they are saying they don't use IRC? "

Most non-power players don't use IRC.  So we can figure that out if the 15% that use IRC want to kill the 85% that don't.

Im trying to leave things as vague as possible so that this can be enforced against those who legit break the rules and not back me into a corner with people pointing fingers demanding I kill those that dont for "uniformity of enforcement".

Report Post Tip

Maybe we should wait for these things to actually be a problem before we worry about them?

Report Post Tip

Riiiiight, Tell me again how Purge lists don't exist and haven't existed and have nothing to do with IRC usage at all... I'll Wait.

https://img.memesuper.com/580db704179c4367beb974b51f155935_-meme-take-ya-time-i-ill-wait-memes_460-460.jpeg

Report Post Tip

Pompeii Logically the burden of proof generally rests on the person who is making a claim, no?

Report Post Tip
Is this rule still in effect?

To: Ronald
Sent: Jan 29, '18 00:22
Subject:
Oh lol, thats cool
Who were you previously?
To: Nexus
Sent: Jan 29, '18 00:21
Subject:
Hey what's going on, no this would be my 88th character :/
To: Ronald
Sent: Jan 29, '18 00:17
Subject:
Hello
How are you?
Are you new around here?
Report Post Tip

It don't look like it Ron.

Report Post Tip

Ronald,

I do not believe malicious intent is there, I feel the first question was to gauge your level of help needed.  This gives them the ability to reply to you without talking down to you, or on the flip side, talking way over your head.

The follow question I feel was a response to your reply of 'This is my 88th character'.  Kind of a 'Holy shit, we've probably been friends before since you've played so much'

If I completely missed the boat here, please forward other interactions with this crewleader that demonstrate the intent is other than what I see on the surface.

Report Post Tip

Puff,

Yes, this rule is still being enforced.

Report Post Tip

If you review my mail it is Not in effect. I was popped my one of my own.

Why Seattle?

Report Post Tip

I aint got no problem saying puff is son.

Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL