Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 17:59:06
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
INPUT: Little shit that bugs you. Started by: enkindle on Jul 27, '12 01:38

I'm on a quest to fix little annoying things in the game. Things you have to deal with regularly that could be easier to do. Nothing big, no game mechanic changes, no new features. Just little conveniences. 5 to 10 minute fixes of those little things that have bothered you for ages.

Here is an example of one I've already done:

When you would take out a contract on an IA it would look something like this:

Futch_Omer was spawned in New Orleans.
Success! The hunt is on!

But now it look like this:

Futch_Omer was spawned in New Orleans.
Success! The hunt is on!

Doesn't look different, but it is. Oh, it is. The name of the IA that you just bought is now a link to it's profile. No more having to copy and paste the name or go to your personals just to go to the profile.

Is there a page you have to go to regularly that doesn't have a link to it in the menus?
Something like the above example where a link would reduce how many pages you have to click to get where you need to be?
A page that uses bad grammar? Bad spelling? (No I won't change it to colour or favourite so back off.)
Is there a page that is confusing to use or read that could be organized better?
A page you have to look at all the time that is just plain ugly?

Think small, think annoying. Make suggestions.

Report Post Tip

There is currently no link to the mapping page that I know of? At least not on the menus

Report Post Tip

inb4 Falure is suggested.

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin, thats a good one. I'm not sure how to handle it though. Actually having mapping is reasonably rare, so does it rate its on link in the menus? But if not menus, where would I put it that people would find it?

Tiberius, but are you inb4? It's a paradox.

Report Post Tip

I have no idea what that means. However, having mapping is actually rather common. I seen it numerous times whilst under Roman in CH. If it were possible for the game/admins to create a thread that automatically updates itself when it is opened and only allow the person that owns the backalley to open it, creating a backalley thread for the person that has mapping with the durden's locations and such in it, would work, I believe. The link to the mapping would be replaced with the backalley thread mentioned. The only real drawback to this is that it would be easier to copy the mapping list and show it to other people, however people do this already.

Report Post Tip

Well it used to be that when you got mapping, you got a link in your personals which took you to the mapping page. Since it has been gifted instead of being something you have to use, you don't get that link.

Maybe instead of adding it to the menu, when you claim the gift you get the personal that you used to get which had a hyperlink to the mapping page?

Report Post Tip

Little shit that bugs me: Having to completely reopen the tips page via going through the new and confuddled menu to get to it, just to retip to increase your drug units. There should be a link beneath it that says something along the lines of "Do this again?".

Report Post Tip

Tiberius, the thread thing is a little convoluted I think. Your tip idea I will probably do.

DeadlySin, that's not a bad idea actually. A personal is what people were accustomed to.

Report Post Tip

IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN. I am thinking of stuffs. Shhh.

I can't think of anything else. <.<

Report Post Tip

Let it soak as you play for the next couple days. As you do stuff that annoys you it will occur to you to post it here. Theres no hurry.

Report Post Tip

Little shit that bugs me: Being wacked without a whisper, I suggest you make it mandatory to whisper otherwise the person misses.

Teehee :)

In all seriousness, the "Would you like to tip again" thing is a great idea. I'll be sure to post here with those annoying shits when I come across them. ;)

Report Post Tip

Just a note about my idea, apparently you can press F5 to retip. Thanks enkindle.

Report Post Tip

I got one, how about a personal when your CA has a new load of drugs available. I got two loads and didn't even know. If i had not checked I would have missed all kinds of oppurtunies to sell it.

Report Post Tip

Hmm Can you make a fast link for us enk. for attacking the fortifications one in the crew page, one in the crew info page and i guess one on the leaders profile page?

Report Post Tip

Reverse the colours!

60 second list background for the main background and the main background for the 60 second list!

Report Post Tip

The only thing I would like to see is a 'Select All' button on the Manage >> Achievements page. Simply because it would be eaiser to tick that then untick the wack ones as no one displays them to the public.

Report Post Tip

I'm actually with Grin on this one.. think it would look better! :p

Report Post Tip

I think that Falure should be left the same. Its kind of...one of the unique things about MR.

Report Post Tip

Ok let me refraise my statment, It does give a personal but i don't believe it highlights or if it is supposed to then mine is broke or something.

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin, you should now get a personal for mapping like you used to when you accept the 'gift'.

BadWolf, could you try to explain that one again?

Grin, while I would be inclined to agree, that would actually entail a LOT of work. Probably a couple days. Its not just the CSS and such its also the layout images, which we probably don't even have the original files for any more.

EricLassard, I'll look at that one.

Lord_Jon_Snow, yes and that's why it won't be changed.

TheKing, I'll have a look.

Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL