Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 07:45:05
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop Started by: Lushie on Sep 06, '18 18:50

Lushie had recently heard how a business that her Grandmother Mynnes had owned was up for sale in an auction, Lakeview Gardens & Cafe. She made her way across Downtown to the park to be in time for the biddings to take place. It was something she felt she had to bid for, something she had memories of her mother telling her about the fun she had there as a child. Lushie herself can remember her mother taking her to the park to play as a small child. So for Lushie to hear of it being back on the market she simply had to go for it.

Lushie joined the auction and began to place bids in hope of outbidding other people. She had a bit of luck on her the side since not many people were there. But, those who were sure had money to spend. Lushie stood her ground until the final hit of the hammer went down. "Winner of the bid for Lakeview is the lady over there", the auctioneer said pointing at Lushie. Beaming with a smile across her face, Lushie went to sort out the sale by getting the money paid up and collecting the land deeds that the lawyers got in her name. "Now that's a success" Lushie muttered as she went on her way to draw up plans for the Lakeview Gardens. 

She decided it would need rebranding, a new name for it and that some new features would get added to the park. She got in gardeners to tidy up the gardens and the rest of the park and got builders in to modernise some of the structures in the children's play area, such as the swings, a roundabout, seesaw and a climbing frame. She also got a big helter skelter built in the play area, replicating The Ivory Tower's lighthouse. It had winding stairs on the inside of it for people to climb, to then slide down, winding down around the lighthouse to get back to the bottom. 

Not far from the children's play area she also got a small shallow lido placed in for people to enjoy on those hot summer days with fountains. Maybe for those who love toy boats to use too. 

Down by the lake, there is a small dock with a few rowing boats, she had them all repainted with brand new oars. Out in the lake was a small island, ideal for those in the know from the Detroit families to use if they wanted to 'hide' something. 

As you walk along the banks of the lake you come across where the old cafe once was that Lushie's grandmother used to own. Lushie had it knocked down and had a new place built in its place. A coffee shop where you can get a variety of coffees, teas and other beverages. It also sold cakes and other pastries, including freshly made donuts. It had tables outside of the coffee shop also, where you can enjoy the views over the lake. 

The rest of the park Lushie left it how her grandmother had it, it still had its hedgerows of a maze, it still had a wishing well up on a hill and the gardens was truly a marvel to walk through, seeing the variety of plants and flowers as you went. On the lake, you had the residents waterfowl of ducks, geese and maybe the odd heron enjoying the reeds in parts. The lake had a good stock of fish also where it was possible to enjoy a bit of fishing on the banks of the lake or maybe out on one of the rowing boats.

It took a few weeks for the park to be turned around and made to look good as new, incorporating the old with the new. There was something for everyone there. Whether enjoying a stroll around, time on the lake or simply grabbing their morning coffees on the way to work. It was also good for a little bit of time out from the busy streets of Detroit to take in a bit of nature. Good for meeting people to discuss business in a quieter place. Come the evenings when the sun would go down the lake looked beautiful with the moon reflection, perfect for those moonlit walks for the romantics of this world. 

Finally, everything was in place and Lushie got flyers made up with the new name and what it had to offer. She then went towards the entrance of her new establishment to open for business. 

🌲 Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop 🌲

[ OPEN 24/7 ]​​​​​​​

🌼 ​​​​​​​Lakeside Park & Lake Activities 🌼​​​​​​​

• Lakeside Coffee Shop [Enjoy your favourite beverage besides the lake - See further down for menu!]
  • Rowing Boats for hire. [35c per hour use] [Residents of Detroit, Speak to Lushie if you wish to know about the 'special' just for you!]
  • Fishing [On the lake or on the banks] 
  • Helter Skelter [10c a go - Enjoy climbing up the winding stairs inside and slide on down around the outside!]
  • Wishing Well [Toss in a coin.. will your wishes come true?]
  • Feed the Ducks or Geese. [You can get food for them from the Coffee Shop]
  • Children's play area. [We all have our inner child lurking from within]
  • The Gardens [Enjoy the flowers in bloom and the plants. May get lucky to see Butterflies! Beware of the Bees.]
  • A Maze of Hedgerows [Will we ever see you again?]
  • Lido & Fountains [For those hot days or maybe you wish to sail your toy boat?!]
  • And lots lots more to do at the park.

Example: Flying kites, kicking a ball around, or maybe get a picnic to enjoy. Your options are limited!

☕️​​​​​​​ Lakeside Coffee Shop Menu ☕️​​​​​​​

🥤​​​​​​ Drinks:

• 25c Coffee [Most types available, including Ice versions.] 
  • 20c Tea [Ice tea also available]
  • 20c Hot Chocolate
  • 15c Freshly Made Juice [Orange, Lemon, Pineapple]
  • 15c Soda's [Cole, Orange, Lemonade]
  • 20c Milkshakes  [Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate & Banana Flavours]
  • 10c Spring Water [Slice of Lemon/Lime if desired]

🍰​​​​​​​ Cakes & Pastries:

• 15c slice / 90c whole cake Sponge Cakes
  • 20c slice / $1. whole cake Fruit Cake
  • 20c slice / $1. whole pie Hot or Cold: Fruit Pie with or without Ice Cream [Apple, Cherry, Mixed Fruit]
  • 20c slice / $1. whole cake Cheesecake [Variety of toppings]
  • 12c each Fresh Cream Cakes [See fridge under counter for the varieties]
  • 12c each Fresh Donuts [Freshy made for your order - Variety of fillings and toppings available]

🥪 ​​​​​​​Sandwiches:

A variety of breads on offer and the option to have your sandwich toasted.

• Prices go from 20c with 2 fillings. Then 2c extra per a filling. [All types of fillings available. How creative are you?]

Food for the Ducks/Geese: 2c per bag of crumbs.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After the bowling alley, I was in the mood for a hot beverage and some nourishment. Was there a place open? Hmm.. I recall Lushie talking about her new place that was going to be open all day and everyday.... what was the name...Lake something..Of course I did not write it down noo.. of course I would remember it for later (which never happens). Luckily for me, I about smacked right into it: Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop. That must be the place. I walked in to a jingle above me, the bell announcing my arrival. 

Lushie did not see that it was me, of course she is busy with this place. Something for everyone , children included. Wow, such a genius idea this was! I looked over the menu, and I knew pretty much rather quickly what I wanted .  I ordered a boston cream donut, and a coffee with some hot chocolate, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I know, it sounded fancy didn't it.  A lot of chocolate tonight, but that was on my mind, and what the mind wants.... wait or is that heart...ah forget it...the English language is funny a lot of the times, I am not going to lie, I don't get it. Oh and I must not forget the food for the birds out there....but how much... I decided to ask what people usually get for them, since I had not bought any before....

Report Post Tip

Lushie was out back in the coffee shop kitchen at Lakeside Park working hard on baking some fresh cakes. The kitchen was very hot as she was doing it and she was working up a sweat and a thirst in the process. She heard the bell above the door in the front of the coffee shop, which meant a customer. She was covered though since she had a couple of baristas working for her. Only this time she recognised a voice, it took her a few minutes to realise it was the lovely Jewel. They both worked hard for the same family and their leader, Don Isabella-Luciano at the lighthouse tower. Taking it as an excuse to have a break from the baking Lushie made her way out to greet her friend.

As Lushie got to the shop floor she spoke to the baristas serving "That lady there, never charge her!" Lushie said to them as she pointed towards the well-dressed lady, Jewel. She walked over to her and greeted her, "I can see you are in the mood for treats today, have as much as you like" she said to Jewel as she summoned over a coffee for herself. Jewel asked about the food for the birds on the lake, "Oh that is a bag of crumbs from bread or old cake, the ducks love it. Again anytime you want anything here, just tell them your name and you'll get" Lushie replied as she placed in a little sugar into her coffee and took a sip. 

Relieved to finally sit down, she then proceeded to enjoy her break and have a natter. 

Report Post Tip

(smiling at my friend and family, Lushie) " I love this play, girlie, this was a great idea for an area like this. I thank you for the free food and services. I know it does your body good to sit and break once in a while, seems you have two good working girls there to help you, we all know you cannot run this place alone, lol." 

The smells alone from the kitchen, were to die for already before you even receive your order,,but what would not with fresh pastries and coffee and the like. 

" I am sure you will do fine here with this business venture. Plus with the park built with rides and the like, seems attractive to the children too, which means famillies. Does the park sell concessions like an amusment park would. You probably would not seel tons of stuff, but maybe cotton candy, peanuts, slushies, and maybe hotdogs, chips and sodas.. simple small things, you know".

Report Post Tip

Lushie listened to every word Jewel had to say. She realised where the lady was going but needed to share her vision of the park, "I get what you are meaning, but this park, that once was owned by my grandmother is mostly free for people to enjoy. With the exception of the Coffee shop, hiring the boats or having a go on the helter skelter, up near the children's play area" she said as she went further to explain that it has lovely areas to walk around too and the other activities people can use. 

The ladies continued their chat as it occurred to Lushie that maybe she should consider getting a bandstand built up by the gorgeous gardens too, for people to use for garden parties perhaps or even weddings. Was so many choices the park could be used for. "It isn't a funfair type of park" Lushie continued to talk to Jewel, "However there is plenty of room on the green should a travelling funfair wish to hire a bit of space for a few days" she finished up saying as she sipped more of her coffee. 

Anyway enough about this, "How are you doing? You do know dogs are welcome to come and run around the park too?" Lushie asked Jewel.

Report Post Tip

" that sounds great! The sounds of children laughing and playing, and well dogs barking .... the resounding great sounds of fun to be had by all. The traveling carnival too that would have concessions and bring some income  to you at the same time, genius! You really Lushie, have a good vision plan, and I know it started with your family first. Sounds like you were blessed with some great talents in the business world". 

"Oh, me, you asked how I was doing....I learned this new sport, at least  think it is one..Bowling I think its called, but I would have called it stick ball I think. Have you ever heard of such a thing? I have not learned it all or anything..my score was what seemed rather low. It was sort of fun.. there seemed to be mostly men there, so maybe it's a man's game.

Sheesh, I have ate so much I am going to have to run a marathon or something. The bolwing place sells food and spirits too, so you know how that goes. of course you gotta break some work in too, can have all play and no work, you know. I am just trying to catch up, after as you know, being locked up, those bastards. Took a real blow during that time, but it is fine, I will show them bastards!

Report Post Tip

Isabella hadn't been back to the lake in a very long while.  The last time she was here she'd found Elias alive... and every visit before that had been a major milestone in her relationship with him.  Perhaps that was why she'd stayed away.  Coming here was always a painful trip down memory lane and her whole life had changed since those happy and innocent times.

Isabella was dressed in a powder blue sundress with a small sweater on for the cool breeze coming off the lake when she stopped by to check in on Lushie's new business.  Before rushing to interrupt Lushie, however, she walked down to the shore where the boats were and stared at the grass there... closing her eyes she called up the last pleasant memory she had in this place.  The last pleasant memory she and Elias had shared before everything between them had been burnt to ashes.

A group of ducks swam past and, feeling nostalgic, she bought a small bag of breadcrumbs and sat on a bench to feed them a while.

Report Post Tip

As Lushie continued her conversation with the lovely Jewel as she sat opposite her, she spotted a lady in the distance sitting down on a bench. She tried to focus, she recognised the way the lady had sat down and was sitting. It was then that it dawned on her that is was, in fact, her boss, Don Isabella-Luciano. Lushie knew the lady has had many times in this park before, and it dawned on her that some of it may have triggered memories in her for it now, that Lushie had it back in her bloodline. She realised Isabella was taking a moment as she fed the waterfowl.

"DUCK!" Lushie shouted as she turned back to focus on Jewel, this resulted in Jewel grabbing for her gun from her holster and diving under the table. "Oops", Lushie said more calmly as she went on to explain that their boss lady was in the park, on the bench along the path beside the lake. "What the hell Lush" Jewel said, as she got out from under the table. Luckily for Lushie, Jewel could see the funny side, "You're lucky I didn't fire!" Jewel joked at her.

The two ladies exchanged an idea as Lushie then grabbed their coats from the coat stand. They placed them on and grabbed a bag each, of food for the ducks. They left the Coffee shop and walked along towards Isabella, who was still sat on the bench and sat down beside her. "Were here", Lushie said as she began to throw some crumbs in the direction of the lake, "Don't have to talk. But maybe we all can go for a walk in a little, some new things to see here now" Lushie finished up saying as she spotted the plaque on the bench with her grandmother's name. To Lushie memories, good or bad don't have to mean you had to stop liking things. But most importantly is ensuring those you care about know you are there. The ladies sat there for a while throwing the crumbs to the ducks and watched as they literally fought over each and every crumb.

Report Post Tip

It had been a long few days for Elias, his body was still rather stiff from all the bed rest yet with exercise and walking...he knew eventually it would go in time, and he still had a lot of weight to gain, he still had the bony limbs and face, so ensured to wear a large jacket to portray the fact he was in fact perfectly healthy and very much alive..

Elias arrived at the Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop - he walked through the ever so familiar gates..it was the first time he was out publicly...the last time he was in darkness, and hiding behind the shrub. Walking through, and ever so slowly taking everything in, the familiar smells, the familiar noises...and the familiar sight of seeing Isabella-Luciano standing by the lake, and feeding the ducks...

Elias walked up behind Isabella and trying not to startle her, put his hand on her waist and whispered 'hello my dear' into her ear softly...'I love that dress. It looks new..it feels new..new beginnings it seems' He squeezed her hand tightly before almost pick pocketing the bag of breadcrumbs from her.. 'you see - I told you all along I'd beat you in any pocket lifting competition, you didn't feel a thing there.'

Elias took a seat on the bench behind him, looking back at Isabella, and her eyes fixated on him, with a silence, almost awkwardly confused Elias. Isabella was a changed woman now. Would she remain silent? Or show that Luciano fiery temper than would end with him dead, and buried in the Lakeside Park...

Report Post Tip

Sitting with Lushie and Don Isabella, a man walks up. if that happens, you have to be ready. he was getting closer and closer....then he is so close and looks like he is going to shoot to kill the Don right in front of us! Not if I can help it...Just in time for Lushie to scream...Nooooo!, I pin the guy to the ground, and it starts to look like a wrestling match.. I am going to take this guy down, He WAS NOT going to shoot Don Isabella, especially here in public and at Lushie's place of business. This guy was awfully skinny, seems like a kid could have taken him on....who would have sent this guy to kill a Don, I wondered. He was putting up a good fight though, I would give him that.

Lushie was sitting with the Don, in case the guy making a small tornado under me, was just a decoy. Of course while we were dealing with this guy, another could swoop in and BANG! the Don would be taken, or worse yet, be dead. (then, Lushie and I would be dead too) We were supposed to protect the Don, and Lushie and I took that job very seriously. 

Report Post Tip

Unaware that it was Elias who have walked up behind their boss, Jewel soon swung into action to take on the tall, skinny man and had him on the ground. She was rolling around the ground with him, trying her hardest to get him pinned still so that he could be dealt with. She gave it her all, almost landing in the lake. Elias constantly screamed like a girl "Stop Stop, I don't want to hurt you Jewel" he protested. Luckily as this was going on and before things could get any worse, their boss lady, Don Isabella-Luciano stood up to shout, "STOP! It's Elias!"

Both Jewel and Elias stopped, Jewel by then had finally managed to pin him still. She looked at his face, "Ooops a daisy" she said as she got up to dust herself down. She had grass stains on her clothes and her hair had got a little messed up in the scuffle. Elias got up, no one could really tell with the way his hair was by nature, with his long locks of curls, although some parts were akin to a poodle due to the fight. Jewel apologised to him for the mix-up but luckily everyone could see the funnier side. 

Both Lushie and Jewel then made their excuses, "Were be around if you need us Boss" Lushie said to Isabella as she turned to Jewel, "Let's go get you tidied up at the Coffee Shop, I have a restroom there and a comb you can borrow" she said as the two ladies made their way towards it as Elias was able to take a seat next to Isabella on the bench.

Report Post Tip

Isabella felt a hand on her waist and for a moment, the briefest instant she KNEW it had to be Gavin surprising her with a visit.  Her face softened and a smile grew where a solemn sadness, over lost love & what might have been, once sat.  After all, what other man would her bodyguards allow to walk up and take her by the waist and then the wrist and then... he spoke?

Elias?!?

His touch was familiar to her but unasked for as it had been the very first time.  She startled even jerked a bit away from him as he swiped breadcrumbs from her bag and went on bragging about his thievery skills.  She was going to scold him, to let him know that this wasn't acceptable when...

*WHAM!*

Jewel came flying out of NOWHERE tackling him to the ground.  Isabella actually screamed in spite of herself.  "YOU'RE HURTING HIM!  STOP!  JEWEL STOP!"  

When Jewel finally realized her mistake she was making apologizes and Isabella went right to the ground fussing over Elias - breadcrumbs spilling everywhere.  His previous transgressions forgotten in a flurry of fear and true concern she began touching him and moving aside clothes and hair making sure there were no injuries. 

She could hear Lushie taking Jewel away as she asked, "Are you alright?"  Her fingers went into his hair, pulling it away from his cheek and back behind his ear.  "Did you hit your head when you went down?"  Her hand ran up and around the crown of his head feeling for lumps.  Her doe-like eyes lock on his searching for signs of a concussion.

Elias had been silently staring at her, "Say something..."  She said, worried that his lack of response was a sign of a serious head injury.  "Can you hear me?"

Report Post Tip

Elias dazed and confused got his senses together before shouting 'WHO WANTS TO WALK....WITH ELIAS' He bellowed out a chuckle and threw himself back down onto the floor in hits of laughter. It was the most fun he'd had in what seemed like years, and he...in a way had Jewel to thank. For he knew the Luciano temper was fiery, and ferocious still till this day.

He stood up, dusted himself down and picked up the remaining breadcrumbs left at the bottom of the bag 'thank you my dear, now what are we going to do? The ducks are going to starve dammit! We must fix this immediately! Let me get some pie from the cafe!'

Report Post Tip

Isabella shook her head.  "You're an absolute clown, Elias."  She said standing and dusting herself off.  "I was really worried about you.  Really and truly."  She snuck a glance at him as she made herself presentable again.  That smile on his face, when was the last time she'd really seen it?  She couldn't help but return his smile, it was a natural of a reaction to Elias as shouting was.  When they weren't laughing at each other they were usually screaming.  Everything with Elias was either scalding hot... or frigid and bitter, painful. 

She liked the prior a great deal with the later... not so much.  It was something that felt better about her relationship with Gavin... she'd only ever yelled at him once in their whole relationship.  

But was that normal?

"Do you think that ducks should eat pie?  I mean it's awful full of sugar.  I don't think ducks need sugar in their diet... I mean have you ever seen a fat duck?"

Report Post Tip

Elias looked at Isabella still grinning towards her direction 'I haven't seen a duck eat pie. But we're out of options here! The crumbs are gone...ruined and wasted..you can thank Lushie & Jewel for that. They're meant to protect this family, they in a fit of rage ruined my potential duck feeding! So yes...I must think outside the box a bit. If they don't want pie, then I shall eat it for myself, and maybe the crumbs off the pastry..I will then feed to the ducks'

He paused whilst he pondered and tried to process what he was saying...and if it made sense. He nodded himself in agreement and asked Isabella-Luciano directions to the nearest pastry shop.

Report Post Tip

Isabella watched Elias wondering if he was being serious or if he was trying to be a fool.  She thought the later and so she laughed.  "You..." She began and trotted to catch up. "On the other hand could use a pie.  A big slice.  Lushie sells them inside the cafe.  We'll both buy some... and I bet she has another bag of breadcrumbs for us too.  I mean, she does sell them."

She lowered her voice, "It's nice to see you up and about today.  Do you have plans for the afternoon?"

Report Post Tip

'That sounds like a great plan, lead the way my dear. It'll be good to see Lushie too - and not from looking at up the sky seeing stars.' he chuckled before offering out his arm to Isabella. 

'It's good to be up, and it's good to be out, and feel safe. Especially after you cleaned up the mess and rid of our enemies. I have a free afternoon so it would be great to catch up - and why not over food? It's probably the best thing I need right now....I do miss this life, I want to get back to normality. Let me come back to work..'

Report Post Tip

With the commotion by the bench, Jewel and Lushie made their way back to the Coffee Shop, which was located a few minutes walk from the bench beside the lake. They entered the coffee shop, "It's just over there, the restroom Jewel" Lushie said to her as she pointed towards the ladies and gave Jewel a comb, "I have no normal clothes to offer you to change into as such, but if you wish to change there is a maid uniform you can borrow" Lushie continued to say, as Jewel headed towards the restroom.

Lushie then checked on the baristas and the rest of the business before she went out back to the kitchen to wash her hands and to get on with some baking for the shop. 

Report Post Tip

"Thank you , Lushie." Making my way to the bathroom, ugh what a mess, I say, stupid Elias, all his fault! Looking in the mirror, I try my best to look as presentable as I can, reapplying makeup, washing my face.. anything to not look like I had been in a fight, with a boy, of sorts. I slipped out of my dress and put on the uniform, it was the best I could do at this time, looked better then grass stiains... putting the dress in the sink to soak with the handsoap to at least get some of the stain before it set in....I laughed a little bit at the whole situation. 

Once I was finished, I exited out of the bathoom, sliding my hands over the uniform for any wrinkles, and then thought people would be like can you clean this...Ha! Well, I had wrung out my dress to where it was not dripping, went and called the driver to come get the dress, and take it to the cleaners, and not to ask questions at all, just do as I asked, or he would need not to worry about working , cause he would be in cement shoes!

Report Post Tip

Isabella hesitated in taking Elias' arm.  She didn't want to encourage him, but his arm was harmless... right?  She'd take any man's arm if it was offered.  That was manners, not romance, right? 

She hated having to think so hard about such things, but people talked and if word got back to Gavin that she was seen walking around one of her old romantic haunts arm-in arm-with her ex-fiancee the image created might be hard to dispell.  Maybe she'd call him tonight and tell him herself.  Yes.  Perfect solution.  He'd understand.  Gavin was that sort, he'd prefer to hear the truth from her.

She took Elias' arm and smiled at him before entering the Cafe.  "Lushie... what sort of pies do you have freshly baked?  I'm thinking Elias and I are both going to indulge... and do you have any more breadcrumbs?  Elias spilled mine."  She smirked.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Lakeside Park & Coffee Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL