Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 21:30:56
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 … [ > - >>> ]
Whats your favorite quote? Inspirational or otherwise? Started by: Willie_Brennan on May 01, '19 23:10

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Report Post Tip

“The fact that a man who goes his own way ends in ruin means nothing ... He must obey his own law, as if it were a daemon whispering to him of new and wonderful paths ... There are not a few who are called awake by the summons of the voice, whereupon they are at once set apart from the others, feeling themselves confronted with a problem about which the others know nothing. In most cases it is impossible to explain to the others what has happened, for any understanding is walled off by impenetrable prejudices. "You are no different from anybody else," they will chorus or, "there's no such thing," and even if there is such a thing, it is immediately branded as "morbid"...He is at once set apart and isolated, as he has resolved to obey the law that commands him from within. "His own law!" everybody will cry. But he knows better: it is the law...The only meaningful life is a life that strives for the individual realization — absolute and unconditional— of its own particular law ... To the extent that a man is untrue to the law of his being ... he has failed to realize his own life's meaning.” - Carl Jung

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not a quote, but a phrase. "Shit happens." As stupid as it sounds, and I am sure some people will think it is, it's kept me level headed and got me through more things than I care to realise.

Report Post Tip

Forget the risk, take the fall. If it's what you want, it's worth it all.

Report Post Tip

"Jeeeeeeh BABY" - Ronnie Coleman

Report Post Tip

Life's a bitch and then you die.

Report Post Tip

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” —Robert Frost

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Probably not my favorite quote, but one I found recently to be very relative and relatable. I really like it. 

"We were all human beings, 

Until race disconnected us, 

Religion separated us, 

Politics divided us, 

And wealth classified us"

Report Post Tip

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

Report Post Tip

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn’t, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Sadly, I do not know the origin of the quote.

“Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”

Report Post Tip

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

The only place you're truly alone is in your thoughts

“Never have more children than you have car windows.”
– Erma Bombeck

“When heard someone's boasting,
I could smell shit of bull from afar.”
― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity

Report Post Tip

What is learning? It's paying attention. It's opening yourself up to this great big ball of shit that we call life, and what's the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass. Well let me tell you: my ass looks like hamburger meat, but I can still sit down.

Report Post Tip

Albert Einstein Quote: 

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects. 

Report Post Tip
Live free or die
Report Post Tip

'Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience'

- Mark Twain

Live by the sword die by the sword

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite quote? Inspirational or otherwise?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL