Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 18:04:41
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [ > - >>> ]
Whats your favorite quote? Inspirational or otherwise? Started by: Willie_Brennan on May 01, '19 23:10

Favorite quote would be one my High School Football Coach told me.

"The only mistake you make, is the one you don't recover from" - Coach Billy Henry

From the time he told us that quote, we went undefeated the whole season and ended up winning the Championship. Good days I tell ya!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Saw this one on trivia yesterday and think it's quite interesting... Something like "even the greatest of whales is helpless in the desert."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

My Favorite Quote, One I been using for so long that i don't remember who said it first is : "Be kind to everyone you meet, You never know what kind of battles they are facing." 

Every big journey stats with a small step. Attributed to some chinese person I guess. As a traveler I found that interesting as sometimes you just need to get the ball rolling to unlock great adventures. Now with most of my travel days behind me, I still see the wisdom in it. Taking a first step is in comparison a very big one to all the later ones. When you have an idea, ambition or goal it's crucial to just get going with it, regardless of all the challenges you could think of along the way.

"All things are our relatives
What we do to everything we do to ourselves.
All is really one "
~Black Elk

I am not sure "who" said it, but I try to live my life with the following notion:
Don't do to others what you don't want others do to you. In Greek it makes a bit more sense. : D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness. - Oscar Wilde.

its hard to fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys

"What you do speaks so load that I cannot hear what you say"

-Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Birds of a feather will flock together

I see said the blind man to his deaf wife

My kids hate it when I say these :) lol so I say it even more.

My favorite quote is by Ted Nugent. "I love vegetarians, all I eat are vegetarians. Except for the occasional mountain lion steak."

I never switched up on anybody, either you pushed me away or left me hanging and I stepped the fuck off. - Unknown author

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I gave you everything I've got Now you're coming back   It seems like you're running out of stock, baby Gave you everything I've got
Now you're coming back It seems like you're running out of stock, baby  You never know what tommorrow brings Beyond the naked eyes they're visions of many things  So when you're riding high Never you say bye To approve a friend See, you're coming again

"You cannot control the behavior of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it." - Roy T. Bennett

"I accept that there will be those I cannot protect" - Kaladin 

"you probably became more mad than Hitler when he realised he was losing the war" - Honesty

The have to talk about you, because if they talked about themselves no one would listen.

Mt favorite quote is actually one I made up myself. 

"If you don't feed me, fuck me, or finance me, I don't give a fuck what you think of me."

Hopefully no one steals this as their own

"War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other." Niko Bellic GTA IV

The wire Avon Barksdale tells StringerBell, "Im not a suit wearing businessman like you, im just a gangster i suppose".

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite quote? Inspirational or otherwise?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL