Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 09:55:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Which CL is going to die, First? Started by: BombadilSlayer on Dec 17, '19 14:09

It sounds like you've got a bone, mister. My sister doesn't have much time for me, says I get involved where I shouldn't or say things that didn't need to be said. I just say what comes to my head though. I tried to help her with some study work she was doing once and I got yelled at, and I didn't get why. She wouldn't explain why and my Pop just told her to be less of a grouch and for me to just 'have my bone'. I think now I know why she yelled, I think it's cause she was fed up of me questioning her and just thought I was doing it to annoy her. At the time, I probably was just provoking her. 

And cause it got her into trouble and made her look bad, she was upset. The more I tried to understand why, the worse it made me look. Maybe she just needed time to cool down, maybe she just took the decision to drop it all or maybe she decided I wasn't worth her time. 

This talk about purging regimes though doesn't seem like something to fall out over. I don't think any side considers itself a purging regime when they're the ones at the top. The idea is to survive, right? Well, killing folk is one why to do it, but certainly not the most sustainable. Way I see there's more to gain from a more cooperative effort to exist than an overpowering aggressive one. More chance to experiment and grow, more time for engagement and learning. A more collaborative existence creates trust and opportunities. 

Purging folk will only last while there's folk to be purged, there ain't no glory or point in being the all powerful ruler of diddly squat. The fun part is rolling the dice, risking it all to trust the other side and create something beneficial to more than just one side. 

That's what I'd like to see, not picnics and hand holding of course, but at least something that proves an effort is being made to think of more than just yourself and your friends. If you've got the biggest stick, what counts is how you carry it not how many people you hit with it. 

Or bone, in this case, I guess. 

Report Post Tip

I appreciate your thoughts on purging, although I think some people would argue getting shot by their bosses for being loyal to that family is worth falling out over. I'm also glad you could reflect upon the incident with your sister and grow from it. A shame that she doesn't have much time for you, family is very important.

I had a similar learning experience in my own family. I have this idiot cousin who misunderstands things, you see. He just tends to charge into arguments head first because in his own mind he's a bit of a genius, a view not shared amongst the rest of the family, and he feels the need to try and impose himself upon everyone else. Fortunately for him, we try to indulge his passions and we are very forgiving when he messes up, only attempting to point him in the right direction, especially when he asks us to.

I can remember one incident where he was obviously wrong in his approach, misunderstood or overlooked the whole argument, really, and he was so adamant that he was right, he demanded that we show him where he went awry. He said it in quite a snarky way, almost like he couldn't fathom he could possibly be wrong, even though it was obvious to the rest of us that he was. So I showed him the error of his ways, as he had asked for me to do, but he wasn't grateful for it. He kept ignoring the obvious factual flaws in his thinking and in the end he ran off with his tail between his legs, shouting baseless insults over his shoulder, unable or unwilling to acknowledge his failings. He came back at one point to tell me he would respond later, but regardless I clearly didn't know much about socks, even though it had nothing to do with the conversation. He was a very socky person, I should have probably mentioned that.

Needless to say he didn't come back to learn from his mistakes and I was disappointed. I was trying to help him out, like he had asked and it could have been a positive learning experience for him, alas it wasn't to be.

Anyway, we aren't a vindictive family so we don't hold it against him and he's still welcome to Sunday dinner. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Absolutely, they should fall out! This will be the effect I was talking about, the longer people are treated that way the more likely they are to turn folk against them. Then they're either making their job harder and have to purge at a greater rate, which just speeds up the process, or people just stop showing up at all and they'll self destruct. 

What's the point in being the leader of nobody? Where's the pride or sense of achievement?

Things will balance themselves back out in any case, which is why I think it's not worth falling out over it. Maybe I'm just naive, maybe I don't really care when I should. I suppose that's why I'm not one of the decision makers!

Mr Grim-03 I need to move myself along now, I've got other duties to attend to and I'm pretty certain I've said much more than my boss asked me to at this point.

Take care!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any further updates about when we can a response from Grooglez, please do come back.

Grin-04 lays a wreath down at the roadside.

RIP to "The Conversation",  6th Feb - 13th Feb. Gone but not forgotten. Forever in our hearts.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Tutte claps his hand and now finally are happy and goes to something much funnier in life

End of story.

Report Post Tip

Posh watches as tutte claps his paws together

have you ever seen anything so cute!!! 

I think I can speak for most of us when I say this whole conversation was just speculation and no one can predict the future

Report Post Tip

i'm guessing any of the treacherous Seattle CL's will be in the firing line

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Which CL is going to die, First?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL