Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 16:34:57
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
An Update from the Leadership Started by: Jeden on Sep 17, '20 00:45

She quietly walks down the street looking for an appropriate place to speak. Finally, she finds a comfortable bench and settles in. She pulls a piece of paper from her handbag and sighs heavily. Never in her days did she think that she would be doing this, but what the hell, anything would be better than the way things were now. She coughs loudly to garner some attention and then lets out a shrill whistle to make sure people knew she wanted to speak. Once a few heads had turned, she smiled and began her speech.

Hello there, I hope you are all well.

I come to you today to make sure that everyone knows that those in bold suits and slanty shoes have tried reaching out to the Head of Construction at City Hall in regards to making reparations for the wrongdoings of leaders gone in an effort to return our world to a bit of normalcy. This is something that's of great concern to us as it has a direct effect on those we call friends and family. We have been quiet about this as we would like to deal directly with City Hall to avoid any miscommunication between them and us. However, we have not heard back from them in regards to the material that we have provided them.

I do hope that I am not overstepping my bounds in bringing this to the public eye, but it is being done with the best interest of our community at heart. 

Now, I know I'll catch some trolls with this announcement, it's to be expected, but I am not here to provide a meal for them. I am simply here to state that we have two statements of our intent to NOT do the following and that has been conveyed to the Construction Department at city hall via our beloved Mob Mail Postal couriers:

• We will not "purge" as has been done in the past. We will not kill people based on their age as previous leaders have done and allowed to be done. 
  • We will not kill anyone that is unsponsored, that are innocent as defined by City Hall, and that has not been on our streets and in our back alleys for less than 48 hours or that is wearing a special badge handed out by City Hall that provides them with special protection. 
  • We will refrain from performing any actions that are contrary to the health and wellbeing of the cities we call home. We would like to see growth and activity as well.
  • We are willing to work with City Hall to make this world a better place for all.

She inhales deeply and continues, wishing she had some water...

Are some of us at fault for being complacent in the past? Yes, we are. We want to move forward and get back to having fun as much as many of you do. We want to rebuild our cities with you. Someone once said that we are not just leaders of our respective families and crews, but of the community as a whole. This is something we need to work on and so do those that come after us, but it is doable. 

I hope that this news puts a smile on a few faces and helps reassure those with any concerns that we are working on improving things around here. We need time, consideration, and your help as well. We're all in this together after all.

I hope that this quells some concerns and allows for us all to take a step forward and start the rebuilding of "this thing of ours". I would also like the thank the late Selena for her hard work and helping get this all started before she was gunned down. She managed to bring us all together to start the process of mending the rift between the leaders, hands, and City Hall. I hope her family hears this and knows that her efforts were truly appreciated.

She folds the piece of paper back up and places it in her handbag. As she stands up and straightens her skirt she looks up and smiles once more...

As a dear friend of my family once said, let the abuse commence... I'm sure there will be plenty.

Report Post Tips: 27 / Total: $540,000 Tip

"Well Said Jeden". Stepping up, Art begins to clap, breaking the silence, not caring if any others clapped.  He was proud of his friend for stepping up.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well I don't have abuse here, but just a simple question. What happened to Homey and Overdrive today? While it is the leaders prerogative to keep their business silent and to themselves, I feel like in a time like this that being open for the time being about why older members of the community are being shot.

Is not every leader not on board with this or does it not kick into effect until City Hall reads your statements? Or did they do something to merit being killed? Some simple explanations to prove that hard work isn't going to be met with a bullet would go a long way.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $330,000 Tip

I feel like in a time like this that being open for the time being about why older members of the community are being shot IS IMPORANT.

I seem to have misspoke a little there. Sorry.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

When you wear blinders, someone has to shine a light on it. I'll say whatever I please, in any manner I want and it doesn't have to be to your liking. 

This one is a sham. It's a small bandaid on a large bleeding cut that is bleeding profusely. 

I would like to commend Consigliere Jeden for a willingness to address issues of our society today and for having the grit to come out and speak to an audience of people with very differing opinions. 

However, I am also looking forward to see how this new policy is implemented. I feel like it is not too much of a stretch to ask what sort of reparations are planned on the parts of the bold and slanty-suited individuals who run this thing. Do the leaders at-large have a specific plan for this that will be publicly available information?

Well, it would take the strength of a Jeden to stand up here. Far and few would be capable, have the initiative, or the balls to address certain issues. Let us all respect that. 

With that said, Jeden 4 Auth and Jeden 4 Loyalty

Report Post Tip

I am not convinced. And Art does not help.  

Report Post Tip
Has this been signed off on by all the current crewleaders? As two prominent members of this thing of ours we're gunned down today will thst be the last of purging?
Report Post Tip

Well spoken and hope now all unsponsored follows this to so we can get back in business all and make the game normal again which most of us really wants now.

Report Post Tip

All this shows is that Tetley is too useless of a leader to actually go to the streets to do anything, when something from "all leadership" is done by a rhm and not a cl or the "ACTING" Godfather it shows how much leadership really cares. Tetley really takes the acting part of acting godfather too seriously and if he's so incompetent that he can't make a speech to address the state of affairs after everything that's happened he should just step down or be put out to pasture at least Jeden shows up and does something. 

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $190,000 Tip

She knew there'd be questions and naysayers so was fully prepared to stay behind for a while to discuss any concerns that others may have. 

Okay, one at a time. If I do not answer your question it means I already answered it in some manner or I do not have an answer and I suggest you speak to the leader of whom you are inquiring. There's also the change you are just a troll and I am trying to keep this a constructive interaction for all.

She shrugs and carries on talking, aware that she may come off as aloof but it was just how she is. Blunt and to the point.

"Is not every leader not on board with this or does it not kick into effect until City Hall reads your statements?"

All leaders and upper structure have signed both documents. We were waiting on action or response from City Hall. This has come to fruition as you can see by the Head of Construction, Squishy's, statement over there...

She points towards the "Community Announcements" board in front of City Hall.

Moving on.

"Or did they do something to merit being killed." 

Did who do something of merit to be killed? If you feel someone has been unjustly put in the dirt then I suggest you discuss this with their crew leader or one of their hands as I am not privy as to why someone has been killed in a family or city that is not Detroit. I'm sorry, but we don't share everything. Some of us are still learning to work together.

Contrary to popular belief we are not required to explain every shot taken to the public. Sometimes things are of a sensitive subject or one that would violate the security of a family or city. This has been the norm since the beginning of time. Not everything has been or will be, front-page news. We are criminals, after all, can't have the popo finding all of those bodies. It'd bad for business.

She smiles and continues to the next question.

Do the leaders at-large have a specific plan for this that will be publicly available information?

The plan of action is quite simple. We're going to do our best not to kill people who do not deserve it by violating crew rules or the rules set forth by City Hall. 

We will not kill those new and innocent by the standards set forth by City Hall unless they have been abusive to a member of the community or otherwise harassed and threatened someone. If a newer member to the community contacts someone and starts abusing them verbally with no provocation we will probably shoot them if it is something that breaches rules set forth by City Hall. This will only be in extreme cases where the staff at City Hall cannot intervene. You cannot expect us not to punish someone who abuses a member of our family for no reason, the same goes for a member of the upper structure. If you were that family member how would you feel if your leader let someone get away with that due to politics? We are mobsters after all, we don't tie someone up and forcefeed them Grandma's fruit cake from 20 years ago.

So, grasping at straws hoping common sense prevails, it is not suggested you mail a leader or other member of the community calling them a dirty fucking cunt and wishing death upon them and their family and then expect to get into a family. Most likely a mail will be sent out requesting you are not offered sponsorship and you will be dealt with when you have reached the legal age for us to make sure you learn a lesson if you do. 

She pushes her glasses up her nose a bit and smiles with the utmost sweetness. 

"Has this been signed off on by all the current crewleaders? As two prominent members of this thing of ours we're gunned down today will thst be the last of purging?"

Lovely, another two parter. In reference to this being signed off by all of the current upper structure members, yes, this has been agreed to by all upper structure as was the request from City Hall in many statements made both in public venues and the coffee shops. We are doing our best to work with the amazing people that volunteer their time, and sanity, to make sure the gears are well greased and we have a place to call home.

In reference to your statement regarding two members that were gunned down today. Not every death of a sponsored member of our society is a "purge" death. Sometimes people fuck up by shooting something they shouldn't and have to pay the ultimate price. Sometimes people request death. Sometimes people are not very nice in behind the scenes interactions that do not occur in our streets but in venues supplied to us and run by City Hall. At the same time, not every city wipe is a "purge". This term has become overused as of late. Sometimes people actually deserve to die regardless of their rank. If you want to know why someone died, again, I suggest speaking to their leader or the hands that assist them.

Feeling parched she takes a sip of water from a flask worn on her hip beside her pistol.

In the end we ALL have to work together to rebuild. We need your help, your co-operation, and you to give us a chance. Yes, there were some dirty deeds done lately, but we are not all cut from the same cloth. We are not bloodthirsty assholes with no ability to put our trust in members of the community that we do not know. 

I think I can safely say that the majority of us actually do care about those within our HQ, within our city, and within the world in general. We too would love to see things flourishing and fun again. We'd love to see the streets filled with storytellers, paperboys, and debates on the street corner. We want to move forward and not backward or stay in the state we are now.

We deserve a chance and we hope that you will give us one. If you don't, then none of us will succeed. It's not a quick fix, or an easy one at that. This has been going on for generations and we are just the first of the few, or many, that it's going to take to turn things around. The changes that need to be made are not all on the upper structure, everyone has to want this change. Everyone has to be willing to change.

We will continue to work with City Hall to make things better and look forward to doing it WITH all members of all families. 

I hope that this answers some of the questions out there, if not please feel free to contact me via the Mob Mail Postal Service or pull me aside in a coffee shop. I will sit with you and calmly discuss anything you may have concerns about. These two options are the fastest way to get a hold of me as I am a very busy woman making sure that Jono doesn't steel all of our hubcaps to make a new fort. You can always try approaching the upper structure of the crew you are in. They may appreciate it and you may be able to build more of a relationship with them. If you don't talk to them how will they know that there is something wrong?

She takes another sip of water from her flask.

I must be going, my butt is rather numb from sitting here with you and it's my turn to make dessert for the crew tonight. It's feeling like fall so I'm thinking baked apples with vanilla ice cream and a rum butter sauce... Mmm, yes, it is time for me to take leave. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day and take some of what I have said to heart.

Report Post Tip

Hearing the snarky comment from MrsPeabody she turns to give a quick response.

How am I not a member of the leadership? I am a Right Hand to a leader. As a Right Hand I am considered "leadership" by City Hall. They refer to those of us in bold suits and slanty shoes as "leadership". When holding people responsible and accountable for the actions that drove the Head of Construction to take drastic measures the "leadership" were cited. It was up to the "leadership" to state and prove that we would do our best to change our ways.

Change does not happen in the blink of an eye, nor is it easy. There will always be resistance from all sides. People don't like change. They resist change. It's human nature. However, it is also human nature to adapt and learn new ways of doing things. This hasn't been easy, there has been some resistance, but those with the outlook of rebuilding rather than carrying on with the previous status quo are going into this whole heartedly with a bright outlook. 

As the saying goes, only time will tell. I've done what I can to work with everyone including leaders, hands, and the Head of Construction at City Hall to alleviate some of the tensions that we have had over the past week. If people accept it, cool. If people do not accept it, meh... Whatever. I can't change everyone's mind and none of us can expect things to be perfect overnight. 

Report Post Tip

Snarky does not describe my stance. You may be a RH soon to be a CL as usual....You are not current leadership. Not one CL came to these streets. I want to see the discussion amonst the city leaders. Then you might get my full atention.

Report Post Tip

Jeden for the record I think what you are trying to do is great. However I believe there are still those in the roles of "Leaders" incapable of said changes. It would be great if they could come out and reassure us this is the case, as well as city hall seeing and hearing all the right things by the right people, the community would also love that. And Selena's family will be so grateful for what you said, trust me when I tell you that.

Report Post Tip

Noticing the time she gives MrsPeabody one last moment of her day...

I'm sorry? I've been the right hand to two leadersin my lifetime. FatherJack,rest his soul, and now Tetley. I don't know what you mean by "as usual". 

Any discussions between those considered leadership by City Hall are ours to have and keep. You do not have to reveal your private conversations and neither do we. If we choose to talk about the weather, latest fad in fashion, or polical topics such as we have had to for the past several days in private we can do that and not share the proceedings with the populus. We to are allowed our privacy just as anyone else is. What mob boss would want their business making headlines nationwide?! Think of the damage it would do to our moneymaking schemes. Grannies would be on the lookout and the post office would be impossible to rob. We wouldn't be able to run our 'shine if everyone knew when the next convoy headed out or who was driving the lead truck.

Now, if you'd like a fantastic recipe for root beer moonshine you can make in your pressure cooker, I'll be happy to share that with you.

I really must be going and I can tell that no answer given to you by anyone in a leadership position will satisfy your needs. I bid you farewell and hope you have an enjoyable day.

She turns on her heel with the skills of a dancer and heads back to the HQ to make sure the family got their dessert.

Report Post Tip

I think it's fair to say the person who brought this announcement to the streets would be the perceived leader/ representative of leaders of our community at its current position. Yes, it would be nice if this was a crew leader as tradition would assume, but let's not also forgot that a Right Hand in the internal crew structure is expected to be treated with the same respect and trust as the crew leader, in their absence. As we all abide by that internally, why would we not externally, too.

That being said, it's reassuring to be given some insight into the closed doors discussions, it goes without saying though that actions speak louder than words, so I look forward to the future.

Thank you, Miss Jeden.

No Mercy_Fiorentino I think it's fair to say that the current crap sorry crop of crew leaders is so useless a rhm has to come out and speak for all of leadership because all the puppets, idiots, and or just lazy people put in place by grin and co can't take two seconds to go form a sentence out here. If this doesn't speak volumes about the "leadership" I don't know what will. I mean Gash and Latom couldn't take 5 seconds do anything I don't think anyone actually expected Tetley to do anything that a leader would do so this little speech is a giant joke. The fact Jeden is saying purging won't happen when Tetley witness statement caught people in his own city is hilarious.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

A shame you're left feeling that way, Mr. @clank-02. I however don't mind being naive and optimistic in this case. If my naivety is my own foolish undoing and my optimism trodden on, I won't be so quick to be so next time, and you might just be my future. 

Report Post Tip

I mean our world is in complete turmoil everything was flipped upside down now it s a chance for leaders to step up and restore faith and what do we get? Not a single CL can speak we get an attempt though good by Jeden but Jeden at the end of the day is not a CL they are coming here because the rest of the leaders are just either that lazy or that clueless on how to lead. If you can't lead the community step down Jeden would be a much better leader of Detroit than that shell of a man Tetley.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Update from the Leadership
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL