Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 07:47:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
An Update from the Leadership Started by: Jeden on Sep 17, '20 00:45

On her way back to her apartment she overhears the further discussion about her earlier speech. Having a few moments to spare before she had to be on her way as to not miss her favourite radio drama program she patiently listened and then spoke.

I took it upon myself to come to the Streets of my own volition. No one asked me to. In no way have I stated how much effort anyone put into this. All of your statements saying otherwise are pure assumption. I want to set that record straight. 

When I made this speech I went into it with the idea that I would not feed trolls. It was my only hope to let everyone know that we are working on things and was happy that there were signs of hope. I didn't want anyone to think we were just chilling on our porches drinking bathtub gin spiked lemonade out of Mason Jars chewing our 'baccy and seeing who could spit the furthest.

That's all I have to say to you about it. As I said to MissPeabody, no answer I or any of the leadership gives you will satisfy your needs. It is my sincere wish that you have an amazing day.

She smiles and gives Mercy_Fiorentino a nod in appreciation for their supportive words.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fantastic speech, thank you Jeden. 

I think some of you have forgotten the business we're in. Of course we all know that recently there has been some pretty shady methods being used by certain leaders in this thing of ours, so much so that city hall has had to get involved. 

But please remember this isn't a democracy, this is a business. Demanding explanations to murders out in the streets goes against omerta which is what keeps us safe, If you don't know how to communicate quietly then this is the wrong business for you.

To say they don't care about the average user is cynical to the point of being stupid, anyone that has spent time with one of these leaders knows that the majority in fact do care about their associates, cities and the wider community. There comes a point when you have to consider the amount of anger you have and wether it's worth getting so worked up. 

Lastly the whole argument about Jeden not being part of leadership is baseless. It has been a known fact for as long as I can remember that rh's are part of leadership and they exist for crew leaders to use as they see fit. If a crew leader makes someone their rh because they present themselves well and have great speaking ability then they should use them in this way whilst being busy with other business. 

I for one look forward to the future and seeing how everything pans out.

Report Post Tip
While clank may be quite harsh in some things he says (still love you clanks) I do have to say I agree somewhat with him. While it cannot be taken away from Jeden doing this for our benefit, which is fantastic. I personally would want to see more crew leaders making an appearance here. Now usually the argument would be why? Crew leaders do not need to. But this isn't normal times are they? At this point it's arguably the most fractured the community has been. We do want some form of acknowledgement that what is being said is supported by the people in bold suits. My mother Selena fought tirelessly to try and fix this problem to no avail. I fear the same thing for Jeden that her hard work on this matter will be fruitless. But let me stress one thing, what she is doing shouldn't be dismissed. She is now the only one in power standing up when no one else is.
Report Post Tip
Who put Jeden in charge?

Tame no one the leadership is just pathetic and they probably needed to satisfy city hall so Jeden being the only one with a brain and some amount of character took it upon themselves to speak on behalf of them.

Report Post Tip

Whilst there are those that will no doubt complain that these announcements are impossible, I for one would like to commend Jeden for having the gumption to try to put peoples minds at rest.

It's really difficult time and those in charge are trying, they deserve our support and not our chagrin for their efforts.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Jeden for coming out, after your telegram yesterday, and watching your attempts to move things forward, it's a pleasure to see you out here informing the masses.    Sadly we live in a world where you inform people you're doing something wrong, you don't you're doing something wrong.

Am i surprised that leaders people want to see aren't here, not particularly.   If people feel things are going to be a flame, bash speech, and they could increase tensions by their presence which takes away from the message, it is better they concentrate on how things are to change with the wrath of city hall and the G-men who can lock people away or send them to the chair a realistic end point for some.

Things do have to change and all I can do is try and do my part in it as a hand, I can't speak for anyone else or make promises on their behalf, but I am sure city hall will fall back on such promisary documents if the shit hits the fan or things continue down a dark path.

Report Post Tip

Tony was walking to his HQ when he picked up his routine morning newspaper. He had noticed an article posted by Jeden, he also noticed all the controversy from the article coming from a known right hand man to Don Tetley. Tony had been talking and gathering peoples opinion on this subject. Tony was ready to give his honest opinion. He had set an appointment for the local radio so he could be heard by everyone.

Today I come to you as a leader and give you my point of view as to Jeden's article. I am in full support of her saying and I can vouch for her that she has done a great job as the head of the union of all leaders combined. Please keep in mind that a leader in this thing of ours is not only people with bold suits but also those with the slanty shoes. A crewleader gives all their trust to the right and left hand (wo)men, and these individuals deserve the same respect as any leader. That being said, I think we are in a new era and we need to ALL work together as citizens, leader or not, to find a respectful way to coexist and work together and help grow this community as a whole. As for myself I do agree to all the terms mentioned in the original article. I have never bloodlined and never will. Only because your parents weren't good people doesn't mean the kids will always follow into their parents footstep. On this final note, we need to work together as a community and come to an agreement TOGETHER so we can all come to an agreement and move forward.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Jeden for coming out here with this announcement.  

Those who are questioning the right or authority of a Hand, be it the right hand or the left,  speaking for leadership  or saying they are not leadership obviously do not understand the hierarchy of this thing of ours and simply need to be taught. Maybe add that to the community growth list. 

Some of the worries though that have been expressed  may be appeased if they see the document with all the leaderships signatures on it. Hard facts are not easily argued. This document would be a hard fact.

As she finds herself meandering and wasting time so she didn't have to adult she overhears Vintage speaking.

Would I show you the contract I have with my lawyers? Would I show you the leases I have under many aliases for warehouses? No. I would not. The documents were intended for the Head of Construction at City Hall and those he works with in other departments and those in leadership positions throughout the cities. They were not meant for the world to see. Regardless of what people think they are entitled to in regards to information, there are some things that have, and will, remain behind closed doors. We are not an information sharing service. We are criminals who steal from old ladies, drink at the local speakeasy, and play craps in the back alley. I don't need the gambling commission to come down our operations. It's only Las Vegas has the pleasure of legal gambling

I hope that addresses your concerns and wish you a fantaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous day.

Noticing the aroma of fresh-baked goods she makes a dash to the local bakery hoping to get a loaf of sourdough to go with her borscht later.

Report Post Tip

No not normally, but this is  something the community is expected  to and should move forward together on.

So prospective leaders of the future should be able to see what they are prospectively agreeing to.

For this to actually work the whole community should be a part of it not set aside like we are some sort of defendant in a court case. That  is separatist not communal.

This could also save a lot of transition time getting the whole community on the same page at the same time.   Even if there is some disagreement.

Report Post Tip

I am not trying to be disrespectful to leadership.

I am  actually trying to be respectful to current and future leadership of this community.  As well as this community.

As is the cycle this thing of ours this regime will fall at some point and another regime will step up to take its place. 

If the community majority that has future leaders growing in its mists can not agree to these terms as well as the current regime. 

Then we are right back where we started. 

Report Post Tip

On her way back to the FMI headquarters she pauses for a moment to address Vintage one last time.

I'll address your concerns one by one to make myself clear...

"No not normally, but this is something the community is expected to and should move forward together on."

I do not see how seeing who signed the documents, which I covered the contents of in my initial speech, is of concern. Obviously, we met the demands from City Hall that stated ALL of those in leadership positions must state their intention to work on things and not do certain things. This has been covered by the Head of Construction, Squishy over there... Our interactions with City Hall are just that, interactions between us and City Hall. Sorry, but that will not change regardless of how many people would like it to. This is the last time I will discuss this topic with you.

She points toward the Announcements board in front of City Hall and continues...

"So prospective leaders of the future should be able to see what they are prospectively agreeing to."

As previously stated the conditions of our agreement with City Hall were stated in my original speech and a subsequent response to another person's questions afterword.

I believe that this would fall under the responsibility of the City or District head to relay to their new auth when they begin discussing the prospect of said auth setting up their own HQ. 

If City Hall wishes to add a list of expectations for current and future leadership to it's knowledgebase then they will do so.

She reaches her for her handy-dandy flask of water, takes a sip, and continues...

"For this to actually work the whole community should be a part of it not set aside like we are some sort of defendant in a court case. That is separatist not communal."

The Community is not and was not the "defendant" in this case. We, the leadership, were. If the "trial" were meant to take place in public it would have. For example, there are trials, even in this day and age, that are closed to the public. This is one of those cases. 

And finally...

"This could also save a lot of transition time getting the whole community on the same page at the same time. Even if there is some disagreement."

There is no transition time required. Leaders lead their crews, leaders set the rules. In most crews, the rules have not changed. In some, they may have, and again, that is the leaders' responsibility to inform their members and auths. There is no reason that the community should not have already been on the same page as the actions were taken by City Hall were in protest to the actions taken by City and District Heads.

No sooner had she finished speaking she heard Vintage continue without losing a breath and put her parcels down on the bench behind where she was standing.

Oh... It's not finally... Okay then... 

She inhales deeply and then exhales, feeling a calm wash over her and she smiles.

"As is the cycle this thing of ours this regime will fall at some point and another regime will step up to take its place."

As I have said, it is up to the authing leader to pass down the information required regarding any requirements and agreements made with City Hall. This will then pass to the next generation much like all of the expectations of City Hall, the unspoken rules and requirements, and spoken rules and requirements of our society have since the dawn of time. 

The requirements will forever be available as this speech will end up in the archives for all to look up and use as a reference should it be required... Remember all of the required information is contained in this speech.

If you want the expectations that City Hall has for the leaders then request that they make a list readily available in an area easily accessible within their library.

And finally, again...

"If the community majority that has future leaders growing in its mists can not agree to these terms as well as the current regime."

Then they will have to deal with City Hall and the outcome of those interactions. We are the leaders of today, not tomorrow. All we can do is our best to change things and hope those generations to come carry on with those changes to make this a better place. Those may include your future relatives or those of people you know today so keep holding on to the hope for the perfect "regime".

There will be other faces in those top floor offices that will think and act differently than we do. We can't predict that. Your assumption that we can is absurd. We are dealing with here and now, not ten generations down the twisted shrub of a family tree that makes up our community. Be realistic. 

She takes a final sip of water from her flask and slides it into her pocket. 

Once again, I hope you have a fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous day. 

She nods in Vintage's direction as a sign of respect and toddles off to finish making dinner for her family. 

Report Post Tip

Vintage had Jeden as the RH spoke to the masses in behalf of their CL Tetly, that would be acceptable. Not necessarily believable. Time will tell. The lawyers (Consiglieres) to the CL's by all rights should be out here speaking about the meeting among their Boss's. In my opinion Jeden is moot.

Report Post Tip

I do apologize @Mrs.Peabody who are you ?

What city or family are you from?

Are you a part of this thing of ours? Or simply some outsider civilian? 

So my understanding from your answers is that this not a communal thing, but a regime thing. So we will be right back where we started when the next regime steps up. 

Thank you for time Jeden

Report Post Tip

This is the problem Vintage. The demands placed on us by City Hall were placed on the current leadership. No demand by cityhall was made for future leaders to make similar promises. I would assume that if this is something that Cityhall wishes to address, then they will enact the proper laws to safeguard against such an eventuality. I would suggest that if the populace allows for another Regime to take control, then you may well find yourself back in a similar position, after all I have 79 generations of my family who can all attest to regimes having engaged in similar practices since time immemorial. 

Perhaps it would benefit the masses for you to lay out exactly how you would like to see the world of organised crime progress from here on, given that there will always be those in power, those seeking power, and those seeking to take that power away. We will always have death, we will always have wars, we will always have entire cities laid to waste, for that is the nature of things. Regardless of how stable life may become in the interim, there will come a time when someone wants to lead, and is not given that opportunity for whatever reason, and decides to take matters into their own hands.

We will not "purge" as has been done in the past. We will not kill people based on their age as previous leaders have done and allowed to be done. 

I would love to see the reason why I was killed by a crew leader from an entirely different city than my father. My father had not done or said anything wrong or out of line with this current regime. The only times he spoke out in the coffee shops is to voice his natural distaste for the cowards and dick swingers who could only ever control these streets of ours by killing random people at random times for literally no reason other than them being older than others.

Is this a sign of the different regime, same tactics? Perhaps A-True-Soprano meant to pick pocket my father, but shot him instead (that old chestnut)? However I doubt that is the case as no witness statement has been asked for.

Report Post Tips: 35 / Total: $2,740,000 Tip
Well...there goes the neighbourhood.
Report Post Tip

The only times he spoke out in the coffee shops is to voice his natural distaste for the cowards and dick swingers who could only ever control these streets

If a person spoke that way about my friends or family members and trust me I don't condone purging at all, but if someone publicly said things of that nature about my people, group or family "I would" or get them clipped and dump'em where the fishes eat and shit at the same time. This may sound crazy but actual disrespect blatantly in the open has always got people killed in this thing of ours. Now killing someone because of age or because you don't know who they are, is purging (For no reason)  

I am totally sure there is a valid reason for why your father died Zezima2

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Update from the Leadership
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL