Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:49:23
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Stock Market Started by: Falcao on Oct 15, '20 12:38

So, I am looking to get into the stock market for many reasons. I have watched youtube videos and stuff on Penny stocks. Seems interesting but a ton of research. 

I have a few questions:

1. Are you into the stock market?
2. How did you learn the ways of the world over there?
3. Any tips and tricks for a newb?

I look forward to hearing about this because I find it interesting.

Thank You!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Well I am not very big on the stock market cause I spent all my life completely poor. However i know putting money into coffe and shit is the safe option, but I do wish i could invest in like hard drugs since with covid and everyone on unemployment plus ppl saying it's harder to bring drugs in would cause prices to inflate that's where I would put all my money.

Report Post Tip

I put a few hundred into stocks, mostly pharmaceuticals because of this covid crap. Hopefully one of them blows up and i strike it rich to keep investing. Stocks have always interested me. I had a friend from high school become a millionaire from stocks. I just dont know how to follow them 

Report Post Tip

I've been playing the market since covid hit. Did mess around with it a few years ago, but got out because I'm not much of a gambler.

YouTube, google search and most importantly a lot of research. 

Stay away from penny stocks. Yes some have taken off, but it's rare to be apart of it. 9/10 once a penny stock starts rising you have already missed that ship. Look into REITs, blue chips and tech.  When covid hit I jumped on more travel stocks than I should of (still up so theres that), a few REITs and recently a couple blue chips. I've loss money on options because I honestly dont understand it, but have gain some on options as well. Most the stocks I hold now are for the long haul. Havent got the strength to sell and rebuy in the dip because I fear it will keep going up.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

For me has been more companies like just eat, and generally online gaming that have sparked my interest, the trick is being able to pull out potentially before lockdowns end. Here Just eat has been a blessing for investors since it's merger but lockdown has boosted it dramatically.

Entertainment and gaming stocks often follow the same route, if people are off school.stuck in doors etc, they will spend.    I dabble as a broke student, so nothing high steaks, but sometimes am stuck in a stock for 8 weeks

Report Post Tip
I haven’t done much, but I have looked into a few different apps. Robin Hood, Webull, and Trading View. They are all pretty good from what I’ve seen so far, but again I haven’t really done any trading yet myself.
Report Post Tip

I'm in stock market through my 401K. I don't know much about it at all. The company that does it seems to do a decent job for me. Only thing I don't like are the fees they charge me. Seems real high compared to what  I have in there.

Report Post Tip

Hello,

Yes, I have a robinhood account that I mess around with stocks and options.

Youtube, articles, e-books, various sub-reddits (r/investing, r/options, r/wallstreetbets) and experience. The caveat with youtube is that the are alot of people pitching these grand trading strategies. They may have some useful things to say to pull out in terms of fundamentals, but alot of these videos are full hype, floof and bullshit.  

As I mentioned, there are plenty resources on the internet, I don't recommend paying for any of these resources. Don't gamble more than your willing to lose. Don't bet against the money printer.

Report Post Tip

, but I do wish i could invest in like hard drugs since with covid and everyone on unemployment plus ppl saying it's harder to bring drugs in would cause prices to inflate that's where I would put all my money.

I can see his hidden room now, stock full of hundreds of bottles of anti-bac hand sanitizer, cases upon cases of  toilet paper... oh yeah, and all the drugs.  Isle after isle of hard core drugs with complimentary mini-rose-in-glass-tube.

When the end of the world happens, you want the OTHER kind of prepper in your group :P

Report Post Tip

I have a robinhood account but I also have a webull account. I like the webull account a  lot more. But yes, I am only doing like penny stocks. Unspoken has some good ideas and I should start looking into those.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I use RH and Webull. Make sure you have the two step authentication on RH active for extra security purposes. Webull is great since you get more hours of trading compared to being limited with RH.

Rule of advice to anyone planning on investing. Never invest more than you are willing to lose.
Report Post Tip
Yes, I do a bit of trading on the side. For a starting point I would probably go with ETF funds or major brands like amazon, amd that’s a good performance history. Diversification is key. Biggest tip avoid trading currency pairs in FOREX until you know what your are doing.
Report Post Tip

I fuck around a bit... Striphe is really the one to talk to. I sometimes will randomly dive into things on Robinhood. I did make a bit of a killing on buying KODK earlier this year, and selling at 30 or so, alas I didn't have that many shares.

Report Post Tip
I’ve always been tempted to do more stock market trading, but it seems like an easy way to lose money. If all it takes is a few videos and a little bit of research to go from a rookie to a pro, then everyone would be doing it. Ultimately, the boring way still seems best to me: plug your money into index funds early and often, then leave it alone.
Report Post Tip

Some random stock market thoughts:

- even the experts lose money - but they are more likely to get it right than a non expert

- sports betting in the US has questionable legality - stock or commodity day trading is not the same and shouldn't be used as an alternative

- if a broker cold calls you about investing - such as in commodity derivatives or in penny stocks - they are the ones likely to benefit from the arrangement, and not you.  Their customers do not need to make money for them to make money. 

- if you invest via derivatives, you can lose more than you invest. Remember that derivative prices go up and down - they swing wildly - and that if you don't cash out when the price is in your favour, your broker will definately cash you out when you are losing money.  

- what are your investment objectives?  

Report Post Tip

Yes. Unforgiving fight that one. Remember it's going up 85% of the time and you will get it wrong 51% of the time.

Twitter: @SharePlanner, @EconguyRosie, @LanceRoberts, @SJosephBurns

Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yk_6ks1g1ipJJsxtLKLcA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoWjpemcumDyh95Z9KPEdA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqrI1ub1OEPYvml7L31dYA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRSur8lNUQN7uh1BDGvEFVA

Avoid info on the big magazines & websites, often headfakes. Don't pay for service, lots of free smart people out there. Follow people on Twitter and ask questions. Paper buy (so that means you make an attempt to guess the direction and see if it works) and edge in slowly. Don't buy penny stocks and better to buy ETFs or work highly liquid big stocks. I just trade small movements in SPX. Accept you will get it wrong half the time, so instead of doubling down, limp off to the sidelines. Even if you were right and it should have happened, it still may not go as planned. Kinda like sports. Good luck. Personally, I think it will begin a crash around the 2020 Nov Election time, but also, never take tips from folks you dont know

Report Post Tip

I'm not all that into stocks. I do have a robinhood account with an investment but I honestly have no idea what to do with it. lol So it just kinda sits there. I don't even remember the last time i checked on it. 

Report Post Tip

Yes, I mainly do day trading.

I was talking with a colleague about him only working a few days on the weekends as a translator and asked him if those few hours every week covered his bills and other expenses. He told me about his involvement in the stock market and specifically day trading.

I'm still an n00b myself, but one tip I got from that guy was to aiming at small profits every day. On an average day, he'd make around 500 euros. Every month he'd pocket around 10k euros.

Report Post Tip

Can't say I've tried it to be honest, but it's definetly something I would consider trying out in the future.

Report Post Tip
Has anyone here used visionalgo? I keep hearing good things but it’s kinda pricey.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Stock Market
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL