Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 19:47:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Stock Market Started by: Falcao on Oct 15, '20 12:38

My brother works with that, he's currently running his own accountant for some big folk in Cyprus. He keeps inviting me to join the ride saying it's the place to be, but I don't know, I guess I am not one to gamble my money away.

Report Post Tip

Started learning recently and suggest getting Thinkorswim free account, watching some youtube videos on how to use the desktop application and read the charts - can also find some useful "plugins" for looking at charts out there and groups that are like-minded to learn with in discord. Suggest starting with paper money. 

Report Post Tip

I haven't ventured into the stock market yet, but I look forward to it hopefully soon. A good read some of these posts.

Report Post Tip

I have never been on the stock market my self but have heard that its a hard place to get profit 

I like to think thats its easy just buy low and sell high 

Report Post Tip

In the last 3 months alone  I’m tracking 39.89% growth in my I shares Global Clean Energy ETF Fund. If you don’t know what you are doing ETFs are a good way to start. 

Report Post Tip
I don't have the knowledge. I wish I had and... the cash. It's like a license to steal. But an interesting market is the materials one, like buy/sell gold or wheat, or other thing. A country that's strong worldwide on wheat suffers a domestic dispute, you sell and whe it finishes you buy a lot. Seems like easier and more predictable.
Report Post Tip

Welp, I bought a few Moderna stocks a week or two ago but sold it before the peak today. No biggie, but could have earned another $40-50 per share but sold them when CEO sold stock at around $100. I didn't trust my instinct and pulled out my position. I hit what I wanted to and ended up in the black and a marginal profit won. 

Looking for a new position. Was considering T, Novovax, F, Slack... but Slack's price is inflated because CRM planning an acquisition announcement by tomorrow EoD supposedly. 

Report Post Tip

Stock market is so much blown up so I cant understand a shit after this covid that surge all companies and even then the market just goes up to new records, all alarm-clocks on this, it can just go down and that heavily fast so stay out is all I can say if you dont want to lose it all. Buy gold is the only thing to buy right now.

Report Post Tip

Btw, thanks Trump and the republicans for what I wrote, they will crush America as it seems like.

Report Post Tip

I always consider buying into stocks, but I'm hesitant, as i'm fairly impatient.

I was kind of tempted to drop some money into amazon or P&G, since they're always on the up and up, but the profit margins are so meh for how much you have to buy in.

I feel like you have to go for the riskier, gamble stocks to make or break. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Could always do a low-cost index fund thingy too, but I'm nto even sure what I want to do >.>

Report Post Tip

Depends on type of stock, risky stocks have the potential to earn more, safe stocks almost constantly grow, but only grow in small increments. A stock I would recommend investing in is the Japanese car company called Nio. They are Teslas growing competitor and many people's money has turned into 10x more! In just a few months, however this would be considered a risky investment, due to the chance Tesla could run them out of business.

Report Post Tip

So i've recently got into stock trading. I've done some research on Chinese companies, like Nio. I've heard of several downsides with American investors such as myself investing in foreign companies. I mean i've seen these foreign companies in Robinhood just like many American companies. What's the difference? Is this something that is best to do after contacting a brokerage firm? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Report Post Tip

The most important rule of stocks. Literally the only hard rule that you must always follow. 

NEVER. Literally NEVER invest money you cant afford to lose. Stocks are no different than sports gambling where if you cant afford the loss stay  the fuck out for your own sanity. 

Now, if you are inclined towards any industry you can keep your ear to the ground and make some fun gains, covid2020 has been very fun for semi long term investments, but it takes money to make money, and if you lose it that cash is forever gone. 

so be safe and have fun, its a bear. 

Report Post Tip

My son asked me to buy Tesla and it has done well the last few weeks

Report Post Tip

Kind of curious where Tesla will go now that it's in the S&P 500, I think it's utterly insane that it's sitting around ~600bn in market cap and I thought it'd go down, but that was also the opinion of a bunch of short sellers over the years that have been repeatedly burned.  

As the vaccine gets rolled out and people go back to doing in person activities I wonder if the likes of Netflix/Disney etc will take a hit when people start utilizing their services a bit less.

Report Post Tip

Aye. i don't think Netflix/Disney will take a hit anytime soon JeanRalphio. People have access to these services in their phones now and let's not forget kids who utilize their phones 24/7 when life gets boring. And in-person activities are ALWAYS boring for them. 

Report Post Tip

I strictly sell puts now if anyone is interested in learning

Report Post Tip

must admit banks have been good gainers this week for me with the Brexit deal being completed and waiting agreement

Report Post Tip
Looks like this year is going to end well. My strongest performer was PowerHouse Energy as of 10am GMT today 235% growth in the last 3 months.
Report Post Tip
just read a lot of books about it, however... What style do you think uou would have as an investor? There re some who are fine with investing long term (5+ years) and some others who do whats called "Swing trading" (buy and hold for a few days/weeks and sell) then there are Daytraders, but there's also people who like to simply gamble and want to do Options. So I would say start by answering that, and go from there.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Stock Market
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL