Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 17:25:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Stock Market Started by: Falcao on Oct 15, '20 12:38

Markets are getting a 'we won, we won' lift (from both sides today) but should S&P reach 3520, which it might on Friday, good time to lock in some gains.

Report Post Tip

Definitely stay away from penny stocks, you will get into trouble with that. I've found it best to buy full lots (100 shares) which makes affording the bigger names difficult. I always like to play the long term game, find a company that has fallen out of favor because some higher up made a bad personal decision or news leaked that the company is involved in bad things, let it dip down and then ride it back up the next few months. 

Report Post Tip

Yeah is just watching stocks that are either going to withstand lockdowns in theory, the thing is UK launched stimulus via the Bank of England, EU will/have done the same so is always gains.  Senate going republican also means Biden will have a harder time hitting taxes on some companies which would have had an adverse effect on some stocks.

Report Post Tip

I would also say the more the election result in the US hangs in doubt, the more future instability.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I agree Carlo_Brescati, plus 4 days of +1% is pushing for some consolidation. It pulled a bit at the level I mentioned a few days ago, but I think the magic number is going to be 3565 on Friday, start low, end high to shake out the weak hearted. I'm shorting market Friday into close buying SPXS which triples opposite direction of market. But, I feel confident in this one. The world is shutting down and they have been pricing a Biden win for days. What's that saying, buy the rumor, sell the news. Once announced his Biden win on weekend, there will be the realization that even Jesus would be screwed leading Americans through their mess of hate and debt.

Another one to put some easy cash is VIXY, it loves uncertainty and believe it or not, it's at lows.

Market is so rigged :)

Report Post Tip

Yeah, I am UK and is the usual Glaxo, Legal and general, just eat for up to a month with a lockdown in England and more expected.   If your looking for bargains here on a longer-term bet, Diageo and BAE systems are massively undervalued caused by the lockdowns and brexit, so is money to be made long term as both down about a third.

Is the same with companies like national express is half the price on stock thanks to corona, so long term is big money to be made.   The surprise for me has been gained for compass which could be ongoing, as is hospitality.  Ashtead will continue to grow as long as construction is allowed to continue as they basically hire equipment out to people.

Restaurants, pubs, clothes shop will continue to take a hit especially Whitbread with premier inn losses so if a vaccine appear, suddenly these may look attractive.

Report Post Tip

ive been thinking about getting into stocks, does anyone have a book they would recommend to someone just starting out?

Report Post Tip

sorry I mainly use the internet for any research that way, as when markets change, the internet counters it quicker.  Is plenty of videos, pages, etc to view, and some banks will do all the leg work for you if looking for something more relaxed.

Report Post Tip
I read an article that the long term forecast by a number of analysts for Bitcoin could exceed 1 million $. I personally thought this was madness but I would be interested to know others thoughts?
Report Post Tip

I would be very cautious with bitcoin, buy (no more than 20% of your nest egg) when it's low and no one wants it and they think it will turn to shit, then on good days you will feel like a genius

Report Post Tip

Massive movement this week, never seen a movement like that before. Worked out favourably for me!

Same here Knox, I had some 11/13 calls on Pfizer that I was able close out on Monday, was expected them to make announcements regarding EUA submissions for the COVID vaccine in early November, but that’s now not expected until later, either way the vaccine announcement helped me out. :-)

Wow, when I started this thread, I didn't think it would get this much attention! I love all of the replies and advice! Very conflicting at some points but it is all insightful! I have had some good luck a couple times with the penny stocks.

Report Post Tip
I’ve often thought about dabbling in the stock market. It’s so tempting. I guess if I had money to burn I’d have a gamble but I’m literally clueless about what I would be doing.

I thought the cbd companies would be a definite winner but I’ve heard mixed reviews about even them.
Report Post Tip
I haven’t dabbled in an age,
But last time I spent months researching oil companies that were drilling to find new oil reserves.
Interesting gamble as it’s low stocks that will take a massive hike if you get it right.
Report Post Tip
What can be said.
Buy low and sell high.

I made a killing on 9.11 because all the aviation stocks dropped.
I went heavy into utx and doubled my investment in 4 months.

Penny stocks have been kind to me many times over. I made a 50 percent increase on my money in 3 months while I was in Iraq. Doing daily trades in penny stocks. Many other times I have done this over and over again. 10%, 20%, 30%.

It is about the percent you make on your money in the stock market not the dollar amount.

Positive percentage is ways and increase 🙌

Understand this is an outside thread but maybe this could fit in somehow to how the game operates? I'm not clever enough to think how but there is maybe an opportunity there.

Report Post Tip
I had similar thoughts Halitosis, one could argue the drug market fits that niche.

Probably late to the party but cold storage and liquid nitrogen are probably good investment opportunities since some of these coronavirus vaccine require cold storage.
Report Post Tip
Hi all, I’ve been mining Pi for a while on my phone, seams a very interesting project it’s invite only and the idea is you build an inner circle of members.

Couple of questions.

Anyone else mining?

What’s the long term thoughts for when this launches properly?
Report Post Tip

wow I day trade everyday 

I never knew people here also did!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Stock Market
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL