Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 13:16:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Stock Market Started by: Falcao on Oct 15, '20 12:38
Does anyone on here use OANDA or any other platform for Forex? If so, how is it?
Report Post Tip

Oh shit I'm happy you said something about that Robinhood Nerd I completely forgot i have something in that app too. The question is if I have the app still or if I removed it from my damn phone. That is definitely something I'll need to make sure to check into. Well shit plus I still have some money in Walmart stocks from when I worked there I should see how I get access to that shit since I got fired.

Report Post Tip
I know nothing about the stock market. Loving the fact that an app for trading stock is called Robin Hood, like it's just waiting to steal your money.
Report Post Tip
Trading single stocks could be fun - but in that case only use an amount of money you aren’t afraid to lose. The commissions from regular trading will rapidly eat into your returns.

In reality you want to buy and hold a diverse portfolio (or fund) and hang onto it for many years to get through any shorter term turbulence
Report Post Tip

I will be rather short, or short-ish.

I started trading during pandemic since I had some money saved for travels and such, but since this will last for a while I decided to trade. I will skip the first question as it is already answered. 

2. How did you learn the ways of the world over there?

Second answer, basically, internet, google. In example, I did a research about one Chinese company, and I found an article from Reuters and they claimed they are next Amazon or at worst, just Chinese amazon. I went on the website and checked their revenues, profit, losses and investing bla bla, so I decided to invest, I earned 30% on my huge investment. 

Now bottom line, did I get lucky, YES. Did I do all the required research, also yes. My point is, google, research, read about the company, you are investing in their business, would you give money to some weird homeless dude under the bridge? No, same here.

3. Any tips and tricks for a newb?

Research before investing, a lot of reading and researching, literally type "should I invest in ABC company" read everything about them. Read if CEO is rapist or not, read if CEO is plain crazy or not, because, this can change it all. I wanted to invest in UnderArmor, until their CEO said "We are TECH company" and stocks crumbled... 

Report Post Tip

I've done a lot of research on bitcoin and other e-currencies..never had the bravery to pull the trigger though. Wildly lucrative, wildly risky. Like the guy above me said..do your research!

Report Post Tip

Because of the Virus I'm very worried about the economy because people are still going out of business and laying off people and I'm starting to feel strange even about banks and really we don't know what is coming from the big money people and the crooks in the upper level so I would be careful about putting cash in it............too many Crooks.

Report Post Tip

I work in this space and can tell you the people that fall flat on their faces are the ones that are in it for a quick buck.

Although its possible to do so, you will fail if this is something you try to achieve each time you trade.

The most profitable strategies are trend based investing over medium to long term. Most recent trends include Tech, renewable energy etc

Report Post Tip

Asher,

Strike Prices and Expiration Dates Please!

Report Post Tip

I wish I could help, but don't want to give any trade secrets out now :)

Report Post Tip

There are so many different ways to invest in the stock market and then finding the right person to help you is a tricky situation.

I would start first either 401k from work or find someone you trust to help.

Report Post Tip
I use the app Stash, if you are interested I can get you a free $5 to start with.

Its fairly easy to manage, just put what ever you want into a mutual fund and start making money!

I also recently purchased stock in some pharmaceutical companies. You know, with the 'rona vaccine on the way!
Report Post Tip
Yeah, I’ve. Been trading stocks for a few years now. I’m also profitable. Let me know if you need help
Report Post Tip

I am very familiar with trading and am active in this on a daily basis I would say. Especially during COVID when I've had more time on my hands. Made some good money, those who you can't win short term, well you can if you're willing to risk. This is after all a risk/reward game. 

I made $14,000 profit in a little over 2 weeks. Not bad for just sitting on my bum eh.

Report Post Tip

Markets are beginning their descent. Next four weeks will not be pretty

Report Post Tip

Markets are rigged, and don't always move in tandem with actual economy.

Seems one line is not enough for a 'suitable length', but it would be a good time to move a bit into cash, as November will not be pretty.

Fundamentals and Euro/USA lockdown will not bode well for any fantasy dream, it will crash suddenly and a sullen Trump won't help matters in a week.

Report Post Tip

I've invested quite a bit in blue chip companies but if you want to really play the market you have to be prepared to lose money.

If that isn't an option, then I'd advice looking into schemes which invest in the top 20 blue chip companies, the return isn't as large, but you're also keeping your investments safe.

Report Post Tip

I dabble in the stock market, I made 70$ last week on snapchat!

Report Post Tip
I’ve tried stocks, quite frankly I don’t believe it’s worth doing unless you want quick payouts with small risks... which come with small payouts. The odds of getting a super big payout on medium investments is super small.
Report Post Tip
A lot of stocks have dropped over the last weeks due to the run up to the US election and COVID
(mainly) it worth buying done now if you are think about getting on board. Personally I’m backing funds that cover S&P 500 and thre FTSE 250. Ready for the bounce back.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Stock Market
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL