Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 17:01:46
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races. Started by: JackMezzo on Oct 25, '20 14:34

Good-day, all.

My name is Jack, it's a pleasure to address those I have not yet met and it's equally as humbling to be able to call some of you existing associates.

Today I would like to announce a return to the horse races, with some subtle changes to the format which I hope you have time to review. The "Daily Races" will be held on a more standalone basis than the previous tournament, which was run by the late Mercy Fiorentino. The tournament will be run again once we have an established a wider understanding of how to get involved in the races through the community.

So, onto the feature itself. For those unfamiliar with the concept, please take this flier, which addresses the majority of the inner workings of the concept. You do not need to understand all of this to be involved, though. 

Here is what is new:

• There will be regular races run using our stock of 45 horses
  • Betting will be available using odds generated automatically by a clever mathematics system I have in place
  • Winning bets will be paid out on reveal of the results from the races
  • Any excess from the takings will be divided among the owners of the winning horses
  • Any user can own a horse, but only 1 per user. These should be seen as long term investments, similar to any frontage properties you might own

Here is how it will happen:

• I will advertise the available races with time in advance to place bets
  • Plucky gamblers will have the opportunity to study the various variables which ultimately indicate a winning horse
  • Thrill seekers may way to have a flutter by just choosing randomly or for a horse they like the name of. You don't need to understand everything to get involved.
  • Bets will be sent to me
  • I will not make any money from this

With that said, we'll open the horse market.

• Make sure you keep an eye on this daily printout, it is the master list of horses performance, price and key statistics
  • Horses can be purchased from now. To purchase, please announce which horse here, and send me the asking price. Takings will be used to support running of events and back up any obscene winnings
  • More horses will be released later in the week for sale
  • The kin of dead horse owners should get in touch if they wish to retain ownership. Dead ownership will expire by 23:59 on Friday 30 October and these horses will become available for sale

Please feel free to approach with any questions. I'm happy to cover off any areas I've not been clear on here, or in a coffee shop. 

Report Post Tips: 80 / Total: $2,160,000 Tip

Stepping up to JackMezzo Issei smiled deciding that he wished to purchase Mark's Man Ship, giving the man a soft look that was not hiding the excitement at such a prospect, maybe he could see the fun that this could seriously become. Contacting his bank, he made sure that the transfer of $500,000 would go through for the horse, his grin was not stopping as it was almost feral, he nodded to the man stepping back and watching to see who else would make an appearance and purchase. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After eyeing up the horses Bugs had settled on the horse that would bring in a bit a side dough and help to do a bit of laundry. Approaching JackMezzo Bugs said let me get that Giddy Up Goomba and handed him an envelope with 750,000. "You do take cash right?"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Being that she wasn't too far behind Issei, Nola decided to jump in on this action. She had never owned a horse before, though she had spent many days riding them throughout the countryside.

Approaching Mr. Mezzo, Nola pulled out an envelope with a bit of cash in it.

"Horsey McHorseface seems like a winner to."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Trunks was always into horse racing. Maybe it was the gambling. He did have a bit of a gambling problem. But you could always find him down at the tracks watching the races. But now this was his chance. Trunks had been saving up as much as he could and now he could finally afford a horse of his own.

His face was giddy with excitement as he handed Jack Mezzo the envelope of money.

"Here's the $500,000 for Midnight Purge."

Report Post Tip

BigBaby always wanted a four-legged friend, now he can actually own one!

He slips an envelope to Mr. Mezzo...

“Untouched Grave please!”

Report Post Tip

Thank you for your interest, all. Your purchases have been updated!

Report Post Tip
Thanks JackMezzo, can’t wait for the races to start!!

After looking at the selection of Horses on show. Asher drops a brief case on jackmezzo desk.

"I would like to make a purchase of that fine looking horse In Cognito. I feel like that horse and I are kindred spirits."

"I look forward to the races starting"

Report Post Tip

My father died owning a horse I wonder if I may claim Rogue Racer if not then I would be interested in buying a new horse 

Report Post Tip

My grandfather, the fine bearer of the epic moustache, Ron Swanson also lost a horse.

I shall relish the opportunity to put into practice what he taught me, especially how to drown my sorrows after losing.

Report Post Tip
There was once a famous man who, when faced with a monumental decision that would alter the course of his life — and history — forever, said: Let the die be cast. Allegedly. Anyhow, I can confirm that the die has been cast, and has been cast many times. Most of those rolls, have, in truth, not exactly been in my favor. Perhaps this, then, offers a more... predictable experience, but altogether just as exciting — and quite possibly even more so! I would like to inquire if the horse, 'Unsponsored' I believe it's name is, is still available for purchase? My accountant has arranged for the appropriate sum to be transferred to your account; I've always liked an underdog.
Report Post Tip

Germanicus with the deed in hand approaches the stables. Still learning to read and speak English, yet he makes out the words "Cement Shoes". The reference is lost on him as cement was a construction material and not suitable for your feet. Perhaps there were no cobblers in this millennium. Germanicus recalled his father Drusus' misfortunes with his horse, yet gazed at Cement Shoes with optimism. Cement Shoes returned with an indifferent glance as he grazed his hay and feed.

Report Post Tip

Gianna stepped forward with her envelope stuffed full of cash for the horse she wished to purchase. When she finally reached the front she greeted Mr. Mezzo with a smile and handed him the envelope.

"Two hundred and fifty thousand, for Municipal Menace please!"

She smiled wide as the man took her money and nodded. She was now the owner of a race horse!

Report Post Tip

Walking around in the stables to see if there is a horse she would like, one particular horse looked at her. It almost looked like he was smiling. Saanvi approached the horse and although he was not the most attractive horse around, she felt a connection with this horse.

"Dont worry sunshine, I will buy you and we will have lots of fun"

After paying the $ 250,000 to JackMezzo, Saanvi felt a wind passing her by.

Yeah she made the right decision to buy Passing Wind.

Thanks all, purchases have been updated, and any kin claims to previously owned horses have been honoured.

Report Post Tip

Nag Hattan and Sudden Rush remain available.

The remaining horses will be made available to purchase from 18:00 on Tuesday October 27th. Please ensure the following steps are followed to secure your chosen pony:

• Announce here who you wish to purchase. This reserves your purchase, it is first come, first serve. 
  • Send the money after reserving. This secures your purchase
  • Only one horse can be purchased per person, and by the person reserving

To avoid disappointment, I would advise working with crew members if outside your normal waking hours. Horses can be sold/transferred to other people if consent to do so is recieved from each party. 

Report Post Tip

Artie took a stroll down the stables to check on his nag.  It had been bequeathed to him from the estate of a late Pensacolan doppelganger so he had never seen it but not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth he had accepted it with good grace.  He couldn't even remember what it was called.

"I have a scrap of paper from the estate of the late Ryman_Branson that states I am now the rightful owner of whichever gee gee he had picked.  I'm happy to make good on my claim to that horse."

As he walked past the stalls, Artie made sure they all had four legs which was a little bit of a bonus in one regard...he hadn't been given something that was going to make him look stupid...but as he pondered on a menu for his upcoming world buffets, he did have a think about what he could serve and where it could be sourced from.

Report Post Tip

The late Ryman_Branson's horse has been reallocated to yourself, Mr. Bucco.

Now, onto some rather interesting news.

The kin of one of the top performing horses has opted to forfeit their claim to the nag. As a result, an auction will be held to find it a new owner. The horse is currently priced at $900,000, and is Godfathers Gun.

Bids will start at $500,000 and will take place at 21:00 tonight in the coffee shop, #Racy.

this is a magnificent announcement

Really pleased to see you taking up the baton, and will do anything you need to help

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL