Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 17:17:27
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
The Chopper Club Started by: Eee on Nov 07, '20 05:17

Ethan walked into the old hotel, he’d stayed here a number of times, but this time it was business.  As he walked up to the counter the elderly woman behind the counter smiled and greeted him, “Mr. Edwards!  It’s good to see you, how long will you be staying this time?” 

Ethan smiled at the woman, “Not here for a stay Alice, I’m here for business, I’d actually like to purchase and repurpose this grand building.  Is the owner about?” 

Alice’s face immediately became somber upon mentioning the owner. “The owner died many years ago, the only heir for the building disappeared into the Washington wilderness not too long after his brother’s death. Any other family to take over, just vanished.  I’ve been keeping the place myself.”

“I am sorry for the loss, you seem pretty disturbed in remembering the owner’s loss.”  After Alice gave him a nod of acknowledgment, Ethan gently continued. “This means that you and I can do business then.” 

“But… I don’t own any of the papers or anything. I just keep the business running.” Alice looked at Ethan with an air of confusion. 

“Ah don’t worry about that Miss Alice.  I have some friends in high places, we’ll get all that paperwork stuff taken care of.  You just agree to a sale, and you get to retire anywhere you please without ever having to worry about money or anything but your own health again.” He could tell by the look on her face she wasn’t too sure, “Miss Alice, you have been lovingly taking care of this place for years now.  I am pretty sure the old owner wouldn’t mind you passing it off onto capable hands, and you taking the money for yourself to go out and enjoy the rest of your life.  Perhaps enjoy some time with your family and loved ones?” 

It took Alice several weeks to come to the decision to let go, and turn the old hotel over to Ethan.  It only took Ethan a fraction of that time to get papers in order, and have the business ‘legally’ in his name.  It was then that he could start the refurbishment of the hotel, and bring about his vision for the establishment. 

The first thing Ethan did was expand the bar area on the first floor of the hotel, turning about half the floor space into booths, tables, a small stage, and a small space for dancing.  He brought in crews to refurbish the old wood of the bar and all the handrails.  The lighting was replaced, as was the furniture, carpeting, and bedding in all the rooms. 

He had taken the third flood suites and converted each room into living quarters for each of the hosts that worked his club and were in need of a place to stay.  He took the top floor penthouse suite and turned that into his own studio flat apartment.  The second-floor rooms he converted to overnight rooms, while the handful of rooms left on the first floor, he charged per-hour.

The final step for him was hiring his help. The servers, bartenders, and maids were easy enough. The toughest step for him was hiring the men and women to be the attractive and charming hosts for his club. The people in charge of being the patron’s temporary dates, to make them feel special, but also to convince them to purchase more food and drink, as well as entice those willing to stay for an hour or even a night.   Once he had everything in place he put out his first ad in the local newspaper. 

The Chopper Club!  
Are you looking for good music, good food, and good spirits?  Wanting to come but don’t have a date? Well, The Chopper Club has you covered.  Any one of our men and/or women are willing and able to keep you company for the evening!  Enjoying the company isn’t required to enjoy yourself at the Chopper Club, but it is highly recommended.  The first drink is on the house during the grand opening!

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Having been walking around in Detroit for a long while after attending a meeting Smithy really needed to sit down and relax with some good food and beverage. He spotted The Chopped Club in the distance and started walking towards it. He liked the name of the place, since he enjoyed tinkering with stuff, he decided to head inside. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to wait to get seated or not as some placed did that but others didn't. He spotted someone that maybe worked there so he went up to them.

"Howdy, is it possible to get a seat and something to eat my good sir?"

He took of his shades as he was intending to stay there for a while.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Her members always teased Kaya about her tastes in men and never failed to egg her on whenever an eligible bachelor came along. When they caught wind of The Chopper Club, where attractive hosts can keep patrons company for the night, it was a no-brainer for them to get Kaya on the waitlist for the grand opening night -- of course, never telling her what kind of club it was. Eager for a drink and to let loose, she didn't even bother to do her own research and instead just proceeded to visit on its opening night... only to be surprised by the multitudes of beautiful people running about the club, offering her their company. It took her a few moments before she realized what made the Chopper Club so... special. "Of course they'd recommend this club to me." Kaya muttered as she politely averted her gaze as she made her way to the bar.

She spotted a familiar face, someone she'd seen hanging around her business circles before but someone she'd never personally spoken to yet. "Smithy, right?" Kaya asked as she slid into the seat next to him, extending a hand with a polite smile. "I'm Kaya. Are you expecting anyone? I can find another seat if you are."

Report Post Tip

Smithy was sitting there getting ready to order sme food and beverages when Kaya takes a seat at his table, he reaches his hand out and shakes hers, smiling politely.

"I'm Smithy, pleased to meet you."

He smiles again.

"I'm not expecting anyone so there is no need to find another seat."

Smithy was getting a little hungry, he looks over at Kaya.

"Want to get something to eat? I'm starving at the moment."

He chuckles.

Happy she didn't have to sit at a table alone looking sad and dejected, Kaya was glad to have a friend to eat with. It meant the lovely hosts on the Club were less interested in trying to rope her into their arms seeing as she already had company, which meant Kaya could relax more and take in the surroundings, which were abolutely beautiful. "The pleasure's all mine, Smithy." Kaya said sincerely as she perused a menu with the club's specials.

"I definitely don't mind something to eat, but I'm here more for the drinks than for the food, if I'm being honest." Kaya said with a small laugh. "Do you drink or are you a straight arrow?" The woman asked the man as she took out a pack of cigarettes and lit one up.

Report Post Tip

Smithy chuckles and looks at Kaya, smiling as he had someone to keep him company. He looked at the menu but couldn't decide what he wanted. So he figured he could drink.

"Sure I'll have a drink or four."

He was about to reach into his jacket for a lighter, but before he could do that she had already lit up her cigarette.

"What are you drinking?"

As someone who believed in trying many things at least once, Ashura was curious when a friend told him about The Chopper Club. The idea of having hosts wasn't exactly unknown to him, but this was the first such establishment he'd come across in Detroit. That made him curious to see how exactly it functioned. After all, one never knew when inspiration might strike. And even if it didn't, it never hurt to experience something interesting. And the opening night of such a club was almost certainly going to be eventful.

Walking into the club, he looked around briefly before taking off his hat and coat, handing them to a waiting attendant. He combed his fingers through his hair out of habit and looked at the attendant. "Hey, can you find me a booth? Something not too close to the music, if possible."

As the attendant led him to the booth, he slid in and surveyed the club with renewed interest. He liked that it screamed quality without trying to be too loud or garish. "I'll take a glass of whiskey-rocks to start with. As for food, tell the chef to surprise me. Oh, and company isn't essential, but if someone interesting is free, please see if they want to join me," he told the waiter, smiling slightly. He then sat back, wondering if he'd see anyone he knew in the club.

Report Post Tip

SamRind was alone and quickly realized that was a mistake, he was ushered over to a group of girls having a last night of fun before the wedding, so he left them quick and thought a group of old French folk would be a better call. The music was good, so he stayed, enjoyed some food and even had a chance to practice some French. He was determined to return again.

Report Post Tip

Angela hadn't know what to expect of Ethan's new club. She'd been made aware that it existed, and that you could get your needs met there, but she'd assumed that meant drink, food, entertainment- perhaps something along the lines of live music. A room for the night, sure.

What Angela had not expected was company, the kind of company that accompanied you back to your room for the night.

"Oh." Angela's pale little face began to turn the color of a beet as she stood just inside the entrance, a basket of baked goods in her hands. 

"Oh." The grip she had on the basket tightened enough to turn her knuckles white. Angela had been to Philadelphia recently, and run into a small group of people, one of whom had been Ethan. The details of that particular encounter were foggy, but she seemed to remember Ethan kindly helping her out when she'd accidentally drunk herself into a corner. After she'd managed to get home in one piece, her brain had niggled at her ever since. She was sure that a thank-you was in order, so she'd spent an afternoon making chocolate-chip cookies for her crew mate. One who had a kitty, if memory served.

Now, standing here inside of a cathouse (oh, the irony) with a basket of cookies seemed somehow much worse than accidentally getting drunk and blowing off a handful of business associates. 

"Oh, dear." Angela stood there, paralyzed. Maybe she could just leave the cookies with one of the ladies and run away? But wasn't running away a large part of why she'd even brought the cookies here in the first place? 

Her head began to hurt. Getting accidentally drunk again seemed like a pretty good idea right about now.

Joesph, the head waiter that Ethan left to run the club while he was away on business, was happy to show the new patrons to their seats. After taking Ashura's coat, he gave the patron a polite smile as he responded, "All our hostesses are interesting. In one way or another, of this I can assure you.  The club's owner puts all the ladies through a very..." Joesph paused to find the right word, "rigorous, interview process.  Miss Lillian is available, I'll send her over with your drink order." 

A few moments later an auburn-haired woman with warm brown eyes, the color of burnt caramel strolled up to Ashura's booth sliding in next to him.  Her voice was sweet and warm, carrying a slight hint of a southern accent to it. "Hey there sugar, Joey tells me you're lookin' for someone ta keep ya company t'night."  She placed the glass down in front of her and slid it over towards Ashura. "Here's your whiskey. Chef's makin' ya one of his shooters, loves them sandwiches.  Makes 'em every chance he gets.  Name's Lillian, you can call Lilly.  What's yours?" 

Home.  There was no place Ethan was happy to be than back in Detroit for longer than just an overnight to get some change of clothes before the next business trip.  From his frequent calls back to his new club, he knew from the Maitre D' he left in charge while he was away that Ethan had plenty of paperwork waiting for him back at The Chopper Club.  So after a long hot shower and a bite to eat he made his way back to his club to get started on things.  As he got in sight of the front doors he had watched Monkey_Schrute wander into his club.

"Oh man," he thought to himself, "I hope she knows what she's walking into. It could be quite a shock if she doesn't..." He chuckled to himself, he couldn't help it despite feeling like a bit of a jerk in doing so.  

Ethan got his answer to that question when he walked into the club and found his superior standing there, white-knuckled while gripping a basket of some sort.  A thought popped into his head, which caused a Cheshire grin to spread across his face. "I shouldn't.. but I am." He thought to himself as he walked up to Angela. 

When he got close behind her, he placed his hand at the small of her back and leaned in close to her ear, and softly spoke, "Hey there sweetheart, you looking for some company this evening?" 

oooooooooh finally a club that i can enjoy

Am I allowed to get my chopper out and play with it?

Report Post Tip

"GAH!" Angela jumped, cookies flew. "Ethan Elijah Edwards, I should take you over my knee and paddle your behind!" Heads began to turn in anticipation of the bonus show. Angela sighed, dragging her hand across her face to compose herself.

"I'm very sorry. Again. I understand you kept an eye out for me in that Philadelphia club, and- what the heck is that?!" A spring of a man flounced by, uttering nonsense. Angela watched him for a moment, then shook her head. 

"As I was saying, I just wanted to show my thanks." She lifted the basket up, which was still quite full despite the rogue cookies that had rolled away on the carpet. "I may have overbaked. You could always share them with the, with your, um. You could always share them with the staff here." She lifted the basket a little higher and tried to smile her way through her discomfort. "It's, um, it's a nice place in here, the building is. Have you registered it with Detroit's historical society? The building, not the.... okay I'm terrible at this. Please say hello to your kitty for me." Angela's eyes met those of one of the passing ladies, who winked. Whatever bit of color left in Angela's face immediately drained away. 

Report Post Tip

Hanabi heard some people talk about a newly opened club. It was, however, not the typical club but apparently straight fire and she even heard that it belonged to Eee who was part of the same crew as she was and therefore family. How could the woman not take the time to give him a little visit and check the club out? Now Hanabi was not someone to often dress fancy or particularly pretty. If anything, it is most likely to find her with a kimono, yukata or training wear for her sword training and archery. However, to visit such a club, especially on its opening day she did want to try to look at least good and therefore she could not help but visit the shopping district of the city. Not the district for the middle-class though she always visits the ones for the high society.

A few hours pass before she appears in front of the club, wearing a black dress as well as fitting black heels. What other places to first check out but the bar? She tried to go with her comfort drink the sake if they got it if not, she asked for any recommendations. Of course, she would also greet the people she knew.

One of the hosts, a black-haired bright blue-eyed young man, stopped in his tracks and stared at Ethan when he heard Angela use his full name towards him.   "Ethan Elijah boss?  I thought your name was Eli..." he playfully said, giving Ethan a roguish smile.

"There are women in the bar sitting alone... make sure they WANT it that way." Ethan put a strong emphasis on the word want. "Now get to work James." 

He turned his attention back to the woman in front of him, walking around to face her as she apologized to him once more. His eyes took note of the baked goods that fell to the floor when he startled Monkey_Schrute, and a tinge of guilt hit him. "Angela, you have nothing to say sorry to me for.  I should be the one saying sorry to you, for doing acting the way I did towards you when you're just being nice."  He could see the discomfort on her face as she continued to speak. He looked around and gave a disapproving look to the woman who winked at Angela, and he lightly took the basket from her. "Come on Ange, let's go have a seat at one of the back booths.  It'll be a little quieter there and you won't have the hosts trying to lure you into a date with them either.  Not that I can really blame them." 

He offered her his arm, and quietly but earnestly said, "You're welcome for back in Philly.  You're family, it's what we do for each other."  He smiled before he used his arm to motion towards the quieter area at the back of the bar, "Shall we?" 

Movement towards the bar from behind him caught his attention, and he couldn't help but stare at the woman in the black dress that entered. "Is.. is that... Hanabi ?" He asked Angela, as his eyes stayed fixed on the woman in the black dress. "She looks amazing!"

Marcus, the 50yr old grumpy and no-nonsense bartender.  He was slightly overweight, but the way he was built one would never be able to tell. His dark, nearly black, hair was streaking with gray and silver but his green eyes were still as bright as when he was a young lad.   Those bright green eyes looked over  Hanabi as she asked for Sake. "You must be the one Mr. Edwards had us buy this expensive stuff for, Sah-Kay.  Always thought it was just sake.  Learned something, guess you can teach an old dog."  He muttered as he gently poured the drink into a fine, simple white ceramic choko.

The young man that teased his boss took instant notice and liking to Hanabi, he sauntered over to her and put on his best charming smile. "Hello there gorgeous.  My name's James, and I couldn't help but notice that you're here alone tonight.  May I offer you some company? I would love to be your date this evening." 

Report Post Tip

The woman cannot help but look all around her as she is sitting at the bar. Not too comfortable too sit here but not too bad either is what she is thinking. She notices some familiar faces and a ton of not so familiar ones. She is not really one to spend too much time with people that she does not know and never has been. Just like her family, her friend circle and the one that she hangs out with is usually tiny. As she spots Eee and Monkey_Schrute the woman cannot help herself but wave at them to give a brief hi.

Too bad she could not hear the compliment of the woman with him as who does not enjoy to hear them after all? She looks into the eyes of Marcus and has no issues staring him into the eyes without being intimidated in any sorts. Hanabi is a nice girl but from a very dark family and so was most of her social circle before arriving in this country. Much to her surprise they actually have sake her, and she gets it poured in by him as well ''I am surprised but very pleased to find sake so commonly in this country. In Japan it is impossible not to have sake as it gets used to all kinds of rituals'' she smiles and takes a sip.

Shortly after some young man comes to sit next to her as she is just enjoying her cup of sake, she eyes him for a brief moment and smiles back 
''I don´t mind you keeping me some company here. Right now I don´t have much to do anyway'' she laughs.

Report Post Tip

Marcus just grunted in response to Hanabi 's surprise at having sake at the bar. "Ya can thank the owner for that.  Bastard was insistent on getting and keeping a couple of bottles in stock.  Said he had a family member he was sure would appreciate it. I assume that's you, but if it ain't, the guy's over there."  Marcus pointed a finger to where Ethan was. 

James gave a laugh, "No need to call the boss a bastard Marcus.  He's a good enough guy." 

Marcus once again just grunted, slid James a tumbler full of ice water, then walked away to tend to other patrons at the bar.  James watched the old man walk away, then draped his arm around the back of Hanabi's chair, and a bright smile crossed his face when he heard her agree for him to keep her company for the time being.  "Well consider me a lucky fellow to keep the company of so lovely a woman.  So tell me some things about yourself.   Where are you from?  What brings you to the club this evening? What may I call you?"  The black-haired young man took a sip of his drink then asked with a playful friendliness, "You can ask me whatever you like, I'm an open book." 

Report Post Tip

She cannot help but grin when she hears the chuckle. A response that she was well too used to since arriving here in this country and constantly asking for sake as her preferred choice of alcoholic drink no matter in what city she is. Much to her surprise, a lot of restaurants and bar had it as as an available choice for customers like her when just asking the staff even if it was not listed on the menus. The woman takes a little sip of the cup of sake and closes her eyes briefly as she enjoys the drink warming her up. ''Give him my thanks in case you see him before I do'' she honestly mentions to the bartender.

Now she would return her attention to the man who sat down next to her while resting her chin against the palm of her hand. 
''Well I am Hanabi, and I am also Japanese. I came to this country about a month ago and will most likely also stay here. I heard that Eee opened a club and wanted to visit it. I know him quite well, and we also work together so it would have been rude not to do so.'' She smiles, being honest. ''Tell me what do you do? What is your job, and why did you come here?''

Report Post Tip

After a long and stressful day Gyp makes his way home

Not long after he reaches home his best friend Bobby comes over

Bobby: Hey asshole put on something decent we're going out.

Gyp: Forget about it, i need a night out . My day has been crazy. 

After about thirty minutes Gyp gets ready and they head to The Chopper Club

As they walk in they're greeted by the hostess

Gyp: We need a booth please and have them bring over two bottles of champagne to start.  

Report Post Tip

"She cleans up really nice doesn't she Angela?" Ethan said with a smile before turning back around, only to find himself standing alone holding the basket of cookies.   The smile quickly left his face, and his mood instantly sobered.  "She's gone..." he spoke to little more than the air itself.  He sighed as he took a few minutes to look around for her, asking some of the help if they'd seen what happened to the woman he was with but still came up empty.  Ethan panned his attention back to Hanabi , since he wanted to thank her for stopping by his club.  He took notice that the young man that gave him flack earlier was currently entertaining his co-worker.  He was glad to see her enjoying herself and decided to not interrupt.  He'd thank her for her patronage later. 

He quietly made his way into his office, scolding himself for the way he behaved.  He kept reminding himself that no matter how hard he tried his ineptitude in social interactions meant he was probably best to simply continue to just keep to himself.  Still, he wanted to apologize to his co-worker and thank her for the basket of cookies. 

Angela,

First, let me say thank you for the basket of cookies. It was mighty kind of you to bring them by, they're fantastic.  Biggest reason for the not is to say I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.  You were looking pale, and I thought you might feel better after having a sit down. I had no intentions of embarassing you, and showing you such disrespect with anything I said or did  I hope you'll accept my sincerest appologies.

~E

PS.  Patches says she'd be happy to tell you hi in person should you ever stop by again. 

Ethan folded up the paper, and called in one of the hosts that wasn't busy at the time.   The tall, slender youth who was barely 20 years old sauntered up to his boss' office door. 

"What ya need Mr. Edwards?" He asked.

Ethan handed him the envelope containing the note a small handful of bills.  "Georgie, I need you to go to that store with all the pet supplies and buy the biggest bag of cat nip they're willing to sell ya, then I need ya to take that and this note to Monkey_Schrute .  Her address is on the back of this envelope.  You tell her I'm sorry a'right.  None of the host showbiz, be sincere.  Don't embarass me more than I've already embarassed myself." 

"Catnip boss?  You don't use that to appologize to a lady..." Georgie looked at his boss in utter confusion.

An audible groan escaped Ethan's lips as his fingers rubbed against his temple... "She's my coworker, not my lady.  She likes cats..." He paused for a moment before lightly shaking his head clear. "I don't need to explain myself to you.  Just do as I say, you'll have the rest of the night off, and can keep whatever cash is left over."  Ethan leaned in close to Georgie, his tone was quiet and serious "If you even think about skimping on this task, and just taking the day off without doing it. I assure you, that note will not be the only thing that goes missing... do you understand?"  

Georgie nodded quickly before he headed out the door. 

"Japan huh? That's fantasic.  I've never been anywheres outside Detroit before.  What's your country like?"  James asked enthusiasticly.  He took a sip of glass of water and admired how beautiful he found Hanabi to be.  "Are all the Japanese ladies as pretty as you?" 

James choked on his drink as he laughed at himself.  "Sorry, Miss Hanabi.  Where are my manners?  You were asking about myself.   As for what I do, well I'm a host at this club.  See you work with Mr. Edwards and I work FOR him. It's my job to keep folks company and act as their date for the evening, help folks to enjoy their stay at the club. So whatever you desire, it is my command.  If you want to sit and talk, we sit and talk.  If you want something more private and intimate, I can take you to one of the rooms.  Wanna dance we dance? Play poker... well you get the idea.  As for why I work here... well, it pays well and Eli, well Mr. Edwards is a good guy.  Totally inept when it comes to being social, but he means well. Most of the time."

The young back haired man smiled at the woman at his side, and his bright blue eyes seemed to sparkle in the club's lights. "I have to say though, and I'm being honest here miss.  Don't get many women as lovely as you." 

Report Post Tip

Zeb waits patiently for a member of staff to answer his question.

I'm really keen to join in with all the festivities available in this fine establishment, and I really wanted to play with my own chopper.  If that's a bit of a no-no, can i get a drink?

Zeb takes a seat in a booth

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Chopper Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL