Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 17:28:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
The book was better than the movie! Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Dec 10, '20 00:19

Isn't the book always better than the movie?

The only exception I can think of is The Godfather. The director did a great job there skipping a load of Puzo's useless book filling..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hunter S. Thompson's Rum Diary was a lot better than the movie. They changed the story too much, and it was overall just lame. Will not watch again. 

I like the harry potter movies, but my sister said the though the films are good the books are better cause theres so much more detail and that the films also miss out on certain part of the books that make the books so much better to read

Report Post Tip
READY PLAYER ONE!
Report Post Tip

I agree Wip, "Ready Player One" was an awesome book. I still enjoyed the movie but so much was missing/skipped over. ( I was so hoping the first key would be like the book. Also, if you have not, you must read Ready Player Two!) A lot of movies I thought of have already been posted here, so I will pick a different one. "Starship Troopers" was an epic book. I actually enjoyed the movie (good popcorn action flick), but it was so unlike the book it's not funny. Same can be said for Dune. (I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up with the new Dune...)

Report Post Tip
I’m in the midst of reading Ready Player Two right now actually Enrai

I’ve enjoyed it so far but I just feel like they took out the magical feeling of the book with that movie.

The treasure hunt was pretty much scrapped to just pieces.

The list is honestly endless for me, I have yet to come across an adaptation that has done justice to the world I've created in my mind. I don't know if thats because my mind is so fantatical, or if people are awful. 

The worst ones: 

1.) Eragon - Although there is tale that this movie was made and is awful, I don't think it exists. Much like the Last Air Bender Movie, its a figment of our imaginations. 

2.) Ready Player One - The book was fun, the movie was 574938543 references for people trying to be cool like they know stuff thats nerdy

3.) ASOIAF - Not a movie, but god what a load of fucking shite that ended up being after season one. 

Report Post Tip

Books take too long so I have to say movies will always be the winner for me. :) 

Report Post Tip

While the movies were pretty solid, I have to say that the Harry Potter series could've been so much better. So I will always pick the books instead of the movies.

Report Post Tip
I'll be honest I myself have always prefered movies or t.v. series over books but after Game of Thrones and realizing how much they really left out of the lore and like lady stoneheart amongst other things ia a bummer not to mention they just shit on the whole series in 3 episodes which is impressive lol I'd agree with some saying the Harry potter books but I've only read the first two and still really like the movies
Report Post Tip

Narnia.

The books were so rich and got better as they went (for the first 3, books 4 and 5 were let downs for sure) But the movies got worse. My least favorite movie was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader because it just didn't feel like Narnia, but the book was my favorite because of the way it blended this new scenery and idea into the world of Narnia

Report Post Tip

There is no book better than the movie! 

I don't enjoy reading may have a big part to play I guess my imagination isn't the best, I like to relax and have a visual representation of what's happening 

Report Post Tip

Disagree Borat, Using Harry potter as an example because well.. I'm a kid at heart, reading all of the books then watching the movie while yes the movie was pretty good there are so many scenes I wish i had seen in the movie that were only present in the book. The movies don't really give you the depth on the character compared to the book.

Rose Red by Stephen king was another, although Lord of the rings was impressive while i wasn't into it, i read a little bit of the book i preferred the movie a margin more only with how feck long it goes for -.- 

Report Post Tip

The Hobbit.

Not everyone liked The Lord of the Rings movies and that's fine, but they were objectively excellent movies by just about any standard: box office success, popular, won a boatload of Oscars, etc. The people who dislike it tend to either not care for the genre or be such huge fans of the books that they hated having elements chopped out.

The Hobbit, however, was a nice little book that got stretched into a bloated, ridiculous, special effect fest lacking many other special things with a stupid love triangle thrown in for no reason... and the book is absolutely better.

Report Post Tip
I'd have to say the movie for 'Ender's Game' was ok but it wasn't nearly as good as the book. It cut out a lot of the really good stuff to make it shorter than it should have been.
Report Post Tip

I loved the Inheritance cycle when I was little, but the movie was shithouse awful. And honestly, having looked back at it, the books aren't as good as I remember either. The main reason they got published was because the author's parents owned a publishing house. I think I'd still enjoy re-reading it, though. I just wish the entire damn plot didn't depend on a deus ex machina because the author wrote himself into like fifteen different corners.

Report Post Tip

Peter Rabbit

Paddington

Winnie the Poo

Any Chronicles of Narnia

Debbie does Dallas

The BFG

Report Post Tip

Matilda

Charlie and the Chocolate factory (70's one)

Hannibal

Black Sunday

They all changed the plot or story and details from the books way too much and unnecessarliy 

Report Post Tip
I didn't read them but I'm pretty sure that Harry Potter and game of thrones are much better in the books than the movies.
Books usuay have more details and better events.
Report Post Tip
While I agree there are great adaptions out there, I think it's pretty hard for a movie to be better than a book. Of course there are those that are not into reading, but books are so more full of details.I say that based on my experience with The Godfather, Harry Potter and a few others. The movies were fucking great, no doubt. But the books are simply richer :)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The book was better than the movie!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL