Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 16:47:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
The book was better than the movie! Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Dec 10, '20 00:19

I see first reply was any Stephen King book turned into a movie. True! Most anything really is better in book form, more detail. But I'd also say The Horse Whisperer

Report Post Tip

there is alot of books that are better than movies. most of them are in my opinion mainly because there is alot more detail involved.

if i have to choose tho two books ive read recently that were better than the movie would have to be Lone Survivor and Blow both books have way more detail than what the movie was able to portray. really good books

Report Post Tip
Agreed with above, most books are better than the movie.

In my opinion, the Ready Player One movie was an utter disappointment compared to the book. The majority of the plot points were removed or changed, and it felt like a rip off of the book’s ideas rather than a movie about the book.
Report Post Tip

I would say the book Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews was better than the movie. While most of the book was included in the movie, it didn't seem to jive. I've read the book a few times and it draws me into the story line every time. I was a kid the fist time I read it in two days. Now I can read it in a day. I;ve only watched the movie once and partially once.

Report Post Tip

Hands down one of the roughest book to screen transitions I've seen so far was the Shannara series.  There was so much IMPORTANT content left out it almost made me cry.  Whole characters that didn't even make the cut, and entire adventures that were just gone.  If it didn't get yanked off the air it might have improved but seeing it cut so short ruined the whole thing.

Report Post Tip
I'm really looking forward to the new Scorsese film Killers of the Flower Moon because the book is a phenomenal work of literary journalism and if anyone can make a masterpiece out of it, it's a living legend like Marty. So we'll see.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The book was better than the movie!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL