Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 23:35:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
The book was better than the movie! Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Dec 10, '20 00:19

Sahara the only movie made from a Clive Cussler book. They took so many liberties with it and changed so much from his original works that he refused to ever let another book of his be turned into a movie. His books have so much non stop action they keep you entertained from start to finish. My favorite are the Oregon Files books. Dirk Pitt series are good as well. 

Report Post Tip

OH I'll just name a couple: The Lord of The Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire, which you may know was Game of Thrones.

Lord of the rings because they left out some awesome parts. I dont like the interpretation on some parts either. Frodo was poorly casted too.

The Song of Ice and Fire was great in the first couple of seasons, when they really stuck to the books, then it started going downhill very very fast.

Report Post Tip

Man. There's so many.

Harry Potter, for sure.

N0S4R2

A Clockwork Orange

Fight Club (the book really is astounding)

Anything from Bret Easton Ellis fails to make the leap. American Psycho is a great movie, but the book is just so, different.

Report Post Tip

Sorry to get out of context about a book but I wanna make a comment about a movie called Max Payne which was a Video game and to me the game was better than the movie. Some of the newer movies are made from Vid games or Comic book now days too.

Report Post Tip
I agree Lin - unfortunate really.

I prefer the Harry Potter books to the movies but I guess that’s because you have your own imagination in terms of what people look like or do and often the film interpretation isn’t the same as what’s in your mind. Nostalgia.. alas.
Report Post Tip

Lord of the flies and Animal farm are two that come to mind. The movies didn't do the book any justice. Hopefully there will be better attempts on bringing those books into live.

Report Post Tip
I too have read many books that are better than the movie, main one being The Color Purple. Amazing read.
Report Post Tip

Most books are far better than the movie. Lord of the Rings, Angels and Demons, Girl on the Train, The Book Thief. I could go on and on..........and on lol. I think not only is @JeanRalphio right with what they said but also that reading a book opens our imagination to interpret how each character and the entire scenery looks and that will differ to what you or the next person will imagine it as.

Report Post Tip

The biography on Gezzy is definitely going to be better than the movie. Who could even play Gezzy except Gezzy himself? Who could make a non-contact sport physical and violent? Who could turn an event focused around cheering success and boozing into a popularity contest? Who else. As far as I know there is no book on Gezzy.

Report Post Tip

I think Jaws and The Silence of the Lambs did better onscreen.

I'll echo the sentiment that, in general, Stephen King books mostly dissolve to rubbish once a director gets their hands on one, but Stand By Me and The Shining are a couple of more notable exceptions. 🎃 

Report Post Tip
No book is ever better than a movie. A movie is over in 2 hours where a book could go on for months, who has that kind of time to waste by just sitting around. Movies are 200 percent better than books.
Report Post Tip
Bravo Two Zero was butchered by the BBC.

But then a few have said the book was a work of fiction anyway
Report Post Tip

Everything the BBC touches gets butchered Solskjaer. The fact we Brits are forced to pay money to them just for owning a TV is a joke. I would love to cease paying towards that corrupt institution.

Report Post Tip
Game of thrones, it's not a movie but still.
But almost every book is better then the movie. So Just read the books!!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think the better question would be what movie was better than the book?  As everyone knows most books have to many characters and details for them all to be put into a movie.   Many books really should be a mini-series to come close to what the author has written and tell the story.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I very much enjoyed all of the Lord of the ring books they were very detailed and told a great story the movies were great as well but I felt like they left so much out and were shorter than they should have been

Report Post Tip
I think all Harry Potter books are better than the movies. I mean, so much more detail in the books etc and nothing good in the movies. Details in the books that are never mentioned or twisted in the movie... I prefer reading books over seeing a movie about a certain book...
Report Post Tip

I need to agree with Dynamite_Dan 

You can use your imagination while reading a book, like how the 

characters look likely etc and you really pay more attention about the details.
Report Post Tip

Well I dont read a lot infact nothing, and I prefer movies then reading books, and mostly I fall to sleep while reading books. So I would say movies are always better then books.

Report Post Tip

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The book was better than the movie!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL