Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 17:06:42
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
The book was better than the movie! Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Dec 10, '20 00:19
Any Farley Mowat book that was remade.

That guy had some fantastic books. Lost in the Barrens, the Curse of the Viking Grave, Never Cry Wolf. Canadian classics.

In typical Canadian fashion - we don’t do media production very well, although I think our comedy is awkwardly on point.

Also - I Hope they serve beer in Hell - tucker Maxx wrote some hilarious books - the movies just didn’t do them justice.
Report Post Tip
Really most movie or show adaptions are different than the books they come from. Whether it’s a drastic change or slight tweaks, the directors and writers seem to make it do there own things. Sometimes it’s for the better but there are a lot of times those few key details they left out ruin it. Especially when you know how it is really supposed to go.
Report Post Tip

I do my best to avoid movies/shows based on books. The way the director/producers envisions it never stacks up to what I imagine and once I see it on the screen it's ruined cuz now that's what is imprinted in my head. 

GoT, The Last Kingdom, The Witcher, even classics like the Sharpe Books by Bernard Cornwell... none of it is as good as they should have been.

Report Post Tip

The Alex Rider teen spy series was one of my favourites as a kid! Both movie adaptions sucked complete ass, but recently Prime Video has released a TV show and I found it to be pretty good. I felt it really captured how much of an amateur he was and projected that aesthetic well!

Report Post Tip
Where do I even begin. Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, every Stephen King book EVER WRITTEN! GAME OF THRONES.

And my all time personal favorite..

DRUMROLL!

*drumroll begins*

AMERICAN GODS.
Report Post Tip

The Crow

I love the movie and Brandon, nuff said!  James Obarr's writing is incredible in the comic book series which I have a 1st prints of :)  I think the Comicbooks are superior than the movies but cinematically, Brandon Lee introduced a style of film that made a huge impact at the time.    

Report Post Tip

Definitely, Time Travelers Wife! But the movie still the bomb :)

Report Post Tip

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is by far better than any of the adaptations (The Last Man on Earth, Omega Man, and of course I Am Legend). The best adaptation is probably The Last Man on Earth.... The worst ending is definitely I Am Legend. 

Report Post Tip

The biggest one for me, was the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Whilst Interview with the Vampire was fairly close, Queen of the Damned missed alot of what made the book so good, one of the actual main characters to the plot infact. After reading the book, the story felt a hell of a lot more complete.

Report Post Tip

Although I seem to be one of the few that enjoyed the film Dragon was no where near as good as the books. But tbh it was a very lazy adaption, I mean the most obvious was the fact that Urgals where just men. Despite the fact it was incredibly influenced by Star Wars almost to the point of a carbon copy I really enjoyed the books & wish they'd done a better job then maybe they'd have gotten to make the whole series.

Report Post Tip

I know for a fact the chronicles of narnia is a much better book then the movies. Far more in depth and detailed.

Report Post Tip
Lonesome Dove. I loved the movie, always hard to beat Robert Duvall. But the book was jam packed with so much more info and details. The movie was 6 hours long and still couldn't capture everything that the book had to offer.
Report Post Tip

I Am Legend. The movie is considered great by a lot of people however most haven't actually read the novel it's based on which is a shame because it's such a good read. The worst part for me is the ending particularly because the phrase "I am legend" has a much cooler reason behind it as opposed to the silly happy one from the movie. 

Report Post Tip
I really liked the maze runner series of books, but hated the movie when I saw it. Nothing was really how I imagined and couldn't accept it.
Report Post Tip
I am an avid reader, I’m guessing it has already been mentioned here (I hope it has!) but Game of Thrones…
That TV show ruined the story that was developing in the books, a real shame
Report Post Tip

Going back to grade school books... But Indian in the Cupboard. Loved the book, but the movie not as much.

Report Post Tip
I'm thinking if you compare books to movies you have way to much time on your hands.
Read the book
Watch the movie
Loads of time to help someone make a blanket or plant a garden... both to me seek like a waste of time.
Go out and do it.....let someone write a book or do a movie about all of your good deeds.
Be a worth while person and be active in your life.
Report Post Tip

I went and read the Hunger Games recently as was intrigued to how much they had butchered it for the screen.  I was both shocked and amazed to discover that the films are pretty much a carbon copy of the books.  I don't think they really changed anything to be honest.

Report Post Tip
Isn't every book better then the movies. For instance the hobbit. That was a oké book of about 100 pages. Now it's 3 movies, how can you make 3 movies about 100 pages. Then you are making things bigger then they are and making things up outside what the story is. This often makes movies bad.
Report Post Tip

I would agree with you Madhatter in almost all cases. The exception to date though that I have found is - the book thief - pardon the pun. Great book bit dark but you know....didn't want to watch the film but they smashed it too. In tears with both.....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The book was better than the movie!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL