Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 01:10:09
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Harison's Big Money Super Bowling Competition Started by: Harison on Jan 16, '21 08:18

The anticipation had been building for weeks.

There had been rumors that Harison was coming up with something big, much bigger than him.

The talk around town was that it was something that would bring joy and excitement to all, everyone from the lowest gambling degenerates to the highest of high-rollers with tons of money to blow.  The most pathetic weed-dealing gangster would be able to compete alongside the most street-wise Godfather.

The time had come for the announcement to be made.

Harison stacked five milk crates that were laying around on top of each other and with one graceful leap made his way on top of them all to address the crowd...

"Hello all!   Thanks for gathering here today.   I am honored to announce the beginning of my Big Money Super Bowling Competition!"

"It's a bowling competition, a sport that is near and dear to my heart.   A sport that anyone can excel in whether you are unusually large or unusually small, no matter if you are strong or not-so-strong, young or old...."

The assembled crowd began an enthusiastic round of applause.  After a few minutes, the applause died down and Harison continued his announcement.

"This competition is not like any other bowling competition.   It is a BIG MONEY bowling competition.   For the low entry fee of $1 million you can have a chance to win $100 million or more!!"

The crowd gasped at the insane amount of money that could be won.

"I am as excited as all of you to see how this all turns out.   Hopefully many of you choose to participate.   I have rented out the bowling alley down the street so it's all ours until the competition is over.   There will be BIG MONEY prizes for each city as well as an overall winner.   There are also several other ways to win some BIG MONEY!   Be sure to take a RULES SHEET with you and let me know if you have any questions."

Harison leapt off the stack of milk crates, stuck the landing, and made his way over to the line of people waiting to enter the competition.

Report Post Tips: 95 / Total: $3,960,000 Tip

At the front of the queue was Asher. Now little did everyone know but Asher had been training his right forearm for many years now and knew one day all that training would eventually be put to good use.

When hearing about the event he brought some new wax and ensured his balls were polished to perfection.

Asher wasted no time in handing a briefcase full of cash to Harison’s.

Harison I would like entry into the The Big Money Super Bowling Competition. This looks like a great set up and I am excited to see the drama  unfold”  

Asher rolls up his sleeves in anticipation for the event, he then turns to Harison and shakes his hand, crushing him under the power of his right forearm, in that moment Harison realised he was in trouble

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Smash had been polishing his balls for weeks in anticipation for an event like this, he wasted no time getting the cash together and sending it over to Harrison and thought to himself this is easy money. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

The old man had been bowling a sheeps bladder for weeks on his farm in anticipation for his journey back to Philadelphia to enter the competition. The fact he had so many zeros on his scorecard felt less on his talent as a bowler and more on the fact his skittles were made from live chickens that did not hang around to be skittled. As for making a turkey, less said about that the better.

He doddled over to his tractor and started the engine to make the long trek into the city.

"I will beat these young-uns so badly they will have to rename it Ten Pin Toaling"

The tractor started building up traffic behind it as the old man pulled onto the main road and was lost in thought about his cabbage patch. This was going to be a long journey for a lot of people.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

On his way to the market to buy fresh tomatoes, Takkar heard a buzz coming from near the town square where a throng of people had gathered around someone. He was about to pass by but a cheer erupted and it piqued his interest. What the heck could cause such excitement, he wondered. When he neared the square he saw that the person speaking earlier was Harison and he was handing out flyers to the townsfolk and mafioso present nearby.

"A hundred million," he gasped as he read the sheet of paper. That was a lot of cash, enough to buy a tomato/chicken farm. Heck, he could also import a ton of chocolate for Tammy to make chocolate custard with. But the problem was that he had never bowled in his life. However he had experience rolling massive boulders around and he figured that he had a good shot at winning Harison's tournament. Especially since his competition were old geezers like Asher and Toaly.

"Oy Harison" he raised his voice to get his attention. "Sign me up for the tournament. I'll wire the money right away." Takkar pushed through the crowd as he made his way towards the nearest phone booth. He had to call into HQ to inform Karizma to make a wire transfer for him as well as find him a pair of bowling balls, preferable green ones.

Report Post Tip

Belle was purchasing coffee at her favorite Philly coffee shop, when she heard the news about the contest Harison announced. She quickly grabbed her coffee and hurried back to her apartment to find her gear. It had been what felt like years since she bowled, but she had all the fixings to look like a great bowler.

Finally she found her ball bag. Inside her ball bag she was able to locate her ball, gloves, shoes, ball cloth, and grip sack.

"Perfect,  it's all here. I'm going to crush to crush the tournament with my ball, bag, and sack. A perfect 300 here I come."

Belle gathered everything into the bag and placed it safely next to her bed. She then left for the bank to wire Harison the money.

Report Post Tip

Karizma listened as Takkar excitedly told her about the new bowling competition. Her eyes grew big as dinner plates when she heard about the millions of dollars that could be won! Her brain tuned out at the mention of all that money as she immediately started thinking about how she would spend the winnings... a new car... a grand house... "Find me a pair of bowling balls, preferable green ones." Karizma finally snapped out of her reverie.

"Don't you already have a pair of blue balls? I'm sure they're at the back of the closet. I'll dig them out and give your balls a good polish for you. Yes, yes, I will transfer the money right away. No, I don't know where your shoes are. Right, the sooner I get off, the sooner I can get on them. See you soon."

Karizma hung up the phone then did two transfers, one for herself and one for Takk. She couldn't wait for the competition to start!

"Sounds like we've got a big boy game brewing. Always been a fan of bowling, let's see how this plays out."

Jack stands with the other Philadelphians while sifting through his pockets for his balance book. The value is noted and he folds it back up, presenting a bodyguard with the instruction to make a transfer.

"Looks forward to this one my friend, appears you've put some thought into it!

Report Post Tip

It had been awhile since Rain picked up a bowling ball but remembers she was pretty good at it when she did bowl. 

When she heard about Harison 's Big Money Super Bowling Competition she knew she wanted to check it out so she signed up.

But she needed some balls.  She then went to the local bowling alley pro shop and had them drill her up some high performance balls.

Report Post Tip

Scarfo waited patiently in line with the others then handed over the entrance fee when his time came. If he won this he'd buy himself a train. And not a model type, the real type and make sure it ran from East to West and back again so he didn't have to catch anymore goddamn planes.

Report Post Tip

Ears perked up as Merah had heard talk of this exciting new competition.  Now Merah was all about things that were new and exciting!  Curiosity drew her as she sidled up into line behind one of her favorite people.  Tail swaying in contentment the little fox waited her turn to express her interest in this competition.  Now the fox hadn't been very stellar when it came to race car driving...  But Bowling?  One might argue the merit of a fox competing, but hey...  Merah was breaking all the rules of a normal fox anyway so why not?  The longer she stood in line, the more excited she became.  Until it was her turn.  Poor Harrison, she would yap her fool head off a few times at him trying to get across that she too wanted to compete.  This done, she turned around and dashed away just as fast as her little paws would carry her.  She had custom balls to order!  The lack of thumbs would be an issue, but she'd figure something out!  She wasn't sure what she'd do with so much money to be honest, but she'd figure out something!  One thing would be certain.  She and Ethan would never run out of jerky.

Report Post Tip

Jimmy couldn't believe his ears as he listened to Harrison explain that the winner of this competition could win as much as a hundred million dollars - that was more money that Jimmy had ever seen in his life, let alone actually had. 

Jimmy hadn't actually bowled before, in fact he had never been to a bowling alley, but has he heard those around talking about it it seemed pretty straight forward. Throw a ball toward a bunch of "pins" on the other end of a straight lane and knock down as many as possible. The way Jimmy figured it if he could nail someone in the head with a rock from 20 yards out while they were running that should be a cinch - I mean, a rock wasn't that much different from a ball was it? 

Walking confidently up to the sign up table Jimmy smiled as he signed up. 

"I'll have the money over to you right away Harrison." he then put on his best cocky grin and turned to some of the others near him, "I'm a bit of a bowling expert you know - so, if you just want to give me your money now I'll be happy to save you the work of chucking the ball down the lane."

Report Post Tip

Harison finished reconciling the entry fees from the first wave of entrants into the competition and went to view the competition begin.

He was amazed that such a rag-tag bunch of bowlers and such perfectly polished balls!   

Smash was up first and rolled an amazing 6 strikes throughout his game.   He left too many frames open though and finished with a 136.

Merah had a very strong game considering the lack of thumbs but appeared to slip in the ninth frame and only managed to get one pin down, leaving the score at a respectable 151.   

Takkar snagged the top stop on the leaderboard early thanks to 8 strikes!  He didn't leave a frame open until the 9th where he surprisingly threw two gutter balls.   He finished with a 196.

Old man Toaly put up a respectable round....for an old man.    He started off strong with a couple of strikes but things got a bit inconsistent from there.   He finished with a 126.

Asher and his forearms started off strong with three straight strikes to open the game.   Apparently he needs to work on his stamina as the forearm failed him from there, finishing with a laughable 117.

Belle- might need to spend less time accessorizing and more time working on her bowling form.    Her ball, bag, and sack failed her this time, rolling a 122.

"Great job to all so far!  We have a few more first-day entrants that haven't bowled their games yet so the competition I'm sure will heat up soon!   Remember, you can enter once per day, every day."

And with that, Harison posted the SCOREBOARD for all to view and double-check and went to the bar to get a much-needed drink.

SilverKnight stepped up and signed some paperwork. He then used the phone to call his accountant to wire $1 million to Harison and was told directed over to the bowling area.

It was a brand new day! Yesterday had turned out pretty brilliantly.  The tiny fox was just about as surprised as many at her own bowling prowess.  She certainly didn’t do bad for more or less pushing the ball on it’s way with her nose!  Either way she had pulled a respectable score.  So naturally it was that she found herself in line to to her paw once more!  Excitement flowed through her as she set preparations in action to take another shot at this crazy game they called bowling!

Report Post Tip

After putting some ice and heat on his forearm, Asher feels rested and ready for round 2.

harison I have transferred you some more cash and ready for another bite of the cherry”

Asher begins to limber up ready for the next game 

Report Post Tip

SilverKnight decided to give it another go after bowling a game for the first time one a while the other day. He calls his accountant for the next wire transfer for payment.

Report Post Tip

Ethan could tell there was excitement in his little vulpine friend.  He was curious about what had his friend so excited, so like he did when he first found the Cat and Phoenix, he followed Merah to where Harison was discussing a Super Bowling Competition. Ethan stood puzzled for a bit, wondering why a fox was so excited about bowling.  It wasn't until he got closer and was able to see the previous day's results and how well the little fox had done, that he understood her excitement.   

"Nice going, Little One." He whispered under his breath as he turned to walk away.   

Ethan only got a few steps away when on a whim he decided to turn around and try his hand at bowling.  "Mr. Harison, you can count me in for this round of Super Bowling.  I've never bowled a game in my life, but I'm figuring why the heck not give it a shot.  I'll have my accountant wire you the money immediately.

Report Post Tip

After watching several more people roll their games, Harison figured it was time to update the leaderboard and standings for the participants to see where they stood.

"We've had some real exciting games recently and also some, uh...not so exciting games.   Also, we've had our first batch of repeat participants for those that wanted to try to improve upon their score.  Thanks to all that participated!"

JackMezzo had an inconsistent performance is his first entry.   He did manage to scatter three strikes throughout his game and finished with a 133.

Rain was the first non-Philly entrant and put up a great showing for Las Vegas with her high-performance balls.  She only left two frames open and rolled 7 strikes on her way to a 189.

Scarfo unfortunately will need to enter again if he hopes to get that train money he sought.   He had 4 strikes but a couple of gutterballs in the fourth frame put a hurting on his score.  He finished with a 95.

Jimmy_The_Hand started off strong with 4 strikes to open his game but left a few frames open after that to finish with a 195.

Karizma left the first two frames open, including two gutterballs in the second frame.   But then she went on a awe-inspiring run with a spare in the third frame and 9 straight strikes to end her game.  She finished with a 239.

Silverknight rolled a respectable 5 strikes but left too many frames open to finish with a 106 in his first entry.

Merah gave the contest another go but didn't fare better than her first entry.  While she started off with a strike, she left 4 frames open after that to finish with a 134

EthanElijah came out of the gates on fire and rolled 7 straight strikes to start off his round!  Being 5 strikes away from a perfect game must have put some added pressure on him as he only managed one more strike the rest of the way to finish with a very strong score of 218.

Silverknight came back the next day for a second entry and started things off great rolling 3 strikes to begin his game.  Things went downhill a bit from there but he managed to post a better score than his first entry by rolling a 118.

Harison posted the recent games scoring cards on the wall for all to view and double-check HERE and HERE and then posted the leaderboard for the first time.

PHILLY and OVERALL LEADER:  Karizma (239)

VEGAS LEADER: Rain (189)

As he puffed on a lucky, Scarfo read through the latest scores. He wasn't surprised to see his final tally but it still didn't sit well.

"Fuck." He said aloud through a huff of smoke. The boss and the fox had done better than him, and Merah's first effort much better still, yet it was Ethan who was currently wearing the champion's bowling pin out of the Race Street crew.

He was still wearing the shoes provided by the bowling alley when Scarfo approached Harison. He'd find Butters soon enough, who was somewhere in the building with a well-worn dark brown duffle bag. But first, he figured he better grease the rails a little if his streamliner dream was to become a reality.

"I'll be goin' again and will have the money to you shortly. Just wanna shake your hand, pal, as we are yet to formally meet."

Scarfo removed a thick mustard coloured envelope from his inner jacket pocket and slapped it firmly into Harison's palm, initiating a bulky handshake as he glanced around.

"I'm hoping the scores are better this next run. My hand was a little cramped. You know how it is."

Scarfo gave the man a wink then went about finding that whipper-snapper kid so he could pay the fee for another game.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Harison's Big Money Super Bowling Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL