X

May 01 - 21:06:16
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Member whoring Started by: Huxley on Jun 02, '11 23:29

Is society still tolerating this cr*p?

To: Huxley
Sent: Jun 02, '11 23:10
Subject: Welcome

Hello and how are you!First of all WELCOME to this thing of ours.If you want help to get you started and a good family to get you protected please feel free to contact me.Are you a first time player?

To: Huxley
Sent: Jun 02, '11 23:07
Subject: 

Hitarro walks up to the poor lonely man on the corner hiding from the cops after a run and offers a cigar 

Hello mate', Are you knew to these parts?

Hmmm, now which one to join?

The-Goodfellow used CAPITAL LETTERS and wrote 2 sentences, albeit poorly punctuated.

Where as Hitarro, was in character, used italics, and lives in a place where a man (or possibly woman?) is not allowed to go for a run without being chased by the cops ... but what better time for a cigar (smoking kills FYI, stick to blowing bubbles). 

Two atrocious attempts at introductions, two atrocious attempts at quite blatant member whoring. 

Am going to have to choose neither. 

PS Hitarro02, its spelt NEW not KNEW (capital letters are awesome)

Report Post Tip

I must disagree with you Sir standing up and being heard for the first time in the streets but the second one has no mention of you joining anything and appears to be just a friendly fellow offering a cigar not a lifetime membership to anything in this world of ours

Report Post Tip

They're just so shocked to see an actual person as opposed to a zombie robot, so they go and flood you with invitations so they can say to the others "See, we have actual PEOPLE here!"

Report Post Tip

Father Jerusalem, some people clearly shock far too easily. 

Report Post Tip

The man comes out of his office cigar in hand, handing them out to the great people of these fine streets. He begins to belt out laughter as he begins to speak out against this mans poor excuse to try and slander his family...

Excuse me sir, Hitarro02 was merely asking if you were new to these streets and offers you a cigar out of kindness, now you say it's member whoring yet to me it's only a casual conversation. You expect people to let new people to these streets sit idly and not be shown the way of these streets? Well excuse me but this has been our way for a very long time now and if you don't like it. Then leave and don't come back, no one is forcing you to be on these streets sir.

The man put his cigar out on the sole of his shoe and abruptly walks away from the man striking a conversation up with people as he begins to head back into his HQ

Report Post Tip

Big Fat Salvatore, Hitarro02 was member whoring, plain and simple. "casual conversation" this is not. The fact is that a new face arrives, and automatically within minutes these kinds of messages get sent. 

"Casual conversation" is not the sending of some bog standard, carbon copy message that has had no thought go into it and is regurgitated over and over and over and over and over and over ..... and over. 

Report Post Tip

Sinfest .... put the conversation and the purpose behind the conversation in to context. 

Report Post Tip

At least when my ancestors whored to the high heavens, they put a little something different in each starting conversation. This is clear to me that it's member whoring to it's finest. Others might see it as a starting conversation. Each to their own I guess.

Report Post Tip

I agree Prozac!  Creativity.  If you're not willing to put in the effort, then it's just whoring.  Putting in the effort to be creative makes it recruiting. 

This is a tired discussion.  Member whorring.  Yep.  Call it what you want.  You don't like it, do something about it.  Until there's a solution, the discussion is exhausting and goes nowhere.  I'd love to talk about solutions, but you have to get those city leaders out here to be a part of the discussion to come up with some ways to work on new member relations.  Yeah, that's what we'll call it.  New Member Relations. 

Report Post Tip

Seriously, I could post the mails I've gotten too, it's fucking ridiculous.

Report Post Tip

Interestingly enough Huxley, the exact same man approached me and had the exact same thing to say to me as he greeted me to these shores word for word identically as he had you.

What followed was a pleasant conversation centered around business opportunites in Detroit.  I politely declined this upstanding gentleman's offer seeing as I had other business plans in mind but I see nothing wrong with his conduct.  He is working hard for his family as best he can and I for one commend him for his dedication.

Report Post Tip

as the man was walking to his HQ he stops and notices these comments these people are making, he can't help but chime in one last time before finally saying good day...

You know whats fucking ridiculous? It's amazing how when peoples ancestors pass they love to sulk about anything and everything they can find, and especially with this topic. These mails you people speak of has been the way of our world here for far longer then your father and mothers were alive, yet now ironically the later generations of your lineage want to come out and say every little thing they can about this and how they think it's the worst thing that anyone around here has ever done. Some balls you people have I must say. To each their own I guess as Prozac was so kindly saying.

Good day.

Report Post Tip

Big Fat Salvatore, you keep justifying a blatant example of member whoring. 

Sending out the same exact message is whoring, plain and simple. 

Report Post Tip

Hey hey hey hey HEY hey hey.

I'll sulk about anything and everything I want to REGARDLESS of when my ancestors have passed.

And yes, mailing new people is a way of life... but for fuck's sake, put some effort into it. Don't use a form mail and just send it to every new person you see.

Report Post Tip

A good sulk never harmed anyone. 

Report Post Tip

Big Fat Salvatore, you keep justifying a blatant example of member whoring.

Wrong sir, I am doing my job as a leader in defending the honor of my members against a man who decides to bitch about a subject that has laid dormant within our streets for a long time.

So you sir, can kindly stop trying to slander me and my family for stupid reasons.

Report Post Tip

Your member should be able to defend himself. You are justifying your member's actions of sending out the same message to multiple people. This is whoring which is apparently allowed in your city ... 

As for your slander accusation, call your lawyer 

Report Post Tip

You're right, he can defend himself, but why would I be in a leader position if I didn't go above and beyond to make sure all of my members are given the utmost protection possible?

Like I said before, these initial contacts between members and new members have been around for a very long time and yes that includes the same message to different users for the initial contact, do I like that method? No, do I encourage it? No, will I be talking to my member about this issue? I already have, and if you wanna cry about it call your lawyer.

Report Post Tip

Rather than engage in a slanging match. 

Your member is going around sending a carbon copy message to every new member that arrives. This is whoring. 

Why can some people not realize that the behaviour of their members impacts on them and the perception that others have on that member, their leaders and their cities. 

Report Post Tip

Why do people continue to endorse it and justify it by dressing it up in a skirt and calling it something else? 

It is whoring

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Member whoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL