Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:18
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The Evolution of Las Vegas. Started by: Sgt_Slaughter on Nov 23, '11 01:34

Sgt_Slaughter stepped out into the streets. He had a big announcement to make. Las Vegas was growing much faster then anticipated and he wanted to share the news with everyone! With him was HighSociety - Acting Godfather to Las Vegas, Creep, and Skadoosh, three of Las Vegas' finest leaders. Between them a world on insight and yet room to grow as well. What a place Vegas could be will them at the helm.

Today we come to you all with great news. Sgt_Slaughter said with great joy. We come to these Streets with hope, with jubilation, and with a chance. Sgt_Slaughter paused a moment. A chance for Las Vegas to be great again as it has been in the past. For too long we've seen the spilling of blood, the body counts, and the remorse. One death a tragedy, many more just a statistic. Las Vegas now wishes to tend it's small part of our world, and help toward the road to recovery. To begin down that long road, Las Vegas comes with announcement of it's 4 newest Families.

In North Las Vegas, we have High Society. Acting Godfather to all of Las Vegas and Valiant Leader to The Brotherhood.

To the South we have Sgt_Slaughter, keeping a watchful eye on Sin City, with the help of The Fallen Angels.

To the East, bears the mark of Skadoosh, commanding and the rise of the sun and The Sin Dynasty.

To the West is Creep, roaming the outer banks with The Journeyman. If you cross his path, your journey may end.

Together, we make up Las Vegas. Together, we bring to you the best Las Vegas has to offer. Together we are forged in unity, to bringing this world a better Las Vegas. A brighter Las Vegas. A Las Vegas Reborn!

Sgt_Slaughter pauses for a moment, as the crowd roars, and glances back at the other leaders smiling.

With this rebirth, like any new venture, it will take hard work. It will take the sweat and will of each man before you to see a brighter city come to pass. We begin tonight, reshaping Las Vegas and building it from the ground up. We begin today as we will tomorrow, and the day after, knowing our goals, knowing the success we hope to achieve for our City and determined to see it through as a team, as a family.

It is on this day as well, that we have collectively decided, for the benefit of this community and the Eight Cities within it, that Las Vegas will be Closing It's Doors to new families and leaders, for the time being. This a decision reached by us, to allow more growth in the remaining 7 Cities, as well as our own. Las Vegas has grown quite a bit in the last few days and while we continue to grow, we also do not wish to burden or hinder growth elsewhere. We plan to remain in a state of 4 Families, until the rest of the community is able to grow further as well, at which time if we've all begun to expand, we might then reconsider our decision, and expand the number of families aloud within Las Vegas. We will continue looking to grow and foster the families we have now, as we look to expand our city itself, but Las Vegas will remain a 4 Tier City for the time being.

We hope that the remaining cities and their Leaders see this gesture as homage to them, for their hospitality and mentorship that has brought each of us this far. It is not without them, that we have come this far. Lessons learned under their guidance, both past and present, as well as lesson's we learn ourselves day to day, will help drive the success, prosperity and longevity we hope to achieve.

We thank you all for your well wishes as we charter new territory, and like each new chapter in the book that is life, we hope to bring something great to the story!

Report Post Tip

As High Society listened on, he could not help but feel a sense of humility. For he was such a small part in this Thing of Ours, and without each and every person here, even he would be leader to nothing.

“Sgt_Slaughter speaks from the place many have before and likely many will after. But in his time here, In all of our times here, High Society gestures to the other Las Vegas Leaders, We will all work to bring something to this community as leaders, and as members of something few will every fully understand as we do.”  High Society continued to speak. “A Las Vegas in which we hope the world will see as a catalyst, in that community through teamwork can overcome most any adversity. We work to fulfill our families needs. We work to fill the cities needs. But most importantly, we work to bring a better tomorrow, a brighter tomorrow, however we can.

With the 4 Families of Las Vegas, we can see this start to happen in our little slice of Heaven!

High Society smiles on as Sgt_Slaughter finishes his speech.

Report Post Tip

Excellent stuff here Sgt, I feel that this is a smart decision and a wise move for us in Vegas to make.

Letting others know that we have shut down the doors to expecting future crew leads is a statement that saves many lives. It also shows that we have been very successful in co-habitating with one another and have come along way from the ground up in the stages of building this soon to be fine city of ours.

I hope that we are able to continue our success into the future and although the shape of Vegas gets larger our goals and desires for the city continue to remain unwavoring and optomistic that we can bring positive change and influence not only throughout our city but hopefully pour that out forth towards the rest of the community as well.

Report Post Tip

5) Las Vegas will remain open until a Godfather takes control of the city and closes it.

I applaud this act of unity within Las Vegas but you seem to forget one of the rules layed down by the Godfather Council in relations to Las Vegas. Until one of you get that esteemed rank then I shall continue to allow my own people to leave New York for opportunities in Vegas.

Report Post Tip

LAS VEGAS------shall rise and succeed as a new empire !!!!!

Report Post Tip

While I'm a huge fan of yours, Sgt_Slaughter, I'm not sure I agree with the decision you and your fellow Las Vegas leaders have made. It is a complete contradiction of the guidelines laid out regarding Sin City by Godfather Alabama.

In particular, this little number...

6) There is no limit upon the number of families that can operate within Las Vegas at this time (to be reviewed once Vegas has a Godfather)

I just don't see how any of you can make a decision of this magnitude, without the approval and blessing of the Godfather Council. While I wish you all the luck in the world, it certainly seems like a risky proposition.

Maybe you've secured this blessing, and if so, that's wonderful. If not, it could raise some red flags with those who actually do hold the cards in this situation (ie, The Godfather Council). Red flags usually have consequences, which those who support you would certainly hate to see.

Report Post Tip

"8) You can use force, guile or diplomacy to succeed in gaining a foothold in Las Vegas and provided it is contained to Las Vegas, there will be no outside interference."   (Don't chew me out because I can't blockquote)

Stallion, I applaud your observance of those rules, but rule #8 specifically says that anyone in Vegas can use whatever methods they want to use in order to survive. That means that anyone currently in Las Vegas will to anything needed to maintain its current stability.

Report Post Tip

Good Evening Don Stallion,

We could never forget the rules laid before us by the Godfather Council, me most of all. They shape our very way of life.

What we drive toward here is more solidification of current structures, in that we all want the same thing.  We want the people of the world to understand that yes, what we have presently works very well for us and we would like to keep it this way. Not for ourselves, but to help the community grow instead of just Las Vegas.

Should someone to still move into Las Vegas, we will not deny the wishes of the Godfather Council. That would not be honorable of Las Vegas to do.

Report Post Tip

Stallion, I applaud your observance of those rules, but rule #8 specifically says that anyone in Vegas can use whatever methods they want to use in order to survive. That means that anyone currently in Las Vegas will to anything needed to maintain its current stability.

That has nothing to do with the fact that the Godfather Council specifically stated there is no limit to the number of families that can set up there. You can certainly band together and use force, but that really won't make a difference if a more established crime syndicate is angered by your defiance and chooses to wipe you all out for going against the wishes of the Council.

Report Post Tip

So to paraphrase, you're closing the City of Las Vegas...but should someone still choose to move to Vegas, you won't deny the wishes of the GF council and will let them remain?

I'm confused.

Report Post Tip

You mostly do what you like. You can kill any new guys who go and get authed in Vegas if you wish. But rule 8 says you can use force, guile or diplomacy to gain a "foothold" in Vegas but not change or ignore the rules 5 and 6. If you lot had wished to stop new guys from setting up in Vegas then you should have approached the Godfather Council. Or one of you should just go and get Godfather. But like I said until a Godfather rises in Vegas or the Godfather Council changes the rules in place in Vegas then I will continue to allow my guys to set up in Vegas if they wish to.

Report Post Tip

Sonny sighs and shakes his head, after thoroughly reading the announcement.

What I think they mean, is that they want to imply that anyone coming to Vegas after this announcement will be dealt with using force to ensure the safety of the four current CLs. Even though it says they are closing Vegas, what they are trying to say is that they will use force to deal with the new auths who come into Las Vegas. It all depends in what context you read this.

Report Post Tip

Which Is not Breaking or changing the rules.

Report Post Tip

Who's on first?

Report Post Tip

I dunno about you Sonny but when Sarge here stated

Las Vegas will be Closing It's Doors to new families and leaders, for the time being.

That to me says they are closing Vegas no matter what context you take it in. Which is a direct violation to the rules set forth by the Godfather Council. This is a clear statement of intent by the current crop of leaders that reside in LV and it's a ballsy one at that.

Although then High_Society who has been designated acting Godfather says that they won't stop anyone from setting up, this is sending out mixed messages as to what the leaders in LV are doing and is not exactly a good sign of business.

Report Post Tip

Sonny, I think you may have misinterpreted Rule #8

"8) You can use force, guile or diplomacy to succeed in gaining a foothold in Las Vegas and provided it is contained to Las Vegas, there will be no outside interference."

While this rule does indeed still hold true to my knowledge, it doesn't contradict the other rules. Allow ms to explain the rule by citing a recent example...

in the early stages of Las Vegas's development, Sgt. Slaughter used his guile and cunning to outsmart BabaOReilly, who was also a CL in the city at the time. Both were crew chiefs at the time of their own respective crews, but by using his savvy and diplomacy he proved to be the more superior leader, thus him still standing and BabaOReilly being in the dirt as a result of falling victim to Sgt. Slaughter's strategy.

Not sure if that helps to clarify or not, but nonetheless it's good to see the city unifying themselves. It's a great sign and a positive step in the right direction.

Report Post Tip

Stallion from my understanding of Alabama's comments later in the thread we would be allowed to claim the city as a coallition.

Nobody has the power to stop anyone from setting up in a town without a Godfather, IE Rogues. What we are simply stated is that anyone wishing to come to Las Vegas and set up crew there will be treated as a rogue and will have the weight of the other families in Vegas bearing down on them.

We aren't really breaking any of the rules in the Vegas post. I think the wording of the statement might be causing some confusion here.

High Society has been appointed the ring leader of our band here in Vegas and calling him acting Godfather is simply a term that only people in Vegas are acknowledging at the moment until such a time is reached when that is the actual truth of the matter for all of that community, and at that time we will approach the GF council and follow the organized channels just as any other city would.

Stallion you and any other crew leader have the absolute right to auth crews for Vegas, we just wanted to make it public information that there would be more risk in doing so at this point then before now that there are four families here in Vegas working under one agenda and leader.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion and its known to the rest of the community that we are not outlaws in Vegas opporating on our own whims we know full well there is a GF Council and will adhere to that rules for our longevity is important to us in that regard.

Report Post Tip

No we will not welcome the new auths. You are misunderstanding.You are more and welcomed to come and set up shop.doesnt mean they'll be here for long.

4) There will be no outside influence from any individual from any other city - you're on your own!
7) The city may appoint a representative to act on their behalf on the Godfather Council, provided they are recognised as the leader of the city by all other families within the city.
8) You can use force, guile or diplomacy to succeed in gaining a foothold in Las Vegas and provided it is contained to Las Vegas, there will be no outside interference.

So How am I breaking the rules? I'm not.Just because we close the door's to our warm welcome to vegas doesnt mean you cant come.

Report Post Tip

Please Feel free it's on you.

Report Post Tip

It appears the Vegas leaders tried to find a loophole in the rules set forth by the GF council. The only two questions I have are a) Can the current Vegas leaders maintain this alliance amongst themselves? and b) Will someone take the initiative to take on Vegas despite this?

I guess we'll see but this seems to be a risk that wasn't needed as this could have all been done behind the scenes if I'm not mistaken.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Evolution of Las Vegas.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL