Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 09:44:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
POLICY: Helpdesk is not a chew toy or whipping boy. Started by: Squishy on Oct 23, '14 13:41
Thox,

This entire thing was done on IRC.

That kind of negates whether it was done via playing character or Helpdesk character.
Report Post Tip

Severe, the threat was clearly against the playing character if an action was not taken by his staff character. It does not matter that it was on IRC.

Report Post Tip

Enkindle, I'm not saying that you have already alter gun stats or else in the past, but when you start to mess around characters data, at least some people will think about it, as a possibility, as a "perhaps", because wackstats (for example) is just an other number in a database you've just altered  by demoting someone... and it was not really necessary at the end of the day (the person is already punished anyway). Administrators messing with that on a case by case basis... I don't think it's very wise.

And thinking this is normal to just demote a godfather from the game and to plan to use it more in the future ? Well...

It just feels extremely wrong to me. For some people, it's just worst than a admin wack. You are just negating a good share of their work, and saying to them "you want it back ? Eh, work for it *again*, good luck". How is that even relevant to the problem - you really think this is a good punishment, on top of the rest ? Again, it just feels as an extra low blow to someone, especially when it happens on a case by case basis. I don't see the point of flagellating someone who's already imprisoned.

But even without that particular aspect, it's just a mess from the RP point of view, and in general, in game politics/etc : you've just said it yourself, you must clean the city rules, clean the rank and other things... and most importantly, it changes the dynamics/balance of the game even more, modifying more things than necessary. The jail in itself already has heavy consequences. There's no need, for me, to add an extra layer of that.

When you jail someone, it is as a last warning before death. That, or you just admin wack them. Removing a part of their work and, in a way, ruin a good share of their character, when you think it didn't deserve an admin wack to start with... is weird to me. And altering even more aspects of the game while doing so... It sounds wrong, simply. 

Report Post Tip

iocaste-, at this point I feel like you're just trying to fear monger. What was done in terms of the demotion seems pretty clear to me. He was set to the minimum age and XP (Units\Level) to be a Don. His crew was set back to 40 members because he is no longer a GF. The end.

This idea that his wack stats were altered is patently false. He lost some bonuses (GF bonus) that are calculated during the actual wack. His accumulated\earned skill was not altered in any fashion.

Was this punishment harsh? Yes. On purpose. This was an issue that was never a written rule because, really, who would have thought someone would do something like this?

Report Post Tip
I have no care to argue this with you Enkindle.

I understand where you are coming from, I don't agree with your actions against Johnny punishment speaking, but I do understand that you want rules to be followed and them to be crystal clear to everyone.

What I don't understand is how the Helpdesk is a Crewleader under Johnny and took this so serious to the point he reported it. Especially knowing that Johnny is a super troll and a guy who jokes around a lot.

You do what you feel you have to do that is fine but don't expect people to agree with everything you do especially when in my opinion this came down to whether Spike took this threat as a true one or not. Clearly he did which is sad considering Johnny gave him everything and didn't even trust him enough to understand that Johnny was just joking with him.
Report Post Tip

I'll be the first to admit that I don't see eye to eye with Squishy on a lot of things, but I fail to see how "Don't threaten to shoot a Helpdesk's player account if they won't do something for you on their Helpdesk account" is, you know, controversial.

Joking or not, just don't do it. There are a lot of jokes that people make and get in trouble for - see "Richards, Michael" "Buress, Hannibal" or "Carr, Jimmy" for examples. "But it was a joke" isn't a defense. It never was. If someone thought you were serious, that's ALL THAT MATTERS. Not that you thought you were making a joke, that they felt that their player account would be killed unless they did something for you. 

Rule #1 in life: Don't be a dick. Threatening to kill someone if they don't do what you want, whether you're joking or not, is being a dick. End of story.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Maybe so Vodquila

But your own Crewleader who you gave everything to despite the many choices he had around him to give that HQ to?
Report Post Tip
Maybe so Vodquila

But your own Crewleader who you gave everything to despite the many choices he had around him to give that HQ to?

That, frankly, makes it worse. It's not just "someone" threatening to kill you over you not using your Helpdesk account to help them, it's your city's GF. A person with a ton of influence and power over you, who - whether explicitly or not - is taking the stance of "Well, I gave you power, now it's your turn to help me out" as well as a threat to kill them if they don't.

Report Post Tip
Vodquila,

That wasn't the case at all, obviously all the replies are coming from not seeing the logs or how any of this went down which is fine as not everybody talks to Johnny like I do.

However he never even threatened to kill him in a harsh manner, he simply said that he will shoot his playing character for not taking orders, Spikes said that he can't boss around his helpdesk account, Johnny replied with Yes I can, I will shoot them both, I will get an Adrenaline.

It is very clear to me that Spikes took this as a serious threat, which is incredibly sad knowing who said it and the fact he trolls everybody. Its also sad that even at the end of this when it was shown Johnny was truly joking, Spikes went out of his way to report it anyways.

Look at what Johnny has lost and for what? Because his own CL knew Johnny was a massive troll yet still took a threat serious and reported him?

You don't find fault in that at all? Shouldn't you know your Godfather better than that? You know how many times Me and Johnny talk about killing each other? Do I go run to others pleading for my life? It is how Johnny is and if you don't know that and you are a Leader in his district, then I don't know what the hell you are doing but its clearly not getting to know your Godfather.

I've seen some logs, and from them I must conclude that it was indeed a joke. Now, it appears Spike didn't see it as joke probably, but both he and Ace gave out some ''lols''.

If Ace only said ''I'm going to shoot you if you don't do this.'' I would understand that Spike didn't see it a joke. But Ace said he would kill the account AND the HD account and that he would get adrenaline. We all know HD accounts can't be killed, and lols were exchanged after that. To me it was clear it was indeed a joke. 

I don't know Ace well or anything, but I know he can be a bit of a troll and I defo saw that it was a joke from those logs. 

But that's just me.

Report Post Tip

The guy was joking with his own crewleader.

No need to drag him or his name through the mud, when 99% of you don't know fuck all about the context of what he said, or the manner. I've said to Morty plenty of times that I'm going to kill him and his helpdesk account. Gonna hold it against me? That's what friends do, joke around with each other. Clearly not serious, but I'm close enough with Morty to where we would laugh about it. 

No need to try and make the guy look like shit though, especially when he was kidding around. I'm sure he feels bad enough that his kidding around has escalated to this shit. 

I think the point here is... Don't ask staff members to do something that would be in abuse of their powers, joking or not. His intentions could be argued all day and night, but that isn't the point. The point is don't do it period.

the only reason that ace is in admin jail is that the convo he had with the other person thought it enough of a threat to bring it to the admins, obviously it wasnt in a jokingly manner otherwise the person who brought it forth wouldnt have brought it forth

Report Post Tip

You know it all, TripleDeuce. Please share some more your intellectual experience with us. 

Report Post Tip

TripleDeuce, it was in a joking matter. Ace was clearly under the impression his bond with Spike was close enough to be joking about stuff like this, but clearly not. I consider some people my friends on here, and if they sent stuff like this to me I would know immediately if it's a joke or not. As I've said, I am not close to Ace. I have however seen logs and even I was able to gather it was a damn joke. If you can't see your GF is trolling/joking when you're supposed to be quite close to him...

I don't even know anymore.

Report Post Tip

alls im saying is if it was seen as a joke why bring it to the admins? i guess the other person in the convo seen it as a threat

Report Post Tip

everyone is pointing the finger to the wrong person IMO the finger should be pointed to whoever presented the logs to warrant Ace getting jailed

Report Post Tip
Yes, TripleDeuce we have clearly figured that out.

I guess you didn't read the replies as this has been said numerous times now. I guess trust is a one way street in this situation.
Report Post Tip

i have read all the replies but what i dont see is people calling for the person who brought the logs forward to be punished for wasting admin's time with a obvious joke

Report Post Tip
Actually TripleDeuce, I think if you read my replies you would see my hammering Spikes for causing so much shit to the guy who gave him everything.

Maybe we speak different languages I don't know.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: POLICY: Helpdesk is not a chew toy or whipping boy.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL