Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 10:23:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
POLICY: Helpdesk is not a chew toy or whipping boy. Started by: Squishy on Oct 23, '14 13:41

I totally agree with you Maria, at least about the fact that it's a tough one, that there was obviously a complete misunderstanding between the two and that removing all this hard work and units is perhaps a step too far.

Enkindle , I just hope you will take some time to think about it. I don't deny a punishment is required if you feel like it's necessary or want to make an example, I won't even argue about the time Johnny must spend in jail for it. But removing his units... It really bothers me.

Report Post Tip
I think there is so much drama on both sides of all this player conduct stuff everywhere that you all are ruining the game (both sides).

Whats the point of it being a game if these threads are more emotional and angry then any in character thread anywhere. If people would spend a 1/5th of the time into their character that they put into bitching in ooc over I think we might all have a bit more fun.. I don't know how to explain it but over the years its less fun, more serious and less worth it..
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $5,100,000 Tip

I cant agree more with Striphe....

(can I also have a similar tip?)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

not quite the same tip, but ty all the same.

:)

Report Post Tip
I think this is abit of a joke if I'm honest yeah I might be JohnnyNonames good friend and such but to jail him and take his units over a PM between him and one of his Captains that clearly was a joke and the fact it wasn't in game play is beyond me. Just my opinion......
Report Post Tip
This is beautiful! It actually hurts to read. One day this place will fail to amuse me! When I'm not sure.
Report Post Tip
I don't know the ins and outs but surely if a CL was threatening a helpdesk over IG matters that warrants a more severe punishment than 2 weeks suspended? I mean Achilles got that for things completely out of his control, this was well within someones control....
Report Post Tip
It was a Godfather to a Crew Leader under them ShaneVendrell
Report Post Tip
Then if it was a GF to CL thing how have the admins got involved?
Report Post Tip
because Spike supposedly went to JohnnyNoName as a CL under him who could at any time switch to his Helpdesk role and help out the situation yet didn't initially come to do so but more to speak about it. Johnny threatened him in a joking manner so Spike reported it to the Admins which led to all of this.

That is the basis from what I can gather.
Report Post Tip
So what is the 'I'll shoot your CL account if you don't do something as Helpdesk' aspect of all this??

If ANY of that accsation ^^ is true then it's a DD, right off the bat surely? Cos it's MILES worse than what Achilles got Suspended for and what Jeddy died for.

If none of it is true then there is no issue and nobody should be suspended?

Or am I completely missing something here? I am kinda drunk so that is possible!
Report Post Tip
Johnny told Spike he would shoot his playing character because he wouldn't remove a post that was posted last night that I didn't see but I guess it insulted another player.

It was a joke Johnny made towards Spike who is part of the Helpdesk
Report Post Tip

Ok maybe the people who run or program this game should not play and this would not happen ... just a thought for you to pander in that brain of yours .

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hudson, the people who run the game were not the ones that were a target of this comment. It was a member of support staff that does this role in their free time to assist others. We are not paid staff members, just normal players that like to help people.

The comment towards spike may or may not have been a joke, the only person that knows that truely is Ace/JohnnyNoName. The entire point of this thread was to state that regardless of context, it is not acceptable to threaten members of Staff's playing character based on their refusal to break protocol on their Staff duties.

There are a lot of replies on both sides saying a lot of things for and against when it is clear that the logs have not been seen. I would suggest people stop jumping in feet first and remember that this entire issue is not about whether the person was joking, it is about ensuring people realise that even joking about that stuff is not to be done.

Report Post Tip

Warrior most of us will never know what was said between them so its all good ... and its has nothing to do with most of us on here ...

Report Post Tip

In my whole time around this site, which amounts to a considerable time I've never once been approached by a Help Desk. Maybe it's only leaders they go to. But surely this whole confrontation would have never occurred had the accuser kept within the confines of there position and awaited a mail in game?

When you start Pm'ing people isn't that going  a bit above and beyond? As someone who has known Johnny a little time in comparison to many others, his personality is that of someone who pretends to be volcanic. It amuses him and I imagine a great deal of others around him when he blusters, as it's pretty clear it's all in jest.

I just really cannot believe a user who has put such considerable time into this community as Johnny has people out with pitchforks here, I've seen the conversation and it's being blown way out of proportion here. If I someone who hasn't worked intimately with Johnny can clearly tell it's all a joke, then why can't someone who works with him every day and spends no doubt considerable hours with him see it? I imagine Johnny randomly calls up his own mother to threaten her occasionally, just to keep her on her toes, this is an absolute joke.

The punishment most certainly doesn't fit the crime, I also simply cannot believe that the Admin team have never jokingly told a player they'd whack them either. It happens, just simply for a laugh. Is this a game of a prison camp?

I could take a shit in the corner, draw a mouth on it and it could said something more threatening to Spike than Johnny did, absolutely absurd.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
It completely baffles me how some people are placing the blame on the help desk "employee".

Context goes both ways. Just because someone meant it one way doesn't mean someone else isn't gonna take it another way.
Report Post Tip

This. Is. Why. You. Have. To. File. Tickets. On. Almost. Every. Other. Game. Site. 

I swear to fucking God.  How stupid are the people defending Ace or making fun of the situation?  Contact HelpDesk, on the site, and wait.  

Most sites like this and games don't even let admins/mods even talk to players or directly address them anymore for this exact reason.  Someone does something stupid, admins/mods step in, people whine like pussy bitches. 

A. This is a Mafia game, the admins COULD just fucking wack whoever they wanted as their roles as the games "Gods" (Their in game nickname from the players) 

B. Have some respect.  Admins run this whole thing for you, not for them.  You have no idea what this site would lose if the admins stopped giving a shit.  Honestly, you have no idea. 

C. have some common fucking sense.  Even if you're a "troll" "prankster" or "joker" try to think through what you are saying. I don't think it's funny at all that a Helpdesker with a playing character got threatened, by their own GF no less.  As for responding "lol" to something, sometimes that's all you have to say because inwardly you're wincing so fucking hard. 

And Finally. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. 

No one cares how long you've played or how much money you've put into this game, if you're acting like a cockmunch, STOP IT.  If you don't know how to adhere to the TOS, GO READ THEM AGAIN, and if you really think you can run this game, in the words of Mal from "Firefly"  "Well, you can't" 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $5,240,000 Tip
Rofl kittie being her? His? Uninformed and unintelligent self! Kudos.

Anyway I agree with the majority here in that more investigation is needed in order for punishment like this to be dealt. I'm starting to think we can't even joke around about shit anymore.
Report Post Tip

AssChicken, please refrain from insulting people in this discussion. As for "investigation". What's to investigate? Things were said, logs were handed over, we dealt with it as we saw fit. And again, if you really cannot see the difference between a normal joke and joking about blackmailing staff, then yes, please, never make a joke again.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: POLICY: Helpdesk is not a chew toy or whipping boy.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL