Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:01:52
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
The Neverland Bar Started by: Rayln on Oct 23, '15 16:37

Rae  headed down the street to the realtor’s office. She had put in a bid on a lovely old building that she knew would be perfect for her first business. She had the papers from the bank in her purse and a rather hefty down payment for the place and complete absolute optimism for the way this deal was going to go down.

She got to the bank and Zizi was standing there, leaning against the building and looking at her nails on her left hand while she waited. Zizi looked up and saw Rae headed her way so she stood up straight and then held her hand out, “What do you think of this new color?” she asked her friend as she got closer.

“Bit bold, but it suits you.” Rae told her with a smile. She glanced up at the sign above the bank and took a deep breath. She bumped her shoulder into Zizi’s and asked, “Are you sure you want to do this?” as she tightened her grip on her purse.

Zizi laughed, “Absolutely, this place sounds like it’s going to be a hoot.” She said as she reached into her bag and pulled out her own lump sum, “Here, this is my share.” She told her as she handed the money over to Rae. “Come on, chick. The sooner we get in there, the sooner we’ll be on the property ladder.” She said just before she ran up the stone steps. “Last one in has to work the first shift!” she called with a laugh over her shoulder. Rae rolled her eyes and followed her friend inside the building.

Rae and Zizi walked out of the bank arm in arm, “I can’t believe it, Zi!” Rae said with a laugh, “We’re property owners!” she added as they walked down the stairs. “I thought there for a moment that stodgy old man was going to refuse us.” She said with a frown, “But your drawings, our vision, its inspiring isn’t it?” she commented as the two women made their way to a two story building that used to be a ballroom.

Zizi slid the key into the lock and with a grin pushed the door open. “Taaa daa!” She said with a flourish. “Home sweet home.” She added as she spun in a slow circle, her dress swirly softly around her legs. “Oh Rae, I am so excited I could just burst!” she said before she rushed over to her friend who was still standing in the doorway and threw her arms around her. “Come on, come on!” she said as she tugged the woman’s hand, “We have to call the contractors; there is so much work to be done!”

Rae stood on the second floor balcony and tugged at the pale blue wings that graced her back. She was wearing  the uniform that Zizi had convinced her that was the final touch of the decor. She smiled as she thought back to the woman’s words, “If you’re going to go through the trouble of decorating the place like a fairy tale, surely the finishing touch would be the actual faries?” she had asked and Rae had agreed.

So now she was stood here in a few scraps of blue gossamer fabric, in different hues ranging from deep cobalt to ice blue. When the lights hit the fabric, there were silver sparkles not just on the dress, but a liberal dusting of “Fairy dust” as Zizi had called it across her shoulders, chest and neck. She looked down at the corset top that was held in place by barely there silk cap sleeves. “Oh, girl, what have you gotten yourself into?” she asked herself as she patted her hair to make sure the curls and flowers were still in place.

She looked over the Neverland Bar and smiled, it had taken weeks to coordinate and make sure that the vision matched the reality, but it did. The old ballroom had been transformed into an exotic jungle, with vines covered in sweet smelling flowers draping across the ceiling from the very large chandelier in the center of the room. The columns that supported the second floor balcony were also wrapped with vines and flowers. And each vine had tiny twinkling fairy lights so when the sun went down; the building truly became a fairy tale.

The dance floor in the back was under a canopy of shimmering silk, in a variety of color to give a bit of privacy to any couple who felt like dancing in their own private bubble. The ground floor was covered with tables around the ground floor, all with a centrepiece of flowers and candles.

But the center of attention on this night was where Rae was looking now. The bar was no ordinary bar, it had been built specifically for the friend’s vision. Half of a large and elaborate pirate ship was built into the wall, with the Hull facing towards the front door. The deck was where Zizi & Rae would work and serve drinks to the customers sat on the barstools that were shaped like canons. The whole thing was elaborate and outlandish, and Rae couldn’t be prouder.

She watched as Zizi walked the plank to hop down over the bar. Her rose pink and gold dress, a bit more risqué than Rae’s own, floating around her. Her own wings sparkled in the lights with gold glitter when Zizi raised a hand and waved at Rae, “Are you going to stand up there all night?” she called out, “Because I want us to have a drink before we open the doors.”

Rae smiled and headed towards the stairs, thankful that they could finally start their business after all of the time and money spent towards it. She pulled herself up on the plank and reached down for a bottle of vodka. Pouring two shots she set them on the bar before hoping off the plank to the ground. “Here.” She said as she handed over a shot, “I couldn’t have done this without you.” She told the woman with a smile. They raised their shot glasses and tossed it back, Rae gasping and patting her chest as the liquid burned and Zizi licking her lips and smiling. “Go unlock the door.” Rae suggested with a grimace, “Lets get this party started.” 

Report Post Tip

Stepping into The Neverland Bar made Nixe feel as if he had entered a whole new world. One foot through the front door, and already the man could tell that this was no ordinary attraction. From the flowers to the vines, the entire bar was outlandish, but he loved it. Hell, it even smelled like a jungle - a porous, syrupy-sweet scent practically invaded his pores as he stepped through the thick brush. It also made Nixe think he was ridiculously; here the workers were wearing fairy dress, and he was in a plain old suit.

His bright green eyes surveyed the area, crinkling  as they were met by the sight of the tubby boat bar. Figuring it time he ordered a drink, the brunette made his way over to the bar, and sat down upon one of the canoe seats. Shrugging off his jacket, Nixe folded the piece up, and set it down upon the seat besides his.

Report Post Tip

Rae smiled and nudged Zizi with her elbow, "Don't worry, I've got this one." she said before making her way back to the bar. She hopped up on top of it and swung her legs around before standing, "Ahoy there, good sir!" she said with a mock salute. She grabbed a bit of netting that was hanging from the ceiling and swung herself over the bar before dropping to the ground, her dress floating out slightly. "Whoa, whoa!" she said as she frantically tried to hold the dress down, wouldn't do to flash the first customer of the evening. She straightened up and smiled at the man, "Why, hello!" she said as recognition kicked in, "Nixe, right?" she asked him as she leaned forward onto her elbows, resting her chin on her hand. "Fancy seeing you here." she added. 

Report Post Tip

He couldn't help himself; Nixe burst out into a fit of good-natured laughter as the Bartender attempted to keep he articles of clothing for fluttering up. Palming his eyes to get rid of the tears forming, the brunette looked up at the woman, and was a tad surprised to see a face that he recognized. "Fuckin' hell, Rae," He chuckled, smiling impishly at the woman dressed like a faerie. "You really crack me up sometimes.

Report Post Tip

She chuckled, "Well, what good is life if you're going to take it so seriously all the time?" She asked him as she reached behind her to get some tumblers. "I happen to know that seriousness is the number one cause of being boring." she informed him as she tilted her head back and looked down her nose at him. She only lasted about two seconds though, before she started giggling, "See? It'll get cha every time." she told him. "So what can I get you, we have just about everything here." she said as she set the glasses down and put some ice in hers. 

Report Post Tip

Well that did it, he started laughing once again. Damn it, Rae! he cursed the woman quietly. Why must you be so amusing. After gaining control of himself, Nixe resisted the urge to tear up once again. "You're right," said the brunette, shaking his head slowly. "And uh, drinks? Hmm, I know you have about everything, but what's on that list that is non-alcoholic?" 

Report Post Tip

She chuckled along with him and then handed him a napkin to wipe his eyes. "Honey, you're going to have to build up your tolerance to funny if you keep hanging around here." She told him. When has asked for something alcoholic she gasped and stared at him, "In this bar?" she asked him, her eyes narrowing slightly. "The front door." She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him for a few seconds before giggling, "Nah, just kidding sugar, We can do coffee, Water, some sodas and lemonade." she told him before she pointed a finger at him and said, "But keep in mind, those are all seriously boring drinks." 

Report Post Tip

The brunette smiled, throughly amused by Rae's character. Leaning back on his canoe seat, the male pretended to contemplate his actions. No tea, well, that's shameful! "Oh please, coffee is only boring because you proclaim it boring," chuckled Nixe, aiming a devious smile at the woman. "You just haven't spiced it up. Honestly, I thought that, what with the decorations, you would have faerie dust coffee or something like that.

Report Post Tip

She stared at him, "I didn't say it didn't have a fancy name!" she told him as she put her hands on her hips, "But at the end of the day its not nearly as much fun as a fairy Frou frou, which is strawberry, Mango, Rum and and a splash of lime" she informed in. 

"but if you want a mug of," she pauses and pretends to gag, grabbing at her throat, "Pirates Plunder, then who am I to stop you." she said with another frown. 

Report Post Tip

The male pursed his lips, relatively amused. "I didn't ask for a fancy name," he chuckled. "I was referring to the concoction itself. I mean, Faerie Frou Frou, well that's jazzy. So what have you done to jazz up your.. Pirate's Plunder?" Okay, even he would admit it, with a name like that, coffee was definitely a turn-away. Regardless, if the time called for it, Nixe would go through with it. Ordering coffe- .. pirates plunder.

Report Post Tip

She smiled sweetly, "We over brew it so its like tar, just like pirates use on their decks." she told him before she reached for a mug. "And don't even bother with sugar," she said, "It doesn't help." she chuckled at his face and then said, "Well, actually It's just coffee. But its like tar if Miss. Zizi over there does it, her attention span isn't great." she said with a laugh before she glanced at her friend was standing and stuck her tongue out at her. She turned her attention back to Nixe and said, "So, Coffee?" with a raised eyebrow. 

Report Post Tip

"Sure, tar sounds great." Nixe agreed amiably, already knowing what he was getting into. Fuck it, I'll drink it anyways. Rummaging through his coat next to him, he took out his wallet. "How much do I owe you?" The male asked, as he idly flipped through the various bills nestled within his wallet. As he waited for her to draw a cup, he turned towards the music, nodding his head to the beat. If there was anything Nixe loved, it was music.

Report Post Tip

She waved a hand, "Free of charge, silly." She told him as she reached for a mug and then walked to the other side of the deck to get the coffee pot. She poured the liquid in and then glanced up, "Sugar? Cream?" she asked him before setting the coffee pot back down and walking back over to him. She set the mug down and frowned, "Why are you drinking boring drinks anyway?" she asked, "I mean, it's a Friday night!" she threw her arms wide, "The world is your oyster." she lowered her hands and said, "Oh, oysters sound friggin delicious right now." before licking her lips. 

Report Post Tip

"I came here, isn't that interesting enough?" Nixe replied, as he took the steaming cup in hand. Lifting it to his lips, the brunette gently blew on the steaming liquid for a few liquids, before going for it. Nearly gagging on the thick liquid, the male forced it down. "Damn, you were right," murmured Nixe, as he almost choked on the coffee. "Believe it or not, Rae, I've a very boring guy."

Report Post Tip

Rae chuckled and shook her head, "Well, I'll do my best to cure you of that ailment." she told him as she reached for the bottle of vodka that she had left on the bar from the earlier toast with Zizi. "Oi, Zizi!" she called out, "You want a drink?" she tilted the bottle and poured a healthy amount of the liquid into her glass. She reached underneath the bar and grabbed a jar of red liquid which she added a few drops to her glass and then topped the whole thing of with a bit of cream soda. She glanced at Nixe and smiled, "Strawberry Shortcake in a glass." she told him with a slight shrug. "The red stuff is strawberry puree with some vanilla and sugar." she stirred the drink and then took a sip, "I've got a few bottles of vodka in the back with vanilla beans in them, I'm hoping vanilla vodka will make this even better." she told him. 

Report Post Tip

"Strawberry Shortcake? Now that doesn't sound very Neverlandian," Nixe teased, a gleam in his light eyes. Forcing himself to sip at the tar coffee, the brunette settled back in his chair. "Let me know how your vanilla vodka surprise comes out, will ya?" 

Report Post Tip

Spiels had finally made his way to Detroit and he knew the first place he needed to go was to visit his friend Rae.  Word of The Neverland Bar had reached the west coast so he had heard about it, but he had to see it with his own eyes.  

Spiels made his way to the main attraction and sat down on one of the cannon bar stools.  He looked around and hoped Rae was in town to serve him his drink.

Spiels got the attention of the girl behind the bar. 

Hello.  Rae wouldn't happen to be around, would she?

Report Post Tip
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title></title> </head> <body>

Eve stopped and stared in amazement as she stepped into the Neverland Bar.   She had never seen such a magnificent venue.  Pure genius! Although, she should not be surprised.  Her good friends Rayln and Zizi both had vivid imaginations and fantastic artistic flare.

"Sorry" Eve said, as she realised someone trying to get passed her.  She shook her head in an attempt to snap out of whatever alternate reality she was in and moved out of the way.   Still staring around in awe, she headed over to the bar and ordered herself a whiskey on the rocks before making her way to a table beside the dance floor.  @Carlos_Marc<wbr />ello said he would meet her for a drink, but of course he was late - as usual.

Report Post Tip

She chuckled and shook her head, "This is true. I'll have to work on some of the menu names. But sometimes its just easier to go with a simple name rather than explain over and over what everything thing is." she told Nixe before turning around and mixing a few things for the young man. He didn't seem to be interested in alcohol, but she couldn't make him sit there drinking the horrible excuse for coffee any longer. 

As she was mixing the ice cream and chocolate together she heard her name. Setting the spoon aside she turned around and grinned at Spiels_Jr, "Whats the matter, Spiels?" she asked, "Don't recognize me when my face isn't covered in cake?" She asked him with a laugh. "What can I get you?" she asked him as she reached over and handed him a menu. While he read it she turned back around and added some fresh strawberries to the mixture she was making Nixe and then scooped it into a large glass. Setting it down in front of him she said, "Here, Its call Happy thoughts." She told him with a wink, "Basically a chocolate and strawberry milk shake." she said before she added some sprinkles to the top. 

The door opened again and @Eve_L_Vxxen walked in. The woman stood there in a daze for a few moments. Once the woman came to the bar she poured her drink and handed it over. "Give me a shout if you need anything else." She told the woman just before she made her way to another table. 

Report Post Tip
"Interesting"

Rossi murmured to himself as he stood outside the venue. He had heard stories of this place, and of the owners, however couldn't find that excitable spark that the frontage supposedly offered. The two girls that opened the place were apparently notorious for flare and glamour, like a pair of gleaming gems in a dull and discarded crown. The front didn't offer that much in the way of flamboyance.

He stepped into the bar and his eyes widened.

"Oh"
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Neverland Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL