Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 03:00:03
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit City Started by: Disorder on Apr 19, '17 13:54

Striding confidently into the streets like a real mega-hero, Disorder's chemical cocktail was doing a fine job. Smiling at the crowd that occupied the bustling square, he walked up a few steps next to city hall and addressed the masses.

"Hello one and all!

There has been a lot of carnage lately and some quite justified questions raised about what next. Well, what next is plan of several stages but I'm here today to inform you about our plans for the city of Detroit."

Turning to his guards he nods and they begin installing a large sign on the wall outside city hall.

"Detroit will be opened as a free for all city for anyone who wants to try their hand at leadership. Unlike last time there will be no favour system. This time the rules of play will be very simple, with no room for interpretation or subjective opinion. As such, I encourage you all to look at the clear notice provided here today."

He turns and motions to the newly erected sign. The crowd huddles around, half murmuring with commentary, the other half simply reading aloud slowly. 

Detroit

Open City of Opportunity

~

Detroit is open to anyone of eligible rank who wishes to start their own family. Free from the constraints or rule of any conventional overseeing family or Godfather, each crew will be free to do as they please within the confines of their city. The simple rules will be as follows:

~

The Boundaries

The city perimeter will be iron-fenced. This means there will be no interference from outside the city on any events taking place within it. Likewise there will be no interference from inside the city on any of the population outside of it. To clarify:

The members and families of Detroit will be free to interact with and kill each other as they see fit. Outside authority will not get involved in internal Detroit politics, war or any other form of interference. The city will be 100% left to it's own devices as to how it operates and how it resolves internal conflict.

Any interference by any member of Detroit on any member of the outside community will be met with extreme prejudice. Any attack on an outside city member will most likely result in the removal of the family from which the offender came, or a crushingly unfair fine. The freedom within the city stops at the city limit!

~

The Limits

There will be limits on what each crew can do. Those limits will be set in stages as follows:

Stage 1 - An entry level 10 man HQ, with a limit of Very Well Protected Crew Leader protection and Very Well Fortified.

Stage 2 - A mid range 15 man HQ, with a limit of Extremely Well Protected Crew Leader protection and Extremely Well Fortified.

Stage 3 - A top level 20 man HQ,  with a limit of Insanely Well Protected Crew Leader protection and Insanely Well Fortified.

The maximum HQ size will be 20 and the maximum rank will be capped at Don.

There will be no more than three crews per district.

~

The Buy-in

Entry to the city will cost a fee and there will be weekly rent to pay that will scale with each Stage of play.

Stage 1 - Buy-in for 1 million. Rent will be 500k per week.

Stage 2 - Buy-in directly for 5 Million (upgrade from an existing 10 man HQ, 4 million). Rent will be 1 million per week.

Stage 3 - Buy-in directly for 10 million (upgrade for the difference from the previously held HQ, 5 or 9 million.) Rent will be 2 million per week.

~

The Reminder

Just as with the established cities, once a person decides to be a Crew Leader, there is no turning back. No one is permitted to step down or back out once they have crossed that line. So please, think carefully before embarking on this adventure.

~

After the crowd were mostly done absorbing the information, he gathered their attention once more.

"So there you have it. Simple as it gets. I'll be happy to help expand on anything if anyone has any questions but I'm not sure there can be that many with a system so straight forward. Still, I'll be happy to do what I can. Even for the dribbler over there still pawing at the sign.

Thank you for your time and attention."

Taking a few steps down into the crowd, he accepted a nice fresh cappuccino from one of his guards and mingled with the people.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Mmmm Mmm! I'm such a sucker for an open city, even if its just to watch from the outside. Best of luck to anyone thinking of jumping in!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This sounds amazing. A city of opportunity! Good luck to all that decide they wanna step up!

Report Post Tip

I am sure I will by no means be the last to offer up hypothetical scenarios Disorder, but a couple of questions - if I may.

Would Leaders in Detroit be permitted to internally decide - by whatever method the consensus is gained - to dispense with rules which are established to the point of entrenchment? Would Detroit Leaders, for example, be permitted to declare that the 5 minute contract rule does not apply within the confines of the Motor City - provided they have the nous to build a coalition in support of the idea within Detroit?

This leads, in an indirect way, to a second question. At what point is there a definitive line drawn between an outside Leader seeking to influence events within Detroit versus an outside Leader engaging in legitimate action against those inside? Personally, I would be happy with an answer along the lines of 'Whenever I fucking say so', but I can imagine a number of people on these streets with delicate sensibilities - bastard Mensheviks to a man - would be appalled at such a thought.

Do they get to live more then 14 days if they are not in favor with you?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $25,000 Tip

DonShaw_ listens carefully to every word that comes out of Godfather Disorders mouth thinking to himself what a amazing opportunity this will be for those who decided to grab it

He starts to speak "good luck to all who choose to set up there organisations in motor city" turning to Mr OddJob_JR he says "as Disorder did state there will be no favor system in Detroit so no it matters not if they are in favor or not how long they last will be down to them and how they choose to operate bearing in mind this is a free city meaning a lot of different crews with different mind sets and objectives as stated there will be no outside interference" 

DonShaw_ pulls out his hip flask and starts to drink realizing he has polished off the remains of what was left "Once again good luck to everyone for this amazing opportunity from Godfather Disorder may you have a thriving business" He Nods to Disorder as he heads to the shop to resupply on whisky 

Report Post Tip

I have a couple of questions.

1. If Detroit is a free city who is making sure that these Limits are being met? Detroit?

2. Who do the payments go to?  Detroit ?

3. If you have limits and have to pay someone? Is this truly free?

In my opinion to be considered a truly free for all  city the only rule be that would be needed is the boundaries.

I read and understood what he said DonShaw. I was being sarcastic.

Report Post Tip

Uhhh a few questions, since this is very poorly explained. Who actually decides when it's time to move up a stage, and how is it decided? 

Who is this rent going to? Is it being funneled back to LV or will it go up to MonsterHair in CH? 

What is the rent being used for? To maintain upkeep for your hitters or just extra gambling funds for MickDundee's incredible skillz? If this is an iron fenced city why is rent necessary at all? What happens if the rent isn't paid, wouldn't outside factors step in to enforce the rent?

The city will be 100% left to it's own devices as to how it operates

What if the city decides it wants to unify under a city head? What if it decides it doesn't wanna pay rent anymore?  

Report Post Tip

James he just wants another District to wipe out.

So, another target city...yay for crap from the boys!

"Ok lets take some of the more sensible questions."

He turns to Ilych.

"Good question about the city unifying in opposition to the generally accepted MIA time rule. I suppose the residents could make internal policy choices like that if they felt they had to. I really can't see how any one would benefit from creating policies that would serve no purpose than to antagonize the outside community. Can you? I can only imagine that resident CLs in Detroit will keep a certain level of common sense when trying to maintain a peaceful relationship with the rest of the country's leaders.

Your second question ties in with another James asked. No one can police the verbal interactions between leaders inside and outside the city. Nor would anyone want to. Our involvement will only relate to actual actions. An outside leader lending firepower to an internal struggle for example. That is not permitted."

Looking at amaranth, he goes on.

"All matters relating to enforcing the rules of the city will be dealt with by Las Vegas and Chicago. Primarily through me. Payments will go to me and be used for whatever Las Vegas and Chicago need them to be used for. 

As for your rather philosophical question about the nature of freedom. No, the residents are not free in the sense that established cities are free. they accept that going in. There are very real restrictions placed on their Leadership and they will have accepted this before they make the decision to begin. If they can't accept the rules, they should not participate. The city is free because there is no rule about who can or can not set up. Its open to anyone at all. In that sense it is absolutely free."

Turning to James he carries on.

"The participant crew leader decides when or if they want to move from stage to stage. In answer to your other questions, as I said, the rent will go to Las Vegas and Chicago and we will use the money for whatever we need to use it for. That is our business. You ask why rent is necessary at all? Because we aren't a fucking charity and this isn't fucking Disneyland. If you want in you accept the rates, if you don't accept the rates, don't do it. if the rent isn't paid, we will remove the family, Period. 

If the city decides it wants to unite under a city head, that's totally up to them. As long as they stay within the restrictions placed on them, they can politically structure themselves however they like. 

If the city as a whole doesn't pay rent, then the city as a whole gets wiped the fuck out. Simple."

Report Post Tip

Good to see some life is being breathed back into the streets of DT. I look forward to see how this plan unfolds over the coming days and weeks. Good luck to those who chose to set up. And from what Godfather Disorder has said, it looks like you had better make sure you pay that rent! But seriously it is a great opportunity and I hope that it is a successful venture. 

Report Post Tip

Understandable, you don't need to disclose your taxes if you chose not to. And it's clear that you aren't a charity, but essentially this is going to be kind of like Disneyland, right?

You pay for your ticket and you're free to enjoy the area. This is what I like to call a "free for all city". So what people would pay for is zero protection and the ability to shoot whatever the hell they want?

I'm liking the idea, would I be allowed to shoot anything that flies into Detroit? Since it's a fenced off city, any trespassers should be considered free game.

Report Post Tip

No. The rues are pretty clear on that:

Any interference by any member of Detroit on any member of the outside community will be met with extreme prejudice. Any attack on an outside city member will most likely result in the removal of the family from which the offender came, or a crushingly unfair fine. The freedom within the city stops at the city limit!

Report Post Tip

But surely, if hypothetically the leaders decided to put a city on lockdown stating anyone not from Detroit entering the city is forfeiting their life, they shouldn't be punished. As you said, sir: 

The freedom within the city stops at the city limit!

Killing someone within the city of Detroit is well within the city limits. 

So even though it is a free city, there are things you still won't allow the city to do, I'm assuming such as take an action like this. 

Report Post Tip

"An outside leader lending firepower to an internal struggle for example. That is not permitted."

Here you go. It will be said tat happened with nothing to substantiate but coffee shop talk.

Report Post Tip

But surely, if hypothetically the leaders decided to put a city on lockdown stating anyone not from Detroit entering the city is forfeiting their life, they shouldn't be punished.

That would be interfering with the outside community. 

Killing someone within the city of Detroit is well within the city limits. 

Again:

"The members and families of Detroit will be free to interact with and kill each other as they see fit. Outside authority will not get involved in internal Detroit politics, war or any other form of interference. The city will be 100% left to it's own devices as to how it operates and how it resolves internal conflict.

Any interference by any member of Detroit on any member of the outside community will be met with extreme prejudice. Any attack on an outside city member will most likely result in the removal of the family from which the offender came, or a crushingly unfair fine. The freedom within the city stops at the city limit!"

So.. Detroit members can do whatever they like to each other. They can NOT do whatever they like to members of the external community. Regardless of whether the external community happen to be in Detroit at that time or not. 

Report Post Tip

Sirius was going down the street as he saw a crown around Disorder as he spoke about the future of Detroit.

Slowing down he got a cigar from his pocket and lighted it up.

After waiting for a silence inbetween all the people debating the last hot news he said

"Seems like a wonderful opportunity Godfather you present us here. I am sure someone will finally give Detroit some new spirit i guess, it looked like a ghost town last time i was there...

For those who want to step up their game and are willing to set up in Detroit i want to say good luck"

Report Post Tip
So weird question but say someone sets up a family in Detroit and kills everyone else that is established within the city already and proceeds to constantly kill anyone that tries to set up a crew in Detroit; is that allowed or will they be removed?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Detroit City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL