Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 17:31:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit City Started by: Disorder on Apr 19, '17 13:54

"Sorry Sir I did not specify what I meant. Sorry for the confusion"

Palladino takes a big gulp of the crisp fresh air

" What I meant was... Can any crew with the use of their current crew just wipe out a DT residing crew and place their person in? If so it looks DT then looks like a shooting gallery for other crews. Sorry if I am wrong and have read into all this the wrong way"

Report Post Tip

Alex stepped forward and cleared his throat slightly, he glanced around to make sure he wasn't hallucinating this time and that the question was actually just asked. Seeing the man still standing there looking like he wanted an answer Alex nodded and spoke. 

"I cannot speak for the Godfather, obviously, but I believe that it would need to be an individual who has made his intentions clear to Godfather Disorder who would then try and take out an existing leader - not a current crew making a power grab into Detroit."

Report Post Tip

The person wishing to make an assault on an existing crew would need to brief me of their plan and the people (if any) they intended to get help from to do it. These people would have to be people that would then go on to be crew members of the new Leader should their assault be successful. 

Should any deviation from that plan occur or any WS be acquired for shots taken from outside sources, our intervention would be swift and total. 

Report Post Tip

Disorder

If someone has intentions of attempting this "come in shoot em take over" style offer... do they have to tell you a specific crew that they wish to attempt to take out, or just let them come in and play "eeny meeny miny moe" roulette and see who they think they can wipe out?

If they attempt to remove an existing leader, and fail... what happens then?  Do they slink off back to their crew?  Does DT have free reign to punish them?

The person wishing to make an assault on an existing crew would need to brief me of their plan and the people (if any) they intended to get help from to do it. These people would have to be people that would then go on to be crew members of the new Leader should their assault be successful.

And okay your mentioning of "these people" so more than the intended CL is allowed to come in and wave out an existing crew??  As long as they stay in DT after wiping said crew.

Shouldn't only the intended person wishing to take over be the only attacker?  Or are you limiting the number in "attacking group of people" allowed to wipe an existing crew out?

Rules seems to be getting tweaked as we go by, so just looking for clarity.

Report Post Tip

Their plan* 

I am guessing is to mean to tell you the crew they intend to remove..?

Report Post Tip

Sofia the rules aren't getting tweaked as we go along. This aspect of the rules is being explained for the first time.

Now, to your valid questions.

If someone has intentions of attempting this "come in shoot em take over" style offer... do they have to tell you a specific crew that they wish to attempt to take out, or just let them come in and play "eeny meeny miny moe" roulette and see who they think they can wipe out?

The person attacking would not be obligated to tell me which crew they intended to attack. That would even further enhance the privacy of their plan and the integrity of the event. 

If they attempt to remove an existing leader, and fail... what happens then?  Do they slink off back to their crew?  Does DT have free reign to punish them?

It would be a do or die scenario. I can't envision a situation where the attacker would live if they failed. Once they embarked on their attack, they would be declaring themselves a part of Detroit and so subject to Detroit rules.

Shouldn't only the intended person wishing to take over be the only attacker?  Or are you limiting the number in "attacking group of people" allowed to wipe an existing crew out?

No. The existing crew will be using all their members to repel the attack so why should the invading crew be limited to just one person? Indeed any prospective crew members with balls enough to go in with their would-be leader, should be commended for their bravery and allowed to help them fight. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the clarification.

Report Post Tip

"Thank you Sir for clearing that up"

Palladino dissapear's back into the crowd 

Report Post Tip

A little late to throw an opinion in, Tammy offers a passing comment on the approach to Detroit.

"Certainly a much more refined way of doin' tings', mista Disorder. I know past attempts to set up cities with 'alternative' rules have been a lil' too complex or unclear. This seems to have been well received and clear cut on what the situation is."

"When you truly tink' about it, the options open to Detroit are really a miniature version of what we're dealing with across all the cities. Politics, money, strength and fear."

Report Post Tip

With the shuffling around of things, is shooting your way in still the only option, Disorder? Or does it now revert to the original style?

Report Post Tip
Shooting in was only when the city is full
Report Post Tip

When the fuck did you grow hair Disorder?!?

Telkin did a doubletake.

Oh, I see. You're not Disorder at all! I had assumed as much about the entrance situation, however I think I'd still like to have that confirmed for all from the man himself. 

Report Post Tip
Suityourself
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My heart is like an experiment city..... she blasted her way in... showed no mercy........ conquering me...

Report Post Tip

Politics, money, strength and fear.

I don't get the point of people complaining semi-openly about a genius combination of strategy planning and plans put in practice. How else would you build a lasting empire? Did you try and failed? Did you have some friends who did betray you in your plans? Did you build an Empire that was so bored of its successes to fail from within because there was no plausible threat from the barbarian world surrounding it and getting civilized by centuries to come? Do you fancy an open Country scenario a la Detroit? What did prevent you from achieving it?

You always have some pillars of creation and destruction available. Once the boredom point is achieved, all systems go down as a system. Enjoy when it happens. Fittest will survive (even if I did not like the best option for any regime, a serial of takedowns)... But pay to Caesar what is due to Caesar. It's not money, it's respect for something very few will manage to renew, in a far and distant future.

Report Post Tip

Following on from a discussion in the other announcement about Los Angeles. There has been an amendment to the rules to accommodate governance of both cities together. The rules linking the two cities are as follows:

Connection of Los Angeles and Detroit

For as long as both Los Angeles and Detroit function as rental cities under their current rules, they will be allowed to interact. As with each city as it stands, that interaction will meet the following rules:

1 - Crews from each city may interact beneficially or detrimentally with each other, in either or both cities, as they see fit.

2 - Crews are free to form intercity alliances and business plans as they wish.

3 - No external governance will be enforced on any internal activity taking place in either or both cities, so long as it does not impact the outside community. 

4 - No harmful action of any kind (Pickpocket and mugging squabbles will not be considered significant) will be taken by any member of either city on the outer community. 

5 - Crews wishing to transfer from one city to another may do so as they wish. Rent will be paid every Friday to each crew's current landlord. 

6 - If one city is full the next crew wishing to move in will not be forced to shoot their way in. Instead they will be offered one of the remaining places in the other city. Only when both cities are full wish a shoot to enter approach be required. 

Report Post Tip

Disorder wanders out into the Downtown Detroit square.

"As of now the rental status of Detroit city has been suspended. It will now operate and a natural city, with atuhs selected by the leadership of Las Vegas and Chicago.

To repeat, for the hard of hearing..."

Detroit is now a normal city once more!

Looking around to make sure everyone got the message, he nodded in appreciation of the attentive gathering and went about his business.

Report Post Tip
Il. Who eat. I'mnot here to question this. I think it's a fantastic idea. Let's see who steps up.
Report Post Tip

Curious so I must ask; 'now suspended'. Does this mean after the rebuild we as a community go through is over that Detroit's rental status will open back up?

If not then Disorder would you say this idea was a success? If so what were your favourite moments, if not then why?

None the less I personally quite enjoyed seeing how people operated in a world of constant stress and paranoia. I liked how a couple people that were there tried being innovative and somewhat succeeded. I think all in all this was an entertaining part of life for the past two months, and I would like to thank you for implementing this little shindig for as long as you did.

Report Post Tip

Actually Menace it was three going onto four months.

So weird question but say someone sets up a family in Detroit and kills everyone else that is established within the city already and proceeds to constantly kill anyone that tries to set up a crew in Detroit; is that allowed or will they be removed?
Reply by: TonyCosta at Apr 20, '17 18:09

It was great looking back through this speech and seeing this comment in particular. Who would've guessed he actually would.. haha good times. I guess with the exception of Richard-Dallas though.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Detroit City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL