Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 02:28:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
LA, The Wild West. Started by: Curtis on Mar 08, '15 20:43

I rarely come to the streets and talk mainly due to the fact nothing ever interests me in whats been said here. I am sure if I bothered to read the other mails being written there will be a negativity about this idea and yes its never worked as a concept and yes it never lasts long.

But saying that I am sure a lot of people like myself are sick of the same bloodlines getting auth and failing time and time again, this idea allows people who should have been given the chance before this to go prove they deserve a shot at leadership and I hope a few take it up.

Guess I should put something about smoking a cig and throwing it to the ground and walking off to finish the speech but whats the point?

Report Post Tip
Is there a maximum age/ status for participants? Having 3 young gangsters start up then a consig with 130 days and a cannon join in would be pretty harsh :/
Report Post Tip
Not young gangster as in rank, you know what i mean xD
Report Post Tip

The only requirement to enter the arena is that you are at least ready to rank to Made Man and start your own family. That's it.

If you want to walk in there as an IWP Don, that's entirely up to you. Each person's level of preparation is their own business.  

Report Post Tip
Dayum. Well, thats a game changer
Report Post Tip

It depends on the landscape of the city at the time. In all probability you won't get Dons walking in there until much later in the experiment when the comparative level of the city's occupants has risen significantly. 

Report Post Tip
While many will view this with certain understandable skepticism, there are some great possibilities that those with imagination could implement within LA's city limits that could be lucrative for the participants and would fall within the rules set forth by Godfather Curtis. Despite certain restrictions, there are also many freedoms that are afforded by being given the opportunity to govern your own city, but I will say no more on the matter and look forward to seeing what the participants bring to the table themselves.
Report Post Tip

Good idea, may the odds be ever in your favor 

Report Post Tip

Cin had been watching the conversations being had before she popped up.

Is it really running a city though Batiatus? I mean no disrespect but if you don't get to sit in on meetings and cannot reach Godfather, I just find it hard to see that as leading. It seems more like sheltering people and hoping that you don't get to be the target of some fire friendly individuals.

It's an interesting concept that is for sure. I just find if you truly want to be a leader that maybe this may not be the route to go. Since it seems like it is a good way to get out some grudges I suppose.

Report Post Tip

Cin. If you take control of the city you are at liberty to set and enforce it's rules. In that respect you would definitely be leading a city. Not in an orthodox sense but you would be top dog in that city. No one else would be leading it, that is for sure. The leaders in LA will only ever have the ability to fight with and govern each other. I certainly don't see that as 'sheltering' people. I'm not exactly sure how you can see a dog-eat-dog free-for-all as 'shelter'

In terms of the rest of the country, of course there will be no parity with normal leaders and their influence. Allowing that would be to make an absolute mockery of the long hard road that people take for full auth now. This is NOT that and never will be.

Report Post Tip

You guys are trying to make this something it isn't.

As Curtis clearly stated, it's not a competition. If you're looking to win, this isn't the place to go, because there is no winner. 

This is simply the council's way of saying, "You don't like us? Cool. Think you could do better? Cool. Go to LA and do it. You are absolved of all connections to the rest of the country. You will be isolated and free to do as you wish with your city. However, limits are put in place to make sure that you never abuse this opportunity and use it for revenge or some other devious reason."

Who knows, maybe one of the whiny piss ant types that always come out of a war will go over there and do something great. And maybe at some point down the road, after they've proven themselves and are clearly right for the position, maybe the council would give it to them. I'm sure that's not their intention, but that's not to say that someone very special taking advantage of this chance couldn't change that.

Report Post Tip
We have our first crew in LA, congrats to Abe Lincon
Report Post Tip

An odd decision, if you ask me. 

He's got balls. Being the first to set up, he's showing initiative. But going without any protection? I don't know how well that might work out for him. All it would take is one trigger happy bastard heading west to ruin it for him.

Report Post Tip

Indeed, it doesn't take much of a gun to eliminate him. But whatever suits him.

Report Post Tip
But it needs to be someone who sets up in LA also to kill him.
Report Post Tip

Obviously.

But I think about 75% of the population has the ability to kill him right now. Possibly more. All it would take is one person to say, fuck it, I'll take LA.

Report Post Tip
What's the point? There is room for everyone.
Report Post Tip

Because that's not the way it works in these situations my friend. You take or be taken.

Heh. Rules being broken already.

Rest in Peace Mr. Lincoln.

Report Post Tip

That was very short indeed. Also, there is no room for everyone. There is a limit on the number of crews allowed within a district.

Report Post Tip
Who hit him? There can be 10 crews in total. 5 districts.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA, The Wild West.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL