Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 21:10:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
LA, The Wild West. Started by: Curtis on Mar 08, '15 20:43

Al_Capone, I couldn't agree more with you. Some people take that Made Man ceremony and its words too lightly...

"I shall leve this family only dead" means you haven't left that family if you aint dead...

Remark, death could be easily aranged if someone decides to step somewhere non invited or without agreement from the local authorities too...

Report Post Tip

Remark also, you could also demote a cap killer to wise and, sent him die on a mission, lol, but it still could be seen as outside interference, and evrybody would know where his origins are...

Report Post Tip

I think there would be a clear distinction to make between someone going there simply to assassinate and someone growing tired of life in LA and choosing to end their stint as a leader there. It does present a grey area though. 

I'd suggest any new arrival in Los Angeles should be looking at a minimum commitment of at least one month. Anyone standing down within a month of entering the arena will need to explain themselves. 

Report Post Tip

Chilled I can assure you that Los Angeles is not a lawless city, yes we are somewhat different to the other fine cities of our world but LA is definitely not lawless we still respect the laws of the land and anyone thinking they can come over here for a free ride will be in for quite a shock.

Regardless of LA's status we are all still accountable for our own actions, as with any of the cities if certain rules are broken you will find yourself in hot water fairly quickly as others have found out.

I'd suggest any new arrival in Los Angeles should be looking at a minimum commitment of at least one month. Anyone standing down within a month of entering the arena will need to explain themselves. 

Personally I would have to agree with godfather Curtis' here, LA offers people a chance some wouldn't otherwise get but as with anything in life commitments have to be made and as stated this IS NOT a competition there are no prizes just an opportunity for some to try and achieve their own goals.

Report Post Tip

So do leaders no longer have to give a notification that they are setting up in LA and not rogue? I haven't seen anything in the case of Whorable so I am curious.

Report Post Tip

I think you'll find I sent a MM out to all crew leaders Melis it's down to them to pass it down.

Report Post Tip
Templar she's supposed to make a thread as well... Where is it?
Report Post Tip

Patience me dear fellow she is sorting it

Report Post Tip

Let me quote Curtis

This announcement does not need to be more than one simple line letting everyone know that you are going to be setting up and have all the required permissions to do so. This can be done in a simple post in this conversation or an entire speech of your own in the streets. One way or another, some form of public notification in the streets will be a must from now on.  

Report Post Tip

Your point Melis? as i said a MM went out she is currently sorting her thread as I have also mentioned

Report Post Tip

Actually let me quote Godfather Curtis.

Yes it does. The only thing anyone will need to set up as a leader in LA will be permission from their current leader to go and do it, then a mass mail from that leader to the rest of the upper structures informing us that said individual was about to make a stand in LA. Nothing more.  

If, down the line, the currently existing leaders in LA want to enforce rules about speeches or any other for of prerequisite to setting up there, that us up to them to decide and enforce as they are able.

Report Post Tip

My point is that Curtis said it needed to be in the streets. In the public. Not in a mail that you have someone deliver.

Being prepared beforehand always saves a headache later on.

Report Post Tip

Excuse me.

Coughs.

Does this mean that LA will be exempt from rules like the street speaking requirement for auth?

Yes it does. The only thing anyone will need to set up as a leader in LA will be permission from their current leader to go and do it, then a mass mail from that leader to the rest of the upper structures informing us that said individual was about to make a stand in LA. Nothing more.  

If, down the line, the currently existing leaders in LA want to enforce rules about speeches or any other for of prerequisite to setting up there, that us up to them to decide and enforce as they are able.

Everything was done correctly and in accordance of all the guidelines. 

Report Post Tip

I'll just leave this discussion.

Seems the vodka from yesterday is really hitting me hard still...

Stumbles off trying not to look more like an idiot.

Report Post Tip

... a mass mail from that leader to the rest of the upper structures informing us that said individual was about to make a stand in LA. Nothing more. 

Haven't received any mail about it. 

Report Post Tip

There ya go Chilled!

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/576913#10054731

Read it and weep it...... 

Report Post Tip

I would just like to bring a little clarity to this conversation. Melis was indeed correct, that some small piece of information be posted in the streets before someone sets up in LA. This was essentially to protect the people who were going there as well as inform the masses.

An Amendment to the Rules!

In light of the tragic death of AbrahamLincoln, all future leaders in LA will need to announce themselves in the streets. 

This announcement does not need to be more than one simple line letting everyone know that you are going to be setting up and have all the required permissions to do so. This can be done in a simple post in this conversation or an entire speech of your own in the streets. One way or another, some form of public notification in the streets will be a must from now on.  

Reply by: Curtis at Mar 10, '15 00:35

Seems this was overlooked and the ball had been dropped on this occasion. And yes Paul, the matter has been recified, no need to get snippy about it.

These standards were set in place for a reason. I would have thought those already in LA would be well versed in them.

Report Post Tip
Paul, she posted it after setting up... It should be posted the second before she does it. Also there is no need to be so rude. All I did was point out the fact that she did not post a thread before setting up, should someone not received a mail like Obscure she could've been bloody killed! It's reckless and we are damn lucky that she did not die tonight
Report Post Tip

It wasn't blatant disregard. It was an issue of another kind. I posted, it's done... can we please just move on? 

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately the rules are clear regarding LA and anyone wishing to be authed there. A standard was set for the smooth running of anyone setting up and its disappointing that these couldn't be followed by people who are already there and should be very aware of how things were meant to be done. It's unfair to the rest of the community who have to abide by certain rules.

I would hope that care will be taken for any future auths.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA, The Wild West.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL