Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 05:39:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
LA, The Wild West. Started by: Curtis on Mar 08, '15 20:43

That would be the logic from your perspective, Obscure, but think from the POV of a new LA CL, freshly started. He knows he has a line to toe, if he doesn't then he's dead.

Report Post Tip

I think it has to be as Obscure and Louis have said, perfect common sense to help out when a rogue appears. There need not be a convention about it. Everyone is equally susceptible to attacks from rogues, not helping end the threat would be foolish. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the announcements and new opportunity Godfather Curtis. Looking forward to see if the current Dons and Family Heads can get every city and district bound to our thing again.

Leaning onto a post Potato reminisces similar opportunities from the past and what it brought to this thing ours.  This will be entertaining.

Report Post Tip

An Amendment to the Rules!

In light of the tragic death of AbrahamLincoln, all future leaders in LA will need to announce themselves in the streets. 

This announcement does not need to be more than one simple line letting everyone know that you are going to be setting up and have all the required permissions to do so. This can be done in a simple post in this conversation or an entire speech of your own in the streets. One way or another, some form of public notification in the streets will be a must from now on.  

Report Post Tip

And now history shall not repeat itself... or then again perhaps it will.

Brielle sits back with a drink in her hand waiting patiently for the next LA hopeful to set up to see what happens next!!!

Report Post Tip

There were few things that excited Nisha, this wasn’t one of them. At the same time, it wasn’t boring enough to make her decide to keep walking down the street. She, with ButtStallion in tow, took a standing spot in the crowd that had gathered around Godfather Chairman Curtis and listened to the announcement. As he spoke she listened more carefully and caught herself nodding in agreement. Which she quickly stopped doing as soon as she started, not because she didn’t agree with what was being said, but to only keep her face stoned. 

Eventually one of the fliers that came with Godfather Curtis arrived in her hand and she took at look at it. The not a competition seemed to be thought out and more organized compared to similar events in recent history. As Godfather Curtis came to end, Nisha watched the crowd. There were many that wanted to speak and she’d listen, curious to what they had to say, to comment on. After muling around the idea of speaking making her own comment on this event or not, she decided she would. 

I personally…

That’s all Nisha was able to get in before ButtStallion was taking his/her turn voicing…snorting...whatever sound horses made.

Neigh. Neeeigh neigh. Neigh neiiiiiigh neeeeeeiiiigh. Neigh neigh. Neeigh. Neeeeeiiiiiighhhh, Neigh neeeiiigggh

Good thing she had ButtStallion with her to rudely interrupt what she was about to say. Nisha looked over at the horse sternly who got the message and shut it’s trap. 

I personally look forward to the entertainment we’ll all witness from this event. Good luck to those who wish to test their luck in the wild. 

Short and sweet short. Nisha tipped her hat and continued on her way. 

Report Post Tip

New blood in LA soon to open? Sounds great idea there father! This would be fun to the under achiever to prove them self that they can manage a crew. Seems this is the fair game ;)

Agree! Agree! 

Report Post Tip

I dont have a lot to say here as I'm just getting started here, but AI will go on record as saying I love L.A. and have fond memories ofit under (the now some time deceased) GF Starscream. I'd really like to see it flourish again sometime soon.

Report Post Tip

i must admit the rules make it interesting even if not my cup of tea at least the rules are simple. lets hope no more accidents/mistakes like the last one.

as for anouncing on the streets, i think this should be a natural move for all leaders before setting up.

Report Post Tip
I too would like to see LA flourish once again. And who knows KalypsoVucci, with the right ambition the person who makes it flourish again could be you someday.

May the next daring sole who seeks glory in Los Angeles see better fortune than good AbrahamLincoln did, a man who bottom line did nothing wrong despite some of the things said here. And while Abraham may have fared better had certain things been done differently, if I had done things differently even, perhaps he would have met the same fate. I for one can attest that he was given mere minutes, if that, to do much more than purchase his new clubhouse before being struck down. There will always be the people who will trumpet what should have been done differently, what could have been done differently, and what they would have been done that would have led their own fates down a better course. Of course nobody knows for sure, and these words generally amount to piss and shit. However, there were also some very good points brought up as well, good enough points to bring about new changes, as should be expected at the beginning of any experiment.

To brighter futures for LA. May AbrahamLincoln's death be an indication of how people may wish to approach LA differently in the future, and may AbrahamLincoln be remembered as fucking MARTYR!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the thought Dominus, I hope to prove worthy of that hope some day. In the mean time I will work hard for my family until the powers that be decide that day comes, if it does. If not, I hope someone will put in a effort worth of such a place and make it the shining gem of the west coast it used to be.

Report Post Tip

This is a tremendous idea, and just slightly different enough from what has happened in the past to make it feel new. Its a shame that our first contestant was removed prematurely... no contestant isn't right, even though its not a competition, I feel that there is something to win and something to prove. Pride is at stake here, and the prize is success.

I hope that anyone else considering taking up the offer of taming LA is not put off by the tragic death of Honest Abe, and I wish them the best of luck for what lays ahead of them.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't aware you were able to bring people with you? 

That would certainly change things. If you are able to select and bring hands with you, it could give you quite an edge over the competition. 

Report Post Tip

Goku I guess if you have others who are willing to take the risk then it adds some protection, but I do agree that it does add a little favouritism to those who are already an established bloodline in this 'thing of ours', as a trial run I guess we'll have to see how it pans out.

Report Post Tip
I suppose that would depend on if the participants consider the other LA crews as competition. There is no prize to be won by being last man standing, perhaps the LA crews would fare better to work in unison as opposed to tearing each other down as we have seen in past experiments.

It does bring up an interesting point... does LA's 'competition' for lack of a better term reside within LA? Or is their competition the established crime families outside the LA city limits?
Report Post Tip

I think it would actually be quite intriguing to see the L.A. do the opposite of what most of us would have anticipated.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see them take a leap towards unity, diplomacy and politics rather than brute force and war? At that point would it still be considered the Wild West? I personally would like to see some of the bloodlines that talk about never being given a proper opportunity go out there and rise to the occasion and show how much value they can bring to a crew, district and to our world in general. Maybe make a name for themselves, rise up and make a name for their bloodline. 

It'll be interesting to watch and see which routes and methods they will choose to rise to power and to control the west.

Report Post Tip

I have but one question, a bit late here, but a question really. What would the community at large say about LA and recruiting practices? Are they to follow the same standards we have set for ourselves else where, or are they free to do as they please in this regard? I'd like to see this addressed and situated so we're on the same page here.

Report Post Tip

That's a very good question.

I would personally expect all the LA CLs to explain to each prospective member, what they were getting into before they signed up. I think it would be terribly misleading to bring someone into their family without first making sure they were fully aware of the dynamics of the family and city they were joining. Not to do so would be grossly unfair to the unwitting associate. 

I would like all the LA CLs would like to ensure they are always clear about this.  

Report Post Tip
I have told all my guys, that once you go to sleep at night, we run the risk of never wakin up.
Report Post Tip

I have told all my guys, that once you go to sleep at night, we run the risk of never wakin up.

Yesterday, upon the stair, he met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today, he wished, he wished he'd go away...

When he came home last night at three, a man was waiting there for him
But when he looked around the hall, he couldn't see him there at all!

Last night before he went to sleep, he saw upon the stair, a little man who wasn't there
The little man wasn't there again today, but he was no longer with his crew to say his 
morning prayer.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA, The Wild West.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL