Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 07:45:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
LA, The Wild West. Started by: Curtis on Mar 08, '15 20:43

...things were meant to be done. It's unfair to the rest of the community who have to abide by certain rules.

"Fairness" is a bar set by the privileged few. Don't make this about the many.

Shooting someone because there posting was late hardly justifies cause for that action. You are not making things run smooth, you are making people like me not give a fuck about bettering themselves because we know you're just going to shoot us when we make an oopsie... no mediation required.

Just one man's opinion, still... not very impressed, but still your privileged decision to make none the less.

Report Post Tip

"Fairness" is a bar set by the privileged few. Don't make this about the many.

Rules are set by the few for the many. Given that a Crew Leader has been shot in the past for overlooking this rule, it would be grossly unfair to allow this same transgression slide. 

we know you're just going to shoot us when we make an oopsie

You will only incur bad reaction if you break clearly established rules. Rules that have been plastered all over the public streets for a long time now. If you chose to not pay attention and go off doing whatever you want without checking the rules first, you only have yourself to blame.

Report Post Tip

I had hoped that this rule would be more of a guideline to drastically decrease the possibility of being seen as a rogue while setting up in Los Angeles, and not a device to shoot those who violate this rule. If they set up before the thread and get shot because people think it's a rogue, sure, fine. (and even then most people would just abuse the rules while knowing there isn't a rogue)

But to shoot people over it seems weird to me. Definitely not good for smooth sailing, at least. Too much outside interference for me.

Report Post Tip

I think the right thing was done in this situation. 

No secret was made of the fact that a public announcement had to be made before anybody could step up into a bold suit in Los Angeles. This is a common standard across our world, but it is a required standard in Los Angeles in particular. Everybody else who has set up in Los Angeles has managed to follow this very basic rule. Why should Whorable have been exempt from it? Why should she have been allowed to blatantly disregard the ruling of Godfather Curtis on this matter with no comeback?

Had the other Godfathers made this rule up in order to justify shooting Whorable, I'd probably be out here calling them heavy handed. But they didn't. They made this rule quite some time ago, it was a rule that everybody who set up after it was made followed, it was a rule that Whorable and her ancestor, who was a freaking right hand in Los Angeles and therefore really should have been paying attention to ensuring this standard was kept, most definitely knew about. If she didn't, then I have to question why on earth the rest of Los Angeles would wish to allow somebody who clearly walks around with their eyes closed to wear a bold suit and stand among them. 

The announcements and the updates were made. Everybody else followed them for long enough that it was an established fact of life in Los Angeles - something I know because of the journals of my ancestor who lived there. Whorable disregarded this and therefore broke the rules established by the Godfathers when they opened Los Angeles. Whorable died. This was Whorable's own fault for ignoring rules that there is literally no way she could have been unaware of. It's not really a scandal, is it?

Report Post Tip

Melis, why do you always feel the need to step in and bitch where it isn't your place to step in and bitch? Time and time again this is what you do, if you haven't found out yet that's also why nearly every crew you have been with they kill you. You could be a decent player, but you just haven't learned to shut the fuck up. As for this street corner in general, it's a joke. Who places an amendment to the rules midway through a conversation? Obviously this will get missed time and time again as new leaders will look through the rules on the first page, and that will be that. So if you knew how to do your job Curtis you would have went to a new corner and placed all the rules in one place there so we wouldn't have to read through a bunch of non sense to piece together all your rules for the rule-less city. Shows your character too, if you had any you would have defended that mishap because of your disrespectful murder of Whorable's kin and then only offered them 5 million when you know that if it would have happened to any of your own in New York the request would have been 20 million or more and you would have also requested their head. Hypocrisy at it's finest. 

Turns and heads off towards the firing range to begin his task in life. 

Report Post Tip

While you are entitled to your own opinion I have the belief of saying something if something is wrong. As it's been pointed out that someone else had died for the exact same thing, I think it's hardly fair to turn a blind eye when it happens again. There are rules in place for a reason. Standards in place for a reason. So instead of being angry at everyone else perhaps you should look at all the facts that have been presented to you.

Or you can just be mad. Anger certainly won't help though.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe I'm actually about to agree with Melis.

Whorable had an ancestor who was a right hand, who was requesting auth in Los Angeles, a while back, while I myself had an ancestor who was a right hand in Los Angeles also. Whorable and her ancestor must've seen at least 6-7 people set up in Los Angeles in the time she had been there and wishing to step up herself. Whorable should have known, both as a right hand and therefore a member of the cities upper structure, and to be honest merely as a long term resident of the city (I mean, surely to goodness you make an effort to get to know fully the situation regarding any city you join?!) that the expectation of a speech before you take the bold suit existed.

I mean, shitting hell, I'm fairly sure it's in my ancestors journals that Whorable had this exact problem the last time her line donned a bold suit - the speech was delayed and I believe that Godfather Spunky had another Godfather have to speak with him to ask when she would be fulfilling the speaking requirements that the Godfather Council had agreed should be met BEFORE a person donned a bold suit, as she had not bothered to do so.

I am unsure if Whorable's bloodline believes that she is exempt from the rules of the Godfathers, or whether she just walks around with her eyes shut enough that she is truly unaware of them, but the Godfathers have made standards which they have upheld. I have to wonder whether there would be quite so many people kicking up quite so much fuss about the Godfathers upholding their own rules if the person who had broken the rules and been punished for it was male rather than (probably) female.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

VladimirVoloshin is strolling through the streets when he over hears some fuss about the recent take down of someone who set up without following the rules of the wild west.

First, let me say that despite whether or not it was a blatant disregard to the rules, or just a foul up... an accident, it does not matter. Even if it was just an accident, should we in turn disregard people shooting CA's, Bodyguards, or even sponsored members of crews if the gunfire was merely an accident?

Secondly, to comment on Ramcharger's words.

Shooting someone because there posting was late hardly justifies cause for that action.

Shooting someone because they were late is DEFINITELY justified. The rules were set. The consequences of not following said rules was also clearly stated. It isn't a difficult task to do things in order. Jumping the gun can have dire consequences regardless of the setting. And here is a perfect example.

But, I'm an understanding man, so please, Ramcharger, if you are such an expert interpreter of the rules that Godfather Curtis has set as law, could you please explain which rules should be followed, and which rules it is ok to "oopsie?"

This shouldn't be a debate. A rule was laid down regarding a city by Godfather Curtis. You may choose to follow those rules, or you disregard and ignore those rules and face the consequences outined.

I know that Whorable has a bloodline that many people like, and I have no problem with that. Her bloodline does NOT make her exempt from rules. Especially when Whorable was only 15 days old. While someone getting auth at 15 days is shocking to me in itself, I find it even more incredible the waves being created by her breaking rules and getting punished for it. 

You can't float in on the coat tails of your father or mother and expect to get treated as them. That's not how our world works and it drives me insane seeing the growing trend of people feeling they are more valuable due to their bloodline. 

But for fun, lets say your past legacy were taken into account. I highly doubt Whorable's mother, grandmother, or anyone for that matter, past or present, would find themselves exempt from the rules the Godfather-Chairman has laid down.

Cut and dried. Curtis laid down laws. Those laws were not followed, and action was taken in retaliation.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Upon receipt of the mass mail informing us Whorable was setting up, do not shoot, she is not a rogue, I had the same thought I always have when receiving such mail: What idiot is going to go against the request? I immediately looked out to all the on lookers to seek out Whorable because now I am nosey and want to see who her crew will be. I could not find her as she was not to be seen. When she appeared she was not sponsored. It looked to me like she was having some difficulties that led me to think possible connection issue. Shit happens beyond our control.

Shodtly after I noticeda debate in the streets about a infraction of a rule. It looked like drama too me and I decided to pick up on the read iver mirning coffee. That did not happen. I see Whorable met her maker not long ago.

I read the guidelines for setting up and the sole purpose. In my humble opinion the guidelines were met. The announcement was delivered by Whorable very shortly afterwards. Mitigating circumstances happen. Was she asked? Why woukd she put in countless hours and deliberately defy a modified rule to be killed?

This was a celebratory occassion for her. Sad in my opinion.
Report Post Tip

Isabella, the guidelines were not met. I'll quote back again the amendment to the rules that Godfather Curtis put into place - an amendment that my ancestors journals show  was well known across Los Angeles only a few short weeks back, by mostly the same group of people that are there presently. BlackBetty has already quoted this back once, but since you seem to be trying to ignore both that and the amendment itself, it's no trouble to do so once more. 

An Amendment to the Rules!

In light of the tragic death of AbrahamLincoln, all future leaders in LA will need to announce themselves in the streets. 

This announcement does not need to be more than one simple line letting everyone know that you are going to be setting up and have all the required permissions to do so. This can be done in a simple post in this conversation or an entire speech of your own in the streets. One way or another, some form of public notification in the streets will be a must from now on.

The amendment came into place on March 10th. It is now April 23rd. Many have stepped up correctly since March 10th. To claim Whorable was ignorant of this rule is to claim that she had no capacity for observation of how others stepped up and to claim that she was too self important to ensure that she understood the rules of Los Angeles properly before rushing to step up - in which case I would think it would be to the betterment of Los Angeles that Whorable was shot, as surely no growing city needs those traits in a crew leader. 

I am not sure where you feel mitigating circumstances should be applied, although firstly I might seek to remind you that this is somebody wishing to step up and lead in the Mafia, not submit an overdue piece of coursework and try to avoid dodging the penalty for doing so because their hamster died. The rules were simple, and easy to follow, and as such Whorable could have easily avoided her own downfall. All she had to do was make her announcement in the streets BEFORE she dropped out of Templar's crew and set up on her own. She chose to do things differently and break the rules made by the Godfathers, and one of the Godfathers upheld the integrity of those making the rules of Los Angeles by shooting her. I applaud the Godfather in question for doing so. I may not agree with certain aspects of how Los Angeles is being run, but I cannot help but respect the fact that the Godfathers are so willing to maintain their integrity over it. 

Report Post Tip
Thank you for taking the time to copy and reiterate the amendment. The sole reason for this amendent was due to the tragic death of Abraham. May he rest in peace.

The amendment was put in place to PROTECT the future CL so he or she would NOT get shot. Not shoot for a delay. Had mass mail not been forwarded, I could understand raised eyebrows and loaded guns. But the fact remains all were notified accordingly.
Report Post Tip
The amendment was put in place for protection reasons, that is fairly obvious but it became a double edged sword once it was implemented. A standard by which all will be measured on.

I have to ask why Templer and Whorable didn't think about her protection enough to follow the auth through the way it was supposed to be done. Surely her protection should have been paramount? Why then if she was having problems didn't either of them approach any of the Godfathers to explain what was going on and try to rectify the situation rather than ignoring the error and hoping for the best? Surely the onus was on both of them to do something proactive about it? But that didn't happen. No such communication came forward and there was enough time from the mistake until her death to do so.

I took the shot on Whorable for the breach as to me it was the right thing to do in order to uphold the rules we set in place. As has already been stated here, a Chicago CL was gunned down for not meeting the requirements before setting up. How would it be fair to have killed one CL for it and not another? Do you think we should have bent the rules for this incompetence? Where would that lead us?

No doubt it's an upsetting case for many and people want to blame the powers that be for being harsh but rules are rules, it's really that simple.

The ball was in their court and they dropped it.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
You're saying if Whoreable tried to rectify the situation by notifying one of the Gofathers that would of been acceptable. I can see your point, someone should of said something. Thank you Godmother BlackBetty.
Report Post Tip
An approach and an explanation would certainly have helped. At least then the Godfathers could have discussed the situation and decided on whether or not any mitigating circumstances offered could have kept Whorable from the grave.

Alas...
Report Post Tip

Whore had just come from the graveyard, she always made sure her Great Grandmother and Grandmother always had beautiful fresh flowers on their graves. She really missed her Great Grandmother, such a strong wise woman shot down without provocation in the prime of her life. It was hard to see how sad and frustrated her Grandmother was because they both knew how hard her Great Grandmother worked for her family. Life took its toll on Whore, losing her Grandmother and her Great Grandmother in such a short period of time. Her Grandmother’s demise was still recent and fresh in her memory. Whore had just cleared out all of her Grandmother’s belongings from the house. She packed up her clothes and what not and donated them to charity. What disturbed Whore was the note she found in an envelope with her name on it. It was tucked in her Grandmother’s top drawer.  

My Dearest Whore,

I know if you are reading this note I am no longer a part of this world. I also know this will be hard on you, but we come from a strong line of women and you will survive this.  The best way to do that is to surround yourself with friends and look too the future.  I’m leaving you this note as proof that I explained why an error was made, although I know our line had not been afforded the same courtesy.  Whore, we have no control over what others choose to do, no matter how much bigger their mistakes are. The important thing is that you know I respected those that are in power and tried to explain.

To: IvanRomanov

Sent: Apr 22, '15 03:05

Subject: well that sucked

i had my post all written in a word doc but i guess i didn't save it when i left work. when i went to post it i couldn't find it at first and then there was only the first paragraph that it auto saved as document7. 

Report Post Tip

This feels almost like a blame transfer. But alright, you approached one person.

I do have a few questions though.

1. Why did your great grandmother send this mail to someone about 55 minutes after an already late speech?

2. Why didn't your great grandmother approach more than one leader to ensure that they knew of the error as well? One leader is fine and dandy but they may venture off and not see the delivery of mail in time. Multiple usually means that it would be seen promptly.

Report Post Tip

Blame transfer is not my families style, but clearing up any misconceptions certainly is.

Why then if she was having problems didn't either of them approach any of the Godfathers to explain what was going on and try to rectify the situation rather than ignoring the error and hoping for the best?

1.  My Great Grandmother always considered Ivan a friend and when she saw him, she explained to him right away, 

2.  Actually my Great Grandmother did explain to someone very important and at a much earlier time, but it was very short because she          was in the middle of fixing her error.

To: Latin

Sent: Apr 22, '15 01:56

Subject:

yeah thanks, my word program didn't save it... doing it now. :(

Report Post Tip

Vladimir walks up seeing that Whorable's grand daughter has come to the streets in an attempt to smear a name of his acting Godfather.

I have to concur with Melis here. Especially since the laws set for the Wild West were set by Godfather-Chairman Curtis, not Godfather IvanRomanov... Yet, you mail Ivan?

And even so, the message is  an hour after the fact...

Seems to me like you are unwilling to face the facts that your grandmother dropped the ball.

Report Post Tip

I, in no way, shape or form have attempted to smear anyone's name. I merely responded to an assumption that my Great Grandmother made no effort to correct and unfortunate situation, when in fact, she went to those she had immense respect for. 

Insinuating that anything other than that is going on is incorrect and irresponsible.

Report Post Tip
Couple of things, Whore. Did your Grandmother buy an HQ before the thread could be posted? Your answer to this will make my next questions irrelevant but I will ask them anyway.

Did you ask Ivan or Latin to tell a Godfather of the situation? Did you not feel it would be pertinent as a CL to approach a Godfather personally to ensure they could hear your predicament?

I'm getting tired of trying to explain the error of your ways.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA, The Wild West.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL