Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 07:30:46
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46

What do you remember from the game. Stuff that has change and is no more. Remember when durdens use to spawn in cities and attack bg's?  Remember the time when their wasn't a timer package ? Or do you remember some of those epic wars that happened. What about when credits  never reached more than 300k?

What do you remember ?

Report Post Tip

I don't remember anything. I haven't paid enough attention to notice :'(

Report Post Tip

I remember when there were only 8 cities and there was a single Godfather per city.. those were the good days!

Report Post Tip

I remember when a CA was about 2.5 million 

Report Post Tip

I remember a time before Godfathers existed.

Report Post Tip

There was a time godfather wasn't a rank?  Toby is Old school. :D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I'm too old and senile to remember anything. Honestly, the old days had some good shit, some bad shit, some meh shit... For me it isn't/wasn't the features or gameplay that kept me coming back, nor is it now, it's the people. The community. Faces have changed for sure over the years. No arguing that. However, there are still some of us that can say we are in "The Decade Club". You haven't even touched on the "old stuff" with Durdens and credits.

- BGs capped at 10.
- No mugging.
- Wackback actually killing people (not just once in a blue moon).
- No Durdens.
- Jails started by leaders/high ranks getting themselves thrown in
- Godfather being a "Dream" and not everyone and their second, once removed, red-headed step cousin having had it.
- No fortifications.
- Having to survive on natural IAs.
- No credits.
- Role play in the Streets wasn't scoffed at if it wasn't "Mob Related". Zeb's retirement home, the block parties, rants, debates, raves, etc
- Stories in the Streets were not treated as useless and unwelcome by others.
- Leaders spoke to their members.
- No sponsors not doing their jobs because there weren't sponsors. There were subcrews within the crew that taught each other and worked together.
- HQs being ACTIVE.
- Profiles not being a mile long and looking like Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake went on a bender and puked all over them. Really, we don't give a fuck about your pick pockets, your mugs, your jail breaks, your random bank transfers, who's 666th mobmail you got. Get over yourself for fuck sakes.
- Leaders having to be active in the Streets before and during their auths and setting an example for others to do the same. If you wanted bold you had to be active!

That's all that comes to mind right now. There's probably other stuff that my brain has filed away for later days.
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Ahh yes, and as Toby said.. A time before there were no Godfathers. The rank hadn't been coded yet. Don was as good as it got.
Report Post Tip
Erm... A time before there were ANY Godfathers...

Senility. That's all I'm gonna say.
Report Post Tip

Remember when  BG's used to cost a shit load . IF you wanted to be auth or was going to be auth you had to get demoted to get them BG's. Then rank back up.

Report Post Tip
Ahh, the demote for BGs! Yep, I remember that too. Expensive as fuck and you had to be sure you really wanted them because you had to rank back up.
Report Post Tip
I remember having to turn off Java to IA race and letting everyone on IRC know you were racing because 8 people would disconnect at once.
Report Post Tip

Cool as fuck sub-crews, active HQ bar threads, no coded timer, true IA racing, secret hit squads. I'm not old old school, but thesee things stick out the most or maybe just how I saw them at the time.

Report Post Tip

Evidently there has been a change in a whole host of features as Iris has touched upon, but the attitude of players has been the most significant change for me. 

Report Post Tip
Iris. You just brought back sooooooo many memories for me there. Good times!

I remember my first proper family (I dicked around on the first few characters) and being invited to IRC room after I got Made Man. a 200 man HQ that was very active and coming into that room meeting loads of people for the first time was freaking awesome.

Shippie, wherever you are fella, I hope you know there are many from your crew that haven't forgotten you!
Report Post Tip

Silas Who in there right mind would ever give you a button?

Report Post Tip
I remember it was a hell of a lot simpler and more active. Really money didn't buy you perks, hell, there were no perks. Just the game and the people in it. I never paid attention to wars and never cared about trying to remember all the details and history of families and skirmishes and whatnot, but a lot has changed since 2002
Report Post Tip

Whatever do you mean, Credits?

Report Post Tip

Just off the top of my head:

• People settling their own shit without crying up the chain
  • Idiocy being a legitimately accepted reason for killing someone
  • Perceived inactivity being a legitimately accepted reason for killing someone
  • Not being vocal in the streets being a legitimate reason for killing a leader
  • Being vocal in the street being a requirement for leading
  • Everyone not doing what they are told just because they were told to do so
  • Every W/S not being handed in unless it was of personal benefit to do so
  • People taking risks to get what they wanted
  • Everyone not allying with everybody else
  • Protection orders not being made and nonsensically replied to

And so on...

Report Post Tip
When 50 BGs was a lot. That was before training upkeep. Oh yeah, no bodyguard training or upkeep. Remember those days?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL