Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 17:10:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46
Mr.Evilman's rampage with only 10 body guards,
IronFost for sure..
BrianAraio, kicked ass and made it funny..

And the funniest ever.. TSCOSP-Rip WillC
Can't forget about DickGoesinya
Report Post Tip
DickGozinya... Spelling is important.

It's funny how many of us are posting a more of our oldschool .org memories than MR specific memories.
Report Post Tip
All the stories most of us have are about people who at one point or another kicked ass on the game. There was a lot more of it back then, people died... A lot. It seems now days it takes a a lot more for something like that to happen. People actually have to work for it, not enter the magic numbers. Hehe
Report Post Tip
Not enter the magic numbers?

You had to work to be trusted enough to know them/work hard to find them.

I remember TeQ selling Pepsi D answers for $5 million and half the time giving the weaker set out.

Nowadays you just click a button till you get what you want. How's that working for it?

Incidentally. I still use the RP question and not the roll. I just know exactly what the answers work for having used them for years. Unless they were changed in the last 6 months. Then I am fucked
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I'm from a time HQ crew forums were actually seen and active...

Report Post Tip

I remember playing from school with peeps who'd race for 1 or 2 IAs and thought they had a cannon, then having to check the graveyard page just to find out if someone stealth had shot at you =-D

cos stealth was da shiz back then, none of this pointless WS to everyone because you can't actually be stealthy and silently kill someone alone in their home any mores *la sigh*

also, not sure if it was already mentioned, but the rogueishness of everything, as a rogue actually stood a chance of making an impact with a 4 hour protection timer that didn't drop as soon as they shot. (was apparently changed right in the middle of a rogue encounter without any public notification which resulted in shaddy fuckerish business and accusations to come out about the players and coders involved)

also remember -mrevilman fucking shit up too. being both untouchable and pewing every big player in the game, ellis, soultaker n such. when CL's only lived because people liked them enough to see them alive. rather than it being a case of not enough pews on yer gun to hit through the BGs keeping ya alive ^^

Report Post Tip

oh and bubba humpin' ya face in prison! =D

also, Miguel© quotes :)

WankishKnightsbane so many memories triggered by your post. Sal Giaquinto was a big one, is he still around?

And Kates/Keats?

Birday?
Report Post Tip
BIRDAY! :D
Report Post Tip

I remember when Godfather didnt exist, I remember a time when LV, LA wasnt even a place. I wanna' say there was not a Philly when I first started.

Report Post Tip

Reading what Iris wrote originally brought me back to when I first started. Loved it back when it was still .org as well, more difficult and personal. I remember everything on that list, good memories. Was great seeing when someone originally, finally did get godfather anyone trying to take him down. Many more wars then. Too bad there aren't a couple versions, like the original game and then still this one obviously with its steady updates.

Report Post Tip

Ha! someone remembering and mentioning mrevilman. That was a show in itselft. Put a 50million hit on himself because he knew no one could touch him. Much harder to make that kind of money too lol

Report Post Tip
Well eventually Uncle Nick hit him didn't he? When he got bored after 6 months or so?

Then they brought in the 141 regime within the United Nations.

After that CP took them down and brought in the 1041 regime.

It's amazing when you think now we moan about dominant groups but we have always had them. It's never been as diverse as peopke make out. Myself included.
Report Post Tip

There's been a few regimes that were slightly different. However, I've been around since the switch from .org to mafiareturns came up.

The problem with regimes always became that certain people were more targeted than others. Often they were people talented enough to take them out. Though bloodline hunting became the norm for keeping that from occurring. That led to people turning on friends at times making more drama. All of that kept the game interesting, but at the same time people held onto the past. Hell, I've been back a week and the stigma my name once carried still has a bad taste in some mouths. No matter how long you leave your past can follow you unfortunately. Even if you meant well.

Clay, the United Nations, friends/family/members of the one they call UncleNicky, always had the 1041 motto. It wasn't just after the CP came to be here. 1041 dates back to 2003/2004 with UncleNicky's first crew and when he killed mrevilman. It means the the United Nations will kill ten people for every one member of theirs killed. Thus "10 4 1". I remember making oh so many different profile pictures for UN members to choose from and doing their custom pics as well. Have a few of my own sporting those numbers.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you.
Report Post Tip
Just to add a bit to that... There have been a few different United Nations leaders flying the flag over the years. All have kept the 1041 motto close to their hearts.
Did the United Nations not use the 141 tag originally. Which obviously meant one of your for one of ours. This was following members dying randomly as people, at the time, could not kill them all. It was introduced to say that regardless blood would be paid for in blood. Not always the killers but any menber of an offending famiky. Following that the membership numbers began within the UN and would run in profiles/quotes for quite some time. Kes and Evsie being somewhere are the originals. Certainly Kes.

Fakeman then used the tag but changed it to 1041? He did this mainly as a pisstake of the old regime but also as a bit of a statement that they would be more tyrannical than UN were.

I was always on the 'other' side to UN but knew a good many members and counted them as friends.
Report Post Tip
I've always known it as 1041. I can consult the old Gazettes for verification I suppose.
Report Post Tip
I've just had a dig through the Gazettes. Mentions of UN but not the tag.

Having spoke to my esteemed sponsor he agrees with you so it's obviously my shite memory.

I remember CP using a pisstakey number. Perhaps it was 242 and that's why I've got 141 in my head.

Or maybe I've just constructed a whole new .org experience
Report Post Tip

1041 was the UN tag as Iris has stated, long before CP existed as I remember it being present on .org.

CP was founded at 2:42AM one evening and as at that time the UN were in charge and popularised 1041 as a tag, it seemed logical for us to fly our 242 flag. I didn't actually realise until a few days later that people took it as a direct contradiction to the UN's 1041, so that was just a happy coincidence. As for the tyrannical intentions etc. I think that is just a matter of personal opinion on whether you actively schemed against us or you didn't.

And, although all the CP players were originally on .org, we didn't all come together (and stop killing Tallien) until MR. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL