Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 13:36:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
How old of an MR player are you? Started by: FredoSantana on Sep 25, '15 00:46
Iris "The Decade Club"

Frown. I'll be there someday.

I miss no Durdens... 35k credits... Wars that on average lasted 3+ days.

- Role play in the Streets wasn't scoffed at if it wasn't "Mob Related". Zeb's retirement home, the block parties, rants, debates, raves, etc
- Stories in the Streets were not treated as useless and unwelcome by others.
- Leaders spoke to their members.
- No sponsors not doing their jobs because there weren't sponsors. There were subcrews within the crew that taught each other and worked together.
- HQs being ACTIVE.
- Profiles not being a mile long and looking like Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake went on a bender and puked all over them. Really, we don't give a fuck about your pick pockets, your mugs, your jail breaks, your random bank transfers, who's 666th mobmail you got. Get over yourself for fuck sakes.

And FUCK YES to all of those my old ass friend, fuck yes.

Some of the stuff you mentioned was a year or two before my time, so I can't comment on those. But I must agree with Credits as well... A lot of the mentality has changed over the years, for the worse in my opinion. But whatever, it's a swinging pendulum and I'm hoping the old(er) school mindset(s) start to shine through....eventually.
Report Post Tip

Not sure you're senile, not yet anyway, Iris!

I remember the 10 bodyguards, I also remember trying to juggle personalities within a 200 person HQ......wasn't always easy!

Report Post Tip

200 members in one HQ sounds horrible! 

Report Post Tip

Sovereign - I guess that would depend on your ability to lead a Family :)

Report Post Tip

2012 - Nuff said

Report Post Tip

Wait so senile, 2002 Nuff Said

Report Post Tip

200 Person HQs were awesome. But I can understand someone that didnt experience things in that day thinking it would be horrible, as I think 200 person HQs now would indeed be horrible as it'd mean we have very few crews.

Report Post Tip
Being on IRc was like a party, everyone was there drinking and talking shit.
Report Post Tip
200 member hqs really gave people a chance to show their worth. Ranks within crews such as SCL and capos really got people working hard. Sub crews competing against each other and the like was fun to watcj and be a part of.
Report Post Tip
This thread makes me miss the old days even more! POO!!!

They were good times. Wouldn't be as bad now if there were like a District HQ forum. Would sorta be like subcrews in a way kinda?
Report Post Tip
Maybe one day we can convert back to the old days.I would love to see a 200 man HQ .with a Cl who can handle it. I would to have one GF per city again.
Report Post Tip
I remember paying $0.99 to lock down jails. My bank statement listed about 40 payments of £0.60.

Remember racing meant having two windows open and f5-ing.

I remember St. Louis.

I remember actually spending time in jail.
Report Post Tip
Rose tinted glasses, the old days were different not necessarily better.
Lot of people playing now may have been bored of the game back then.
Basically the game was petties and the Chicago - LA Drugs run. Everything else was irc.

The gameplay is much better now, there is more to do.

200 hqs were a headache, there was no such coding for RHM you ran that shit yourself. The only let up was that your right hand could sign on to your account to conduct business.
Not the best way to run 200 people and it was a full time job.

Much more of a game these days even if maybe the community isn't as close, don't think its suffered really bad its just other forms of communication are used.

In this day and age of things grabbing our attention every 5 mins and always wanting to see the next thing. I think MR has done pretty well to evolve with the times. Can always do better I suppose but its the community that keeps us together.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

When i 1st started here Anita was godmother of Philly i spent most of my time trying to learn to play while being in crews that where killed warring Anita.

The game has changed alot since then i remember having many windows put up to wack.

I remember a wb that resulted in Bubba dragging you kicking and screaming into a dark corner of your cell.

I miss some of those little things but like Toaly said its the community that means more to me then the changes.

Report Post Tip

I remember when IzzyCreamCheese was a gangster, and not the owner...

Report Post Tip

I remember when you could transfer crew members to any family you wanted without them knowing...

Report Post Tip

I remember Miguel...

Report Post Tip

I remember Sims...

Report Post Tip

" - BGs capped at 10."

I remember when your personal was capped at 10...

Report Post Tip

I remember the first time i talked to Iris on the phone...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How old of an MR player are you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL