Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:38:41
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Whats your favorite Insirational Quote? Started by: Father_OMalley on Jan 15, '19 03:35
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fuck center mass, aim for the face

Report Post Tip

If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit

Report Post Tip

Don't compare your life to others.
There's no comparison between the sun and the moon.
They shine when it's their time.

~Unknown

Report Post Tip

"Everything in the world is about sex except sexSex is about power." 

Report Post Tip

if the another guy can do it why you must do it

Report Post Tip

“The contemporary proliferation of bullshit also has deeper sources, in various forms of skepticism which deny that we can have any reliable access to an objective reality and which therefore reject the possibility of knowing how things truly are. These "anti-realist" doctrines undermine confidence in the value of disinterested efforts to determine what is true and what is false, and even in the intelligibility of the notion of objective inquiry. One response to this loss of confidence has been a retreat from the discipline required by dedication to the ideal of correctness to a quite different sort of discipline, which is imposed by pursuit of an alternative ideal of sincerity. Rather than seeking primarily to arrive at accurate representations of a common world, the individual turns toward trying to provide honest representations of himself. Convinced that reality has no inherent nature, which he might hope to identify as the truth about things, he devotes himself to being true to his own nature. It is as though he decides that since it makes no sense to try to be true to the facts, he must therefore try instead to be true to himself.

But it is preposterous to imagine that we ourselves are determinate, and hence susceptible both to correct and to incorrect descriptions, while supposing that the ascription of determinacy to anything else has been exposed as a mistake. As conscious beings, we exist only in response to other things, and we cannot know ourselves at all without knowing them. Moreover, there is nothing in theory, and certainly nothing in experience, to support the extraordinary judgment that it is the truth about himself that is the easiest for a person to know. Facts about ourselves are not peculiarly solid and resistant to skeptical dissolution. Our natures are, indeed, elusively insubstantial -- notoriously less stable and less inherent than the natures of other things. And insofar as this is the case, sincerity itself is bullshit.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Report Post Tip

"Just do it." - Nike/Louis Stevens

Report Post Tip

"Only the dead truely have seen the end of war"

-Plato

Report Post Tip

Be with the people who bring out the best in you.

~Unknown

Live by the sword die by the sword 

“If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” (Sir Isaac Newton)

Report Post Tip

Sink the pink, it's all the fashion
Drink the drink, it's old-fashioned

Bon Scott - RIP

Report Post Tip

"All things truly wicked start from innocence." ― Ernest Hemingway

Report Post Tip

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Report Post Tip

If you tell someone something enough time eventually they will start to believe it

Report Post Tip

The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. If you can change the way people think. The way they see themselves. The way they see the world. You can change the way people live their lives. That's the only lasting thing you can create.

Report Post Tip

When nothing goes Right, go Right

Report Post Tip

"Now I'll apply the use of another man's thoughts to another topic, those who think I'm an idiot. Ask them which line or thought of mine is stupid. I have, and no one has presented a single piece they just keep using the word. Now I challenge any of you who've read this far and believe it to find a piece that makes me stupid in any of my comments produced anywhere. I stand by every comment I've made."

"For those of you who're capable of reading past that little challenge, I thank you for at the very least assuming I'm not an idiot regardless of whether it's based on this or other material. It will likely get me a few off color comments, but I welcome them because it'll give me an opportunity to show that even when one is searching for a comment of that nature, I'm still capable of defending the thoughts behind it. I am a man, not a beast, therefor I think. I do more than simply respond to natural urges, my kind have mastered fire and the oceans."

v inspiring how close he got to:

a) making sense

b) quoting actual philosophy

c) mastering fire and the oceans

Report Post Tip
Fear not the one who can kill the body, but the one who can kill the body and destroy the soul.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite Insirational Quote?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL