Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 13:14:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >>> ]
Cafe Colombian Detroit Started by: Alessia on Jan 10, '20 06:08

Rain and Mercury sat down in the office.  She ordered and had delivered a Cholados Colombianos for both of them.  As they sat there sipping on their drink Rain explained.

When you called me The-Greek was sitting in the other office.  You hung up so fast I could believe what I was hearing.  After you didn’t call back I was so upset about what you said I approached him the next day.   He said there had to be some misunderstanding.  That was the only reason why he had his men follow you. He was concerned about you because you had fainted in his restaurant and wanted to make sure you got where you were going safely.  He told me he wouldn’t ever have a reason to drug a beautiful woman and took offense to be accused of doing so.  He told me he knew I hadn’t known him that long but he wasn’t anything near that type of man.  He said he has always treated women with the utmost respect. 

Rain told Mercury he really sounded sincere about the whole incident and she believed him.  I think he’s a very up and up, professional guy and joined into business together.

Report Post Tip

Mercury was in many ways relieved. In their line of work there were all kinds of nefarious characters. She had thought he had drugged her. Wine generally doesn't hit her like that. She had known Rain a LONG LONG time at trusted her. If she said The-Greek was ok then he must be.

If there is one person's word I trust from the West Coast it is you, Mercury told her. What was I to think? I'm nowhere near the safety of my turf and all of a sudden I am passing out in his restaurant. I handle wine just fine Rain. I truly believed I was drugged. If you say it wasn't him, I believe you. I still think someone drugged that wine. Someone drugged me for sure! Mercury said

Report Post Tip

Rain looked at Mercury and told her she believed her.  Something happened for sure and they were going to get to the bottom of it.   She understood it happened at The-Greek’s restaurant and that why she thought it was him.  In a way he is responsible even if it wasn’t himself.  She told Mercury not to worry they were going to find out who the culprit was.  She had to head back home to Seattle for a couple of days but would be back in Detroit later that week.  

Getting on to another subject she told Mercury that she needed her help with keeping an eye on the operations.  Mercury already knew about it because she help Rain hook up with some contacts at the airport and customs.  She told Mercury she just had so many things going on and with all the bloodshed they had lately she lost some very good, trusted people. The operation was running so smoothly she just didn’t want anything to jeopardize it, especially bringing in the wrong people.  Plus she knew Big Moe and Roots very well. Rain also knew she was well connected and could help her expand her clientele.  Now that she had Nighttrid and his private planes a lot more product could be imported in and a lot more money to be made.

Report Post Tip

Mercury agreed to help Rain with her operations. They could work it all out when Rain returned.

I have control of my relatives Yacht Club which has several boats and a boathouse. It could help with Canadian transports should you wish to expand further. Think about it, Mercury said.

In the meantime, I will take care of some things at the club and I have to make a quick trip home as well. I'll see you in a few days, Mercury said. 

Report Post Tip

Chyna stood in front of the Cafe Colombian Detroit looking around. She was waiting for Sisyphus before going inside. She knew if she didn't wait outside, she'd be too tempted to start eating without him. It wasn't the coffee that drew her here, it was the sandwiches. They were supposed to be one of the best around town and she wasn't really sure which she would try first. 

More than likely it would be a couple of them. She had yet to find a restaurant that could satisfy her appetite with one single menu item. Usually two or more needed to be ordered. Which was fine with her, she had the money and the appetite to cover it. Plus, it was a good way to sample more of the menu, figure out what she likes best. Chyna looked up and down the street, hoping to spot Sisyphus. Her stomach was tired of waiting. 

Report Post Tip

Sitting at the table waiting for Rain to meet him for there meeting.  He slowly sipped his French Vanilla dark roasted coffee.  He brought a news paper to read as he knew that Rain was Rain and she gets there when she gets there.  No man can rush her and no man will ever tell her what or when to do something unless its a plan that she agreed too.  As he read his paper the thought of the last time he saw her brought a smile to his face but he knew that she is focused on her work right now.  

Report Post Tip

As Jay was getting ready to go to meeting , he gets a call saying  the meeting is being delayed for a couple of hours .

So he decides to head to Cafe Colombian for some breakfast

As he walks in he heads to the counter 

Can I have a roast beef sub and a Don Pablo Colombian Supremo?

Report Post Tip

Mercury finally gave up on sleep. It was 6 am and only a couple staff were up. She had someone bring her coffee to her office and began reviewing all the notes Michael and her staff had left. To her it seemed scattered but she was positive she knew who was causing all the mayhem. When her coffee arrived she drank it. She took care of some bills. Envelopes were stuffed with cash and names/addresses were written on the outside for her people to deliver. More coffee was brought while she worked.

Just around 8 am Michael appeared. He asked what the plans were for the day.

First we are going to Rain's Colombian Cafeshe said handing Michael a large envelope. That is for her. After that we are off on a west coast trip. We have to shore up business partners there.Depending on what is there, we might arrange to open a steakhouse there or another store we can use as a front, she told him. Our flight leaves at 11. Ready to go? she asked.

Sure, Michael said. I am ready when you are!

Great, I have telegraphed ahead. Our sedan will be waiting.

Mercury and Michael left to start their next adventure. Hopefully this will be a productive trip.

Report Post Tip

Mercury and Michael arrived at the Colombian Cafe' only to see The-Greek snoring at a table with a newspaper. Mercury raised a finger to her lips and slipped by him. She ignored the waitress and went to Rain's office. She was not there. Mercury slipped the wrote a note on a scrap piece of paper

For the coffee. We need more everywhere. Very popular! Hope to catch up with you soon. M

Mercury and Michael slipped out the back door and headed towards the airport. It was time to catch their flight. 

Report Post Tip

Adrian walked in and saw Mercury passed out at her table, he looked at Whispers and Liam and they went to their table and called over a waitress.   They ordered six cinnonmon rolls and cups of coffee.  They were there to meet with the team to cover the operations as Adrian was in need of more product.  Rain gave him certain assurances and he made plans to have buyers lined up and it was getting close to the dates of purchase.  He was always the man that had product in hand and ready to roll normally weeks in advance so there would be no mistakes.  He was for the first time operating in the dark.  

Report Post Tip

The days had turned into weeks, time flew by. Needless to say things have been busy, so busy in fact that Talia hadn't gotten out much at all lately. It was unlike her but her responsibilities were her foremost priority; whether it was doing something for the general.... general tentacles.... which took up most of her time or making sure that Samantha was kept in line.

It had seemed just over night that girl sprouted up. The day at the yacht club was just a distant memory now and that scared little girl her and Johnny had come across was now... well she was practically on the verge of being an adult, at least it seemed like it.

Talia let out a sigh as she sat at a corner table in Cafe Colombian, reaching out for the cup of coffee sitting in front of her. It was already half gone and all hints of warmth from an earlier brew were now gone. It was just a mere cup of lukewarm coffee, it was good. It did it's job but it was nothing special.

Bringing the cup to her lips, Talia took a tiny sip then placed the mug back down in front of her. She glanced down on her wrist, giving her watch a glance over. Then glanced over at the seat across from her, an empty seat, with a now lukewarm but full cup of coffee sitting in front of it. It wasn't like JohnnyCage to miss a coffee rendezvous with her but she was getting the inclination this was going to be one of those times. 

With another sigh, Talia gave a glance out the window before focusing her gaze onto her bag. If it wasn't for the rather peacefulness she was in, she very likely would have gotten up and left.

"Maybe just a couple more minutes." she said to herself.

With a slight smile and nod, answering herself, Talia ruffled through her bag. She pulled out her pack of Lucky Strike, took a single smoke out, placed it between her lips and lit it up. Taking a normal sized pull off tobacco stick, Talia held the smoke in her lungs for a moment before pushing the cloud of smoke out the corner of her mouth. An even more calming sensation went through her body.

Now it was just a matter if Johnny would show or not....

Report Post Tip

Johnny was running a bit late today, he had promised to meet Talia for coffee this afternoon and then ended up tied up at the new Mortal Kombat HQ. It had been a hectic week with a war and then the setting up of his own headquarters, and so as he rushed down the street towards the cafe there was only one thought going through his head - he sure hoped Talia had waited for him.

He wasn't sure if she would still be there or not but it had been too long since he saw her. Over the last few months, he had grown quite accustomed to seeing her every day and her not being around the past few days was a bit weird. It felt like there was so much to catch up on already. 

As Johnny finally reached the cafe and pulled the door open he let out a sigh of relief and keeled over in the doorway for a moment to catch his breath. She was still there sitting in the corner at her favorite booth; half-hidden behind a cloud of smoke with two coffee's on the table in front of her. One in front of her and the other in front of the empty seat across the table. Johnny made his way over and cleared his throat to snap her out of whatever deep thought she was in the middle of.

"Ahem, sorry I am late... is this for me?" He asked as he slid into the seat and grabbed the coffee.

Without waiting for a response he popped the lid open and took a sip, it was ice cold, so cold he nearly spit the sip back up. After barely managing to keep it in his mouth and swallow he looked back up to Talia again.

"How long have you been sitting here?"

Report Post Tip

Talia was on the last puff of her lucky strike, a cloud of smoke engulfing the area around her. She had waited long enough and just figured Johnny got caught up in something important, cause after all he was a rather important man these days. Reaching for her coffee, in order to finish up the remaining cold brew, Talia caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye. 

It wasn’t until the cloud of smoke began dissipating that was able to see what she thought she did. It was Johnny, he was keeled over just inside the doorway, catching his breath from what she could only assume was a rather speedy trip to the cafe. She was both happy and pissed in the same moment, had to hold back the smile and at least act a little pissed. 

”How long have you been sitting here?” He asked.

Talia glanced over towards him, turned her wrist slightly on the table and directed her gaze at the watch upon her wrist. Slowly she directed her gaze back onto Johnny. He was smiling, a big smile. One that she had to try her hardest not to match. 

”Long enough...”

She picked up her coffee and drank the remaining cold bit. 

”You realize you’re an hour late, right?” Talia said with an evil glare in his direction.

Report Post Tip

Johnny leaned over the table and glanced at Talia's watch before responding.

"Hmm, only an hour? I did better than I thought. Wait here another minute yeah?"

Johnny didn't wait for a response, he was fairly sure now that he finally showed up Talia wasn't going to take off for the door when he got up... not after waiting an hour anyways. He made his way up to the counter of the cafe and ordered two more coffees before bringing them back and placing one in front of her and flopping back down with his own. 

"So how are things? You miss me yet?" Johnny teased as he took the lid off of his coffee and dumped some milk in.

He looked up for a minute and flashed her a quick but big smile before returning to his coffee. He gave it a quick stir and put the lid back on. Not feeling patient enough to let it cool at the moment he carefully took a small sip and placed the cup back down in front of him.

"Ahh that's good. Much better when it's still hot."

Report Post Tip

Talia pulled the newly acquired cup of coffee towards her, she said nothing for the next minute or so. Well however long it took her fix up her coffee. A couple sugars, a little bit of cream and a good ole stir. The stir was rather important, if it wasn’t all mixed in together it just wasn’t right. The sugar though, that was the key. How people drank coffee without sugar was beyond her grasp. 

It wasn’t until she was satisfied with her coffee that she finally looked back over to Johnny. 

”Did I miss you?” She paused for a moment, have him a glare then a smile. “Maybe a little bit.”

She looked down at her coffee and held it in her hands, brought it up to her lips and gave it a slight blow across the top. She paused just before taking the first sip.

”Did you miss me?”

Report Post Tip

"Of course I missed you, you know that. It might not have been as long as it felt... but it sure did feel like a long time. I might have... erm well nevermind, but yeah I missed you."

Johnny looked down at the table trying to avoid eye contact, and in doing so spotted his coffee sitting there still full.

"Oh look coffee!"

He quickly scooped it up and took a big sip of the no longer scalding hot coffee and then placed it down in order to reach over and snag a smoke from Talia's open pack. He popped the cigarette in his mouth and then reached over for the matches, striking one and lighting smoke as he inhaled. 

"Ah I missed this too, you know I still only ever smoke when I am either with you or drinking? Its a bit odd now that I think about it..." He said as he exhaled a cloud of smoke.

Report Post Tip

Mercury had not heard from Rain in several days. The last time she saw her was in Vegas. She hoped everything was okay. While she was in Detroit, she stopped by Cafe Colombian and inquired as to her whereabouts. When the cashier gave her the runaround Mercury became furious.

Have YOU heard from your boss? Have YOU seen her? She was to arrange for coffee deliveries and she can't be found! Mercury shouted at her. Mercury didn't give a damn that there were customers here. Her dear friend was missing!

The cashier was taken aback and didn't know what to do. Mercury didn't care. Rain could be in trouble and this employee didn't care. Mercury took her gun out and set it on the counter. In a lowered voice, she said.

Now here is what you are going to do. You are going to call every place you think she could be or could have been. Every single store, restaurant, supplier and anyone else you can think of. If you don't have the numbers you best be finding them. I will be back tomorrow at this exact time. You better have answers for me. 

Mercury picked up her gun and left. She was done tolerating incompetent people today! Michael was waiting with the car. She got in and they left.

Report Post Tip

“I knew you missed me, I mean come on. What’s not to miss?”

Talia gave him a slight smile then a playful wink. While Johnny was taking another puff from the cigarette he had just lit.

I wouldn’t really call it odd, I only smoke when I’m drinking coffee out, drinking booze or when I’m stressed out. I don’t smoke at home, well I do but I do it outside on the patio. Have had to been a bit sneaky with it lately actually.”

She could see Johnny raise an eyebrow and knew he couldn’t resist not questioning it. 

”Sneaky? Why?”

Before she answered, Talia took a sip from her coffee. It was still rather hot but it was a good hot. Was so much better then the last little bit from the cup prior.

”So apparently Samantha is anti smoking, she gets on my case hardcore every time she sees me doing it. I usually tell her to mind her damn business but she is a persistent little shit. It’s even gotten to the point I have to hide the pack, cause if she finds them, she will leave them in the flower vase.” Talia shook her head and rolled her eyes. “The one on the table, the one that always has flowers in it...the one with water...”

Report Post Tip

"Well that sounds fairly rude..." 

Johnny couldn't help but laugh thinking about Talia finding her cigarettes floating in a vase repeatedly. A laugh she clearly noticed as her stir stick came hurling over the table towards Johnny's forehead.

"It's not funny." She calmly stated as the stick connected with Johnny's head.

"Oh come on it's a little funny."

Johnny placed his cigarette carefully in the ashtray so that it would stay lit while he drank some more of his coffee. It was cooled off enough at this point that his small sips could become large gulps, and so a few gulps later he placed down a nearly empty cup and picked the cigarette back up, inhaling a long drag before leaning back in his chair and releasing a smoke-filled sigh.

"Ahh, that's good. We really need to start meeting for coffee more regularly again. I missed this."

Report Post Tip

"Well if someone wasn't Mr. Bigshot and had the time, maybe we would." Talia said in a rather sassy tone.

She had gotten used to seeing Johnny daily, actually spent a considerable amount with him. Then he got important, got busy, really busy then got kicked out of the headquarter. No not cause he was bad, cause he was just that good. She was proud of him in a way, was nice to see him doing so well but in the same aspect it affected her.

Affected her not in the public nor financial sense but more so in her personal life.

She had a hard time staying mad at him though, especially with the big cheesy smile he kept on donning.

"Why do you have that big ole smile on your face?"

"Cause I like smiling, duh!

Talia shook her head slowly, while picking up her coffee.

"Oh and by the way! It is not funny! Do you know how many packs I've lost to that child, she will even sift through my bag and purposely look for them. I have to hide them in my own house."

She let out a sigh then took a rather large sip from her cup.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Cafe Colombian Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL