Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 10:49:50
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
A FAIR Writing Contest Started by: Douglas_MacArthur on Aug 06, '20 17:11

Douglas_MacArthur arrives in his CRM jeep. He delivers a short address from its' hood.

Fellow Mobsters, greetings. 

As you know, I am devoted to bringing back the great hobby of writing and storytelling to these sacred streets. And while I usually do not like contests, I feel compelled to help run a fair and unbiased contest. My hope is that this will give folks hope in writing. Good luck!

Douglas begins passing out FLYERS detailing the contest.

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Douglas

a really worthy initiative and I thank you for it.

I shall try to write something but i'm afraid i may be too lazy

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I'm game and excited.

Report Post Tip

Word of a fair and honest writing contest being run by a upstanding mafioso had spread all the way to Corktown in Detroit. When Tad heard that a competition was being put on he made sure to go see it for himself. The thought of a legitimate competition of the sort being put on in these times was almost unheard of. There was the case of a fighting competition being put together which was getting a lot of good buzz. Besides that it was pretty unfathomable to see a fair and honest competition being put on.

As he stepped out of his car in Chicago he spotted the man himself....General Douglas_MacArthur who was putting on this great competition. He quickly walked up and shook the mans hand before saying a few words to him...

"Thank you General. It is a breath of fresh air to see somebody bringing a fair competition to the streets. I think I shall partake in this competition as I have not seen any of this sort that have been worth entering until now. All I've seen or heard about are competitions where second place wins more than first....and first doesn't even get the correct amount originally promised....well not apparently until the masses found out. I look forward to this competition even if it is just for bragging rights. Perhaps this is the beginning of your rise to the unoccupied position of Leader of the Streets." He thanked the man again as he made his way back towards his car.

Before getting in he had one thought to add, "I mean, who really wants to waste their time supporting shady competitions run by non-leaders of the streets anyway?"

He shook his head at the thought of it and got into his vehicle to depart...

Report Post Tip
If this contest can provide 3 fair and impartial judges, I’ll throw in a Super VIP as a gift to the winner.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I'll second @Ragnorok's offer, and offer myself as a judge

Tad was just closing his window when he heard Ragnarok make a generous offer to add to the competition's prize pool. It was based off the condition that impartial judges were found for such a competition. Which was very understandable for a competition of this sort. Then he heard another voice add to his offer....

It was Anton and clearly he did not understand the definition of the key word used in Ragnarok's offer....which caused Tad to sigh before rolling down his window completely to speak.

"Sorry Anton, he said 'impartial' judges. You are currently trying to get those who participate to also go and lazily recount exactly what they say here on your street corner. That would clearly make you incapable of being an impartial judge. We all know how beneficial it is for people to create lots of commotion on the street corner they're speaking from. Plenty of loose change falls out in large crowds like that and you'll surely be the beneficiary of that." He shook his head in disappointment.

A leaderless streets was clearly to blame....

"But, let us not focus too much on the negative. I am happy to hear of your support for this competition and the logical condition it is based upon Ragnarok. We need more people like you out here supporting competitions, but holding them accountable for any support they may receive." He shook the man's hand before getting back in his car.

Hopefully there would be a pause long enough for him to depart...

Report Post Tip
TadKnackered - instead of slapping yourself silly at me, why don't you find out who this benefactor i
Report Post Tip

Tad watched as Anton began to respond angrily to him before getting struck by a runaway hot dog cart...

"My god what an unexpected thing. I suppose that is what happens when a hot dog vendor attempts to sell his product at the top of an incline. Are you alright? You seemed to be in the middle of a thought when it struck you. You were either saying 'I' or a word starting with an 'i' and I'm just not sure which it was." He said as he exited his vehicle once again.

"Should you be making your way to a hospital or are you good to continue on with your day? I have to continue on with mine. You should be happy that the streets are becoming lively with fair and honest competitions. Rather than becoming angry. I suppose as leaderless streets can be quite upsetting though." Tad said as he got back in his vehicle and shook his head.

"Well, you figure out what you need to do. I'll be off and look forward to the success of this fair competition."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Thank you for the time and effort that you took to put this on Douglas_MacArthur, I just sent my entry in. I’m glad that there is a place to be able to write without all that other noise on the side that comes with out competitions around here. I look forward to more of these in the future.

Report Post Tip
Your accountant makes note that $1,000,000 has been wired to KarrinMurphy from your account. The note "start up" was included.
Report Post Tip

Very interesting, can't wait to see how this second contest unfolds. 

Report Post Tip
Usually I like to enter these competitions myself, but recently I find myself short on time. As such, I would happily volunteer as a judge Douglas_Macarthur
Report Post Tip

Count me in!

Report Post Tip
PBT sat listening to this speech of sorts and decided, the hell with it. I’m by no means a writer but I’ll throw my name in the hat for some fun.
Report Post Tip

@Douglas_Macarther  Where do we post our entries?

Report Post Tip

Underneath the flyer, Sir

Report Post Tip
Quite a shame your life was cut short from seeing this come to fruition. Perhaps in the future I will conduct my own story telling contest. Until then I'll hide in my forts away from this hidden shooter.

Having heard of Douglas MacArther's passing, a sadness would hit Tony.

What a fucking shame alright...

Report Post Tip

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make,” Karrin steps out of the crowd, “The anonymous benefactor of this fair writing contest has reached out and despite the terrible passing of a good man, Douglas_MacArthur, would like to press on in his honor. Everything will run exactly as it was, hopefully with a little less friction this time around. 

Your submissions can still be left here. As I am taking a larger role in this contest, my submission will no longer count. Myself and the benefactor look forward to more stepping forward and trying to win that top prize. Good luck all.”

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A FAIR Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL